[ROM][onyx][7.1.x][OFFICIAL][WEEKLIES] Lineage Android Distribution for OnePlus X

Search This thread

SpaceDye

Oct 12, 2012
Milan
@jaganbv, @Divyesh49 and @SpaceDye, If you all want to use Official LineageOS 15.1 so badly then you can give a try to the Unofficial LineageOS 15.1. I am sure that you won't be disappointed on using it :D. It's pretty stable and can be used as daily driver. I myself have been using LOS 15.1 as my daily driver since a few months.

@SpaceDye many people are happy using Unofficial LOS 15.1.

Yes, and many people are happy with Pepsi instead of Coke. Not saying the unofficial release is bad, I have tried it a few months back and it seemed stable enough, but some of us just want the extra peace of mind that comes with an official release, i.e. timely updates and better QC.

omkolte17

Oct 8, 2015
India
Yes, and many people are happy with Pepsi instead of Coke.
:D
Not saying the unofficial release is bad, I have tried it a few months back and it seemed stable enough, but some of us just want the extra peace of mind that comes with an official release, i.e. timely updates and better QC.
Ohk, as you wish. I tried to contact our device maintainer @ashwin007 but it seems like he is currently unavailable.

Hardikgeek03

Apr 10, 2018
OnePlus Nord
I m facing network isssues.... With the latest build..... Network drops suddenly and it takes 40-50 seconds to catch back signals.... Streaming becomes difficult on mobile data... Even PUBG ping drops while playing on mobile data... Any fixes anyone?

Pootch

Apr 6, 2009
I can't recommend unoffical Lineageos for oneplus x.. too many bugs (camera, gps, battery drain)
Gone back to 14.1

mieru

Aug 7, 2009
Is the green video on whatsapp fixed in the meanwhile? Can anyone confirm? Thank you

Pootch

Apr 6, 2009
You are kidding, right? I have been using this ROM since 3 months and didn't faced such issues till now. Try clean flashing the ROM.

I am not the only one who complains about lot of bugs at Lineageos/Omnirom 15.1 for Oneplus X.
Have a look at those threads.
Anyway this is a sidetopic.

14.1 works great so far.

mieru

Aug 7, 2009
I've flashed new build from 04/08 and no issues at all with whatsapp. Video calls and voice recording works without issues.

Edit: Voice recordings works, but now strangely video calls have color stripes again :(... please fix, thank you!

Last edited:

mieru

Aug 7, 2009
I have battery drain with Android OS using 21%! Also with servicely and naptime! Anyone else with that battery drain? I am on latest build. Thank you

severoraz

Mar 6, 2015
Current issues with build --08-04

I'm have installed the --08-04 build and have the following issues (for those looking into installing the ROM):
  • in WhatsApp video calls: green / purple rendering of selfie cam video on screen (other participant sees the correct video coloring)
  • in WhatsApp calls: other participant can hear themselves
  • HDR probably not working (it can be enabled after changing to selfie cam and back, but it doesn't seem the image is really HDR)

Update --08-23, using same build (though there's a new build available)
  • in WhatsApp video calls: the green and purple issue seems to be intermittent, I have experienced a few calls without it happening.
  • in loudspeaker conversations in general: echo in calls problem appeared (i.e. other participant can listen to themselves).
  • display brightness sometimes changes by itself, even when adaptive display brightness setting is off.
  • phone reaches high temperatures (over 40 °C at 25 °C amb. temp.) while charging.
  • phone reaches high temperatures (over 40 °C at 25 °C amb. temp.) during video calls.

Update --08-30: This issue list has been obsoleted by post #2745

Last edited:

omkolte17

Oct 8, 2015
India
I'm have installed the --08-04 build and have the following issues (for those looking into installing the ROM):
  • in WhatsApp video calls: green / purple rendering of selfie cam video on screen (other participant sees the correct video coloring)
  • HDR probably not working (it can be enabled after changing to selfie cam and back, but it doesn't seem the image is really HDR it is actually doing an HDR photo)

1. The green and purple rendering of visible to is, the person on the other end cannot see the color.
Other two issues are not known to me, so I can't help but the first one issue is on our side and the participant can see us clearly without any disturbance of the green and purple lines.

XWERT

Nov 29, 2015
OnePlus Nord
Guys can u tell me when i get Lineage os on my OP X? Android Pie is here and i still wait on Android Oreo. (Oneplus One have Android O and its same hardware)
And i can wait for Pie for OP X? Or Lineage support kill this phone?

mieru

Aug 7, 2009
@ashwin007: can you please into the battery drain? or am i the only one with "Android OS" going crazy in battery stats? I don't have it with jdc/tesla and neither with yumemichi's cm15.1. Thank you!

severoraz

Mar 6, 2015
I have found more issues with build --08-04, please see post https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=77374837&postcount=2739.

