• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OREO][STOCK] LG V20 [20B][H990DS] Security Patch [01-APR-2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jl10101

Jan 16, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S10+
About
I've created a flashable ROM zip of the latest H990DS KDZ SEA Region. Everything is working correctly on my H990 Single SIM.

ARB

Security Patch
1 April 2019

Download
1. With modem & cust partitions (only if you know what you are doing):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YARnnE4-V1y9Jd1EhTzdizdkd6DaAYz_

2. Without modem & cust partitions (keeps your existing modem, recommended):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gCHxAk3hXjCsA4Qm3djgSmJEb3rSL5WA

Installation process:
1. Upgrading / flashing over another stock Oreo ROM:
• Flash latest TWRP
BACKUP everything
• Wipe (caches)
• Flash ROM
• Flash Magisk
• Flash MK2000 Oreo kernel (Important!)
• Reboot
• Enjoy

2. Clean from scratch install:
• Flash latest TWRP
BACKUP everything
• Backup everything you want to put back, it will be wiped
• Clean wipe (data, system, caches)
• Flash ROM
• Flash Magisk
• Reboot
• Enjoy

Last edited:

sniper9911

Mar 21, 2013
flashing the second rom without modem or cust now on my h990ds , i hope everything goes well

jl10101

Jan 16, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S10+
flashing the second rom without modem or cust now on my h990ds , i hope everything goes well

Just please remember to flash MK2000 kernel after you flash the ROM without rebooting in-between.
I made the mistake of rebooting afterwards and the stock kernel restored the stock recovery and wiped my device.
(This wasn't an issue because I made a full backup of all of my data though)

sniper9911

Mar 21, 2013
updated successfully

Updated the dirty way flashed over my current ROM ... I wiped cache and art cache just in case
Seems legit and so far my device is finishing the data setting , i did make a backup of my firmware files just in case and so far it went smoothly
All i did was downloading the ROM , Twrp , mk2000 h990ds v2.1 And Magisk latest
Flashed Twrp first then recovery rebooted , wiped Dalvick and cache then flashed ROM then flashed mk2000 then magisk and phone booted
Thanks for the update :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-06-04-14-20-50.png
    Screenshot_2019-06-04-14-20-50.png
    192.8 KB · Views: 935
  • Screenshot_2019-06-04-11-27-47.png
    Screenshot_2019-06-04-11-27-47.png
    193.5 KB · Views: 936
Last edited:
Reactions: jl10101

tapir1505

Feb 15, 2019
I have also updated my H990DS successfully by "dirty" upgrade keeping all apps.
I just added H990DS_Hide_Boot_Warning.zip to remove the error message at boot start.

Reactions: jl10101

luuhungit

Jun 7, 2018
I have installed v20b (stock room and rooted room), but this version do not support fingerprint sensor, terrible, it took me more than 2 days for this :mad::crying::crying:

jl10101

Jan 16, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S10+
I have installed v20b (stock room and rooted room), but this version do not support fingerprint sensor, terrible, it took me more than 2 days for this :mad::crying::crying:

You'll need to provide more details than this.
Which variant V20? What ROM did you come from? Did you backup partitions? etc.
Also: to add, this is normally a modem issue and is resolved by restoring / flashing the correct modem

Last edited:
Reactions: luuhungit

luuhungit

Jun 7, 2018
Also: to add, this is normally a modem issue and is resolved by restoring / flashing the correct modem

maybe, thank for idea
i is using h900ds, taiwan version
yesterday, i used LGUP to flash v20b version with refusbish function, but second sim and fingerprint inactive.
maybe refusbish function did not flashed all partition on device
today, i have to flash v10c to use dirtysanta root, then flash all partition of v20b version, but ignore aboot to keep bootloader unlocked, it is using with old data partition very well.

