• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][OREO][NEXUS 6P] crDroid Android 4.7.2 [FINAL][21 DEC]

Search This thread

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
Pretty old, have had it since the M8 got released in 2014.

Might be worth a shot to get a new one, I've heard of some pretty strange issues that have been caused by sims, and with this issue being ril related it might be worth trying. Since you're with Verizon, they don't charge for sims, you could either have them mail one to you, or if you swing by a brick and morter they can give you one.

GohanBurner

May 8, 2011
Waukesha, WI
Might be worth a shot to get a new one, I've heard of some pretty strange issues that have been caused by sims, and with this issue being ril related it might be worth trying. Since you're with Verizon, they don't charge for sims, you could either have them mail one to you, or if you swing by a brick and morter they can give you one.

I'll give it a shot, I'm going to give it one more go through tomorrow and see if I can do it.

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
I'll give it a shot, I'm going to give it one more go through tomorrow and see if I can do it.

The whole aquarios bit doesn't make any sense, going back to stock fixing it makes more sense, but that's about all I can think of to try aside from wiping your apns and trying to add them manually.

And if you go to Verizon and they try to charge you, tell them they're full of it. I've heard of some stores trying to charge like $5 or $10 for them, and AFAIK Verizon is the only carrier that typically DOES NOT charge for them.

So if the store gives you flack, call support and they can mail one in a few days.

GohanBurner

May 8, 2011
Waukesha, WI
Figured it out.

Flashed April 2018 factory image
Booted to verify VoLTE was working (it was)
Booted to bootloader, flashed TWRP, booted into TWRP
Flashed AquariOS 4-7-2018 build, newest gapps, booted
Verified VoLTE was still working (it was) VoLTE icon shows on status bar as well
Dirty flashed cRdroid 4.7.2 (final build) on top of this one, gapps, magisk, elemental X kernel, and vendor (opm7.181205.001) and VoLTE is working now.

Bobbaloo

Jul 7, 2016
New York
The whole aquarios bit doesn't make any sense, going back to stock fixing it makes more sense, but that's about all I can think of to try aside from wiping your apns and trying to add them manually.

And if you go to Verizon and they try to charge you, tell them they're full of it. I've heard of some stores trying to charge like $5 or $10 for them, and AFAIK Verizon is the only carrier that typically DOES NOT charge for them.

So if the store gives you flack, call support and they can mail one in a few days.
Wow, i finally find a positive thing about Sprint. They've never charged me for a Sim.

Reactions: Sheetzie03

sage of six paths

Oct 15, 2014
Zenica
Clean Flashed the rom. Excellent work. The best battery life I've had on oreo and probably in general as well. Use it with exkernel, 6 core, elementalx gouvernor and the the heimdal v5 cpu profile.
I'm temped to try the crdroid pie but i'll probaby wait for a little while.

2LoT

Aug 21, 2012
Toronto
Clean Flashed the rom. Excellent work. The best battery life I've had on oreo and probably in general as well. Use it with exkernel, 6 core, elementalx gouvernor and the the heimdal v5 cpu profile.
I'm temped to try the crdroid pie but i'll probaby wait for a little while.
Sorry can you please elaborate a bit? After flashing the ROM, what are the steps I should do to obtain the same settings/config than your phone? Thanks

sage of six paths

Oct 15, 2014
Zenica
Sorry can you please elaborate a bit? After flashing the ROM, what are the steps I should do to obtain the same settings/config than your phone? Thanks

Then you flash the exkernel, i do it from the exkernel app that i bought form playstore ( you can from download it and flash trough twrp i belive ). The phone must be rooted before that. After you install the exkernel you open the manager app and select the cpu. Select cpu governor to elemntalx and the below select the cpu profile (governor options, load ) to be either hawktail, darkspice or heimdal v5. Wingoku seems to be good as well but it doesnt come preloaded, havent tried it myself. Also set the phone to six core and select the round icon to apply those setting on boot.

Then I also disable the adaptive brightnes, nfc, printing service, location, google asistant, and also disable apps working in background. Pretty much everything because i dont need it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2LoT

videotape74

Apr 4, 2011
Toronto
Then you flash the exkernel, i do it from the exkernel app that i bought form playstore ( you can from download it and flash trough twrp i belive ). The phone must be rooted before that. After you install the exkernel you open the manager app and select the cpu. Select cpu governor to elemntalx and the below select the cpu profile (governor options, load ) to be either hawktail, darkspice or heimdal v5. Wingoku seems to be good as well but it doesnt come preloaded, havent tried it myself. Also set the phone to six core and select the round icon to apply those setting on boot.

Then I also disable the adaptive brightnes, nfc, printing service, location, google asistant, and also disable apps working in background. Pretty much everything because i dont need it.

how do i set the phone to six core in ExManager? please and thank you!

