• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][OP2][Official]ResurrectionRemix v6.2.1[8.1.0_r18]

Search This thread

magnamentis

Jul 30, 2013
Al-Ándalus
magnamentis.com
Extremely flawed rom unfortunately.
Android system webview stopped working when opening apps requiring it such as tabtrader

Happens even with a clean stock installation. Anyone tried compiling a new version of it?

Enviado desde mi ONE A2003 mediante Tapatalk

it's something on your side, no such issue here and not hear much of it from others, hence don't blame the rom, when setup correctly it works flawlessly and if i works flawlessly for most users it cannot have the bugs you mention.

further if you prefer to believe it's rom-side i recommend to switch roms and if all the roms have similar issues that again hints to your setup.

i'm using this rom from day one and have absolutely nothing to complain, at least i don't remember anything significant and certainly nothing of the kind you mentioned. did you try to switch webview to chrome ?

BTW if at all it's a webview issue and not a rom issue, again !!!

as it sounds some bored users are simply pissed of that there is nothing new to flash but that's not the goal in the first place.

albertocastillo2001

Jul 20, 2012
it's something on your side, no such issue here and not hear much of it from others, hence don't blame the rom, when setup correctly it works flawlessly and if i works flawlessly for most users it cannot have the bugs you mention.

further if you prefer to believe it's rom-side i recommend to switch roms and if all the roms have similar issues that again hints to your setup.

i'm using this rom from day one and have absolutely nothing to complain, at least i don't remember anything significant and certainly nothing of the kind you mentioned. did you try to switch webview to chrome ?

BTW if at all it's a webview issue and not a rom issue, again !!!

as it sounds some bored users are simply pissed of that there is nothing new to flash but that's not the goal in the first place.

Hi

I think you are taking this too personally. Every software has bugs. The reason nobody mentions anything is simply because many users are not using it anymore and have moved to other ROMs. I don't mind about the lack of updates if the ROM is stable. I am not new at flashing roms, debugging or building them, although I currently have no time for that.
My setup? Just a clean fresh ROM with gapps. No more as I decided to try what you suggested. But the issues come from the beginning. My phone is fine, other ROMs seemed to work fine such as Lineage, althought I really love this one.
WebView comes inside it, it's the "browser" on the Android apps. And yes of course I had Chrome on developer webiew options (not anymore as it's a clean setup right now, but have it on my previous nandroid backup). Many apps use webview to display web based content and that's where it fails.
And the camera app? Who knows, maybe the "shoot" button is not designed to be held, but the app comes with the ROM and crashes if the shoot button is held. Clean or dirty
Again, I don't really know what's wrong with your answers but you really need to calm down. Don't worry, I am not mad at "new things to flash". Just want to find a balanced stable new ROM.

The bugs, however, don't seem to make the system unusable of course, but they are annoyances that need to be fixed. Maybe a new build would fix that, or maybe not. But your answer to the previous forum member was way off. All software evolves and there's no perfect software. Period.
Let's focus on the ROM, has anyone built a new unnoficial build by any chance?

Thanks

Last edited:

MaaaanBeeeen

Oct 9, 2016
Cologne
i dont know if im stupid or anything, but i cant find any night light switch or a setting to activate the use of less blue light for the evening. i looked up the hole settings app, but i cant find it. is there such a feature in this build?

magnamentis

Jul 30, 2013
Al-Ándalus
magnamentis.com
Photo app - menu - white balance

if that's the correct answer i just learned something or understood wrong ?

i understood that he's asking for display tweaks in form of night mode, sorry if i got that wrong but if not, that's not manageable from the camera app

there is a setting that takes care of display colors under: settings > display > livedisplay

Last edited:

JohnJacobT

May 16, 2018
How to unroot or hide root?

Hi,

I have installed the "RR-O-v6.0.0-20180530-oneplus2-Official" and it works just fine for me, much better than a couple of other ROMs I tried, in a attempt to get a better experience (features) outside of stock ROM.

Here is something which I need help with: I access my microsoft work account on the OP2 using Microsoft Intune and Outlook. When I installed Intune and tried logging in, it gave me a message that the device is rooted and hence cannot connect. Can you help 'unrooting' or hiding root from Intune so that I could use work account on the device as I could have done with stock ROM or Lineage OS.

Best Regards!

Retr035

Sep 18, 2017
Hi,

I have installed the "RR-O-v6.0.0-20180530-oneplus2-Official" and it works just fine for me, much better than a couple of other ROMs I tried, in a attempt to get a better experience (features) outside of stock ROM.

Here is something which I need help with: I access my microsoft work account on the OP2 using Microsoft Intune and Outlook. When I installed Intune and tried logging in, it gave me a message that the device is rooted and hence cannot connect. Can you help 'unrooting' or hiding root from Intune so that I could use work account on the device as I could have done with stock ROM or Lineage OS.

Best Regards!

Install magisk... There is a option in the menu that says "Magisk Hide" and in that menu you can choose the apps for which you want to hide your root

JohnJacobT

May 16, 2018
Install magisk... There is a option in the menu that says "Magisk Hide" and in that menu you can choose the apps for which you want to hide your root

Installed Magisk, selected the application in Magisk Hide option. But that didn't help.
Then tried selecting all items listed in Magisk hide. That made the phone go into an endless restart loop right after booting up to the lock screen :crying:

JohnJacobT

May 16, 2018

Shreesha.Murthy

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Mar 1, 2014
Hey all,

I know I couldn't give as many builds as, say LineageOS but I felt RR didn't need that much of updates to begin with. That said, here is the final oreo build for RR. I know it's kinda late for an oreo ROM to get updated but while I'll be away playing with new toy (poco). This build should be fine till the P branch starts getting the features.

Enjoy :)
Peace

Alert slider

Has anyone found an app that works with this ROM to modify the alert slider behaviour? I've tried a few different ones but can't find one that works to give me a vibrate only option.

TIA

I've just realise this ROM was updated yesterday, I'll update to the latest version, does anyone know if it has custom alert slider built in?

Last edited:

hariharanM25

Jan 27, 2014
ASUS ROG Phone II
Has anyone found an app that works with this ROM to modify the alert slider behaviour? I've tried a few different ones but can't find one that works to give me a vibrate only option.

TIA

I've just realise this ROM was updated yesterday, I'll update to the latest version, does anyone know if it has custom alert slider built in?

It has a default alert slider actions.

Attachments

• Screenshot_Advanced_settings_20181007-152846.png
    Screenshot_Advanced_settings_20181007-152846.png
    95.8 KB · Views: 249

JohnJacobT

May 16, 2018
Thank you for the update. I like this ROM for several reasons and wish I could use this on my OP2. But, Microsoft Intune (Company Portal) recognising the device as a rooted device when installed on this ROM and blocking access to work account is a deal killer for me.

I have to revert to official Lineage OS to use my Work account, though I like Resurrection Remix better :(

hariharanM25

Jan 27, 2014
ASUS ROG Phone II
Thank you for the update. I like this ROM for several reasons and wish I could use this on my OP2. But, Microsoft Intune (Company Portal) recognising the device as a rooted device when installed on this ROM and blocking access to work account is a deal killer for me.

I have to revert to official Lineage OS to use my Work account, though I like Resurrection Remix better :(

I think it's working

Attachments

• Screenshot_Company_Portal_20181007-153236.png
    Screenshot_Company_Portal_20181007-153236.png
    116.6 KB · Views: 304

JohnJacobT

May 16, 2018
I think it's working

Launching InTune works. It is after adding an account that it checks for compliancy to security requirements. That is when it says device is not compliant.

