[ROM][OREO-PIE][H81x] ResurrectionRemix 6.2.1/7.0.2 [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

Vultix93

Nov 19, 2015
In the Arnova 7.9.9 you will not find 60fps in main settings, you will find it when you want record a video ^^ go in video mode and on the top you will find 30 .. just tap and you can change it in 60 (only when you record at 1080p)

G4 is not able to record at 4k 60fps
Thank you very much for the explanation and sorry for asking so many questions XD

Gigio755

Jul 9, 2013
www.consolelab.org
Amazing work, without the double tap to wake, the device is less energivorous i really like this RR 6.2.1!

are there benefits to shut down 2 big cores? i used to turn them off with kernel audiutor, opinions?

iestynapmwg

Dec 12, 2014
Redmi K20 Pro
Tried this out yesterday into today, and i think i'll be switching back to 6.0... I miss the d2w option, and really didn't notice it draw too much battery. In fact, i lost MORE battery overnight than i have in quite some time!

Bigger issue: My MAC address changes every time i reboot! Is there any way to prevent this? If not, i will have to downgrade before testing completely. This problem makes MAC address filtering on my wifi useless. Please, if anyone knows why this is happening, or how to turn it off (or whoever thought this was a good idea), do let me know.

ThePiGuy

Nov 5, 2017
Tried this out yesterday into today, and i think i'll be switching back to 6.0... I miss the d2w option, and really didn't notice it draw too much battery. In fact, i lost MORE battery overnight than i have in quite some time!

Bigger issue: My MAC address changes every time i reboot! Is there any way to prevent this? If not, i will have to downgrade before testing completely. This problem makes MAC address filtering on my wifi useless. Please, if anyone knows why this is happening, or how to turn it off (or whoever thought this was a good idea), do let me know.
Are you encrypted?

Gigio755

Jul 9, 2013
www.consolelab.org

I don't know what are you talking about, at every reboot my mac address is stil the same :confused:

Without the d2w you should save a lots of battery, kessaras explain why in the cypheros thread (to me in the last pages)

Try maybe with a new clean install, erasing all the internal storage :confused:

Last edited:

the_naxhoo

Jul 7, 2014
Graneros

what is your variant?

Probably your real mac address can't be read from the MISC partition and instead a new one is regenerated every time you reboot... that's how it works and it's much better than have a empty mac and can't connect to any WiFi network. :rolleyes:

iestynapmwg

Dec 12, 2014
Redmi K20 Pro
what is your variant?

Probably your real mac address can't be read from the MISC partition and instead a new one is regenerated every time you reboot... that's how it works and it's much better than have a empty mac and can't connect to any WiFi network. :rolleyes:

Mine's an H815... It seems to have survived one more reboot without changing the address, though.

I did find the following: in
Code:
/system/etc/init.d/0000FixMAC
it reads
Code:
/system/etc/wifi/bcmdhd.cal
and extracts a MAC address from there, then sets that in
Code:
/data/misc/wifi/config
. The
Code:
bcmdhd.cal
file, as downloaded, contains the PREVIOUS bad MAC address. Not the current one, which is still in the
Code:
config
file, and has survived a reboot.

My guess: on first boot of the new ROM, it executed that init.d script, and set a bad MAC address. On the following boot it set it back (maybe? the first 6 digits are the same and haven't changed this whole time). Under what conditions is the script run? And is it wise for everyone (who's using this version of the ROM, anyway) to have the same default MAC address if it does run?

the_naxhoo

Jul 7, 2014
Graneros
Mine's an H815... It seems to have survived one more reboot without changing the address, though.

I did find the following: in
Code:
/system/etc/init.d/0000FixMAC
it reads
Code:
/system/etc/wifi/bcmdhd.cal
and extracts a MAC address from there, then sets that in
Code:
/data/misc/wifi/config
. The
Code:
bcmdhd.cal
file, as downloaded, contains the PREVIOUS bad MAC address. Not the current one, which is still in the
Code:
config
file, and has survived a reboot.

My guess: on first boot of the new ROM, it executed that init.d script, and set a bad MAC address. On the following boot it set it back (maybe? the first 6 digits are the same and haven't changed this whole time). Under what conditions is the script run? And is it wise for everyone (who's using this version of the ROM, anyway) to have the same default MAC address if it does run?

oh lol that's the problem I guess... :p sorry, that was a temp "fix" for me that I tried, to get a mac address using init.d support. I uploaded a wrong H815 zip.
But you can delete that script and check your mac after reboot. About the ROM; I'll fix it ASAP. - Done.

Last edited:

szech

Jan 3, 2015
Adaptive brightness not working?

Possible bug? I can manually change the screen brightness, but the adaptive/auto brightness just seems to set the screen around 30% and then the brightness is not reacting to different lighting conditions. Pretty sure this was working in the other build.
I dirty flashed from resi remix 6.0.0 in the other thread so maybe that is related?

ps: thanks to all who are creating and maintaining builds for us. :)

the_naxhoo

Jul 7, 2014
Graneros
Possible bug? I can manually change the screen brightness, but the adaptive/auto brightness just seems to set the screen around 30% and then the brightness is not reacting to different lighting conditions. Pretty sure this was working in the other build.
I dirty flashed from resi remix 6.0.0 in the other thread so maybe that is related?

ps: thanks to all who are creating and maintaining builds for us. :)

For me it's working perfectly, the brightness change depending on the amount of light in the room (in my case).
Well, in your case; Consider flash again but following the
recommended way -> wipe system, (advance) data, dalvik & cache. Then try once again and tell me if works now for you.

