• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [Oreo] [8.1] [D85x/LS990/VS985][UNOFFICIAL] AOSCP 5.1

Search This thread

duc5150

Apr 7, 2011
I can enter into recovery. It appears to be the stock recovery. It shows all the standard options that a stock recovery would show. It definitely is not TWRP.

You only need mr bump with supersu.

You still have not explained the exact steps you took to flash. I still do not get how you would have lost recovery.

Sent from my LG-ls990 using XDA Labs

You can't reboot to recovery or no recovery at all?
Can you boot to recovery by holding power and volume down buttons together?

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

Can you manually boot to recovery? Hold power and volume down buttons together

duc5150

Apr 7, 2011
Thanks for your help. I'll give it a try later. Hopefully if I'm successful and able to get this rom installed again correctly, I'll report back. I'm pretty sure it has to do with not having mr bump. Just not sure why not having mr bump before it didn't affect anything.

Thanks again

[QUOTE=seanskiT!;75174618]Best bet is to go back and start from the beginning like you said you were gonna do.[/QUOTE]

seanskiT!

Feb 27, 2013
Winston-Salem, NC
Thanks for your help. I'll give it a try later. Hopefully if I'm successful and able to get this rom installed again correctly, I'll report back. I'm pretty sure it has to do with not having mr bump. Just not sure why not having mr bump before it didn't affect anything.

Thanks again

Best bet is to go back and start from the beginning like you said you were gonna do.

Your recovery has nothing to do with mr bump. Mr. Bump is only for using supersu for root access in the ROM. Magisk doesn't need it as it bumps itself.

alliance1975

Jan 2, 2014
Alliance College

Thanks again

[QUOTE=seanskiT!;75174618]Best bet is to go back and start from the beginning like you said you were gonna do.
[/QUOTE]

No doubt you've already tried this, but just in case. I frequently find myself unable to launch TWRP Recovery on my D851, (bad install, corrupt file). I can access it by pressing Vol-Down and Power. When logo appears I release and press both again. I hit yes and yes and I am back at TWRP.

edit, just saw seanskiT comment recommending the above. Sorry.

Last edited:

duc5150

Apr 7, 2011
Your recovery has nothing to do with mr bump. Mr. Bump is only for using supersu for root access in the ROM. Magisk doesn't need it as it bumps itself.

Thank you for the information. Something definitely went wrong on this flash, I'm sure my end, I lost all root access. So, I assume the only thing I can do at this point is to unroot then try it all again from scratch.

No doubt you've already tried this, but just in case. I frequently find myself unable to launch TWRP Recovery on my D851, (bad install, corrupt file). I can access it by pressing Vol-Down and Power. When logo appears I release and press both again. I hit yes and yes and I am back at TWRP.

edit, just saw seanskiT comment recommending the above. Sorry.

Yes I did, no luck with that, I have lost all root access. Cannot install any rootable app and make it work. Thanks for the pointer though.

Tengakallan

Jun 19, 2014
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
With Moun kernel (WiFi and airplane mode)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180113-101932.png
    Screenshot_20180113-101932.png
    149.3 KB · Views: 339

alliance1975

Jan 2, 2014
Alliance College
Yes I did, no luck with that, I have lost all root access. Cannot install any rootable app and make it work. Thanks for the pointer though.

I once installed a corrupt TWRP and as a result could not go to recovery. Lineage installation instructions included using dd to copy TWRP to the proper location. If you have a copy of a working twrp, possibly older, copy it to the desired location. See: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/d851/install

I copied a previous uncorrupt twrp I had a working recovery again.

duc5150

Apr 7, 2011
I once installed a corrupt TWRP and as a result could not go to recovery. Lineage installation instructions included using dd to copy TWRP to the proper location. If you have a copy of a working twrp, possibly older, copy it to the desired location. See: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/d851/install

I copied a previous uncorrupt twrp I had a working recovery again.

Thank you for the info. I'll check it out later tonight. Don't think it will work though, I completely lost root after I flashed the ROM. No su access it anything. I've tried both adb and Android emulator to push TWRP. I can get it on, but shows no root access.

alliance1975

Jan 2, 2014
Alliance College
Mr. O' Leary,
I very much like the display - night light function. However, for some reason it will not automatically change at sunrise/sunset, I must change manually. I'm sure I'm missing something.

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

Thank you for the info. I'll check it out later tonight. Don't think it will work though, I completely lost root after I flashed the ROM. No su access it anything. I've tried both adb and Android emulator to push TWRP. I can get it on, but shows no root access.

Unfortunately, I believe you are right. The DD command would require su rights.

wassco

Jul 4, 2012
Mr. O' Leary,
I very much like the display - night light function. However, for some reason it will not automatically change at sunrise/sunset, I must change manually. I'm sure I'm missing something.

