[ROM] [Oreo] Viper OS N7100 Rom [02.06.2020]

ibrahimal63

Jan 19, 2019

Known bugs:
GPS
Some Sensors(Magnetic,Orientation,Rotation Vector)

ROM LİNK https://mega.nz/file/YaZVUSDR#_Der1mWTJOhnBsAo9VqJbARh9iL3YICIKcXyQ_7ZYkw

WiFi fix for murata chips (required if you have murata)https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410963190603897550

back up EFS and MODEM and keep it safe
wipe data ,system and cache
flash rom
flash gapps 8.1 pico arm
and enjoy :)

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM] [OREO] VİPEROS N7100 ROM, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
ibrahimal63, comicox and hgunduz295
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: brain
Based On: lineageos/cyanogenmod/aosp

Version Information

Created 2019-09-24
Last Updated 2020-06-01

Last edited:

ibrahimal63

Jan 19, 2019
if the problem persists try downloading the rom from U google drive link,there is no problem in this rom, and I'm continuing to use it right now,thanks

launcher20

Apr 1, 2015
Sorry, in Stock ROM 4.4.2 ALL is working, i tried all new ROMS, but no ROM is working properly.
I need gps for locus maps, tomtom and geocaching. I should take phone calls :)
I wanted to upgrade to Android 5 or higher because new version of tomtom only works with it.
Ok, i tried... :) btw. thx. for work!

Last edited:

xda-dvlprs

Jan 16, 2017
hi @launcher20 ,
From 06.04.2019 (gps rollover date) STOCK ROM and others custom roms' have GPS problem.
Our phones find satellites, fix our position just fine for few minutes, and then after a minute or two just resets all GPS and loses all satellites at once. All satellites signal bars just disappear at one moment. Then it starts finding satellites again, and this circle goes over again.
I'm a programmer but not android and rom developer. I find a solution in web. I think if we add the following code to location.java file, the solution will be.
But still @transi1 , @makorn645 and @ComicoX , did not add code to our roms..
Solution code part should work for the next 20 years:

long gpsTime = location.getTime();

// Adding 1024 weeks for chips with GPS Week Number Rollover issue
// 1024 * 7 * 24 * 60 * 60 * 1000 = 619315200000L
if ((gpsTime > 0) && (gpsTime < 1546300800000L))
gpsTime += 619315200000L;

:good: thanks to all developers in advance, hopefully they will try to add this code. :good:

Sorry, in Stock ROM 4.4.2 ALL is working, i tried all new ROMS, but no ROM is working properly.
I wanted to upgrade to Android 5 or higher because new version of tomtom only works with it.

Last edited:

launcher20

Apr 1, 2015
@xda-dvlprs
Hi, you are right, the rollover date issue is present, but not so bad for me. After a few seconds works another fix. But in new roms it doesn`t work :( Thatswhy i can`t use them. Hope that your idea is heard by an involved developer :)

Reactions: xda-dvlprs

xda-dvlprs

Jan 16, 2017
crdroid same as stock rom for gps rollover. not so bad but annoying.
Hopefully Our Developers will try to add this patch code their roms.

@xda-dvlprs
Hi, you are right, the rollover date issue is present, but not so bad for me. After a few seconds works another fix. But in new roms it doesn`t work :( Thatswhy i can`t use them. Hope that your idea is heard by an involved developer :)

sid2109

Sep 7, 2018
Try AICP by AndroX. It's the most stable and bug free NOUGAT ROM for Note 2. GPS works fine as well.

xda-dvlprs

Jan 16, 2017
Are you sure there is no GPS rollover problem on AICP by AndroX? Please test with gps test app (chartcross limited) and write the result? Please let me know several times if the gps signal has been reset for every 5-10 minutes or not.
Which version AICP by AndroX do you have and which version Magisk and Gapps? Because before I tried install this rom, there was a sim card problem.
thanks @sid2109 in advance. @launcher20 maybe you can try this AICP rom and write the result for gps problem.
By the way, I think @ibrahimal63 tried to use this AICP rom before. Was there a GPS rollover problem?

Last edited: