Search This thread

TheArc

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 1, 2012
Auckland City
www.ascendapps.tk
Gravity 360

What Is Gravity 360?
Gravity 360 also known as G360 is an aftermarket firmware for the low-end devices. Officially made for the U8160 and U8180, but had been ported to several other devices. Gravity 360 provides the most essential features for everyday use and its optimised to run faster than the stock firmware. With multi touch correct, and the feel of ice cream sandwich it really is a pleasant ROM.

The ROM itself is based on the all well known top aftermarket rom CyanogenMod. So all features included in CyanogenMod will be present here. The ROM is also based on the Gingerbread platform. ( Android 2.3.7 )

Download Link to Latest Version can be found - Here

Contributors/Credits
psyke83
achep
me

ROM OS Version: 2.3.7 Gingerbread
Based On: CyanogenMod7.2 By Psyke83

Changelog -
Due to me updating this thread in a long time
I have lost all the changelogs. Sorry about that.

Version Information

Last Updated 2012-08-21
Hit the thanks button if this helped.

Last edited:

polac

Nov 23, 2007
There is a little issue, an little square around the gps icon

thejaimes111

Dec 2, 2011
Canary Islands
OnePlus 7
First of all thank you to develop this new ROM from our phones, but I have one question: how can it's based on CM7 if it's ICS?!

Mensaje enviado desde mi Vodafone 858 Smart, ROM Cyanogenmod 7.2 RC1 ported by @subspike (V. 0.9), perdonen las faltas de ortografía :p

TheArc

Jan 1, 2012
Auckland City
www.ascendapps.tk
First of all thank you to develop this new ROM from our phones, but I have one question: how can it's based on CM7 if it's ICS?!

Mensaje enviado desde mi Vodafone 858 Smart, ROM Cyanogenmod 7.2 RC1 ported by @subspike (V. 0.9), perdonen las faltas de ortografía :p

Its a CyanogenMod 7.2 Port but its a ICS UI.
Which means it's not ICS, its just an imitation of it. Although you guys are lucky that Subpyke is working On an Alpha 3 Port of CM9 so ill be working on it.

Last edited:

Taki2011

Nov 1, 2011
Cairo
i'll tried v2 yesterday ! Its Very fast and stable and i've No problems with keyboard ! i've u8180 .. downloading beta 3 :)

thejaimes111

Dec 2, 2011
Canary Islands
OnePlus 7
Which means it's not ICS, its just an imitation of it. Although you guys are lucky that Subpyke is working On an Alpha 3 Port of CM9 so ill be working on it.

So, it's @subspike ROM but with a ICS UI...?!

TheArc

Jan 1, 2012
Auckland City
www.ascendapps.tk
Yes.but I've added more features and stability. I've also edited the firmware files and I've ended up with a new version 4, but I will be discarding it because it restarts randomly so ill be working ongoing v4, just note v3 is a beta version of v2.

Sent from my U8160

Taki2011

Nov 1, 2011
Cairo
Plz add Phone.apk and contacts.apk from ics ... if you can ... and the Original music apk from cm7 is working fine ... plz add xPlore file manger as default .... :) Waiting For V4

thejaimes111

Dec 2, 2011
Canary Islands
OnePlus 7
what would you guys prefer ubermusic or official music player? , ubermusic seems to have a nice and stable ui.??

and ill be working on the telephony too

I prefer ubermusic xD
PD: I install you rom and I love it, more than subspike rom, so CONGRATULATION! !! I'll wait more new tweaks and new thinks (ICS... Please...) :)

Enviado desde mi U8160 usando Tapatalk

thejaimes111

Dec 2, 2011
Canary Islands
OnePlus 7
I have one sugerence, could you put the changelog in the page and more general info.(changelog) like the @subspike ROM?! Thanks in advance, and good luck :)

Enviado desde mi U8160 usando Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Gravity 360

What Is Gravity 360?
    Gravity 360 also known as G360 is an aftermarket firmware for the low-end devices. Officially made for the U8160 and U8180, but had been ported to several other devices. Gravity 360 provides the most essential features for everyday use and its optimised to run faster than the stock firmware. With multi touch correct, and the feel of ice cream sandwich it really is a pleasant ROM.

The ROM itself is based on the all well known top aftermarket rom CyanogenMod. So all features included in CyanogenMod will be present here. The ROM is also based on the Gingerbread platform. ( Android 2.3.7 )

Download Link to Latest Version can be found - Here

Contributors/Credits
    psyke83
    achep
    me

ROM OS Version: 2.3.7 Gingerbread
    Based On: CyanogenMod7.2 By Psyke83

Changelog -
    Due to me updating this thread in a long time
    I have lost all the changelogs. Sorry about that.

Version Information

Last Updated 2012-08-21
    Hit the thanks button if this helped.
    Attention all users, i do not develop for this device anymore. This project is fully functional and the latest builds have been added to the op
    Sent from my Nexus 5
    Just some results of gravity 360 v6 oh huawei u8180.

Camera works for 5 pictures only.after that forces close kills u.
    Tried reboot and reflash-same results.
    gps wont work that good
    Battery issue-drains out in less than 10h.

