[ROM][OTA][UNOFFICIAL] AOSiP Pie

AutumnOnFire

May 10, 2020
Got a question. For some reason, none of my ringtone aren't working. Whenever I get a call, it doesn't seem to have any noise coming from it and will only vibrate. Checked my settings and it's not on do not disturb, the volume slider is all the way up. Strangely, when I go to pick a ringtone, none of the options play any noise except one (Glass Bubble) and even so, when i select it, it doesn't make any noise. When I tried other apps to set a ringtone, they still don't work. Any fixes?

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2019
Got a question. For some reason, none of my ringtone aren't working. Whenever I get a call, it doesn't seem to have any noise coming from it and will only vibrate. Checked my settings and it's not on do not disturb, the volume slider is all the way up. Strangely, when I go to pick a ringtone, none of the options play any noise except one (Glass Bubble) and even so, when i select it, it doesn't make any noise. When I tried other apps to set a ringtone, they still don't work. Any fixes?
your problem sounds like hardware problem, so i cannot be specific. is it a codec problem, meaning some codecs are missing, try wav or ogg format.
i also noticed that aosip and others play all sounds through headphones if headphones are connected. are headphones connected? or is there a problem with headphones connector?

AutumnOnFire

May 10, 2020
your problem sounds like hardware problem, so i cannot be specific. is it a codec problem, meaning some codecs are missing, try wav or ogg format.
i also noticed that aosip and others play all sounds through headphones if headphones are connected. are headphones connected? or is there a problem with headphones connector?
So turns out, one ringtone works. Fortunately, my dad isn't picky so he's got a ringtone. Still, I suspect that it's a problem and I'm considering finding him another, more up to date phone to use.

magnamentis

Jul 30, 2013
Al-Ándalus
magnamentis.com
So turns out, one ringtone works. Fortunately, my dad isn't picky so he's got a ringtone. Still, I suspect that it's a problem and I'm considering finding him another, more up to date phone to use.
All 185 ringtones work on my phone.

As long as you first think it's the phones fault, chance for solution is basically zero.

There currently is no other phone of this kind with 18:9 aspect ratio, size etc. In case it doesn't matter, there are indeed way better phones for the money as far as other criteria are concerned while, as said, as far as display size, aspect ratio, rootability etc are concerned there was no successor proper.

MAHARSON

Jul 13, 2014
Device boots in Fastboot

i am in weird situation. i tried both AOSiP-9.0-Pizza-nitrogen-20200125 & AOSiP-9.0-Pizza-nitrogen-20200104. Followed all the steps. -> Using Orangefox recovery formatted (data) in partition section, then wiped data, cache, delvik cache, Internal storage. and then flashed Firmware (fw_nitrogen_miui_MIMAX3_9.12.26_72dac7c8cd_10.0) & Rom AOSiP-9.0-Pizza-nitrogen-20200125. after that my device boots in Fastboot mode. Tried 10 times but cant figure out what i am doing wrong.

magnamentis

Jul 30, 2013
Al-Ándalus
magnamentis.com
i am in weird situation. i tried both AOSiP-9.0-Pizza-nitrogen-20200125 & AOSiP-9.0-Pizza-nitrogen-20200104. Followed all the steps. -> Using Orangefox recovery formatted (data) in partition section, then wiped data, cache, delvik cache, Internal storage. and then flashed Firmware (fw_nitrogen_miui_MIMAX3_9.12.26_72dac7c8cd_10.0) & Rom AOSiP-9.0-Pizza-nitrogen-20200125. after that my device boots in Fastboot mode. Tried 10 times but cant figure out what i am doing wrong.
Once you're in fastboot mode instead of system, is recover still there ?

Even though you mantion quite well what you did, if your really did all the wiping you wipe too much for sure.

On first glance all looks well what you did but i suspect you could eventually wipe your recovery again with all the wiping.

Once you formatted data you won't have to wipe anything again while art/dalvik wipes never hurt.

Also make sure that after you flash FOX, that you first before anything else reboot from Fox into recover (fox) to make sure it sticks.

