• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OREO][ALPHA] Unofficial LineageOS-15.0 for D855

Search This thread

mountaser halak

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
Aleppo
Xiaomi Mi A1
Xiaomi Mi 10

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (GApps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

NOTICE
For LineageOS 15 it's required that stock Android 5.0 or later was running on your device!

DOWNLOADS
LineageOS:
Alfa: https://mega.nz/#!24pg2LCS!GSTuJyzAanFDcOa7cCtwroFMx31sgmmrz1TXxaeVLts

There's some things that don't work like:

- WiFi
- Bluetooth
- GPS
- Mobile data
- Mobile hotspot
- Many other bugs...

Google apps:
OpenGapps: http://opengapps.org/ (Platform: ARM, Android: 8, Variant: nano)
HEADS UP: Be sure you flash the GApps package with your ROM. If you boot your ROM, then go back and try to flash GApps after the fact, you're gonna have a bad time.

TWRP Recovery:
Link: TWRP for LG G3 Europe

Modem:
Link: RADIO_D855_21C (Thank Step-han for the flashable zip!)

HOW TO INSTALL
Link: How to Install LineageOS on the LG G3 (International) ("d855")

HOW TO BUILD
Link: How To Build LineageOS For LG G3 (International) ("d855")

SOURCES

The LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 15 for the LG G3 (d855), ROM for the LG G3

Source Code: http://github.com/LineageOS

Unofficial LineageOS-15.0 for D855, ROM for the LG G3

Contributors
mountaser halak
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2017-10-15
Last Updated 2017-10-15

HardStyl3r

Aug 12, 2015
Poland, Łódź
Nokia X
LG G3
oh thanks! I am compiling my LineageOS right now:)
keep it up!

//edit
I flashed it on my own phone and it felt a little heart-attack on the beginning of the boot. After the LG logo disappeared it showed black screen. I really didn't know what does it mean but it get to the bootanimation quickly. It got stuck in resetloop(?) - it kept resetting until it died. I kept on powering it up until it finally boots but it only showed System UI has crashed and died one more time. I thought it may be an issue related to GApps so I tried to boot it up without them. This ended up with failure as well. Any time I try to launch the system, it just crashes. Not to mention that I couldn't flash it without removing the first line in the updater-script just to flash it.
Completely disappointed, I thought this could be a revolution to G3. Keep it up, but don't release not working ROMs.
(Removing SIM card and SDCard didn't help obviously)

Last edited:

joselap

Oct 20, 2014
I recognize the work of a dev to bring a new rom, in this case the first rom oreo for D855, but I do not know to what extent it makes sense to "publish" a rom with so many limitations (really what works is minimal).
Okay, it warns of what does not work, but, if WiFi does not work, Bluetooth, GPS, mobile data ... what is there to try? ...
I insist, my respect for the work done, but ...

Reactions: spoonymoon

mountaser halak

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
Aleppo
Xiaomi Mi A1
Xiaomi Mi 10
oh thanks! I am compiling my LineageOS right now:)
keep it up!

//edit
I flashed it on my own phone and it felt a little heart-attack on the beginning of the boot. After the LG logo disappeared it showed black screen. I really didn't know what does it mean but it get to the bootanimation quickly. It got stuck in resetloop(?) - it kept resetting until it died. I kept on powering it up until it finally boots but it only showed System UI has crashed and died one more time. I thought it may be an issue related to GApps so I tried to boot it up without them. This ended up with failure as well. Any time I try to launch the system, it just crashes. Not to mention that I couldn't flash it without removing the first line in the updater-script just to flash it.
Completely disappointed, I thought this could be a revolution to G3. Keep it up, but don't release not working ROMs.
(Removing SIM card and SDCard didn't help obviously)

u have no idea how i build this xDDD
i was in harry and i neede to go fast so i uploaded it as soon as it finishes building i didn't even test it
then i saw your build so i though there is no point of fixing mine atm xDD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (GApps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

NOTICE
    For LineageOS 15 it's required that stock Android 5.0 or later was running on your device!

DOWNLOADS
    LineageOS:
    Alfa: https://mega.nz/#!24pg2LCS!GSTuJyzAanFDcOa7cCtwroFMx31sgmmrz1TXxaeVLts

There's some things that don't work like:

- WiFi
    - Bluetooth
    - GPS
    - Mobile data
    - Mobile hotspot
    - Many other bugs...

Google apps:
    OpenGapps: http://opengapps.org/ (Platform: ARM, Android: 8, Variant: nano)
    HEADS UP: Be sure you flash the GApps package with your ROM. If you boot your ROM, then go back and try to flash GApps after the fact, you're gonna have a bad time.

TWRP Recovery:
    Link: TWRP for LG G3 Europe

Modem:
    Link: RADIO_D855_21C (Thank Step-han for the flashable zip!)

HOW TO INSTALL
    Link: How to Install LineageOS on the LG G3 (International) ("d855")

HOW TO BUILD
    Link: How To Build LineageOS For LG G3 (International) ("d855")

SOURCES

The LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 15 for the LG G3 (d855), ROM for the LG G3

Source Code: http://github.com/LineageOS

Unofficial LineageOS-15.0 for D855, ROM for the LG G3

Contributors
    mountaser halak
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2017-10-15
    Last Updated 2017-10-15
    I recognize the work of a dev to bring a new rom, in this case the first rom oreo for D855, but I do not know to what extent it makes sense to "publish" a rom with so many limitations (really what works is minimal).
    Okay, it warns of what does not work, but, if WiFi does not work, Bluetooth, GPS, mobile data ... what is there to try? ...
    I insist, my respect for the work done, but ...
    Please close this..