• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [OSS] [11] CrDroid 7.8 Unofficial [Realme 5/5i/5s] [5 Aug]

Search This thread

mizdrake7

Sep 23, 2016
Realme 5
IMG_20210805_022201_209.jpg

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

What's Working

Boots
Camera
RIL
Wi-Fi
Bluetooth
Video Playback
Audio
Sensors
GPS
Fingerprint Sensor
Offline Charging
VoLTE
WiFi Display
SafetyNet Pass By Default
Aux Camera
Selinux Enforcing

Known Issues
ViLTE
Fingerprint Sensor (On 5i only)

Recommended Firmware and Vendor Image:
Must Be in Realme UI Firmware, Android 10, C.67 or higher

Flashing Instructions
Flash latest TWRP Or Whatever You Like
Boot into your Recovery
Wipe Cache, Dalvik cache, System, Data and Vendor
Flash Rom
Flash Gapps (optional)
Again navigate to wipe, Hit format data type "yes" (Only if encrypted)
Enjoy the clean rom

Download Links
Sourceforge : Download
Gapps : OpenGapps

Version Information

Sources
Device Tree
Vendor Tree
Kernel Tree

Credits
@BabluS (For Stable Trees)

XDADevDB Information
CrDroid ROM for Realme 5/5i/5s
Created - 05082021

Last edited:

Reg2

Nov 9, 2019
Problems. Will only boot into recovery....
I must admit that I just did a standard wipe initially. I did not wipe vendor or system. I repeated the correct steps but still no go. The phone a Realme5 had the latest updates and was unencrypted.

Any help would be appreciated.

mizdrake7

Sep 23, 2016
Realme 5
I must admit that I just did a standard wipe initially. I did not wipe vendor or system. I repeated the correct steps but still no go. The phone a Realme5 had the latest updates and was unencrypted.

Format /data from Wipe section (not Wipe)
Or Flash dfe to bypass to encryption and make sure you're using latest realme ui firmware

Reactions: Reg2

Reg2

Nov 9, 2019
Fixed! Just needed a format of data. Thank you very much.
And thanks for a really nice ROM. Its so clean after the horrible bloated Realme UI.
Might I also ask what is the preferred method of installing Magisk?

Once again Thanks.....

Reg2

Nov 9, 2019
I'd like to root this phone using Magisk. Can anyone advise about the correct working method?

I was going to flash Magisk 23 in the usual fashion (using TWRP) but my understanding is that the preferred method is to flash a Magisk patched recovery.image file. I had problems finding a recovery.image file. I got the stock ROM but I came up against the ofp file archive and could not access the recovery file. Also I could not find the recovery.image file in the crDroid custom ROM.

I was just going to try various things...... But then I decided to ask!

mizdrake7

Sep 23, 2016
Realme 5
I'd like to root this phone using Magisk. Can anyone advise about the correct working method?

I was going to flash Magisk 23 in the usual fashion (using TWRP) but my understanding is that the preferred method is to flash a Magisk patched recovery.image file. I had problems finding a recovery.image file. I got the stock ROM but I came up against the ofp file archive and could not access the recovery file. Also I could not find the recovery.image file in the crDroid custom ROM.

Just flash magisk normally.

Reactions: Reg2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Format /data from Wipe section (not Wipe)
    Or Flash dfe to bypass to encryption and make sure you're using latest realme ui firmware

Just flash magisk normally.