• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OREO] Pixel Experience [AOSP][Android 8.1-9.x]

Search This thread

Tommytommy1234

Oct 3, 2015
Are there big differences between AOSP and CAF in term of stability, battery and performance? I know CAF should be more optimised but want to hear some user-experience. Thanks!

sailog

Dec 4, 2016
Lucky you, Im having reboots all the time with CAF ROM, very stressing, so I'm gonna change ROM unless you have any suggestion for me to do

I don't have any problems. Maybe you didn't clean your previous ROM properly. Maybe your previous firmware is too old.

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

@Verevka
Is it necessary to install firmware before installing caf edition? Thanks.

If you don't have any problem, no need. If you have, try the recommended/tested firmware from post #1

I'm already on the latest MIUI Global Beta firmware before I flash, and I don't ran into any problem.

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

With the last update the HDR of Google cam doesn't work!

Doesn't work means what? It crash? Pink photos? Be more specific.

Last edited:

Carlosbgx

Dec 25, 2014
Madrid
I don't have any problems. Maybe you didn't clean your previous ROM properly. Maybe your previous firmware is too old.

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

If you don't have any problem, no need. If you have, try the recommended/tested firmware from post #1

I'm already on the latest MIUI Global Beta firmware before I flash, and I don't ran into any problem.

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Doesn't work means what? It crash? Pink photos? Be more specific.

I did a full clean install, did all the wipes and also a factory reset. Which firmware are you using? Im using 10.2.1.0, should i use beta rom firmware? Thx! PS: can I flash that firmware on to of the actual rom or I will have to clean install it all again?

sailog

Dec 4, 2016
I did a full clean install, did all the wipes and also a factory reset. Which firmware are you using? Im using 10.2.1.0, should i use beta rom firmware? Thx! PS: can I flash that firmware on to of the actual rom or I will have to clean install it all again?

No harm in trying the latest beta ROM. I'm not sure of the version I use, but it was the latest one week ago. If you decide to wipe it again, make sure you wipe Vendor too.

For TWRP, I use the latest 3.2.3-2 from official TWRP site.

Carlosbgx

Dec 25, 2014
Madrid
No harm in trying the latest beta ROM. I'm not sure of the version I use, but it was the latest one week ago. If you decide to wipe it again, make sure you wipe Vendor too.

For TWRP, I use the latest 3.2.3-2 from official TWRP site.

I've tried and nothing so far, the same reboots (using now last weeks update firmware). Thx 4 advice tho ;) Ill try the vendor wipe in soon

cyanogen1363

Oct 9, 2016
Xiaomi Mi 6

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190326-105436.png
    Screenshot_20190326-105436.png
    204.2 KB · Views: 755
  • Screenshot_20190326-105504.jpg
    Screenshot_20190326-105504.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 755

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fi3OR5Mx.jpg

Welcome to the goodness of Oreo-Pie. This topic will be dedicated to our bring up of Oreo-Pie for Xiaomi Mi6.

While the feature list will be constantly updated, remember the ROM is in beta stage and would expect logs if you want to report issue.

An AOSP based ROM, with gapps included, and all Pixel stuffs (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation).

Xiaomi Mi6 Specific Feature Highlights:
    Miui/Google camera
    Screenshot_20190311-233012.png

OTA UPDATE

Installation Steps:
    Backup your existing apps and data
    Boot to recovery
    Wipe System
    Wipe Userdata, if coming from another ROM
    Flash firmware
    Flash ROM
    Flash Magisk for root (if you need)
    Reboot

If after updating GoogleCamera photographs with a pink color, clear the data / cache in the settings of GoogleCamera applications.

Download Links:

Support us by donating.

XDA DevDB Information
    PixelExperience ROM for the Xiaomi Mi6

Contributors
    Verevka, ShevT
    Source Code: https://github.com/PixelExperience

ROM OS Version: 8.1-9.0
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4.x

Version Information

Created 2018-02-03
    Last Updated 2019-05-07
    A solution for notification toggles being out of their borders on default screen size:
    Go to developer options, under the "Drawing" section, set "Smallest width" to 372. The bigger this number, the smaller screen elements get, default size is 360 and 372 is closest number to default that fixes the toggles size issue.
    PixelExperience returned :) In the near future will be available on the official website
    PixelExperience 9.0 Update!!!

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1322778262903983514

Fbe enabled, add GoogleCameraMod