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

Unfortunately, I believe you are right. The DD command would require su rights.
Longer way..

- Lgup + stock image,
- Kingo root,
- rashr/flashify twrp.

Flash your ROM, then gaaps. Then magisk.

Very easier ways.. This one works 100% tho. Lol

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Reactions: duc5150

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    vJ6nkW5NNAmZqRv7IvAV9SjGMv981U2HbnqW45fXaqPrmkGZ2vJ-E4Fj22piKxhpaMtkZ-bLn-m6P_Xusc5whRvfE59Dqi_ip-xpV0b4bhvwO644Pu67CYmFoYsWR3A0YWENOsKYGSAmCcasZTL78hqAA3iB5FQe-znwHyxQ9P2DIm1mGXhouzJrO6qiIt0SLKT-_438zkLx0ya6ZPjmPDNrQC8SrnKJUpzn_3D4-ZrDCJyltR_aFKVBKzO-7TxZzgMyUSML-rozmRVnBPTdflZQ7rDpKyqQD_JnN7lzFeW48gRvE2VYsb4SmT5EbW5Ggs0eU7XzwDo7aL99SyG4De1GjS1tGi327AZ3lMtsxLgapdcsvb1orySIuW2H_ToojtbYS8NjX2gy83Q-h102fFo-1HKr4-R_DdDMJNgX5vdASXJFKPIK_y6l8bXEOmKRw4pT4gT1iYWl0QncMVhcsDD5y3g-g5s--GLP_AhxBtGdbF_y7KyQlmwZkG_GiUQgyO-zPu6Z_Xxl_usF0454WMPlTkTeBke3qp5gwmPlYPxvKe03LuG8SWyPHAPp9VLLaGQSb0c1igpQp2W1ku_Lhkh_SLQVGi5nSBq5I4sI=w936-h464-no

This is Cypher. An extension to pure Android. Cypher tries maintain the purity of Android while offering useful features for users. The goal is to give the highest level of performance whilst achieving Simplicity.​

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

Get your builds and changelog from our website
    get.cypheros.co

Note: Builds are updated as soon as possible. There is no build cycle. Information pertaining to your device is displayed Accordingly. The current build is the latest for your device. If your device is scheduled to release on a certain day, but the new build isn't displaying, contact your device maintainer for more information but wait at least 72 h. Please know builds are updated by 12am EST.

Become apart of our G+ community - JOIN

Features:

- Status bar Customization
    • - Changeable icons
    • - Quick pulldown
    - Quick Settings
    • - Brightness slider
    • - Brightness icon
    - System
    • - Screenshot partial and full
    • - Extended power menu
    • - Buttons customization
    • - Ambient Display gestures
    • - ColorOM [Experimental]

Credits
    LineageOS
    AICP
    PureNexus
    AOKP
    Dirty Unicorns
    Paranoid Android
    and more..

Credits:
    @Capt_Rosh
    @Stayn

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    GPS
    Radio
    Camera (picture and recorder)
    Bluetooth
    Lights
    VoLTE

What doesn't work
    YOU TELL ME

LINKS
    Latest Build
    Gapps

XDA:DevDB Information
    [AOSCP][LG G3 D85*/LS990/VS985][8.1.0][UNOFFICIAL][2018/01/03], ROM for the LG G3

Source Code: https://github.com/CypherOS/
    Kernel: https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g3/development/kernel-artx-kernels-lineage-aosp-rom-s-t3694096

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: BETA
    Beta Release Date: 2017-12-01

Created 2017-12-28
    Last Updated 2017-12-28
    Hi guys.
    Sorry for the lack of updates.
    All us G3 maintainers have been struggling with two major issues, broken sensors and video recording that doesn't work.
    We're working on it, well some of my fellow maintainers, as I don't have the time, but for the moment it's slow progress.
    I'm not going to disappear, but updates will start flowing as soon as these issues are fixed.
    No idea when though :(
    D85x builds uploaded.
    LS990 and VS885 are on the way :)
    whenever updating, please also add support for f400 devices.

Thanks.
    OK, I will add it also.
    Maintaining the G3 is such a pain. 7 variants to build each time :(
    Appreciate the work, using the VS985 and have tried to install your rom multiple times using various methods, wipes, gapps, kernels, etc.. I can not get the rom to recognize the sim card, skipped to see if there may be a way under settings. Constant random force closes, tried to get log but was unable to get far enough to.. Use to run this as daily driver years ago and would love to shoot some new life into this long lived phone! Again thanks for all your work and hoping that at don't point I'll see this on my phone..
    I was having build issues at the time so I think the VS985 might not be good. Had to wipe my entire build folder and start again, and been having lots of problems trying to get AOSCP building again.
    No idea of an ETA, but I can reassure you I ain't giving up :)