• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][osprey][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 13.0 for Moto G (3G) + Compilation tutorial!!

Search This thread
Hi I used the volte patch for cm 13 snapshot, and it works perfectly. Till now haven't face any issue. I just have one request can you build rom with those patch included and without microg patch.

The microG patch does not hinder you from anything, you can even flash Gapps, if you like. It also involves no real security risk, as any app intending to use it needs to bring exactly one sig hard-coded in its 'res' directory and the permission to do so needs to be explicitly granted. (For more info, see e.g. here). So I see no real need to make an extra build without microG patch.

With regards to the mentioned VoLTE patch, I have already played around with it some weeks back. It gave the menu option to enable VoLTE, but it actually did not really perform VoLTE calls. However - just to make sure, please provide a link so I can be sure, we talk about exactly the same here. I am currently very busy work-wise, but when time allows, I may consider looking at it again... ;)

Reactions: rahul9999

ajaysingh23

Jan 4, 2015
The microG patch does not hinder you from anything, you can even flash Gapps, if you like. It also involves no real security risk, as any app intending to use it needs to bring exactly one sig hard-coded in its 'res' directory and the permission to do so needs to be explicitly granted. (For more info, see e.g. here). So I see no real need to make an extra build without microG patch.

With regards to the mentioned VoLTE patch, I have already played around with it some weeks back. It gave the menu option to enable VoLTE, but it actually did not really perform VoLTE calls. However - just to make sure, please provide a link so I can be sure, we talk about exactly the same here. I am currently very busy work-wise, but when time allows, I may consider looking at it again... ;)

Thanks for that article link, it cleared a lots things to me now. Thanks a lot again for such humble words.
I used this patch, the only draw back is this changes the details of about section to that of cm 13 snapshot. This patch uses build prop to enable VoLTE. I had to manually edit the file to the orig version but keeping the VoLTE lines intact. If you look into it you will understand. Take your time, there is no hurry :)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwgSIwrgNSRQZU9BbmVBeTI0Zjg

Erick_Summer

Sep 11, 2016
Mexico
Hi,

a new LOS 13.0 build for the Moto G 2015 (osprey) device is available:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120741203

• June Security Patch Level 2017-06-01
  • AOSP tag 6.0.1_r79
  • Root built in
  • Kernel from 'cm-14.1' branch (incl. sec. fixes)
  • Patched for microG (sig. spoofing as switchable permission)
  • Android System Webview on version M59 (same as LOS 14.1)
  • Lineage OS Jelly Browser (instead of Gello)

If you would like to build yourself, see here: https://github.com/MSe1969/local_manifests

Regards, M.

Have fixed the lag that produces when playing a video on youtube, since the SNAPSHOT version has that problem and annoys a lot.

LOS 13.0 Osprey - August ASB

Hi,

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=889764386195926791

• August Security Patch Level 2017-08-01
  • AOSP tag 6.0.1_r79
  • Root built in
  • Android System Webview on version M60 (same as LOS 14.1)

If you would like to build yourself, see here: https://github.com/MSe1969/local_manifests

Regards, M.

VoLTE Test build

Thanks for that article link, it cleared a lots things to me now. Thanks a lot again for such humble words.
I used this patch, the only draw back is this changes the details of about section to that of cm 13 snapshot. This patch uses build prop to enable VoLTE. I had to manually edit the file to the orig version but keeping the VoLTE lines intact. If you look into it you will understand. Take your time, there is no hurry :)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwgSIwrgNSRQZU9BbmVBeTI0Zjg

I have done a test build with VoLTE support:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=889764386195928022
  • August Sec.Patch
  • microG-patched
  • with VoLTE vendor blobs
Please test and let me know whether it works for you or not.

Local build manifest / instructions here

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

Can you please update the local_manifest repository?
Hi, not sure what you mean . . . ?

