• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][osprey] The Android Open Source Project 8.1

Search This thread

manxp85

May 1, 2010
www.lipskas.com
Installed the latest build (clean flash), it boots and works, but every time I try to encrypt phone, it fails. Phone reboots, encryption progress bar is displayed, then it goes to 100% (remaining time is displayed as 0 seconds) and stalls. Tried 3 times (with total data wipe and clean flash), always the same. Now, it's stuck with "0 seconds remaining" for 30+ minutes. If I turn the phone off and reboot, it asks for password and then displays message "data corrupted".

mixejich

Feb 10, 2012
Hi All,

There is no "Face Unlock" item in "SmartLock" after clean flash "AOSP-8.1.0-20180908-osprey-alberto97.zip" + "open_gapps-arm-8.1-stock-20181007.zip".
Do someone have an idea why this happens? How to solve this issue?

Thanks!

mixejich

Feb 10, 2012

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181008-120501.png
    Screenshot_20181008-120501.png
    29.1 KB · Views: 280
  • Screenshot_20181008-120451.png
    Screenshot_20181008-120451.png
    61.2 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:

blckbear

mixejich

Feb 10, 2012
That post is about Auto Face Unlock, a feature that unlocks your device automatically when it detects your face, it has nothing to do with the stock Face Unlock. I'd suggest you try another ROM and see if Face Unlock is available. As far as I remember Face Unlock is available in this ROM.

Yes, you are right. Sorry for misunderstanding. And Yes, it's available in PixelExperience ROM.

Alberto97

Recognized Developer
Feb 6, 2012
Unless regressions, the very last build for osprey is out. BFQ is the default IO scheduler and wifi display has been enabled (enjoy it until it works, on pie Google removed the support for miracast) both are things I thought were already there/enabled but turned out to not be.
Some patches Actions/Gestures related have been ported from addison. Now flip to mute vibrates when the phone gets muted or unmuted mimicking Google's flip to shhh.
Finally while testing I noticed the bluetooth mac address was wrong and it has been fixed too.
Sadly I haven't been able to fix HDR unlike I wanted and I'm not able to test RIL anymore because around a month ago I accidentally broke one of the pins that connect the sim with the phone :( but I should not have made any breaking change on that side.

Last edited:

hossman

Dec 1, 2012
Moto G Power
Unless regressions, the very last build for osprey is out. BFQ is the default IO scheduler and wifi display has been enabled (enjoy it until it works, on pie Google removed the support for miracast) both are things I thought were already there/enabled but turned out to not be.
Some patches Actions/Gestures related have been ported from addison. Now flip to mute vibrates when the phone gets muted or unmuted mimicking Google's flip to shhh.
Finally while testing I noticed the bluetooth mac address was wrong and it has been fixed too.
Sadly I haven't been able to fix HDR unlike I wanted and I'm unable to test RIL anymore because around a month ago I accidentally broke one of the pins that connect the sim with the phone :( but I should not have made any breaking change on that side.

Thanks for the update, my osprey has been handed down to family and I will be updating to this. If you're looking to move to a new device the Mi A2 lite is a great phone and could really use an experienced dev. You have been instrumental in a few devices I've owned and I miss seeing your work... That's just me being selfish though.. thanks for all your hard work.: ?:

Reactions: Alberto97

Alberto97

Recognized Developer
Feb 6, 2012
Thanks for the update, my osprey has been handed down to family and I will be updating to this. If you're looking to move to a new device the Mi A2 lite is a great phone and could really use an experienced dev. You have been instrumental in a few devices I've owned and I miss seeing your work... That's just me being selfish though.. thanks for all your hard work.: :
Thanks for your words, I really appreciate it :)
I actually already tried to move to another device earlier this year but I managed to lock myself out while trying to port TWRP (yes, I still feel stupid) then I bought a Pixel 3 that sooner or later will become useful with my job hence I don't feel like spending more money on other devices at the moment.

flash_15

Feb 4, 2018
Guys I am unable to pass SafetyNet test. Both basic integrity and cts are failing.
It used to pass the test a few days ago.
I was able to use all my banking apps and suddenly when I checked today it's failing.
I am using this ROM for a long time and I had no problems before. Does anyone know why it suddenly started failing?

Reactions: Carnage_mafia

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    3TdrJyX.gif

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

AOSP is Android as Google release without other modifications, similar to Pixel/Nexus stock rom but without gapps.
    Features such as Chop Chop, Double Twist and Ambient display gestures are kept.
    Google does not release an AOSP Browser anymore since Marshmallow, thus there isn't a default browser. If I find the time I might port and revamp it in the future.

