[ROM][OT-995]PAC rom [Paranoid + Aokp+ Cm10] - by BENETNATH

BENETNATH

Jan 7, 2011
As a usual disclaimer : THIS CAN KILL YOUR PHONE AND PERHAPS EVEN YOURSELF AND THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE

P A C ALL IN 1

DESCRIPTION
The struggle to find the rom you need is over. Some people like CyanogenMod 10, Some prefer AOKP, Some like the advantages of Paranoid Android
To cure your rom hunt we have come up with the P A C man Rom.
PACman is a unique rom.
We have picked the best features from CM10, Aokp and PA and combined them in a single rom so you get the experience you deserve
To enjoy the features of every available project without the hassle of flashing regularly.
The Rom is rock stable for an average user but keep in mind the Rom is in WIP stage so expect some minor hickups but we are trying our best to resolve these issues

DOWNLOAD
(updated on 09/27/2013)

Download beta 4.2.2 version modded by carlos (use approriate 10.1 gapps from h1n1

Add-On :

To add Paranoid settings, please flash this zip
see post #3 for explanations

CHANGELOG

[*]27/09/2013 - update with h1n1's work
[*]09/01/2013 - Battery stats works (need feedback on accuracy) - New bootanimation :)

[*]08/01/2013 - New build including governors and HW rendering (thanks Razielwolfy)
the release includes a kernel with new governors and has been supercharged (v6)

[*]07/01/2013 - Initial release (in OT-995 thread)

YOUR ATTENTION
  • You will not send Private Message for noobish questions
  • You will READ before asking
  • Feedbacks (positive or negative) must include the version you are using
  • NEVER ASK FOR ETA (especially by PM)
  • Donations are accepted and would be used to buy a dedicated phone for dev

STATUS - not sure if it's up-to-date

[+]
Boots :)
Wifi
bluetooth transfer
photo/camera
HW encoding and decoding
Paranoid android settings
charging
USB Mount (desinstall all alcatel drivers and one touch craps)
FM Radio (with spirit free app)
battery stats

[-]
amount of data used is not available in the settings
bluetooth audio (sound goes out the headset but is awful)
compass/magnetometer
hdmi (image goes out but is distorded)

[not tested]
tethering
profiles

SOURCES
THANKS TO
szl.kiev for sources of PAC rom
bagyusz
Cyanogenmod Team
Paranoid team
AOKP team
iuss
Razielwolfy
TioCareca
fonix232
all testers

Last edited:

BENETNATH

Jan 7, 2011
NOTES

- Gapps
Google let the source code available, but the google apps (google play, gmail, etc) must not be included in the rom. In order to really use your device, you must add them by flashing them.
Three possibility :
1) Multipack v3, allows to add 4.1 apps, but also to specify your gps region, change the launcher, the font etc.. flash it in the recovery, and use the touch menu from AROMA
2) 4.1.2 gapps : the complete and official gapps (85 Mo)
3) Minimal 4.1.2 gapps : the minimal version (11Mo)
4) use h1n1's gapps for CM10

- Paranoid add-on :
It adds the paranoid settings, with the possibility to specify plenty of settings per app, like the type of display (tablet/phone) the dpi etc.. It is really a great addition.
It is not included by default in the rom as molesarecoming and D4rKn3sSyS, the PA devs have asked not to implement their work in other ROM.
I would have continue to develop only PA if it was still maintained, but the Paranoid team split, with a new branch created AOSPA, which is not available and only developed on nexus. The old branch with CM stuff is not updated.
If the zip does not add, you can unzip it, take the apk and put it in /system/app, and chmod it 644.
That's why i took the decision to put the add-on, in order to benefit from these functions. But the members that deserves your gratitude are molesarecoming and D4rKn3sSyS.

- Backup and restore in recovery :
To make a working backup, please select the tar format in the backup menu of CWM 6.x.x. recovery. This one works well.

Last edited:

moomoon03

Oct 11, 2010
this rom is very great but it seem to be lagging in front of CM10
with the same app installed i have 59 mb free ram with PAC and i have around of 100mb free with cm10

BENETNATH

Jan 7, 2011
i've added some tweaks by hand on the last build, and they might not be so great, in addiiton of V6-supercharger
otherwise, just go back to the previous build, with the mods

Reactions: rmrajm1

Hylix

Nov 1, 2012
this rom is very great but it seem to be lagging in front of CM10
with the same app installed i have 59 mb free ram with PAC and i have around of 100mb free with cm10
Do remember that the free amount of ram you still have has nothing to do with how fast your phone is this is a common mistake people make!

The apps that stay in your RAM are staying there until you need RAM for another app and your device will automatically clear some idle apps to make space for the other app..

Then what is so great about this?
Well if you launch a app again which was still in the RAM memory it starts a lot faster. So basicly its pretty health for a device to be completely out of RAM :highfive:

For people who are interested in more read this article
http://www.rt-embedded.com/blog/archives/linux-memory-consumption/
(note that Android is based on linux for those who didn't know)

moomoon03

Oct 11, 2010
it is less reactuve than cm10 but it is the same as the previous build
i am sad because i prefer the look of pac like in menu or web browser
i can notice also strange scrolling in all JB roms

tumaini418

May 29, 2012
Ängelholm
it is less reactuve than cm10 but it is the same as the previous build
i am sad because i prefer the look of pac like in menu or web browser
i can notice also strange scrolling in all JB roms
Hmmm.... I'm about to flash the latest PAC build, but I'm using the first one now. I have to say that it's very smooth and fast and responsive on my phone. Matter of fact that's one thing that been a fact since the very first rom build Ben put out. Since just about all that have tried this rom don't have the same experience as you, maybe something happening during the flashing process or maybe even something running in the background is causing your glitches. Just a thought.

Sent from my OT-995 using xda premium

moomoon03

Oct 11, 2010
Hmmm.... I'm about to flash the latest PAC build, but I'm using the first one now. I have to say that it's very smooth and fast and responsive on my phone. Matter of fact that's one thing that been a fact since the very first rom build Ben put out. Since just about all that have tried this rom don't have the same experience as you, maybe something happening during the flashing process or maybe even something running in the background is causing your glitches. Just a thought.

i t s not the first time i flashed rom but i noticed on pac rom the running process parameter takes 40mb of ram

Hylix

Nov 1, 2012
Weird I had the opposite feeling with those roms.

CM10 felt very sluggish for me and looked like it had trouble running on my phone

PAC rom however runs smooth like a ICS rom would run its the best and fastest JB rom I have seen till now (although I haven't tried MIUI yet)

HoScHaKaL

Nov 1, 2011
Trabzon
here s antutu score :)

and ı cant make setting ui to 200 dpi m changed it to phone ui but ı cant set dpi bigger i want 200 dpi :( on pa setting its possible but on pac ıt s not possible :/

look here

Last edited:

tumaini418

May 29, 2012
Ängelholm
i t s not the first time i flashed rom but i noticed on pac rom the running process parameter takes 40mb of ram
Well all I can say is I'm using the Jan 8th release now. Smooth as glass. Extremely responsive. No lag,no stutter, no nothing to hinder navigating the rom. I have missed a few pages, so I'll ask if anyone else is reporting this issue.

aleksandar.1

Dec 18, 2011
i use the first release of pac rom for ot995, so far no problems. i do experience some lag, but it might be of apps installed (like viber, facebook and other apps that stay active even if screen is locked). i downloaded the today release, and i'm about to try it (saw v6 supercharge in changelog :) )