[ROM][OP2] Sailfish OS 3.0.3.9 - 07.06.2019

Will you use SailfishOS on your OnePlus 2?

• YES

Votes: 115 67.6%
  • NO

Votes: 14 8.2%
  • MULTIROM

Votes: 41 24.1%

• Total voters
Search This thread

tekktonic

Nov 18, 2017
Video Playback Is Working

I got video playback working with a little bit of messing around. The problem is gstreamer1.0-droid. Remove it. Then remove gstreamer1.0-libav. Grab the version of gstreamer1.0-libav off of openrepos from ruedigergad, this is a version built with hardware decoding and h264 support and install it (you may need to do rpm manually because there's a jolla version of the package that zypper and pkcon seem to prefer). Video should work absolutely fine afterwards. If it has no video and complains that it's not a supported codec, double check that you installed the openrepos version and not the jolla one, because even using storeman it installed the jolla one sometimes. That leaves the only problem that matters to me gone :) I might poke at the camera issue a little bit too.

Reactions: eldos777

tekktonic

Nov 18, 2017
Headphones working now too...

Hey, I've got headphone detection all set now. Still no luck with the camera though. There's a pointer in the hadk faq that I want to follow when I have some time, that may be doable.

Do people actually use bluetooth? I may look into it if only for my own convenience (much easier to hack if I can hook up a bluetooth keyboard) but if nobody else is interested I have no problem ignoring it.

I'm pretty satisfied with the port at the moment, despite the fact that there's no store: is there anything in the store that's not available period in openrepos? I don't have access to a device which has access to it, but if there's good stuff in there I could understand working towards it. The only bugs which are affecting me, as far as I know:

Web browser segfaults: definitely something to look into. Isn't the browser based on some weird architecture where it's a lipstick frontend to an invisible gecko? That could be a huge pain to debug, but I can poke my head in regardless. Other browsers *do* exist, but I don't like any of them. WebPirate is the best of the group, but it doesn't do navigation (back/forward) as far as I can tell, which is a killer.

Camera doesn't work: Like I said above, there are some pointers in the hadk FAQ I want to try.

Things I've fixed on my phone:

Video playback: Instructions above, easy fix. I don't know if using a hardware-decoding-supporting gstreamer-libav rather than gstreamer-droid is grounds for keeping you from being a "real" port, but I don't imagine so. Maybe my thinking is wrong here but it feels like wherever possible a port shouldn't rely on the underlying android.

Headphone Detection: Literally a 4 line config file from the hadk faq, attached.

/etc/ohm/plugins.d/accessories.ini:
Code:
eci-probe-delay = 2500
disable-incompatible-quirk = true
jack-match = msm8994-tomtom-mtp-snd-card Headset Jack
jack-device = /dev/input/event8

No applications for Discord and Slack: application problem. There are libpurple plugins for both of these so I may be able to do something to add them to profiles. Failing that maybe a webview based application...

Last edited:
Reactions: Mbariah

Prathamesh Kapure

Jul 23, 2015
Pune
Hey, I've got headphone detection all set now. Still no luck with the camera though. There's a pointer in the hadk faq that I want to follow when I have some time, that may be doable.

Do people actually use bluetooth? I may look into it if only for my own convenience (much easier to hack if I can hook up a bluetooth keyboard) but if nobody else is interested I have no problem ignoring it.

I'm pretty satisfied with the port at the moment, despite the fact that there's no store: is there anything in the store that's not available period in openrepos? I don't have access to a device which has access to it, but if there's good stuff in there I could understand working towards it. The only bugs which are affecting me, as far as I know:

Web browser segfaults: definitely something to look into. Isn't the browser based on some weird architecture where it's a lipstick frontend to an invisible gecko? That could be a huge pain to debug, but I can poke my head in regardless. Other browsers *do* exist, but I don't like any of them. WebPirate is the best of the group, but it doesn't do navigation (back/forward) as far as I can tell, which is a killer.

Camera doesn't work: Like I said above, there are some pointers in the hadk FAQ I want to try.

Things I've fixed on my phone:

Video playback: Instructions above, easy fix. I don't know if using a hardware-decoding-supporting gstreamer-libav rather than gstreamer-droid is grounds for keeping you from being a "real" port, but I don't imagine so. Maybe my thinking is wrong here but it feels like wherever possible a port shouldn't rely on the underlying android.

Headphone Detection: Literally a 4 line config file from the hadk faq, attached.

/etc/ohm/plugins.d/accessories.ini:
Code:
eci-probe-delay = 2500
disable-incompatible-quirk = true
jack-match = msm8994-tomtom-mtp-snd-card Headset Jack
jack-device = /dev/input/event8

No applications for Discord and Slack: application problem. There are libpurple plugins for both of these so I may be able to do something to add them to profiles. Failing that maybe a webview based application...