I got same problem before with Barclays mobile app, it was fix by tick magisk hide for app and install this busybox 1.29.0 (install it from twrp)

link: https://github.com/yashdsaraf/bb-bo...201807132149/Busybox-1.29.0-YDS-UNIVERSAL.zip

It's help for me.

I am trying installation of busybox as jasio2k suggested. Will post screenshot after I find out what happens.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    56593d8991.png

Resurrection Remix Oreo

Installation Files
    ROM

Official Open GApps 8.1

Resurrection Remix Github Source

Big thanks to:

XDA developers
    LineageOS team
    Dirty Unicorns
    Omni team
    AND OF COURSE TO ALL THE SUPPORTERS, DONATORS AND USERS

Code:
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
    A lot.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Resurrection Remix, ROM for the OnePlus 2

Contributors
    Shreesha.Murthy
    Source Code: https://github.com/ResurrectionRemix

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-02-09
    Last Updated 2018-10-06
    Changelogs

Build dated 20180209 :
    - Initial build

Build dated 20180217 :
    - Updated radio and ims blobs
    - Enabled back CNE and DPM features
    - Fixed VoLTE
    - Working SIM manual provisioning (SIM disable switch)
    - Added required vzw jars needed for VZW US carrier
    - Fixed DT2W
    - Enabled gestures
    - Enabled promixity on wake overlay
    - Updated netmgrd binary from kenzo
    - Lockscreen Charging info
    - Added adaptive icons for all system apps
    - Fixed menu action for hw keys rebinding
    - Add toggle for face auto unlock
    - fixed bunch of typos
    - Minor bug fixes and translation updates

Build dated 20180317 :
    - Fixed FP behaving like home button in some places
    - Updated core_ctl
    - March security patch
    - Added System wide black theme
    - Fixed BT audio stream and pairing
    - Fixed video recording frame freezing after 30 second mark
    - New Lineage power HAL
    - Set dalvik properties dynamically based off total ram
    - Minor bug fixes
    NOTE: Refer to RR's changelog in OP for feature additions

Build dated 20180418 :
    - SELinux Enforcing
    - Updated and cleaned camera HAL
    - Shipped Snap camera
    - Improved Lineage Power HAL
    (Note: DO NOT flash any custom kernel until they're updated for this specific version. If you do, you're on your own. Don't complain about buggy camera)

Build dated 20180530:
    - Fixed camera not recording videos
    - Fixed camera Daemon late start issue
    - May security patch
    - Added wireguard VPN support
    - Add ability to restrict app data/wifi usage
    - Fixed netmgrd permissions

Build dated 20181006:
    - Fixed network data toggle randomly derping out
    - Lots of bug fixes related to device stability
    - **** ton of selinux denials are addressed
    - Final Oreo build
    RR builds for OnePlus 2​
    Use latest TWRP
    Make sure you have latest firmware installed

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.
    Hey all,

New monthly RR build is up. Fixes few bugs related to camera and is on selinux enforcing. Do read note in changelog post

Enjoy
    Peace out!
    @Shreesha.Murthy hi chief! Kind of a "personal" question: which of the op2 roms you are currently maintaining is your personal favorite? I'm not asking which one is better or which one has more functionalities or whatever, thats for users to decide, but more like: which one is your "baby" you give a tad more love to and not just an another "project"? Sorry for the off topic, im just curious.

I treat all my projects equally and all 4 receive same amount of attention from me. Every project has a reason why I picked up

LineageOS : Wanted to bring up Oreo as soon as possible for OP2 and went with LOS as they were one of the first guys to have compile-ready sauce.

AOSiP : My home ROM and lead dev is one of the coolest guy I ever went on the internet. So, wanted to see how it comes up for OP2

Pixel-Experience : One of the cleaner ROMs out there with very minimal stuff and which sticks to its name and design language. Liked the concept.

Resurrection Remix : Started messing on OP2 with RR and I saw the quality of it getting decreased when I noticed some random guys who took up responsibility and didn't do the job correctly. Wanted to revive that former glory of RR :) :victory: