It's still one of the best ROM for osprey after more than 2 years, and I explain why:
- Fast and smooth ROM. It beats a lot of Nougat / Oreo ROMs that become slow after some time of use and apps installed.
- Stability is almost near of perfection. Some bugs occurs with SIM recognition at boot, but it also will happen at most ROMs out there. Everything else just work nicely.
- Pitchblack CM12/13 theme is fully working on CM12.1. It even is working with new versions of WhatsApp, and the most apps that come with CM12.1. The exceptions can be downloaded using Team Blacked Out, or choosing apps with black theme. A full support of substratum would be nice, but you still can have you phone all black.
- AudioFX is working flawless. When you pick a preset with higher frequences than Flat (like Heavy Metal or Eletronics), you will experience a increase of sound at frequences that you set. It means that you can really improve the voice or instrumental frequences as you wish. It does NOT happen at ANY ROM I've tried (with exception of ViperOS). For this other ROMs, the higher volume preset is Flat, if you try higher frequences, volume will decrease, which is insane. All that said, the best sound experience is when you install Viper4Android, all sound customizations are working perfectly at CM12.1 (tested with bluetooth connection for JBL Flip4), which just don't working correctly at the most other ROM I've tried.
- Waze and GPS: this ROM have the best GPS calibration ever. When you open Waze, almost instantly it shows the arrow with you location on the map, which has a delay at most of ROMs out there. With WiFi turned on, it becomes fast and precise as you expect.
Resuming, it's a incredible ROM for 4 reasons: it's fast and stable even after a lot time using it, you can apply dark (pitchblack) theme, give you the best sound experience and Waze is the fastest and working nicely.