Reactions: pramod sj

ajaysingh23

Jan 4, 2015
Last edited:
Reactions: MSe1969

pramod sj

Dec 25, 2016
Mumbai

Spaceminer

Hi,

• AOSP tag 6.0.1_r79
  • Root built in

Regards, M.
xt1548 Virgin US, everything appears to be working flawlessly. Some APN set up is required, but I've done this a lot, so its trivial. Battery life seems to be as good as stock MM. Very happy to see this. No loss of VoLte after reboot. Tips for other Virgin US users... Delete the us cellular APN, and the apn-conf.xml.bak, in system/etc. Be sure to leave the apn-conf.xml file in there though. Add this to your build.prop as well.
ril.subscription.types=NV,RUIM
ro.cdma.subscription=0
ro.telephony.default_network=8
ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=311490
ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=Virgin Mobile US
telephony.slteOnCdmaDevice=1
Go to settings>cellular networks>access point names, and delete the second APN. Reboot, go back and select LTE under settings>cellular networks, then select "carrier settings". You will lose cell service for a few seconds, and when it comes back it will be locked to Virgin Mobile. Your carrier label will also say Virgin Mobile afterwards.

New Version with September patches

Hi,

a new LineageOS 13.0 build for the Moto G 2015 (osprey) device is available:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298987957

• September Security Patch Level 2017-09-01
  • AOSP tag 6.0.1_r80
  • Root built in
  • Lineage OS Jelly Browser

Note:
The September ASB fixes many critical vulnerabilities, such as BlueBorne, so it is a good idea to update.

Regards, M.

ajaysingh23

Jan 4, 2015
Hi,

• AOSP tag 6.0.1_r80
  • Root built in

Note:
The September ASB fixes many critical vulnerabilities, such as BlueBorne, so it is a good idea to update.

Regards, M.

Thanks for the build. Do post if you build with VoLTE patch. The last test build is working great and its damn rock solid.

Erick_Summer

Sep 11, 2016
Mexico
problem lag youtube

Hi,

• AOSP tag 6.0.1_r80
  • Root built in

Note:

Regards, M.

you can solve the lag that causes on youtube, since from the snapshot version has that problem and is very annoying, cm14 (lineageOS 14) before it became lineageOS 14 had that lag problem in youtube and in the cm13 has it, already when cm14 became lineageOS 14 solved that problem, but I love cm13 for the subjects and many more things, my only problem is that since I am always on youtube, I hope and you can get it, thank you.

hovnonium

Feb 17, 2017
you can solve the lag that causes on youtube, since from the snapshot version has that problem and is very annoying, cm14 (lineageOS 14) before it became lineageOS 14 had that lag problem in youtube and in the cm13 has it, already when cm14 became lineageOS 14 solved that problem, but I love cm13 for the subjects and many more things, my only problem is that since I am always on youtube, I hope and you can get it, thank you.
What kind of lag? I use this youtube https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-iytbp-injected-youtube-background-t3560900 and it doesnt lag for me.

Reactions: MSe1969

I am not using the official Google YouTube APP, but instead NewPipe, which really works smoothly. Could you please describe in more detail, what kind of lag you experience and how this can be reproduced? I assume you use the Gapps YT app? In that case, I need to find some time to make a backup in TWRP, wipe my phone, flash Gapps (yikes!), create fake-disposal Gmail account and do some testing, before I wipe the phone again to restore my backup (don't expect a too timely reply) :)

Reactions: hovnonium

Erick_Summer

Sep 11, 2016
Mexico
I am not using the official Google YouTube APP, but instead NewPipe, which really works smoothly. Could you please describe in more detail, what kind of lag you experience and how this can be reproduced? I assume you use the Gapps YT app? In that case, I need to find some time to make a backup in TWRP, wipe my phone, flash Gapps (yikes!), create fake-disposal Gmail account and do some testing, before I wipe the phone again to restore my backup (don't expect a too timely reply) :)

thanks for replying, the problem is that when playing a video is locked 4 seconds the screen but the video is heard or also that it locks 4 seconds but the video is not scanned, but after the 4 seconds the video is played with normality, after that came cm14 (lineageOS) stopped supporting the rom with problems like this and focused more on lineageOS 14, I hope and you can solve it, thanks.

