• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OTA][UNOFFICIAL] crDroid v5.7

Search This thread
Build author not me, build author is MrColdbird (Thanks to him!)​

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!

BE3pE0l.png

Features
Click for feature list

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!

DOWNLOAD ROM

DOWNLOAD NEEDED FIRMWARE 9.6.27

DOWNLOAD GAPPS

crDroid Telegram Discussion Group - https://t.me/crdroidandroid
Xiaomi Mi Max 3 Telegram Discussion Group - https://t.me/mimax3global

First time installing crDroid to your Mi Max 3, or coming from another ROM:

** Make sure you're running the latest TWRP Recovery
1) Copy crDroid zip, Firmware zip, gapps zip
2) Boot into Recovery
3) Wipe cache, system, & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
4) Flash Firmware
5) Flash ROM
6) Flash gapps
7) Boot up

For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk XX.x (whatever is most recent).

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

KNOWN ISSUES
- The FM radio app can't output to speaker (yet)
- Tell me

Don't expect any support if you:
- are not running the included kernel
- have installed any mods such as Xposed!
- have modified system files

Thanks to:

- Google
- LineageOS
- SlimRoms
- AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
- OmniRom
- NamelessROM
- Many others... (if you're feeling upset being out of the thanks list just send a PM )

Sources:
Device Tree - https://github.com/Black-Seraph/device_xiaomi_nitrogen
ROM - https:/github.com/crdroidandroid

XDA:DevDB Information
crDroid Android, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Max 3

Contributors
Nikitel, MrColdbird, Skyllery, mario_R, afr30010
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Firmware 9.6.27
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 5.7
Stable Release Date: 2019-08-19

Created 2019-07-04
Last Updated 2019-08-25

Skyllery

Last edited:

GEoMaNTiK

Jan 10, 2010
Huawei Watch
So I've been using Xiaomi.eu since buying the Mi Max 3... Is it worth the hassle installing the stable rom and then over to crDroid?

Are their any negatives with crDroid when compared to Xiaomi.eu?

Skyllery

So I've been using Xiaomi.eu since buying the Mi Max 3... Is it worth the hassle installing the stable rom and then over to crDroid?

Are their any negatives with crDroid when compared to Xiaomi.eu?

Only thing you need if you're on xiaomi.eu is wiping, flashing firmware then the ROM and gapps if needed. I recommend you to use orangefox for the process.

In my opinion (from someone who hates miui) there's no negatives aspects. You'll got miui camera thanks to BlackSeraph work. Battery backup is almost the same. But if you don't like it you still can do the same in other way for returning to xiaomi.eu.

The question is do you need something on miui ? Everything else and even more is also on crdroid.

Regards

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using XDA Labs

Reactions: GEoMaNTiK

GEoMaNTiK

Jan 10, 2010
Huawei Watch
Only thing you need if you're on xiaomi.eu is wiping, flashing firmware then the ROM and gapps if needed. I recommend you to use orangefox for the process.

In my opinion (from someone who hates miui) there's no negatives aspects. You'll got miui camera thanks to BlackSeraph work. Battery backup is almost the same. But if you don't like it you still can do the same in other way for returning to xiaomi.eu.

The question is do you need something on miui ? Everything else and even more is also on crdroid.

Regards

Thanks man, you make it sound easy and worthwhile to check it out, at least.

I've been using orangefox for a bit and have been using it for the weekly xiaomi.eu builds.

With the wiping, which options do I choose?
Flashing the firmware, would this be the latest release?

Then what about each crDroid release, do I just wipe Caches & Delvic Cache prior to flashing and after crDroid flash?

Skyllery

Thanks man, you make it sound easy and worthwhile to check it out, at least.

I've been using orangefox for a bit and have been using it for the weekly xiaomi.eu builds.

With the wiping, which options do I choose?
Flashing the firmware, would this be the latest release?

Then what about each crDroid release, do I just wipe Caches & Delvic Cache prior to flashing and after crDroid flash?

Everything is written in the OP for installations steps. BlackSeraph does not need to update the firmware yet.

Next update will be by BlackSeraph (the main dev) and will include OTA. so yes next will be flashable and wipe dalvik and cache .. and then will be directly inside OTA app.

Regards

Reactions: GEoMaNTiK

GEoMaNTiK

Jan 10, 2010
Huawei Watch
Why? OTA is only a bit easier for updates...I would change as soon as possible...crDroid is so much better then MIUI!!! Next update with ota flash over last version...ready!

Probably just thinking along the lines of.. no issues ever with Xiaomi.eu, regular weekly builds updated easily and latest Pie features..

The other point, after flashing my old Mi Max 2, it's call performance was never the same after flashing away from stock, with echo issues etc.

Just one more question, how is battery Performance of crDroid and do I need to flash any other kernels for better battery life?

L_e_x_t_e_r

May 21, 2019
Probably just thinking along the lines of.. no issues ever with Xiaomi.eu, regular weekly builds updated easily and latest Pie features..

The other point, after flashing my old Mi Max 2, it's call performance was never the same after flashing away from stock, with echo issues etc.

Just one more question, how is battery Performance of crDroid and do I need to flash any other kernels for better battery life?
There are no bugs like echo in calls etc. You don't have to flash extra kernel, all working perfect. Battery is as good as MIUI, for me and my apps better than MIUI! The most important thing for me to change to this ROM was my privacy!!! Read about MIUI-daemon etc....

GEoMaNTiK

Jan 10, 2010
Huawei Watch
Still haven't pulled the trigger.. but wanting to.

Okay, so the main page says wipe cache, system and data..

Are there any problems wiping the internal storage, to clean up any old rogue files and folders from previous xiaomi.eu and program installs?

Top Liked Posts