Congratulations bro! Happy to see devs working on this port.. Thanks for making video and audio playback working on SFOS but i had a "noob" doubt.. :rolleyes: If i wanna play some vids and music how can i mount my Internal storage in SFOS? :confused: I just tried the guide available for OPO and i ended up in infinite Bootloop.. :( So can you plz help me and Again a big Congratulations and thank you for your support.. :)

tekktonic

Nov 18, 2017
Congratulations bro! Happy to see devs working on this port.. Thanks for making video and audio playback working on SFOS but i had a "noob" doubt.. :rolleyes: If i wanna play some vids and music how can i mount my Internal storage in SFOS? :confused: I just tried the guide available for OPO and i ended up in infinite Bootloop.. :( So can you plz help me and Again a big Congratulations and thank you for your support.. :)

Weird, I didn't get an email notification despite having the thread watched..

You don't need to mount your internal storage, your normal android storage lives somewhere, I think in /data? I just did a reflash so I'll run into it sooner or later and update the post then.

EDIT: /data/media/0/ . You need to be root to read the filesystem to get there, but you can run a chmod command to allow the nemo user to read it.

Last edited:

tekktonic

Nov 18, 2017

An important thing to note when you're using your storage, by the way: don't keep any data you care about in your sailfish data. Reflashing the sailfish rom wipes out /home/nemo. Also, since it's not mentioned in the top posts: multirom works, I have sailfish set as my primary rom. However, do NOT do a wipe, it'll render sailfish unbootable until you reflash.

Prathamesh Kapure

Jul 23, 2015
Pune
An important thing to note when you're using your storage, by the way: don't keep any data you care about in your sailfish data. Reflashing the sailfish rom wipes out /home/nemo. Also, since it's not mentioned in the top posts: multirom works, I have sailfish set as my primary rom. However, do NOT do a wipe, it'll render sailfish unbootable until you reflash.

Tysm bro for your help...:good: :)

Prathamesh Kapure

Jul 23, 2015
Pune

Hi Buddy, Need your help.. You on Telegram/or Insta? :confused:

TheJullus

Dec 8, 2014
Vihti

In WebPirate back/forward is hidden in "the web adress bar". You should slide the bar to left to go back and right to go fiorward. Still not the easiest way but hopefully it helps :)

Thank you for your work. I'll try to test your suggestions soon. Hopefully I understand how to do it because I'm such a noob.

nyl

Apr 2, 2010
Targu Jiu
nyl.ro
Have fun :)
Flash - CM-13: Use this version - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...W1lYVktOUkzMFU
Flash - Latest SFOS zip: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1br-yp1eQ5Xy94MkchbJaCMEbVCbe-Off

61981864_2538474032853226_5716243339422990336_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mecca EL and chxei

nyl

Apr 2, 2010
Targu Jiu
nyl.ro
It might be out very soon :) hope i have time to work on the stuff at hand: cameras configuration, textures lib (browser and gallery not working properly) and proximity sensor. I currently use it as daily driver. (Also with Android Support, but you won't see that in my releases, pay jolla the license fee for alien dalvik and don't pirate). As for bluetooth does anyone use it? It will get tricky that one. The ROM is stable and no lag even if it says pre beta :) might add some preinstalled apps :)

Edit: Prebeta 3 Stable is out - i mean it rly stable :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jultWxj9sI

Last edited:

dj icony

Jan 28, 2015
Great job so far! Thanks for your effort.
I'll be trying it out the next days and let you know about bugs I encounter.

Not working:
Orientation switching (tried in calc)

SkyeNymph

Sep 8, 2015
It might be out very soon :) hope i have time to work on the stuff at hand: cameras configuration, textures lib (browser and gallery not working properly) and proximity sensor. I currently use it as daily driver. (Also with Android Support, but you won't see that in my releases, pay jolla the license fee for alien dalvik and don't pirate). As for bluetooth does anyone use it? It will get tricky that one. The ROM is stable and no lag even if it says pre beta :) might add some preinstalled apps :)

Edit: Prebeta 3 Stable is out - i mean it rly stable :D

I tried it, but I coutdn't find anywhere that explained how to get alien dalvik nor could I find any apps whatsoever in the Jolla store aside from the basically pre-installed apps (despite about an hour of googling, all I could find was forums where people said I need it, but never how to install it). I also noticed none of my existing pictures or files showed up in documents or gallery. I'm assuming for the pictures and files I'm just going to have to move them all to my computer and then transfer them back afterwards, but I need the app support. Is there a resource explaining how to get alien dalvik?

Oh also, is there any chance that I could ever hope to be able to use the hardware buttons?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone