• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OREO] Pixel Experience [AOSP][Android 8.1-9.x]

Search This thread

Verevka

Apr 9, 2013
Ryazan
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fi3OR5Mx.jpg

Welcome to the goodness of Oreo-Pie. This topic will be dedicated to our bring up of Oreo-Pie for Xiaomi Mi6.

While the feature list will be constantly updated, remember the ROM is in beta stage and would expect logs if you want to report issue.

An AOSP based ROM, with gapps included, and all Pixel stuffs (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation).

Xiaomi Mi6 Specific Feature Highlights:
Miui/Google camera
Screenshot_20190311-233012.png

OTA UPDATE

Installation Steps:
Backup your existing apps and data
Boot to recovery
Wipe System
Wipe Userdata, if coming from another ROM
Flash firmware
Flash ROM
Flash Magisk for root (if you need)
Reboot

If after updating GoogleCamera photographs with a pink color, clear the data / cache in the settings of GoogleCamera applications.

Download Links:

Support us by donating.

XDA DevDB Information
PixelExperience ROM for the Xiaomi Mi6

Contributors
Verevka, ShevT
Source Code: https://github.com/PixelExperience

ROM OS Version: 8.1-9.0
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4.x

Version Information

Created 2018-02-03
Last Updated 2019-05-07

Last edited:

littleantony

Apr 7, 2015
Xiaomi Mi 11
When magisk is flashed with the rom it fails to boot, without magisk it works fine. however on twrp my pin number does not work for decryption of storage. so i cannot flash magisk.

edit, I have sideloaded magisk but the twrp decryption issue remains.

Last edited:

Verevka

Apr 9, 2013
Ryazan
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
When magisk is flashed with the rom it fails to boot, without magisk it works fine. however on twrp my pin number does not work for decryption of storage. so i cannot flash magisk

Disable password lock in Rom
until there is an updated version of twrp where the encryption works (which is updated by Google)

badday0401

Mar 29, 2011
Redmi Note 10 Pro
When magisk is flashed with the rom it fails to boot, without magisk it works fine. however on twrp my pin number does not work for decryption of storage. so i cannot flash magisk.

edit, I have sideloaded magisk but the twrp decryption issue remains.

I've got the same issues.Any suggestions??:confused:
p/s:eek:nly removing PIN code to access TWRP.

Last edited:

wojtoo

Jul 29, 2016
PL
I know that after few hours it's to early to jugde but overal, I haven't come across any FC or other bugs.
It works smooth and nice. no hangs or freeze.
The only thing is QC which is not works form me. after reboot, it starts for few second (as on photo) than change to max 1500 mAh
once again thanks verevka for your hard work

Attachments

• Screenshot_Ampere_20180211-182041.jpg
    Screenshot_Ampere_20180211-182041.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 12,450
  • Screenshot_Ampere_20180211-182116.png
    Screenshot_Ampere_20180211-182116.png
    188.3 KB · Views: 11,881

Carlosmff

Apr 25, 2007
I know that after few hours it's to early to jugde but overal, I haven't come across any FC or other bugs.
It works smooth and nice. no hangs or freeze.
The only thing is QC which is not works form me. after reboot, it starts for few second (as on photo) than change to max 1500 mAh
once again thanks verevka for your hard work
Working fine here...

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: nzfone

wildger

Jan 3, 2011
There is an unofficial TWRP for 8.1 that supports encryption.
I wonder if the major bug from the last release were fixed, High battery Drain, Camara issues and whatsapp issues.

Dobsgw

Dec 16, 2015
There is an unofficial TWRP for 8.1 that supports encryption.
I wonder if the major bug from the last release were fixed, High battery Drain, Camara issues and whatsapp issues.

I think there is a new "new" encryption now.

So was probably from the February security patches. Seems to require google code to be added to the TWRP sources and then built for Mi 6.
I'm thinking TheStrix might build official twrp soon or someone will fond a way to get an unofficial one working.
Work around for now is removing the password so there's no pin to decrypt in TWRP. (Can just enable and disable for recovery usage)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fi3OR5Mx.jpg

Welcome to the goodness of Oreo-Pie. This topic will be dedicated to our bring up of Oreo-Pie for Xiaomi Mi6.

While the feature list will be constantly updated, remember the ROM is in beta stage and would expect logs if you want to report issue.

An AOSP based ROM, with gapps included, and all Pixel stuffs (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation).

Xiaomi Mi6 Specific Feature Highlights:
    Miui/Google camera
    Screenshot_20190311-233012.png

OTA UPDATE

Installation Steps:
    Backup your existing apps and data
    Boot to recovery
    Wipe System
    Wipe Userdata, if coming from another ROM
    Flash firmware
    Flash ROM
    Flash Magisk for root (if you need)
    Reboot

If after updating GoogleCamera photographs with a pink color, clear the data / cache in the settings of GoogleCamera applications.

Download Links:

Support us by donating.

XDA DevDB Information
    PixelExperience ROM for the Xiaomi Mi6

Contributors
    Verevka, ShevT
    Source Code: https://github.com/PixelExperience

ROM OS Version: 8.1-9.0
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4.x

Version Information

Created 2018-02-03
    Last Updated 2019-05-07
    A solution for notification toggles being out of their borders on default screen size:
    Go to developer options, under the "Drawing" section, set "Smallest width" to 372. The bigger this number, the smaller screen elements get, default size is 360 and 372 is closest number to default that fixes the toggles size issue.
    PixelExperience returned :) In the near future will be available on the official website
    PixelExperience 9.0 Update!!!

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1322778262903983514

Fbe enabled, add GoogleCameraMod