[ROM][OREO][POLARIS][BETA]Resurrection Remix [6.2.1][UNOFFICIAL][microG][OTA]

Search This thread

8224Freak

May 6, 2017
Berlin
My Unoffical Resurrection Remix Oreo
(LuisROM) for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S (polaris)
device.png

Code:
*** Disclamer
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */

This is a unofficial Resurrection Remix Oreo ROM based on Resurrection Remix and LineageOS sources.

This is a ROM that works on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S (polaris) only! This ROM comes with a highly-customized kernel, as well as some other very custom modifications.

I will NOT provide support if you install a custom kernel!

Changelogs: http://luis-builds.de/downloads/lineageos/rr/Xiaomi_Mi_Mix_2S_(polaris)/RR-O-Changelog.mkdn

Introduction

Hello Friends!

I had troubles to find current builds for my devices so I decided to make regular builds for my devices. When my friends told me about similar problems, I extended the builds to include their devices as well. So these builds were and are mainly for my friends and me, but I finally decided to provide them also for public download.

Unofficial Resurrection Remix the ROM (LuisROMs) an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device.

My Buildserver
My buildserver automatically creates a new nightly build every second day from the current sources (RR, LineageOS, AOSP) and my personal repositories, even if nothing has changed in the changelog. The RR Updater informs you about new OTA updates. You can also download my nightlys via the RR OTA Updater.

Notice
Sometimes I get a lot of help or feature requests from users of my LuisROMs. My dog Luis and I try to fulfill most of the wishes, but that is not always possible. I do that as a little hobby and Luis does not always want to build ROMs :). Please understand if I can not always answer directly.

ROM features:
  • Based on the latest Resurrection Remix Oreo / LOS 15.1 sources
  • RR OTA Updater (nightly builds every second day from the sources)
  • Latest security patches and sources
  • Legendary battery life
  • Signature Spoofing (microG Support)
  • Many other misc performance and stability improvements under the hood

Kernel: Linux 4.9.x Kernel with mods other devs and me (thanks for your incredible work!)
  • Removed lots of excessive bloat (improves security and performance)
  • Improved stability (several bugs not listed here have been fixed)
  • Optimized for performance and battery life
  • Boeffla Wakelock blocker driver V1.1.0
  • Many other misc improvements not listed here
  • WireGuard support, a next generation secure VPN tunnel (more info)
  • Compatible with EX Kernel Manager
  • Compatible with FK Kernel Manager

Installation instructions:
Pre-installation:

Optional: Disable force encryption on RR OREO LuisROM for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S

First time installation:
  • Backup your data to PC, OTG flash drive
  • Unlocking your device
  • Flash recovery (TWRP) downloaded from above link and boot to recovery
  • Wipe system, data, cache and format data, then reboot to TWRP
  • Copy ROM base and Gapps, then flash them in TWRP
  • Reboot and enjoy

Update installation:
  • Download latest build (RR-O-v6.X.X-2018XXXX-polaris-Unofficial-LuisROM.zip) with LuisROM RR Updater App (Settings > Configurations menu)
  • Boot to TWRP and make a backup
  • Flash updated ROM base
  • Reboot and enjoy

Download

Changelog

Telegram group:

Thanks To/Credits

Special thanks to Teams:

Thanks to the best devs on earth:

Thanks for the Sources/Blobs/Tweaks

My Sources/Blobs/Tweaks

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][OREO][POLARIS][BETA]Resurrection Remix [6.2.1][UNOFFICIAL][microG][OTA], ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S

Contributors
8224Freak
Source Code: https://github.com/FraEgg

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Latest MIUI 10 Firmware
Based On: LineageOS, Resurrection Remix

Version Information
Beta Release Date: 2018-10-06

Created 2018-10-05
Last Updated 2018-10-29

morpheus620

Mar 8, 2012
Cottbus
Ich habe permanente reboots im standby Modus. Im Flugzeugmodus sind sie weg. Ich vermute es liegt am schlechten Empfang bei uns in der Halle auf Arbeit. Zu Hause ging alles ohne Probleme.

I have permanent reboots in standby mode. In airplane mode they are gone. I suppose it is the bad reception in our hall at work. Everything went smoothly at home

8224Freak

May 6, 2017
Berlin
Ich habe permanente reboots im standby Modus. Im Flugzeugmodus sind sie weg. Ich vermute es liegt am schlechten Empfang bei uns in der Halle auf Arbeit. Zu Hause ging alles ohne Probleme.

I have permanent reboots in standby mode. In airplane mode they are gone. I suppose it is the bad reception in our hall at work. Everything went smoothly at home

Hi, i have testet my ROM with MIUI 10 global firmware without reboots at time. Please check this.

Cu Frank

Ekterm

Nov 9, 2016
It keeps showing Trebuchet has stopped

Yes that is also what mine is doing! Then it crashes and shows the bootloader again, and sometimes it will show android.process.media keeps stopping.
Thats without flashing gapps. If I flash gapps (arm64, 8.1, nano), it will say google framework services has stopped.

PS: The framework services thing also happened on the polaris Mokee rom I tried a while ago, no idea why, i'm not even close to a dev

Edit: It works now, I did the optional encryption-disable-vendor-flash thing and used the powersave kernel from 10/6/18.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone