• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OTA][UNOFFICIAL] AOSiP Pie

Search This thread

MrColdbird

Nov 25, 2011
www.black-seraph.com
kronic2_222222-000000-2196f3.png

Code:
/*
 * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or any other messes you get yourself into.
 * I'm not your babysitter, your flash-guide nanny or your "do it for me" daddy. The usual copy-paste disclaimer applies:
 * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
 * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
 * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
 * Same statement for XDA.
 */

Ways to support / tip me :

What's working :
  • Boots
  • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
  • Fingerprint (FPC & Goodix)
  • Wi-Fi (2.4GHz & 5GHz)
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera (Camera2 API included)
  • Audio
  • Flash
  • Notification LED
  • VoLTE
  • GPS
  • IR Blaster
  • OTA
  • Probably more stuff I haven't tested.

Known issues:
  • The FM radio app can't output to speaker (yet)

Instructions :
  • Download the linked 9.6.27 firmware, latest build and OpenGApps (Micro suggested)
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash them: firmware first, build second, GApps third (Magisk fourth if you need it)
  • Reboot

Important notes :
  • If you intend to dirty-flash new builds make sure to first uninstall Substratum if you have it installed!
    Failure to do so will result in a black-screen (or other issues)!
    You've been warned.

Downloads :

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][OTA][UNOFFICIAL] AOSiP Pie, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Max 3

Contributors
MrColdbird, mario_R, afr30010
Source Code: https://github.com/Black-Seraph

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: 9.6.27

Version Information

Created 2019-05-25
Last Updated 2019-07-31

tisfomic

Jun 29, 2017
Any difference?

I have been following your gsi thread, do you believe there are some positives coming out of a normal non-gsi rom rather than your previous work?
Thank you by the way.

MrColdbird

Nov 25, 2011
www.black-seraph.com
I have been following your gsi thread, do you believe there are some positives coming out of a normal non-gsi rom rather than your previous work?
Thank you by the way.
It's smoother than GSIs, has no dual-sim issues (because we use the regular QTI IMS code from Qualcomm), it has better GPS support (because we use Qualcomm's IZAT & XTRA aided GPS service), etc.

I've even added a little kernel patch to the thing so that double-tap to wake can be cleanly toggled from the settings menu.

Overall: It's just a more pleasant experience.

EDIT: A new build is available.
This build fixes a few mixer_path (speaker call) and passive voice-detection (ok google) issues.

Last edited:

omer919

Nov 27, 2016
WOW! Good job!!
Thanks for creating this rom!

Just asking, Is the Vendor an aosp custom? or miui?

Germano1980

Aug 1, 2015
São Paulo
The fingerprint did not work for me either.

One question: after installing 9.5.16 firmware is there any problem revert to 10.3.1?

Last edited:

jngiag

Jul 19, 2009
System ui crash only in the first setting when enter in clock tab in aosip settings. It works fine after that.

The device is now certified in google play setting enabling some games which were previously not allowed in the previous gsi roms (device not certified) to be installed. Double-tap to wake works fine. Telecom voice seems to be clearer. Overall, it is smooth and fast. Thank you very much!

gal.sofrin

Sep 8, 2011
Seems like Samsung Wearables plugins don't install on this version (device is not compatible), have fp problem also. Everything else seems to run fine. Great work and effort. Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    kronic2_222222-000000-2196f3.png

Code:
    /*
     * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or any other messes you get yourself into.
     * I'm not your babysitter, your flash-guide nanny or your "do it for me" daddy. The usual copy-paste disclaimer applies:
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
     * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
     * Same statement for XDA.
     */

Ways to support / tip me :

What's working :
    • Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Fingerprint (FPC & Goodix)
    • Wi-Fi (2.4GHz & 5GHz)
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera (Camera2 API included)
    • Audio
    • Flash
    • Notification LED
    • VoLTE
    • GPS
    • IR Blaster
    • OTA
    • Probably more stuff I haven't tested.

Known issues:
    • The FM radio app can't output to speaker (yet)

Instructions :
    • Download the linked 9.6.27 firmware, latest build and OpenGApps (Micro suggested)
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash them: firmware first, build second, GApps third (Magisk fourth if you need it)
    • Reboot

Important notes :
    • If you intend to dirty-flash new builds make sure to first uninstall Substratum if you have it installed!
      Failure to do so will result in a black-screen (or other issues)!
      You've been warned.

Downloads :

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OTA][UNOFFICIAL] AOSiP Pie, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Max 3

Contributors
    MrColdbird, mario_R, afr30010
    Source Code: https://github.com/Black-Seraph

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 9.6.27

Version Information

Created 2019-05-25
    Last Updated 2019-07-31
    New build is up.
    • AOSiP sources updated
    • June Android Security Patch
    New build is up.
    • Copied MIUI's hwui properties (the touchscreen / scrolling is now a lot smoother)
    Thank you by the way.
    It's smoother than GSIs, has no dual-sim issues (because we use the regular QTI IMS code from Qualcomm), it has better GPS support (because we use Qualcomm's IZAT & XTRA aided GPS service), etc.

I've even added a little kernel patch to the thing so that double-tap to wake can be cleanly toggled from the settings menu.

Overall: It's just a more pleasant experience.

EDIT: A new build is available.
    This build fixes a few mixer_path (speaker call) and passive voice-detection (ok google) issues.
    New build available:
    • Switched to msm-4.4 rebased kernel
    • Temporarily removed cultivation & impulse governor (they will come back in a future build)
    • Added wireguard support to the kernel
    • Pulled in upstream AOSiP changes
    • Updated blobs, firmware & trustzone to their 9.6.5 MIUI equivalent

IMPORTANT: This build ups the firmware requirement from 9.5.16 to 9.6.5!
    A new firmware bundle has been added to the opening post.