[ROM][OREO] Pixel Experience [AOSP][Android 8.1-9.x]

Search This thread

Shanrom

Sep 27, 2018
Roll back after Boot loop ?

Looks like i need to roll back to Oreo,

installed the Pie 9.x and its stuck in Boot Loop after 3 weeks. Not sure how to flash it when i cant load Fast Boot or get to have Usb recognise it. Its turning on and off by itself now.. Any help would be appreciated.

Dobsgw

Dec 16, 2015
Looks like i need to roll back to Oreo,

installed the Pie 9.x and its stuck in Boot Loop after 3 weeks. Not sure how to flash it when i cant load Fast Boot or get to have Usb recognise it. Its turning on and off by itself now.. Any help would be appreciated.
Have you tried forcing a reboot to twrp by holding the power and volume up button?

Alternatively do the same with volume down to boot to fastboot mode

Keep trying if you haven't managed already!

Worst worst worst case scenario you can use EDL by opening the phone to force a flash of MIUI

Reactions: Shanrom

Shanrom

Sep 27, 2018
Have you tried forcing a reboot to twrp by holding the power and volume up button?

Worst worst worst case scenario you can use EDL by opening the phone to force a flash of MIUI

Its looking pretty grim...even in a charging state it lights the battery charge icon then black screen and then repeat like an "ON" then "OFF". I have no idea what brought it on. It was working fine for 3 weeks no problems at all. The odd bug or two with the camera function. But other than that??

It loads the fast boot or Recovery Menu for 5 seconds then phone turns off then back on almost like the power button is held on constantly...

https://vimeo.com/292061338

Dobsgw

Dec 16, 2015
Its looking pretty grim...even in a charging state it lights the battery charge icon then black screen and then repeat like an "ON" then "OFF". I have no idea what brought it on. It was working fine for 3 weeks no problems at all. The odd bug or two with the camera function. But other than that??

It loads the fast boot or Recovery Menu for 5 seconds then phone turns off then back on almost like the power button is held on constantly...

https://vimeo.com/292061338

I'm actually wondering if it's a hardware problem like a broken internal component?
No possibility that you or someone dropped the phone without realising?
Let's not jump to this conclusion immediately though.

Get the official mi flash tool from xiaomi
Follow the guide and set up the stock ROM fastboot version and set it up to flash

Hopefully what we can do is use those 5 seconds to catch the phone in fastboot mode and get it to flash the ROM.
Then everything will be clean back to factory settings and of the problem persists we know it wasn't ROM related

If the power button feels sticky at all I recommend cleaning it lightly with some rubbing alcohol. Just a tiny bit to free up any kind of sticky substance in the button crevice

Reactions: Shanrom

Shanrom

Sep 27, 2018

I'm actually wondering if it's a hardware problem like a broken internal component?
No possibility that you or someone dropped the phone without realising?
Let's not jump to this conclusion immediately though.

Get the official mi flash tool from xiaomi
Follow the guide and set up the stock ROM fastboot version and set it up to flash

Hopefully what we can do is use those 5 seconds to catch the phone in fastboot mode and get it to flash the ROM.
Then everything will be clean back to factory settings and of the problem persists we know it wasn't ROM related

If the power button feels sticky at all I recommend cleaning it lightly with some rubbing alcohol. Just a tiny bit to free up any kind of sticky substance in the button crevice

Its completely out of battery now. I tried isopropyl Alcohol and no luck, its still doing the same thing. So i'l try the Mi Flash Tool. I'm still confused on how the tool can work if it isn't recognising USB , because its on the boot screen for a short time... and the TWRP recovery is on as long as the google boot screen.

Its looking more and more like im going to need to do do EDL/Testpoint.. Which is really upsetting. However for those that may see this in the future here is a guide il be using

http://en.miui.com/thread-1679342-1-1.html

Last edited:

junek

Jan 27, 2012
Developer pls add call record feature!

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

Developer pls add call record feature!:angel:

There was a rumor that Google will ban the call record features in Android 9 and onward because of law issues. So I'm not sure if it's even possible to implement such feature in 9.0 and afterwards.

dertli01

Feb 13, 2015
Adana
Is there any way to completely disable hardware button shortcuts like long press home for assistant or long press recents button to clear background? It causes a little lag when using this buttons.

Shanrom

Sep 27, 2018
Its completely out of battery now. I tried isopropyl Alcohol and no luck, its still doing the same thing. So i'l try the Mi Flash Tool. I'm still confused on how the tool can work if it isn't recognising USB , because its on the boot screen for a short time... and the TWRP recovery is on as long as the google boot screen.

Its looking more and more like im going to need to do do EDL/Testpoint.. Which is really upsetting. However for those that may see this in the future here is a guide il be using

http://en.miui.com/thread-1679342-1-1.html

Folks I have an update on the phone,

Turns out the phone had a torn ribbon power cable ( manufacturer fault) which was going to go at any minute anyway. So this was not a software issue but a hardware issue.

Thanks for the help and comments assisting with trouble shooting. :D!!

Reactions: Dobsgw

Lomezno

Jul 13, 2015
Already reported, but microphone is not working on any app (whatsapp, fb messenger, viber,etc). App is wonderfull, batttery lasts forever but this bug is fking me up, please fix it.

Lk4588*

Jan 15, 2018
I am running the official pie build from PE website , but i cannot receive any incoming calls , is there a fix or reason for this?

Reactions: ViktorSh

Lk4588*

Jan 15, 2018
How can i turn it off? There is no such toggle in settings when i switch it of in the *#*#4636#*#* it keep turning back on.....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fi3OR5Mx.jpg

Welcome to the goodness of Oreo-Pie. This topic will be dedicated to our bring up of Oreo-Pie for Xiaomi Mi6.

While the feature list will be constantly updated, remember the ROM is in beta stage and would expect logs if you want to report issue.

An AOSP based ROM, with gapps included, and all Pixel stuffs (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation).

Xiaomi Mi6 Specific Feature Highlights:
    Miui/Google camera
    Screenshot_20190311-233012.png

OTA UPDATE

Installation Steps:
    Backup your existing apps and data
    Boot to recovery
    Wipe System
    Wipe Userdata, if coming from another ROM
    Flash firmware
    Flash ROM
    Flash Magisk for root (if you need)
    Reboot

If after updating GoogleCamera photographs with a pink color, clear the data / cache in the settings of GoogleCamera applications.

Download Links:

Support us by donating.

XDA DevDB Information
    PixelExperience ROM for the Xiaomi Mi6

Contributors
    Verevka, ShevT
    Source Code: https://github.com/PixelExperience

ROM OS Version: 8.1-9.0
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4.x

Version Information

Created 2018-02-03
    Last Updated 2019-05-07
    A solution for notification toggles being out of their borders on default screen size:
    Go to developer options, under the "Drawing" section, set "Smallest width" to 372. The bigger this number, the smaller screen elements get, default size is 360 and 372 is closest number to default that fixes the toggles size issue.
    PixelExperience returned :) In the near future will be available on the official website
    PixelExperience 9.0 Update!!!

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1322778262903983514

Fbe enabled, add GoogleCameraMod