thanks for replying, the problem is that when playing a video is locked 4 seconds the screen but the video is heard or also that it locks 4 seconds but the video is not scanned, but after the 4 seconds the video is played with normality, after that came cm14 (lineageOS) stopped supporting the rom with problems like this and focused more on lineageOS 14, I hope and you can solve it, thanks.

I did as outlined on my Osprey device:
- Backup in TWRP
- factory reset
- flashed Gapps
- used original Google Youtube app

I did NOT experience ANY delay or any other functionality limitation with Youtube, it ran smoothly.
So I think it must be related specifically to your device.

Did you maybe "dirty-flash" the ROM on top of a different ROM or did you restore an image backup of your /data partition (e.g. from TWRP), which normally belongs to a different ROM or something like that? Or do you have a lot of fancy apps interfering with Video playback or in general a lot of "cool" apps installed, which all are running in the background 'busy phoning home' ? This is of course all 'wild guessing', I don't really have a good explanation - all I can say is that under clean test conditions, I can't reproduce the behavior.

You should do a similar test:
Backup your data with TWRP (system, data, boot) and the do a factory reset and start the clean ROM and check whether the problem persists. If yes, something must be wrong with your hardware, if not - you know that some app data may be inconsistent. Before doing so, have you tried clearing the Youtube app cache and data (in settings >> apps menu)?

Regards, M.

Erick_Summer

Sep 11, 2016
Mexico
I did as outlined on my Osprey device:
- Backup in TWRP
- factory reset
- flashed Gapps
- used original Google Youtube app

I did NOT experience ANY delay or any other functionality limitation with Youtube, it ran smoothly.
So I think it must be related specifically to your device.

Did you maybe "dirty-flash" the ROM on top of a different ROM or did you restore an image backup of your /data partition (e.g. from TWRP), which normally belongs to a different ROM or something like that? Or do you have a lot of fancy apps interfering with Video playback or in general a lot of "cool" apps installed, which all are running in the background 'busy phoning home' ? This is of course all 'wild guessing', I don't really have a good explanation - all I can say is that under clean test conditions, I can't reproduce the behavior.

You should do a similar test:
Backup your data with TWRP (system, data, boot) and the do a factory reset and start the clean ROM and check whether the problem persists. If yes, something must be wrong with your hardware, if not - you know that some app data may be inconsistent. Before doing so, have you tried clearing the Youtube app cache and data (in settings >> apps menu)?

Regards, M.

thanks for replying, if it were my hardware would give me that problem in lineageOS 14 or roms based on it 7.1.2, as much as lineageos 14 and stock does not present that problem, only in cm13, already erase data from youtube and nothing.
I always make a clean installation from stock to cm13.

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

when I play a video is frozen the screen doing nothing, but the video is heard and after 5 seconds it returns to normal, it only happens in cm13.

Last edited:
thanks for replying, if it were my hardware would give me that problem in lineageOS 14 or roms based on it 7.1.2, as much as lineageos 14 and stock does not present that problem, only in cm13, already erase data from youtube and nothing.
I always make a clean installation from stock to cm13.

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

when I play a video is frozen the screen doing nothing, but the video is heard and after 5 seconds it returns to normal, it only happens in cm13.

As mentioned, I was not able to reproduce the faulty behavior under clean test conditions. So I really suggest you also start with clean test conditions: Wipe your device by doing a factory reset and DO NOT restore your data and then look whether the problem still persists. (Make a backup in TWRP first to be able to restore everything later)

If the problem is still present, create a log (e.g. via adb logcat) showing what is going on, paste it e.g. as 'gist' and post a link to it here.

Just to make sure:
You downloaded and flashed the ZIP of this ROM from the link provided by me, and you did not e.g. flash a custom kernel and you use GAPPs for ARM and 6.0, correct?

Reactions: hovnonium
Thanks for the build. Do post if you build with VoLTE patch. The last test build is working great and its damn rock solid.
Thanks for your feedback. I will work on it when I'm back at home on Wednesday. I had issues in my own network and it seems, that I also have to put some values in the carrier config XML files for the specific networks, which may (let's hope for it) also explain, why it e.g. works for you, but not for others, myself included...
Just for me to validate: Which network carrier do you use? (Would like to see its carrier config XML file in LineageOS)
Thanks, M.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lineage_OS.jpg

First of all, I want to apologize for my English, I am Spanish and translate text with Google.

I open this topic to hang here my compilations branch LineageOS 13.0.

I am not responsible! Everyone is aware of what he does.

Having each update ?
    Updates are only a current repo sync LineageOS the original code .

Then we started:
    Carrying these compilations?
    Every officer of LineageOS, has not changed anything at all.

What is the date updated the code?
    The same one that says the compilation, update and compile.

You must install the gapps?
    If necessary, you can use the OpenGapps here: http://opengapps.org/
    I'm a fan of Pico.

DOWNLOAD LineageOS-13.0

XDA: DevDB Information
    [ROM][osprey][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 13.0 for Moto G (3rd Gen) Updated!

Contributors
    LineageOS whole team, especially Alberto97 and squid2 , as are those who worked for our devices.

ROM OS Version: 6.0.X
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOS
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_motorola_osprey
    Changelog: https://review.lineageos.org/#/q/status:merged+branch:cm-13.0

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: BETA

Created Always updating.
    Last Updated Always updating.

If I have not done well in the post, please forgive me.

Compile your own LineageOS Rom 14.1:

Use Ubuntu 14.04LTS

Simply copy and paste:

Preparing packages to compile:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install bison build-essential curl flex git gnupg gperf libesd0-dev liblz4-tool libncurses5-dev libsdl1.2-dev libwxgtk2.8-dev libxml2 libxml2-utils lzop maven openjdk-8-jdk openjdk-8-jre pngcrush schedtool squashfs-tools xsltproc zip zlib1g-dev maven maven2 libnss-sss:i386 python-networkx ccache libc6-dev-i386 x11proto-core-dev libx11-dev lib32z-dev libgl1-mesa-dev unzip

Code:
    sudo apt-get install g++-multilib gcc-multilib lib32ncurses5-dev lib32readline-gplv2-dev lib32z1-dev

Code:
    sudo apt-get install android-tools-fastboot android-tools-adb

Code:
    sudo apt-get install phablet-tools

Code:
    git config --global user.email "[email protected]"
    git config --global user.name "Your Name"

EXAMPLE:
    Code:
    git config --global user.email [email protected]
    git config --global user.name johan88

Preparing environment:

Code:
    mkdir ~/bin

Code:
    PATH=~/bin:$PATH

Code:
    curl http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/git-repo-downloads/repo > ~/bin/repo

Code:
    chmod a+x ~/bin/repo

Code:
    mkdir ~/source-LineageOS-14.1

Code:
    cd ~/source-LineageOS-14.1

Code:
    repo init -u git://github.com/LineageOS/android.git -b cm-14.1

Code:

This is going to take ...

Code:
    repo sync

Prepare code for our device "osprey"

Code:
    source build/envsetup.sh

Code:
    breakfast osprey

Add proprietary files to the code.