That said, you are usiing the right rom, firmware and recover as far as i can see hence it should work and the reaon for your issues are probably a big "Aha.... " once resolved ;)

landsome

May 4, 2015
How are brightness and auto brightness on this ROM? Specifically, does minimum brightness go as low as on stock? And does auto brightness work reliably? Thanks.

hassan216

Apr 22, 2013
Hello guys
Can anyone write to me a specific steps on how to flash this rom from scratch.
Iam currently on miui 12 with bootloader locked
After i unlock the bootloader can anyone give me steps exactly what should i do?

landsome

May 4, 2015
Hello!

Download all pieces in OP
Save all your data
Unlock
Install custom recovery following steps here or here
Reboot into recovery
Wipe data, system, cache
Install the FW (you find latest version here)
Install ROM (latest)
Install OpenGApps if needed (I recommend nano)
If needed, install Magisk
Wipe cache
Reboot
On booting you might be asked for a PIN to decrypt; if so, follow steps here

Reactions: hassan216

hassan216

Apr 22, 2013
Hello!

Download all pieces in OP
Save all your data
Unlock
Install custom recovery following steps here or here
Reboot into recovery
Wipe data, system, cache
Install the FW (you find latest version here)
Install ROM (latest)
Install OpenGApps if needed (I recommend nano)
If needed, install Magisk
Wipe cache
Reboot
On booting you might be asked for a PIN to decrypt; if so, follow steps here
Thank you very very much
Iwill try today and see
Last question i dont have to worry about arb anti rollback as i am using a custom rom right?

landsome

May 4, 2015
On Magisk 21.2 without any issues, zero nilch, how comes you make such posts?

Considering the possibility that there is something to it you would certainly have to mention
the issues you have in mind as well as your approx. use case.
I said SUGGEST the older version; and there MAY be problems.

My daily driver is a Sony XZ1 Compact (I have one very compact and one very large phone) and there are problems with people running LineageOS 17.1 who updated to the new Magisk. You can read about it here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...l-1-7-update-2020-12-17.4047763/post-84280637

So I recommended caution. You said it works on MM3. Great. I don't see where the problem is.

hassan216

Apr 22, 2013
Right

Btw, I suggest magisk 20.4. The most recent one, 21.2,just released, may have issues.
I have another question
Iwent to the link you provided to install orangefox recovery
In the steps they mentioned idont know what 3rd step is?
Reboot to your custom twrp based recovery
This means i have to install a custom recovery before i install orangefox recovery or i am missing something?

INSTALLATION:
0. Backup your ROM, your data, your internal storage, and your settings/apps, to an external device
1. Download the OrangeFox zip file to your device
2. Reboot to your custom TWRP-based Recovery
3. Install the OrangeFox zip file as a normal zip
4. The device will automatically reboot into OrangeFox recovery after installation (allow this to happen)
5. Enjoy!

landsome

May 4, 2015
I have another question
Iwent to the link you provided to install orangefox recovery
In the steps they mentioned idont know what 3rd step is?
Reboot to your custom twrp based recovery
This means i have to install a custom recovery before i install orangefox recovery or i am missing something?

INSTALLATION:
0. Backup your ROM, your data, your internal storage, and your settings/apps, to an external device
1. Download the OrangeFox zip file to your device
2. Reboot to your custom TWRP-based Recovery
3. Install the OrangeFox zip file as a normal zip
4. The device will automatically reboot into OrangeFox recovery after installation (allow this to happen)
5. Enjoy!
Yes, I installed Orange from TWRP. You'll find it easily on this forum (so not choose the version from twrp website).

sakoula

Feb 3, 2014
Hi there,

I have been in Xiaomi EU Android 8.1 Miui 10 (xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMAX3_8.8.9_v10-8.1) since I got the phone and postponing of updating to any newer until now. Looking into the site I eventually decided to go with 'AOSiP Pie'. So my configuration is:

1. TWRP twrp-3.5.0_9-0-nitrogen.img
2. FW 9.12.26/10/China which was referenced on github
3. ROM AOSIP AOSiP-9.0-Pizza-nitrogen-20200125.zip
4. opengapps (ARM64/9.0/mini)

Before flashing anything I went to TWRP and Wiped Dalvik/Cache/System/Data.

Then I flashed FW,ROM and GAPPS and rebooted (I opted out of magisk). Once on the OS I installed NGCam_7.4.104-v2.0 which is not relevant anyway.