Last edited:

sage of six paths

Oct 15, 2014
Zenica
how do i set the phone to six core in ExManager? please and thank you!

Just select the cpu option and scroll down. You will see two options giving you a six core variant and so you can chose the amount of large and small cores you wish to use.
Right now i'm running this same rom but i'm not using the six core mode. Instead i installed the xposed and amplify, and doze for google play services form magisk manager.
Also running the excalibur v2 cpu profile with interactive guvernor.

With this setup i get around 4h of sot, i was running stock and using a more agressive doze and had 5 hours of sot. Now did i lose an hour of sot
just because of the doze i'm not sure.

mikimay

Sep 1, 2013
Just flashed this ROM, for some reason I have no audio anywhere.

when I play music via crDroid music player, AudioFX crashes/stops .
While in Poweramp toast pop up says "Audio Engine Failed to Load"

Also my AudioFX is broken, when I launch it there's no option(EQ) to choose from nothing to turn on or off. Just a black screen that says AudioFX above.

Can anybody help?

EDIT: I tried reflashing rom Still no audio.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2FnUBKZfMRYCotfvNioAnDwWlUuak%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252FBE3pE0l.png

Welcome to the goodness of Oreo. This topic will be dedicated to our bring up of Oreo for Nexus 6P.

While the feature list will be constantly updated, remember the ROM is in beta stage and would expect logs if you want to report issue.

Feature Highlights:
    Click Here

Nexus 6P Specific Feature Highlights:
    • Sigma Kernel - Upstreamed stable kernel
    • OTA support
    • Arm-v8a optimizations

Pre-installation Notes:
    • Forced encryption is present
    • Requires latest Oreo 8.1 firmware to boot
    • Latest official TWRP works fine

Installation Steps:
    1. Backup your existing apps and data
    2. Boot to recovery
    3. Wipe System
    4. Wipe Userdata, if coming from another ROM
    5. Flash ROM and ARM64 Gapps
    6. Native root can be enabled under Dev Options in Settings. You can optionally flash Magisk for alternate root.
    7. Reboot and profit

Download Links:

Loving this? Support us by donating. :good:
    Join us on Telegram for crDroid on Nexus 6P. :fingers-crossed:

Cheers! :cool:

XDA:DevDB Information
    crDroid Android, ROM for the Huawei Nexus 6P

Contributors
    neobuddy89
    Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2017-12-22
    Last Updated 2018-12-21
    Final Update

Here's final update for crDroid Oreo. It contains latest December security merges, fixes and improvements.

Download:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/cr...droid-8.1-20181220-angler-v4.7.2.zip/download

Firmware:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410963190603865732

Cheers! See you on PIE soon?!
    New build is up! v4.2 with new goodies :)

Short changelog:

• New revamped launcher based on Rootless Pixel Launcher
    • Introduce native font customization (crDroid settings > UI)
    • Added support to display battery info on Ambient screen (crDroid Settings > UI)
    • Added toggle to disable FP wake and unlock
    • Moved all Ambient Settings and Gesture Settings under crDroid for ease access
    • Many other fixes and improvements all over system
    • angler: Update kernel with fixes from mainstream
    Download:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=962187416754478170

Happy flashing!!
    Update!!

READ before you download. This build requires clean flash especially if you are coming from Beta 13 else you won't able to unlock the screen. Beta 13 upgraded encryption API making difficult for many devices to decrypt on TWRP. So, we switched back to older API. So, backup apps before you flash. Also, following LOS this requires OPM3 firmware to be flashed at least once.

Now, we are out of beta and have switched to nightly builds. Nightly builds are stable and ready for daily use.

Changelog:

• Clock customizations
    • Battery customizations
    • Ambient display customizations using sensors
    • Suspend actions
    • Performance improvements
    • Improved dark theme
    • Improved UI
    • Improved OTA support

Download:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=818070582850494670

Latest Gapps (arm64):
    https://goo.gl/Fg1nJq

OPM3 firmware (extract and flash):
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qg_aAINboMA0nDOEzQbhlPUPNA-VFHKK

Cheers! Happy flashing :)
    Update!!

Thanks for the reviews. We will do better.

Here's a new update. We moving to 4.1 weekly builds with new features and improvements.

Short changelog:

• Added google assist, voice, search tiles.
    • Added dark notifications support
    • Added toggle to switch black amoled dark style
    • Added ticker animation customization
    • Fixed intermittent theming issues
    • Platform compiled with optimized snapdragon clang
    • Added screen off animations customizations (crdroid settings > user interface)
    • Added screen record tile
    • Enhanced call block support (from Android P)
    • Fixed intermittent conflict issue between expanded desktop and keyguard
    • Improved slim recents
    • Removed fancy colon from lock screen to let themes works properly

Download:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=962187416754472316

Cheers and happy weekend to everyone!