Go to route:
    Code:
    Personal folder/source-LineageOS-14.1/.repo/local_manifests/roomservice.xml

Add in the middle these 2 lines:
    Code:
    <remote fetch="https://github.com/TheMuppets/" name="TheMuppets" revision="cm-14.1" />
    <project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_motorola" path="vendor/motorola" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1" />

Resync:

Code:

Code:
    repo sync

Now start the compilation:

Code:

Code:
    . build/envsetup.sh && brunch osprey

Once finished the compilation the rom will be in:

Code:
    Personal Folder//source-LineageOS-14.1/out/target/product/osprey/

To clean everything and recompile:

Code:

Code:
    make clobber

Code:
    repo sync

Code:

Compile your own LineageOS Rom 13.0:

Use Ubuntu 14.04LTS

Simply copy and paste:

Preparing packages to compile:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install bison build-essential curl flex git gnupg gperf libesd0-dev liblz4-tool libncurses5-dev libsdl1.2-dev libwxgtk2.8-dev libxml2 libxml2-utils lzop maven openjdk-7-jdk openjdk-7-jre pngcrush schedtool squashfs-tools xsltproc zip zlib1g-dev maven maven2 libnss-sss:i386 python-networkx ccache libc6-dev-i386 x11proto-core-dev libx11-dev lib32z-dev libgl1-mesa-dev unzip

Code:
    sudo apt-get install g++-multilib gcc-multilib lib32ncurses5-dev lib32readline-gplv2-dev lib32z1-dev

Code:
    sudo apt-get install android-tools-fastboot android-tools-adb

Code:
    sudo apt-get install phablet-tools

Code:
    git config --global user.email "[email protected]"
    git config --global user.name "Your Name"

EXAMPLE:
    Code:
    git config --global user.email [email protected]
    git config --global user.name johan88

Preparing environment:

Code:
    mkdir ~/bin

Code:
    PATH=~/bin:$PATH

Code:
    curl http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/git-repo-downloads/repo > ~/bin/repo

Code:
    chmod a+x ~/bin/repo

Code:
    mkdir ~/source-LineageOS-13.0

Code:
    cd ~/source-LineageOS-13.0

Code:
    repo init -u git://github.com/LineageOS/android.git -b cm-13.0

Code:

This is going to take ...

Code:
    repo sync

Prepare code for our device "osprey"

Code:
    source build/envsetup.sh

Code:
    breakfast osprey

Add proprietary files to the code.

Go to route:
    Code:
    Personal folder/source-LineageOS-13.0/.repo/local_manifests/roomservice.xml

Add in the middle these 2 lines:
    Code:
    <remote fetch="https://github.com/TheMuppets/" name="TheMuppets" revision="cm-13.0" />
    <project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_motorola" path="vendor/motorola" remote="github" revision="cm-13.0" />

Resync:

Code:

Code:
    repo sync

Now start the compilation:

Code:

Code:

Once finished the compilation the rom will be in:

Code:
    Personal Folder//source-LineageOS-13.0/out/target/product/osprey/

To clean everything and recompile:

Code:

Code:
    make clobber

Code:
    repo sync

Code:

ATTENTION! I can not support compilation errors since I am not an expert.
    New Version with September patches

Hi,

• AOSP tag 6.0.1_r80
    • Root built in

Note:

Regards, M.
    Reworked LOS 13.0 build now with LineageOS Jelly Browser

Hi all,

I have made another LOS 13.0 build for Osprey with the following additions:

• Chromium Webview on version 58 (same as LOS 14.1)
    • Lineage OS Jelly Browser instead of Gello

All other characteristics are identical to the announced ones in the posting further up (May Sec.Patches, root, microG). To th reasons see here: https://www.lineageos.org/Changelog-9/

The build can be downloaded here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298958100

Regards, M.
    LOS 13.0 Osprey - August ASB

Hi,

• AOSP tag 6.0.1_r79
    • Root built in

Regards, M.
    LOS 13.0 for Osprey with May Sec. patches

Hi,

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634772129

• May security patch level 2017-05-01
    • AOSP tag 6.0.1_r79
    • with Root built in
    • Kernel from cm-14.1 branch (incl. sec. fixes)
    • patched for microG (sig. spoofing as switchable permission)

Regards, M.