In general I am really impressed! I should have installed it earlier! However I have 2 issues:

1. I changed display size to small from default (Preferences > Display > Display Size > small). Once I did this the User Interface of the phone became very very slow to the point is not usable (opening apps from the notifications takes many many seconds). I assume that it has to do with scaling the screen and it is done using CPU/GPU power. Is this something that you are experiencing as well or is it something else I have to look into? So this problem is not related to the resize. Randomly the phone becomes very slow. Then after interacting with it for a minute or so it becomes usable again. Does it have to do with some power saving profile? Do you have similar experiences?

2. When rebooting the phone when it goes through the animated logo it freezes for some seconds and then it reboots again. Eventually the phone will boot normally but sometimes it takes up to to 5 reboots to get to the OS. Is this also something that you are experiencing too?

Can you point me to any link how to read the Android OS logs and get some more input on these problems?

Thanks for reading my post!

Last edited:

gtezprado

Nov 9, 2009
general I am really impressed! I should have installed it earlier! However I have 2 issues:

1. I changed display size to small from default (Preferences > Display > Display Size > small). Once I did this the User Interface of the phone became very very slow to the point is not usable (opening apps from the notifications takes many many seconds). I assume that it has to do with scaling the screen and it is done using CPU/GPU power. Is this something that you are experiencing as well or is it something else I have to look into? So this problem is not related to the resize. Randomly the phone becomes very slow. Then after interacting with it for a minute or so it becomes usable again. Does it have to do with some power saving profile? Do you have similar experiences?
I have been on AOSiP since it arrived, and is the best ROM so far, sadly there is no more development on AOSP ROMs...
About your issues I havent experienced them. For the first one I guess it is related to power saving. If your phone is rooted maybe you can try installing Kernel Adiutor and check your governor, change it to interactive, for example. There is another option to boost the cores for up to 5 seconds. Try it too.
I am using AFR kernel.

magnamentis

Jul 30, 2013
Al-Ándalus
magnamentis.com
Hi there,

I have been in Xiaomi EU Android 8.1 Miui 10 (xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMAX3_8.8.9_v10-8.1) since I got the phone and postponing of updating to any newer until now. Looking into the site I eventually decided to go with 'AOSiP Pie'. So my configuration is:

1. TWRP twrp-3.5.0_9-0-nitrogen.img
2. FW 9.12.26/10/China which was referenced on github
3. ROM AOSIP AOSiP-9.0-Pizza-nitrogen-20200125.zip
4. opengapps (ARM64/9.0/mini)

Before flashing anything I went to TWRP and Wiped Dalvik/Cache/System/Data.

Then I flashed FW,ROM and GAPPS and rebooted (I opted out of magisk). Once on the OS I installed NGCam_7.4.104-v2.0 which is not relevant anyway.

In general I am really impressed! I should have installed it earlier! However I have 2 issues:

2. When rebooting the phone when it goes through the animated logo it freezes for some seconds and then it reboots again. Eventually the phone will boot normally but sometimes it takes up to to 5 reboots to get to the OS. Is this also something that you are experiencing too?

Can you point me to any link how to read the Android OS logs and get some more input on these problems?

Thanks for reading my post!
In case that you're using an external sd-card and don't need it absolutely, remove it and the laggs will be mostly or totally gone.

As to the boot thingy, depending on your setup that's how it is but not worth for me to follow up, it always boots, just needs anything between 1 and 3 approaches in my case that don't bother me enough to start a lengthy troubleshooting process.

Certainly it has something to do with the setup because the naked rom on first firmware when it came out does not have that issue, (I have a nandroid of that which is why i know) hence it's userspace but bearable.

sakoula

Feb 3, 2014
@gtezprado and @magnamentis thanks for your answers!

Yes AOSIP ROM is simply amazing. I did not know why I have not installed it earlier!

Indeed I have an external sd card on the phone, but unfortunately I need it. Before reading your answer I tried and flashed AFRKernel (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/kernel-aosp-27-01-2020-afrkernel.3941398/) which made the lag disappear! I am not sure why but I am very happy.

Regarding the boot thing, I can live with it since it does not affect anything else!

BTW I have not rooted my phone. I think I will not do it.

Last question, can you recommend a gcam that works on this configuration? And where to download it from? I would like to avoid also downloading some obscure apk build from some google drive folder of a user.

Thanks again!

Reactions: magnamentis

magnamentis

Jul 30, 2013
Al-Ándalus
magnamentis.com