Reactions: sharon1122

mikekote666

Jan 30, 2018
maybe, thank for idea
i is using h900ds, taiwan version
yesterday, i used LGUP to flash v20b version with refusbish function, but second sim and fingerprint inactive.
maybe refusbish function did not flashed all partition on device
today, i have to flash v10c to use dirtysanta root, then flash all partition of v20b version, but ignore aboot to keep bootloader unlocked, it is using with old data partition very well.
Go to 10c root flash 20a partitions through Patched LGUP ignoring aboot aboot.bak and recovery recovery.bak (tarp may be gone but as long as you'll have boatloads unlocked you can flash twrp back)after that just flash only 20b system via LGUP Partitions DL I dunno whats going on with LG KDZs from now on all you should keep the old partitions from 20A and just flash system

gandyprakoso

Oct 22, 2013
Just please remember to flash MK2000 kernel after you flash the ROM without rebooting in-between.
I made the mistake of rebooting afterwards and the stock kernel restored the stock recovery and wiped my device.
(This wasn't an issue because I made a full backup of all of my data though)

unfortunately im using F800L, so it will not work if i flash this rom into my device.
is there any change to tell me how to update the security patch for my device?
thx b4 m8 :D

stingbandel

Nov 23, 2005
can I use this patch for H990DS IDN (Indonesia version) that is still 2.0? It's dual sim version...

thanks

FlashDroid88

Sep 24, 2018
Updated the dirty way flashed over my current ROM ... I wiped cache and art cache just in case
Seems legit and so far my device is finishing the data setting , i did make a backup of my firmware files just in case and so far it went smoothly
Flashed Twrp first then recovery rebooted , wiped Dalvick and cache then flashed ROM then flashed mk2000 then magisk and phone booted

I followed exact steps in OP (wiped caches, flashed 20b ROM, Magisk 19.3, MK2000 v2.2b38 H990DS, rebooted) and thought it worked for me as well until I noticed some built-in system apps were not working. Calendar, Chrome and others had strange names in Apps list (Chrome was called "add to dictionary" and Calendar was something like "on time (%s,..."). I managed to get them working again by stopping them and reinstalling from the apk files in system but wasn't sure I woudn't have other issues, so I wiped system partition and reflashed it although it didn't seem to change anything. When I noticed Bluetooth wouldn't enable I decided to go back to 20a by flashing full ROM (all done through TWRP) but that didn't fix the issue. I had even tried going back to MK2000 2.1 but no change. Finally had to do full restore from TWRP backup to get BT working again. Would like to have latest security patch.
Does anyone have any ideas what went wrong? Could any Magisk modules cause issues? Any help is appreciated.

Salvaparalyzer

May 13, 2017
Hi. H990DS Twn variant. Currently running stock rom 20a (first oreo rom released for 990DS).
I see that you've uploaded another stock rom for 990DS that is 20H. But security patch is from FEB.

But this is a newer thread, so I assume this is the newest release. Could you please just confirm if this is the rom I should flash.

Thanks in advance :)

jl10101

Jan 16, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Hi. H990DS Twn variant. Currently running stock rom 20a (first oreo rom released for 990DS).
I see that you've uploaded another stock rom for 990DS that is 20H. But security patch is from FEB.

But this is a newer thread, so I assume this is the newest release. Could you please just confirm if this is the rom I should flash.

Thanks in advance :)

I'm not sure why 20H is effectively a "newer" ROM going by LG's naming convention.
They used 20B (this ROM) with a newer security patch, and the actual file is newer than 20H.
I would normally assume that 20H should have a newer security patch and be a newer build of Oreo, but it seems not.
This ROM essentially is the latest available. I cannot find any changelogs to verify that 20H has a newer system / android build though. Sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About
    I've created a flashable ROM zip of the latest H990DS KDZ SEA Region. Everything is working correctly on my H990 Single SIM.

ARB

Security Patch
    1 April 2019

Download
    1. With modem & cust partitions (only if you know what you are doing):
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YARnnE4-V1y9Jd1EhTzdizdkd6DaAYz_

2. Without modem & cust partitions (keeps your existing modem, recommended):
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gCHxAk3hXjCsA4Qm3djgSmJEb3rSL5WA

Installation process:
    1. Upgrading / flashing over another stock Oreo ROM:
    • Flash latest TWRP
    BACKUP everything
    • Wipe (caches)
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash Magisk
    • Reboot
    • Enjoy

2. Clean from scratch install:
    • Flash latest TWRP
    BACKUP everything
    • Backup everything you want to put back, it will be wiped
    • Clean wipe (data, system, caches)
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash Magisk
    • Reboot
    • Enjoy
    Works perfect.

I flashed it straight from Lineague 16.1 after wipe, no problems.

(LG H990DS)
    updated successfully

I have also updated my H990DS successfully by "dirty" upgrade keeping all apps.
    I just added H990DS_Hide_Boot_Warning.zip to remove the error message at boot start.