Gigio755

Jul 9, 2013
www.consolelab.org
I would like to report that the Googlecam MGC_6.1.013_B-S-G-based_v.0.2_fix_TlnNeun (HERE) works perfectly with this rom, photo (even with no hdr, hdr+ and hdr+ advanced) and video (with 60fps support), night mode will crash :good:

And

If you miss double tap 2 wake, i would like to report that we can use this Magisk Module "Device Gestures" HERE, search it in Magisk Download app

the "Proximity wake - Wake device on hand wave directly to lock screen" works like a charm!

Last edited:

szech

Jan 3, 2015
Clean flash failed to fix problems

Consider flash again but following the
recommended way -> wipe system, (advance) data, dalvik & cache. Then try once again and tell me if works now for you.

i tried clean flash but sorry to report it didn't fix the problems i discovered, namely
- auto-brightness didn't work
- auto-rotation didn't work

I've decided to revert back to RR 6.0.0 and wait for some future builds, and maybe i will have better luck.

thanks again :good:

the_naxhoo

Jul 7, 2014
Graneros
i tried clean flash but sorry to report it didn't fix the problems i discovered, namely

I've decided to revert back to RR 6.0.0 and wait for some future builds, and maybe i will have better luck.

hm well, without logcat or at least your device model, I/we can't do anything. :rolleyes: anyway, it's weird... because, I'm using this ROM, a friend have tested on the H811 and there's no bug (without considering the already known ones).

kinuris

Apr 1, 2015

I reported same thing some posts before. I fixed it by doing a clean flash (wiping system, data and caches).

Reactions: the_naxhoo

iestynapmwg

Dec 12, 2014
Redmi K20 Pro
Do you till have this battery sucking problem?

I finally had an overnight (unplugged) with acceptable battery drain just last night. I think it was a matter of preventing the start-at-boot of all the system apps that get installed with a fresh flash, and tweaking Greenify again. It is actually better than 6.0.0 now. I still miss D2W, though...

ETA: Oh! And a big battery suck: Under suspend actions, "switch to 2G" was causing problems. Apparently i wasn't getting any signal with 2G (i caught a flicker of the no-bars icon when i unlocked my phone). Turning that off seems to have made a huge difference.

Last edited:

choice2rejoice

Feb 22, 2009
The Hague
I finally had an overnight (unplugged) with acceptable battery drain just last night. I think it was a matter of preventing the start-at-boot of all the system apps that get installed with a fresh flash, and tweaking Greenify again. It is actually better than 6.0.0 now. I still miss D2W, though...

ETA: Oh! And a big battery suck: Under suspend actions, "switch to 2G" was causing problems. Apparently i wasn't getting any signal with 2G (i caught a flicker of the no-bars icon when i unlocked my phone). Turning that off seems to have made a huge difference.

That's great!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    rr_logo_200x200.png

[*] Disclaimer
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

[*] Installation Guide
    *Install the latest TWRP* powered to you by @steadfasterX

-> Make a nandroid backup (Recommended!)

1. Download the latest build
    2. Download Gapps
    3. [Recommended] Advance wipe -> /data
    4. Flash ROM
    5. Flash Gapps
    6. [Optional] Flash Magisk or SuperSU.
    7. Reboot
    8. Enjoy!

[*] Download

[*] Known Issues
    Check the current issues at the github tracker (feel free to help, provide logs etc!)

[*] Update Guide
    1. Download the latest build of RR ROM
    2. Take a nandroid backup [Recommended]
    3. Flash ROM throw TWRP
    4. Reboot
    5. Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Resurrection Remix v6.2.1/v7.0.2 Oreo/Pie for the LG G4

Contributors
    *LineageOS & Resurrection Team
    *Suicide team: kessaras, steadfasterX, ThePiGuy

ROM Source Code: https://github.com/ResurrectionRemix
    Device Tree Source Code: https://github.com/suicide-squirrel

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo/ 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 20x or higher firmware
    Based On: Resurrection Remix (LineageOS Based)

Version Information
    Created: 31-10-2018
    Last Updated: 06-09-2019

Hey friend, long time no see. Thanks for your contribution to the g4 community.

Consider to build for the UsU models as well (h810,h812,h815-UsU,vs986...) as it's easy when you just take our device trees.. ;)

Sent from my LG-H815 using XDA Labs
    Meaning? (not to be a ****, just out curiosity)
    More recent versions of system files or something?

I'm gonna try this out and report back. I'd like to know if you've changed anything or what's been updated. The post is a little bland and blank with no info about this rom at all

Well. This build includes all massive work made by kessaras to date, so some stuff was fixed (e.g. IR Blaster works now) and a lot of improvements (e.g. RIL and battery consumption). You can check all that in his github:

-> TITAN Kernel
    -> G4-Common
    -> Vendor

and obviously includes also all changes made by RR team and a recent security patch -> Changelog . Personally I only added a fix for those (inclosing me) who have problems with the WiFi MAC where just get zeros.
    I would like to report that the Googlecam MGC_6.1.013_B-S-G-based_v.0.2_fix_TlnNeun (HERE) works perfectly with this rom, photo (even with no hdr, hdr+ and hdr+ advanced) and video (with 60fps support), night mode will crash :good:

And

If you miss double tap 2 wake, i would like to report that we can use this Magisk Module "Device Gestures" HERE, search it in Magisk Download app

the "Proximity wake - Wake device on hand wave directly to lock screen" works like a charm!
    I'm back at AtomicOS, the only security, here d2w does not work, what with that ...
    d2w is disabled in any recent ROMs using Titan kernel because it was a buggy workaround for the fact that the original LG implementation doesn't work with custom ROMs.

This meant it drained the battery like mad, so it has been disabled to enable massive battery improvements
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone