[ROM][OSS][UNOFFICIAL][R] LineageOS 18.1 for POCO F2 Pro/Redmi K30 Pro [lmi/lmipro]

Search This thread

hblek

Apr 4, 2015
Vriezenveen
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11.0 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions (Follow them carefully)
If you aren't on my previous LineageOS build:
- Install LOS recovery
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot reboot recovery
- Format data/cache with recovery
- Flash the ROM via ADB sideload (On recovery, Update > Update with ADB)
Code:
adb sideload <ROM filename>
- Flash Gapps/Magisk with ADB sideload (same procedure as before)
- Reboot

If you are on a LineageOS 18.1 build:
- Update regularly with adb sideload

What is working
- Booting
- Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth
- RIL (calling, SMS, mobile data, VoLTE) (dual SIM works)
- Audio
- Camera
- Camera motor
- Fingerprint on display
- NFC
- GPS
- Camera LED
- Automatic brightness
- USB (MTP, ADB, etc.)
- AOSP offline charging
- LiveDisplay
- Sensors (rotation, accelerometer, etc...)

Bugs
- DT2W
- SELinux permissive

Required firmware
V12.2.1.0.RJKMIXM
Full firmware: Here

Downloads
ROM
Recovery

Changelogs are on #2 post
Telegram channel for updates: Here
Telegram group for support: Here

Sources:
(MIUI prebuilt kernel is used)
Common device tree
lmi device tree
Common vendor blobs

Happy modding!
This is great, I received my new poco f2 as replacement of my MI Note2 with Los 17.1
I am delighted to receive a stable Los 18.1 for my new phone. I prefer a stable Los above miui. Great work @sebaumbutu.

erwan574

Sep 15, 2016
I want install your rom but I have problem to install firmware 2.2.1, the eu version of firmware works, the global does not install. I have tried with all the recoveries

I also had problem with sideloading of miui_LMIGlobal_V12.2.1.0.RJKMIXM_35857b638b_11.0.zip.
In the end I used latest LRTEAM recovery and flashed this zip using an usb key connected to the phone using usb-c / otg mode.

What I understand from the description, it is supposed to work with LOS recovery using sideloading. If that's not correct maybe the description could be more detailed for this step. My understanding is that there is no hardware variants for our phone, so all devices should behave the same way (eu, global, whatever)

MoonMaker

Jul 3, 2019
I want install your rom but I have problem to install firmware 2.2.1, the eu version of firmware works, the global does not install. I have tried with all the recoveries
At beginning nothing was working for me, too. After flashing latest 3.8Gbyte china rom I could installed it.

Maheshwara

Sep 19, 2011
Frankfurt
@erwan574
Does this mean you didn't make use of LOS recovery by sideloading this build, but you simply successfully installed it by means of the TWRP you linked above...?

Simply wanna know if LOS recovery and sideloading is obligatory or if it can also be successfully flashed via TWRP:

1. Install last China ROM by Mi Flashtool or whatsoever
2. Install TWRP
3. Flash LOS, GApps and Magisk via TWRP

That way, I imagine...

Reactions: MoonMaker

erwan574

Sep 15, 2016
@erwan574
Does this mean you didn't make use of LOS recovery by sideloading this build, but you simply successfully installed it by means of the TWRP you linked above...?

Simply wanna know if LOS recovery and sideloading is obligatory or if it can also be successfully flashed via TWRP:

1. Install last China ROM by Mi Flashtool or whatsoever
2. Install TWRP
3. Flash LOS, GApps and Magisk via TWRP

That way, I imagine...

In my understanding it should work. Sideloading is used in procedures because LOS Recovery and LRTEAM's TWRP do not support file transfers from the computer using usb storage mode. If you use usb otg with an usb key with the files, you do not need sideloading.

MoonMaker

Jul 3, 2019
How to enable SafetyNet?
- Developer Mode need be activated

Enable force Basic key:
1. Install latest Magisk 2.1
2. Reboot.
3. Enable magiskhide and hide magisk manager.
4. Install magiskhide props config.
5. Reboot.
6. Start Termux and type "su" and hit enter , after this termux ask Magisk-Manager to prompt for root access => Grant it
7. Type "props" command and hit enter
8. Enable force BASIC key attestation (press 2), for "Redmi K30 Pro"
9. Reboot.