1. The green and purple rendering of visible to is, the person on the other end cannot see the color.
Other two issues are not known to me, so I can't help but the first one issue is on our side and the participant can see us clearly without any disturbance of the green and purple lines.

Yes, we are in agreement with that the other person cannot see the color i.e. they can see correct coloring of the image.
@ashwin007 could we have a list of claimed known issues in the first post?

Last edited:

severoraz

Mar 6, 2015
Update to my issue list (for build from --08-04)
Obsoletes: post #2739
Changes shown in green.
    [*]in WhatsApp: microphone audio very low in audio recordings.
  • in WhatsApp video calls: the green and purple issue seems to be intermittent, I have experienced a few calls without it happening. (This has actually stopped happening for some reason.)
  • HDR probably not working (it can be enabled after changing to selfie cam and back, but it doesn't seem the image is really HDR)
  • in loudspeaker conversations in general: echo in calls problem appeared (i.e. other participant can listen to themselves).
  • display brightness sometimes changes by itself, even when adaptive display brightness setting is off.
  • phone reaches high temperatures (over 40 °C at 25 °C amb. temp.) while charging.
  • phone reaches high temperatures (over 40 °C at 25 °C amb. temp.) during video calls.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

KNOWN ISSUES
    - Report with logs

!!! BUG REPORTS WITHOUT LOGS WILL BE IGNORED !!!
    Android: adb logcat
    Radio: adb logcat -b radio
    Kernel: adb shell dmesg
    Full Bugreport: Developer Menu -> Bugreport

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS

- Make sure your phone is running Marshmallow bootloader
    - Download the LineageOS zip(s). (see Downloads)
    - Copy the LineageOS zip to internal sdcard.
    - Unlock bootloader and install TWRP.
    - Boot into TWRP.
    - Perform a backup of your current ROM. (Optional)
    - IMPORTANT: Do a Factory Reset. (Wipe data & cache)
    - Flash LineageOS.
    - Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package. (see Downloads)
    - Reboot

DOWNLOADS

LineageOS:
    https://download.lineageos.org/onyx

Old Downloads :
    https://github.com/ashwinr64/LineageOSUpdater-API/releases/

Google Apps:
    OpenGApps (recommended: arm, 7.1.1, nano)

SOURCECODE
    Device tree: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_oneplus_onyx
    Kernel: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_oneplus_onyx

HOW TO CONTRIBUTE
    Use our code review system to send patches: https://review.lineageos.org

HOW TO BUILD
    - repo init -u ssh://[email protected]/LineageOS/android.git -b cm-14.1
    - add local manifest to .repo/local_manifests/
    - repo sync -j4
    - . build/envsetup.sh
    - brunch onyx

Local manifest:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
        <manifest>
            <project name="LineageOS/android_device_qcom_common" path="device/qcom/common" remote="github" />
            <project name="LineageOS/android_device_oneplus_onyx" path="device/oneplus/onyx" remote="github" />
            <project name="LineageOS/android_kernel_oneplus_onyx" path="kernel/oneplus/onyx" remote="github" />
        </manifest>

SUPPORT ME

Do you like my work? Consider donating me some beer!

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the OnePlus X

Contributors
    ashwin007
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2017-01-13
    Last Updated 2017-01-27
    Not sure how to reach him otherwise than tagging him here... I've sent him a PP donation as well... We'll see... Until then I've setup my own build machine and do my own UNOFFICIAL builds.

Hello guys
    Sorry for my long absence, been busy with other stuff.The issue with encryption has been addressed and onyx has been added back to build roster!.So you'll get builds from the next cycle.Thanks for the donation @KleinMorschi :D

Cheers
    Reserved

Changelog:
    17/1:
    -Synced with Lineage.
    -Sneak peak of our new bootanimation ;P
    -Fixed the string derp in Settings dashboard.
    -Added support for automatic updates.
    NOTE: I'll look into the incall audio very soon. Users need to flash superSU separately in order to have SU , we are planning on an addon SU release
    10/1:
    -Rolled back to old RIL stack , no more network instabilities
    -Enabled SDcardfs
    -WiFi hotspot fixed.
    -No need to flash 3rd party kernels ( sorry for the delay guys,no network here,STILL :/ )
    New Build :D
    Changelog:
    17/1:
    -Synced with Lineage.
    -Sneak peak of our new bootanimation ;P
    -Fixed the string derp in Settings dashboard.
    -Added support for automatic updates.

NOTE: I'll look into the incall audio very soon. Users need to flash superSU separately in order to have SU , we are planning on an addon SU release.On popular demand , i'll ship su by default .

Link : In OP
    Ah guys , sorry that I couldn't pull of some time for merging the fixes (merged it now however). As I said I'm having my public exams going on and it is really important for me to concentrate on it (atleast now :p) .I hope you guys understand . However if there are 'build breaking' changes , I will try my best to resolve it :)