Typing is hard since letters don't respond that quick.took me 25min to type this

Weather only Chinese

Everything else is perfectly configured.

Sorry for no details but I ran out of battery

I will test this v6 more and update soon.pm me if u wanna know or ask me do something.

Thank you for this rom again.

Yes battery drain issues are still happening, but I've been using it for about 18 straight no dead battery? Bit odd.

Things ive tested after reading your post.
    *Camera: Seems just normal, no force close, taken about 21 pictures.
    *Battery: seems okay. not properly optimized, also there is a widget witch lets you optimize battery.
    *Weather; yes its still Chinese, I want to remove this feature from Launcher.
    *Also I recommend you to enable ICS theme on"theme chooser" because it overrides the framework.
    *Everything else is configured properly, at this point the battery consumption is because of Subpsyke's port.
    *Hardware is best at the following options below
    -Governor : SMARTASSV2
    -Min CPU : 245Mhz
    -Max CPU : 691/710 MHz preferably at 691Mhz
    -VM heap-size at 24M as default.

I am also working on a port of ICS, so thumbs up and this should be stable in future updates.

thank's for testing Thejames111, great help.
    Also this is not guaranteed 100% may work or not, but does stop FC's.
    Grab the [MOD] System V6.zip and flash it, it should fix some problem's if you have encountered any, most unlikely there won't be any issue's.

WOW! there will b v7 enterprise?

patience will pay off until a PERFECT ROM will come out of all Your hard work sir.

Soon my paypal will b fixed (i hope-credit card overdue) and donations will b there too. This ROM (v 6) has it all there,scooping around,messing with it makes me love it more. the battery widget was touched so i think thats what drained my battery out.to me the camera after re-flashing,wipe data,clear cashe (did all that what might b stopping it from working) still 5 pictures only - SD is 2GB with 1.86 GB free. tried formating SD,change SD,set SD as default pictures save folder,all that - You name it,still 5 pictures and "force close" or "cannot connect to camera" appears and NO WAY to have the 6th picture LOL.

GPS turns off (sometimes) when pressing the icon to "clear" memory

answering sometimes stops screens respond (when dragging green to the right)

typing is soooo hard since words appear and while they appear (suggestions) it takes minimum 4 seconds per word as soon as you hit the first character (for example if you hit A and words with A appear) and if you choose a suggestion it will NOT show up on txt so it takes another 5 seconds then you type some other characters and the procedure of 1 txt msg takes like 10 minutes to get it done (untill you reach the point of hitting Send). disabling suggestions doesn't help neither. hit 1 character and it takes time to show on text (minimum 3 seconds up to 5 seconds) and after the character shows up on text you want to type the second character and when you hit the second character sometimes it ends up with force close (messaging doesn't close just keyboard) and sometimes makes the sound but it will show up after 5 seconds or maybe more. disable sound doesn't help neither. - results - change the keyboard maybe,i haven't tried it since i want to test this rom.

other things starting from home screen - locker and EVERYTHING else is TO FALL IN LOVE WITH. remarkable work done.once you try it,it's addiction. lol

maybe,it is my huawei's u8180 hardware - maybe i have done something to it !!!!!

i will buy another u8180 and test it on both huawei u8180,flash different roms and compare,see whats better from previous release (rom version) see what can be redone,what is PERFECT and no need to b touched.

will try installing applications on them as well

see how roms correspond and link hardware with applications - etc

untill this Gravity 360 project gets PERFECT i will NOT stop "bothering" you LOL

i thank You again for the awesome work You have done on the roms and please, do not take my responds the drama way - i am just someone who LOVES the Gravity 360 since it showed up on wiki of huawei u8180 and i just simply want to use my phone with this rom type - not default android 2.2.2 or what ever it had :D

wish i could b of more help - let me know if i could :D

wish You luck

Thank you very much, I was wondering why the camera was acting unusual, also im using a U8160 so it may be something to do with hardware, ill try my best to get this ROM to perfect satisfaction, while giving it which remarkable feature's.

Also ive made an Alpha 1 of the ICS port, ive tested it, and to be honest it responds much better than Subpsyke's port, but don't underestimate him, hes got something up his sleeve.

Things that are not working.
    Camera due to Graphic driver portion not fixed.
    WiFi : but i fixed it, re done the drivers and scripts, took few tweaks from CM9 port of suppskye's to get the WiFi working.
    HW 3d acceleration. which means gallery will not work, ive added a stock supplementary Gingerbread gallery to port, and it works, all images can be seen.
    so until the graphic driver's aren't out this feature will not be availible, better than no gallery i suppose.
    Ive added a tweaked Apex 360 Launcher, with permissions from dev.
    ive clocked CPU and it seems faster than usual, not much lag.
    current settings are set to, Max 729/748 Mhz but 729Mhz should 'be" default, Min 122Mhz and Governor must be performance/SmartASSV2. 748Mhz only works on performance one.
    ive got to say the rom is quite stable for an alpha 1, ive patched it from various ROM's including subpsyke's source and kangs projects too.

I will be releasing Alpha soon, once it's good enough and bit more stable, currently I haven't encountered any random crashes or restarts.