• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][osprey][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 12.1 and 13.0 for Moto G (3rd Gen) Updated!

Search This thread

Gravemind2015

Dec 1, 2015
I just edited the first post, now I will try to compile both CM12 and CM13 to keep up to date officially, all official changes.

Greetings and enjoy!

P.D: I'm still finishing preparing the CM13 code, it will take me a while to upload the compilation.
Thank you very much for keeping the two branches alive, I am sure it will help many :)

Broadcasted from Zeta Reticuli

Reactions: coldgin_

veloz46

Sep 2, 2011
Android World
I have problems with the compile of CM13, I miss the same error of "maven" and no parrot find solution, but as fast as I can solve the problem, I will share the complacency.

If someone knows how to solve the problems with the happy maven to warn. Hahaha

Reactions: accforfree

veloz46

Sep 2, 2011
Android World
I think, since march cm 13 needs maden to build

Yes, I already noticed, I never need to maven, now I have problems with Gello, do not let me continue, I will eliminate Gello and try again.

Thank you!

Edit: Well, it seems that no longer gives error, I will leave compiling, I go to work to see if I can then share the compilation of today CM13.

Last edited:

veloz46

Sep 2, 2011
Android World
Good evening, I've achieved a compilation without errors, but it does not boot, it stays in bootlop, so I'll try again.

Enviado desde mi MotoG3 mediante Tapatalk

EsromTech

Recognized Developer
Jul 10, 2012
São Paulo
Good evening, I've achieved a compilation without errors, but it does not boot, it stays in bootlop, so I'll try again.

Looks like it might be issues with the November security patch? I hear some other (homegrown) developers who had these problems, until they resolved to go back previous security patch ...

Anyway I also hear that cyanogen has figured it out in its current builds, I confess I'm curious about that. Anything I can help? Since I have no more server or linux here, I can compile nothing but apps ...

Regards, EsromG5.

veloz46

Sep 2, 2011
Android World
Looks like it might be issues with the November security patch? I hear some other (homegrown) developers who had these problems, until they resolved to go back previous security patch ...

Anyway I also hear that cyanogen has figured it out in its current builds, I confess I'm curious about that. Anything I can help? Since I have no more server or linux here, I can compile nothing but apps ...

Regards, EsromG5.

Thank you very much, calm, and it will come out sooner or later.
If I can not compile I will wait for them to solve it since I do not want to change anything, my intention is to remain 100% cyanogenmod.

Regards!

playenball

Jan 22, 2009

veloz46

Sep 2, 2011
Android World
As I recall the November 13th build didn't boot but the last CM official nightly did which was November 14th. That's the build I have been running since then.

I think the bootloop with Nov security patches was the last action from Alberto97 on cm13:

https://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/170723/

The last cm13 cm-13.0-20161114-NIGHTLY-osprey.zip boot, nightly from nov. 13 dont boot

It has to be something else, this commit is applied. :-/

veloz46

Sep 2, 2011
Android World
It has to be something else, this commit is applied. :-/

Today I was able to perform a compilation successfully, the problem is that it does not pass the bootlogo, I think it could be the fault of the owners files, I will try directly with those of my terminal instead of those of muphetts.

I will keep you informed of the process.

Bastlwastl2010

Oct 20, 2012
In the past i have the same problem compiling Nexus 10 CM12.1
If i use the muppets fort the blobs it wont boot.
Extrating the blobs manually to my computer, the build works. No idea why.

veloz46

Sep 2, 2011
Android World
Nothing, neither works, nor with the owners of the terminal. I do not know where to throw, does anyone have any ideas?

veloz46

Sep 2, 2011
Android World
The bug is in the Kernel source, it replaced the boot.img with the last official compilation and it works, I do not understand why it is wrong, the code is 100% official.

There are no changes of moment in the kernel, I have compiled and I am using the original boot.img of the last official compilation, as long as there are no changes in the kernel I will use that one.

Greetings and enjoy!

Reactions: coldgin_

Nico.MT

Mar 11, 2016
La Plata
Thanks for this @veloz46 ! While I was surprised by how stable CM14.1 is with the short development time, I decided to go back for another season to CM13 due to its stability and functionalities that have not yet been implemented in the latest version of cyanogenmod ( That surely will be very soon). And your collaboration is extremely useful.

Your CM13 build so far has worked without any problems on my phone. I hope you can keep this project for a while, at least until CM14.1 is more mature.

Thanks again for this.
Good luck! ;)

P.S. I also have to go to the Google Translator. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: veloz46

veloz46

Sep 2, 2011
Android World
After hundreds of attempts to compile the kernel of CM13, there is no way for this to work, so that already tired of annoying Alberto97 and compile again and again without success, I decide that I will use the latest official kernel of CM13 Since there is not or think there are any more modifications in it, so I will compile the code using the original boot.img of cyanogenmod.

Regards!

P.D: Thanks @Alberto97 for your great help in solving my problems.

HelpMeruth

Aug 29, 2015
Sweden
After hundreds of attempts to compile the kernel of CM13, there is no way for this to work, so that already tired of annoying Alberto97 and compile again and again without success, I decide that I will use the latest official kernel of CM13 Since there is not or think there are any more modifications in it, so I will compile the code using the original boot.img of cyanogenmod.

Regards!

P.D: Thanks @Alberto97 for your great help in solving my problems.
you didnt use cm13 branch before? i messed up sorry :p you're gonna use latest available boot.img
also i noticed that cm14 kernel is still compatible with cm13, so maybe ride on the the support train of nougat? :)

veloz46

Sep 2, 2011
Android World
you didnt use cm13 branch before? i messed up sorry [emoji14] you're gonna use latest available boot.img
also i noticed that cm14 kernel is still compatible with cm13, so maybe ride on the the support train of nougat? :)
It is very possible that it is broken by the step to N, there are several affected on the Internet who complain about the same, would have to try with an original defconfig that I think someone tried it and it worked.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1o_Xk_C6z.png

Hello everyone!

First of all, I want to apologize for my English, I am Spanish and translate text with Google.

I open this topic to hang here my compilations branch CM12.1 with the latest updates to date, at the request of Alberto97 not to soil the issue of the Official CM12.1 squid2 , so do not confuse users.
    (Alberto97 Thanks for helping me with some doubts)

I am not responsible for NOTHING! Everyone is aware of what he does.

Having each update ?
    Updates are only a current repo sync Cyanogenmod the original code .

Then we started:
    Carrying these compilations?
    Every officer of Cyanogen, has not changed anything at all.

What is the date updated the code?
    The same one that says the compilation, update and compile.

You must install the gapps?
    If necessary, you can use the OpenGapps here: http://opengapps.org/
    I'm a fan of Pico.

DOWNLOAD CM-12.1

DOWNLOAD CM-13.0

XDA: DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 12.1 for Moto G (3rd Gen), ROM for the Moto G 2015 UPDATED!

Contributors
    Cyanogen whole team, especially Alberto97 and squid2 , as are those who worked for our devices.

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x and 6.1.X
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod
    Source Code: https://github.com/cyanogenmod/android_device_motorola_osprey
    Changelog: https://www.cmxlog.com/12.1/# and https://www.cmxlog.com/13/

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: All Stable

Created Always updating.
    Last Updated Always updating.

If I have not done well in the post, please forgive me.
    Before going to work I have left compiling a Lineage that is equivalent to CM13, to see that is what comes out.

Uploading updated versions of CM12.1 and CM13, in the next few days I will see if they have been updated with the patches...
    Ready!
    I retested after restart and everything works!
    Climbing the Mega account, it will be available soon.
    Patch 08/01/2016

46f347ea8aa811dba979ffec5b253ae4.jpg