Activate Fingerprint:
1. Start Termux and type "su" and hit enter , after this termux ask Magisk-Manager to prompt for root access => Grant it
2. Type "props" command and hit enter
3. After MagiskHide-Props loaded successfully, type "1" to edit device fingerprint
4. Type "f" to pick a certified fingerprint
5. Type "25" to chose "Redmi"
6. Type "2" to chose "Redmi K30 Pro Zoom Edition (10)"
7. Type "y" to confirm it
8. Type "y" to reboot your device

All credits are going to https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...ass-safetynet-on-android-11-and-magisk.57627/

mathorv

Jun 5, 2011
Installation went OK, remember guys to download new recovery for 18.1.
Remember to install adb sideload V12.2.1.0.RJKMIXM first then ROM (at least it worked for me that way)
OpenGapps 11 OpenGApps - Browse /arm64/test/20201116 at SourceForge.net
Fingerprint reader works OK.
Settings>Battery>Performance Mode keeps stopping/exits to Settings for me as well.
DT2W - Double Tap To Wake does not work(as listed in bugs, I suggest disabling it in Settings)

New official beta firmware is up
POCO F2 Pro GlobalStable BetaRecoveryV12.2.3.0.RJKMIXM11.03.1 GB2020-12-25

Last edited:

erwan574

Sep 15, 2016
Hi all, I just updated to lineage-18.1-20201226-UNOFFICIAL-lmi.zip using LOS recovery and adb sideloading.
There was a magisk error, at first reboot I lost magisk and google services. Maybe this is due to encrypted partition, maybe I missed a step ?

I reflashed same magisk 21.1 and Nikgapps basic 1214 using LOS recovery sideloading and rebooted.
Magisk and safety net is ok, but I get force close with google apps (gmail..) and gpay data is gone.

Any clues on how to update without those issues ? Do you recommend other gapps ?

EDIT : most apps are fixed by deleting data, gmail by removing and reinstalling. Battery Performance mode still crash. double touch to wake still does not work. I do not know what to check. Security update is Dec 5th, Vendor patch level is Oct 1st 2020. PXv8.1_GCam-v1.0.apk crashes at startup, I stay with GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.5.apk.

Last edited:

MoonMaker

Jul 3, 2019
Hi all, I just updated to lineage-18.1-20201226-UNOFFICIAL-lmi.zip using LOS recovery and adb sideloading.
There was a magisk error, at first reboot I lost magisk and google services. Maybe this is due to encrypted partition, maybe I missed a step ?

I reflashed same magisk 21.1 and Nikgapps basic 1214 using LOS recovery sideloading and rebooted.
Magisk and safety net is ok, but I get force close with google apps (gmail..) and gpay data is gone.

Any clues on how to update without those issues ? Do you recommend other gapps ?

EDIT : most apps are fixed by deleting data, gmail by removing and reinstalling. Battery Performance mode still crash. double touch to wake still does not work. I do not know what to check. Security update is Dec 5th, Vendor patch level is Oct 1st 2020. PXv8.1_GCam-v1.0.apk crashes at startup, I stay with GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.5.apk.
Same experience as you. :)

mathorv

Jun 5, 2011

Same experience as you. :)

I had only signature verification problem on lineage-18.1-20201216 when installing Magisk.

About Gapps.

Linked OpenGapps beta above. https://sourceforge.net/projects/opengapps/files/arm64/test/20201116/

Below quote from Crdroid 7.1

As stated by erwan574 there is lineage-18.1-20201226 update on V12.2.3.0.RJKMIXM firmware (silent OP update), remember to use newer recovery as well!

EDIT:
If you have problems with Gapps, give info which version/release/type of package you used to rule out Gapps faults not the ROM itself, for android 11 most of packages are in Beta stage.

Last edited:

Gomex_10

Jul 23, 2016
I've been trying this rom since yesterday and it works almost fine...
I installed the latest recovery and the latest firmware, along with the December 26th rom! The only problems I encountered were with the Google Maps and Google Drive applications. These applications are installed but close as soon as I open them. Does anyone else have this problem?

mura20

Dec 17, 2012
I've been trying this rom since yesterday and it works almost fine...
I installed the latest recovery and the latest firmware, along with the December 26th rom! The only problems I encountered were with the Google Maps and Google Drive applications. These applications are installed but close as soon as I open them. Does anyone else have this problem?
I had a similar problem with Google Maps on Pixel Experience Android 11 which I think is based on Lineage's tree. Google Maps would force close right after opening. Nothing could solve the problem, so I decided to go back to MIUI. Please let me know if you find a solution for this matter. Thanks!

Gomex_10

Jul 23, 2016
I had a similar problem with Google Maps on Pixel Experience Android 11 which I think is based on Lineage's tree. Google Maps would force close right after opening. Nothing could solve the problem, so I decided to go back to MIUI. Please let me know if you find a solution for this matter. Thanks!

Problem solved...I made a new installation and now everything works!
The problem was with opengapps. I tried it with nikgapps and it’s impeccable. Excellent work from the ROM developer.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those of you who want an updated build (with latest LineageOS changes since Apr 30), I've built an update package yesterday:

Everything seems fine, let me know if you notice anything broken in there, but it's using SebaUbuntu's code repositories so it should work just as well as the previous build, except updated with the latest LineageOS changes. You can dirty flash it on top of your previous build without any issues (assuming you didn't mess up your Gapps like I did).
    Re battery life no problems with battery life. Feels better coming from miui for sure
    - Install LOS recovery
    Code:
    fastboot reboot recovery
    Code:
    - Reboot

I don't understand. I'm on Version 18.1. there is NO option to format data/cache in this LOS recovery.

Ok. Apparently you have to choose "Factory Reset" to get to the "format data" and Format cache. I wish this was explained in a more clear manner.
    thank you for the build. fod flashbang is still there right ?
    Yup. Now that I have the sources around, I might try to see if I can help it though.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11.0 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

- Install LOS recovery
    Code:
    fastboot reboot recovery
    Code:
    - Reboot

If you are on a LineageOS 18.1 build:
    - Update regularly with adb sideload

Note that switching from prebuilt vendor to OSS vendor may require a clean flash, no guarantees

What is working
    - Booting
    - Wi-Fi
    - Bluetooth
    - RIL (calling, SMS, mobile data, VoLTE) (dual SIM works)
    - Audio
    - Camera
    - Camera motor
    - Fingerprint on display
    - NFC
    - GPS
    - Camera LED
    - Automatic brightness
    - USB (MTP, ADB, etc.)
    - AOSP offline charging
    - LiveDisplay
    - DT2W
    - SELinux enforcing
    - Sensors (rotation, accelerometer, etc...)

Bugs
    - FOD flashbang when brightness isn't at 100%

Suggested firmware
    V12.2.6.0.RJKMIXM
    Full firmware: Here
    Firmware only: Here

Downloads
    ROM
    Recovery

Changelogs are on #2 post
    Telegram channel for updates: Here
    Telegram group for support: Here

Sources:
    Xiaomi SM8250 common device tree
    lmi device tree
    lmi prebuilt dtb
    Xiaomi SM8250 common kernel sources
    Xiaomi SM8250 common vendor blobs

Happy modding!
    Changelogs:

2021/04/11:
    - Latest LineageOS changes
    - April 2021 security patches
    - Fixed notification LED
    - Improved rounded corners
    - Dropped Xiaomi's displayfeature
    - Added chinese translation to front camera settings
    - Various fixes to audio

2021/04/01, 🐟 edition:
    - Fixed IR blaster (SELinux at it again)
    - Cleaned up LiveDisplay display mode sections
    - [04/01] Added some... interesting camera sounds (disabled by default, you can find them in Settings > System > Front camera effects)

2021/03/29:
    - Fixed proximity sensor (SELinux)
    - Fixed gcam (forgot to pick a gralloc commit)
    - Fixed recovery not mounting partitions

From 2021/03/28:
    - Switched to OSS kernel
    - SELinux Enforcing
    - Updated blobs from lmi V12.2.5.0.RJKMIXM

Note: A clean flash is required if you aren't on 2021/03/28 build

2021/03/28:
    - Switched to OSS kernel
    - SELinux Enforcing
    - Updated blobs from lmi V12.2.5.0.RJKMIXM

Note: A clean flash may be required

2021/03/12
    - March 2021 security patches
    - "Serial console enabled" message has been removed
    - Switched to OSS gralloc (Fixed Gcams)
    - Switched to AOSP camera provider (bye bye MIUI Camera)

2021/02/22:
    - February 2021 security patches
    - Latest changes from LineageOS
    - OSS vendor and odm are now included
    - Notification LED is now fixed
    - Minumum brightness too high has been fixed
    - Status bar padding has been improved
    - Fixed deep sleep issues
    - Added LiveDisplay
    - Fixed Bluetooth audio A2DP
    - Added QTI thermal HIDL and mi_thermald
    - Added DT2W
    - Fixed Wi-Fi Display
    - Added battery DRM service (should fix charging with stock charger)
    - Fixed exfat mounting

2021/01/20:
    - January 2021 security patches
    - Restored doze settings
    - Latest changes from LineageOS

2021/01/05:
    - Kernel and blobs updated to V12.2.4.0.RJKMIXM
    - Switched to AOSP BT stack

2020/12/16:
    - First release
    Hi everyone, the moment is finally here, OSS vendor!
    Please check post #1 and #2 for instructions
    Next update should hopefully have SELinux enforcing
    New build is out with SELinux enforcing and OSS kernel (and much more)

Check post #2 for info
    Clean flash may be required
    Note: Build repushed with brightness fix, you can dirty flash it over previous 18.1 build
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone