[ROM][OSSVENDOR][UNOFFICIAL][R] LineageOS 18.1 for POCO F2 Pro/Redmi K30 Pro [lmi/lmipro]

SebaUbuntu

Feb 28, 2019
Parma, Italy

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11.0 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions (Follow them carefully)
If you aren't on my previous LineageOS build:
- Install LOS recovery
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot reboot recovery
- Format data/cache with recovery
- Flash the ROM via ADB sideload (On recovery, Update > Update with ADB)
Code:
adb sideload <ROM filename>
- Flash Gapps/Magisk with ADB sideload (same procedure as before)
- Reboot

If you are on a LineageOS 18.1 build:
- Update regularly with adb sideload

Note that switching from prebuilt vebndor to OSS vendor may require a clean flash, no guarantees

What is working
- Booting
- Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth
- RIL (calling, SMS, mobile data, VoLTE) (dual SIM works)
- Audio
- Camera
- Camera motor
- Fingerprint on display
- NFC
- GPS
- Camera LED
- Automatic brightness
- USB (MTP, ADB, etc.)
- AOSP offline charging
- LiveDisplay
- DT2W
- Sensors (rotation, accelerometer, etc...)

Bugs
- SELinux permissive

Suggested firmware
V12.2.4.0.RJKMIXM
Full firmware: Here

Downloads
ROM
Recovery

Changelogs are on #2 post
Telegram channel for updates: Here
Telegram group for support: Here

Sources:
(MIUI prebuilt kernel is used)
Common device tree
lmi device tree
lmi prebuilt kernel
Common vendor blobs

Happy modding!

Last edited:

SebaUbuntu

Feb 28, 2019
Parma, Italy
Changelogs:

2021/02/22:
- February 2021 security patches
- Latest changes from LineageOS
- OSS vendor and odm are now included
- Notification LED is now fixed
- Minumum brightness too high has been fixed
- Status bar padding has been improved
- Fixed deep sleep issues
- Added LiveDisplay
- Fixed Bluetooth audio A2DP
- Added QTI thermal HIDL and mi_thermald
- Added DT2W
- Fixed Wi-Fi Display
- Added battery DRM service (should fix charging with stock charger)
- Fixed exfat mounting

2021/01/20:
- January 2021 security patches
- Restored doze settings
- Latest changes from LineageOS

2021/01/05:
- Kernel and blobs updated to V12.2.4.0.RJKMIXM
- Switched to AOSP BT stack

2020/12/16:
- First release

Last edited:

felipendc

Dec 11, 2019
Off-topic, but related to the topic:

Has Xiaomi already released the COMPLETE version of the kernel source code for Poco F2 Pro?
If not, does anyone have any idea about why?

felipendc

Dec 11, 2019
With Android 10 kernel sources Xiaomi did a mess
We're hoping for a not-so-broken kernel sources release for Android 11
I was wondering...

Whenever Xiaomi releases a new MIUI Stock Rom. Xiaomi's programmers compile the Rom and the Kernel using the Device's Kernel source code.

So, why doesn't Xiaomi release the Kernel's source code that they use to compile their own Poco F2 Pro Stock ROM? Simples as that. No mess, no problem, and no delays. I'm totally sure that the Poco F2 Pro Kernel source code they use for compiling the Stock MIUI Rom is a fully workable one and not a messy one.

Do you agree with this point of view?

Last edited:

Gingernut78

Sep 17, 2011
I was wondering...

Whenever Xiaomi releases a new MIUI Stock Rom. Xiaomi's programmers compile the Rom and the Kernel using the Device's Kernel source code.

So, why doesn't Xiaomi release the Kernel's source code that they use to compile their own Poco F2 Pro Stock ROM? Simples as that. No mess, no problem, and no delays. I'm totally sure that the Poco F2 Pro Kernel source code they use for compiling the Stock MIUI Rom is a fully workable one and not a messy one.

If they do it like that XDA developers will get to see all the dirty hacks they code into the kernel to spy on us.

SebaUbuntu

Feb 28, 2019
Parma, Italy
I was wondering...

They use different kernel sources, with full git history
When they release a kernel to the public, what they do is simply cloning CAF kernel, deleting everything and copying current kernel over it, then pushing it
So it may happen that some files aren't "uploaded" correctly with this method

trivi88

Jul 19, 2010
Hi, thank you very much for all your hard work.

Without testing it, I suppose that because of permissive selinux the NFC payment is not working yet, right?

Shished

Nov 8, 2016
Hi, thank you very much for all your hard work.

Without testing it, I suppose that because of permissive selinux the NFC payment is not working yet, right?
No, it works but you need to enable magisk hide and spoof the fingerprint with Magiskhide props config module.

trivi88

Jul 19, 2010
No, it works but you need to enable magisk hide and spoof the fingerprint with Magiskhide props config module.
Thanks for the answer.

I have been some time away from the ROMs world. Is magiskhide already a long term solution or is it possible to need regular updates whenever Google updates safetynet?

Shished

Nov 8, 2016
Thanks for the answer.

I have been some time away from the ROMs world. Is magiskhide already a long term solution or is it possible to need regular updates whenever Google updates safetynet?
Latest version of Magisk has support for Android11, so far there weren't much changes on the google's side so the development is rather slow.

Reactions: trivi88

trivi88

Jul 19, 2010
Latest version of Magisk has support for Android11, so far there weren't much changes on the google's side so the development is rather slow.
It doesn't work for me then, I normally don't wear my wallet with me and I use my phone for payments and as legal ID. I don't want to notice it is not working anymore when I'm trying to pay at the market.

I'll wait patiently until selinux is fixed.

erwan574

Sep 15, 2016
Hi all,

just to say i try this rom as a daily driver. I haven't tried gpay with nfc yet , but i will soon.
Deep sleep and battery seems good. Urnyx gcam works ok.

I am a long time LOS user and like the vanilla AOSP feeling.
I am ready to follow the updates by sideloading when they will come.

Reactions: trivi88