Installation
    Requires Unlocked Bootloader & a custom recovery (at least twrp-osprey-3.1.1-r3.img or newer release is needed)
    1. Place ROM & Gapps in your virtual SD
    2. Reboot in Bootloader Mode
    3. Go to "Recovery" (Vol +/Vol -) and confirm (power)
    4. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    5. Wipe Dalvik cache
    6. Install the ROM zip
    7. DO NOT REBOOT
    8. Install the Gapps zip (optional)
    9. Reboot

Downloads
    AndroidFileHost

Sources
    Device Tree
    Common Device Tree
    Kernel

XDA:DevDB Information
    The Android Open Source Project 8, ROM for the Moto G 2015

Contributors
    Alberto97
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2017-11-23
    Last Updated 2018-12-08
    For the record, I'm not dead nor this project is. In the last weekend I worked on the OSS sensor hal (moto opened its sources in january), I brought it up to date and working on oreo, it will be included in the next build.
    And no, I will not maintain LineageOS 15.1 (don't talk about it here please).
    Changelog

07/12/2018
    • December security patches
    • WiFi display enabled
    • BT mac address fixed
    • BFQ is the default IO scheduler
    • Flip to Mute: the phone now vibrates when you mute/unmute it, just like Google's Flip to shhh

08/09/2018
    • September security patches

07/08/2018
    • August security patches
    • Enforcing SELinux

20/07/2018
    • RIL method getOperatorResponse now properly returns the operator and as result framework methods in TelephonyManger (getNetworkOperatorName + getSimOperatorName) and SubscriptionManager (getCarrierName + getDisplayName) now work correctly (thanks chil360 for pointing out the issue)
    • Whatsapp videos should have been fixed (thanks chil360 again for pointing out the issue and Subinsmani for linking the first fix here)

05/07/2018
    • July security patches
    • Camcorder has been fixed
    • Offline charging now correctly works
    • Moved from HWC2 to HWC1
    • Kernel updated to LA.BR.1.2.9.1-02310-8x16.0 tag
    • Unified gestures menus
    • Moved to AOSP apns list
    • Backuptool has been implemented
    • Added Google Sans

04/04/2018
    • April security patches
    • Better fix for the Alarm Clock
    • Removed PicoTTS (it was not working anyway)
    • Possibility of setting Pixel color accent

13/03/2018
    • February and March security patches
    • Open source Sensor HAL
    • Enabled Round Icons
    • Removed IMS support

04/01/2018
    • Android 8.1
    • January security patches

16/12/2017
    • December security patches
    • Alarm clock fixed
    • Fixed crash when opening Mobile Network settings with 2 sims inserted
    • IMS Patch by @althafvly included

21/11/2017 - Initial Release
    The new build is finally available with February and March security patches included. As I previously mentioned I'm now using an open source Sensor HAL now (backstory here for the curious).
    Also round icons are now enabled. That fancy feature introduced with Nougat that became useless on Oreo due to adaptive icons. Though for some reason Google decided to enable the Chrome adaptive icon only on devices that come with this feature enabled and the more adaptive icons I see the happier I am...
    In the end I've also decided to remove IMS support, it's something that apparently I can't get to work here, I can't test directly and I've spent enough time on.
    A new build is out. I have to say that I'm not very lucky with this device lately and after losing my sources a couple of months ago I had to apply every hack again and at many points I can't deny I was tempted to drop the support for osprey but here we go!
    Camcorder is finally working as well as offline charging.
    Gestures menus have been unified.
    Graphic configuration has been reworked, I've switched back to HWC1 since HWC2 was causing performance issues and our platform does not really support it.
    Kernel and wlan drivers have been inlined with qcom's latest tag. In the end they decided to support it once more and in june they published the first oreo release for our platform.
    Backuptool has been implemented: you don't need to install gapps every time you dirty flash anymore, backuptool will do this for you and just like pixels, Google Sans is now being used in some places of the system; mainly settings titles.
    I've also moved to AOSP apns list to improve the ROM maintainability. If mobile data stops working after a clean flash, check your apns, it might be missing now if yours is a new carrier or a MVNO.
    Of course security patches of these missing months have been included system and kernel side both.

An advice: due to the whole rework/reapply of the support for this device, do a backup, I might have missing something and the device configuration based on the variant has totally changed.
    In the end bad news: after realizing the amount of hacks this device needs, almost likely I won't bring Android P on it.