I need somebody to upload a copy of 15.1, as it's no longer available on any mirror sites. I keep on running into apps that worked before I upgraded to Q that no longer work at all, so I need to go back.
NOTE#1: Make sure you have the correct vendor, radio, & bootloader img's installed in BOTH slots before installing lineage. They can be extracted from the oreo 8.1 OPM4.171019.021.P1 July 2018 factory image or use the ones in the download section above that I already extracted for you. You can flash them using the following commands:
fastboot flash --slot all vendor VendorFileName.img
fastboot flash --slot all radio RadioFileName.img
fastboot flash --slot all bootloader BootloaderFileName.img
NOTE#2: The official mindthegapps build that's linked in the wiki are very minimal (like opengapps pico), so i made my own mindthegapps build that is pretty much the same as opengapps nano. download link
NOTE#3: If you're a Project Fi or Sprint customer, you need some extra gapps, so use this one instead. download link
NOTE#4: If you want to update from my unofficial 15.1 build to official without wiping, you can follow the "How to dirty flash an official weekly over an unofficial build" steps here.
1. boot into twrp and wipe data and system
2. flash rom zip
3. flash twrp zip
4. in twrp main menu, select reboot then recovery (this will reboot you into the other slot)
5. flash gapps zip (optional)
6. flash su addon zip for root (optional)
Reboot & enjoy.
If you've already done the initial install, then you can use the LineageOS Updater to install new builds. It's in settings->system->about phone->lineageos updates.
It will give you a notification when a new build is available.
New build with January security patches. :good:
That also means a new vendor img is needed from the January security update released by google 2 days ago. OPM1.171019.012
The bootloader img is also new, so you should also flash it. The radio is the same as what was in last month's security update from google, so no need to flash it.
You can extract them from the OPM1.171019.012 factory img on google's site, or use the one's here that I already extracted: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=239134
If coming for another rom, follow steps in the first post.
If you're updating from my previous build:
1. Reboot to recovery.
Note: When you do that you will be in the slot in twrp that has your current lineageOS installed. When you flash a custom rom on the marlin, it goes to the other slot from which you're currently in, so you want to reboot into the other slot because you want to get into the habit of always doing the rom install while in the same slot. That way you don't get mixed up flashing things to wrong slot or booting into wrong slot. So, go to 'Reboot' then look at the "Current Slot" and select the slot button for the other slot. Then select the "Back" button and look at the "Current Slot" to confirm you're in the other slot. Now, we need to go into bootloader mode to flash the new bootloader img, so select "Bootloader".
2. Flash the new bootloader img.
Note: make sure you use the '--slot all' option so that you flash both bootloader slots. Like this:
fastboot flash --slot all bootloader bootloader-marlin-8996-012001-1711091153.img
3. Using the volume buttons select 'restart bootloader'. Or do the 'fastboot reboot-bootloader' command.
4. Flash the new vendor img.
Note: make sure you use the '--slot all' option so that you flash both vendor slots. Like this:
fastboot flash --slot all vendor vendor-opm1.171019.012.img
5. Using the volume buttons select 'recovery mode'.
6. Now you can flash the new rom lineage-15.1-20180105-UNOFFICIAL-marlin.zip
7. When that's finished, flash the twrp 3.2.0-0 zip.
8. Then go to 'Reboot' and select 'Recovery'. This will reboot you into the other slot, where the new rom was installed.
9. Since you flashed a new vendor img earlier, you will once again have that /vendor/overlay folder that you have to delete. So, mount the vendor partition and open the file manager and delete the /vendor/overlay folder.
10. Flash the new updated gapps zip open_gapps-marlin-8.1-nano-20180105.zip
11. When that's finished, flash the latest stable magisk zip (currently v15.2).
12. You're done. Select 'reboot system'
Major changes since last release:
january security patches
added advanced restart (the power menu setting still crashes, but advanced restart is working. you can enable in dev options.)
added long press back to kill app
fixed battery charging led notification
enabled unlimited storage in google photos on full res pics
fixed some (all?) sprint, verizon, and project fi issues
LiveDisplay is now implemented and working properly