[ROM] OxygenOS Open Beta 9 (Nougat) Update and Installation!!

Search This thread

Giocarro

Dec 11, 2012
adb sideload from TWRP advanced section or use modified TWRP .22 which is able to decrypt

Thanks mate, your drove me in the right direction:
1) tried to fing .22 TWRP recovery without luck;
2) tried to root with adb sideloading SuperSU (following this procedure): sideload completed but SuperSU application "No binary installed" alert;
3) tried to root with adb sideloading PHH SuperUser: SUCCESS!!!

Last edited:

SamuelBegui

Jan 27, 2015
/home/coolbeans/
I've been looking everywhere and can't seem to find an answer. Can anyone decrypt their data in the modified TWRP v3.0.2-1.28 on OB9? For some reason, no matter what I can't seem to decrypt my data on the latest modified TWRP.

Read here that 3.0.2-22 should work. Going to try that out.

Last edited:

SamuelBegui

Jan 27, 2015
/home/coolbeans/
I tried this out for myself and twrp 3.0.2-22 does not decrypt my data on OB9. I clean flashed OB9 and then went through the setup screen. I did not setup any password, then rebooting into recovery (3.0.2-22) TWRP asks for a passcode even though none was set in the ROM itself. Entering any of the old passcodes I've ever used does not work either. Entering the default 0000 doesn't work. TWRP 3.0.2-22 or the latest modified version does not seem to work with CB9 in terms of decrypting data. I've tried everything, very disappointed but I guess we'll just have to wait until the source is released.

mat7bit

May 4, 2010
Does anybody have an annoying graphic glitch with nova launcher? When I press the home button, I get first a black screen (it's quick, about 0.5 s), and only after that the home screen...

Funk Wizard

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2014
New Delhi
OnePlus 12
Does anybody have an annoying graphic glitch with nova launcher? When I press the home button, I get first a black screen (it's quick, about 0.5 s), and only after that the home screen...
No such issue here with Nova just make sure you are not use any double tap or long press home function as it can interfere with multiple actions and thus cause a delay.

Sent from Funk Tuned 3T

rajk.op3

Dec 20, 2016
Not getting the manual option under system update

Installation Methods

Before we start:This method is only for the OnePlus 3

Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. I am not responsible for any damage to your device, please ensure that your device is at least 60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the update process.

Downloads:
Beta 9 Full Zip Official Download
Compatible Stock Recovery

********************* For Stock Non Rooted Users with Stock Recovery *****************

1. Download the appropriate OTA/Full Zip from above link and place it in the root folder.

2. Navigate to Settings > System Updates > Settings Icon > Local Upgrade & Select the OTA File

3. Once selected system would prompt upgrade now

4. Select upgrade now and system would reboot in stock recovery and flash the OTA

5. The installer would itself flash the OTA and reboot the device.

The Device will reboot and your OnePlus 3 is now running on the latest OxygenOS firmware & OS.

PS: The first boot may take some time so keep calm and wait for it to boot.
* After flash is successful go back to recovery and a wipe of cache is recommended.
* If in any case flash is unsuccessful the system would prompt you to download the full 1.4GB zip. So download that and follow the same process as above.

************************ For Rooted Users with TWRP Recovery ************************

Download Beta 9 Full Zip

1. Download the Beta 9 Full Zip on your phone internal memory.

2. Download the Latest SuperSU SR5

4. Reboot To TWRP (Modified 28) & Take a Nandroid of your existing ROM

5. Go to Wipe > Advance Wipe > Select Dalvik & Cache & Swipe to Wipe

6. Install Menu > Select Beta 9 Rom Zip > Swipe to Flash

7. Wipe Dalvik & Cache

8. Flash SuperSU to maintain root

9. Reboot System and Enjoy the Beta 9 Update

* Do not flash Xposed as not compatible with 7.0 builds yet
If you come from a custom rom, i recommend a clean flash and make sure you use the modified TWRP 3.0.2-1.28 as the official one is incompatible with the CB firmware yet.

PS: The first boot may take some time so keep calm and wait for it to boot and the system would boot twice due to flash of supersu so keep calm ;)

PS: Rooted users may either flash the full Beta 9 Zip or they need to flash the previous full zip beta 8 first to overwrite system partition followed by the relevant Beta 9 OTA zip for a successful flash else just the OTA flash would fail with error 7 in TWRP

I'm running latest OOS3.2.8, I'm not getting the option like mentioned in step 2...
2. Navigate to Settings > System Updates > Settings Icon > Local Upgrade & Select the OTA File

it automatically checks for OTA update and says its upto date. Not having an option to select the downloaded OTA file. Pls help.

Funk Wizard

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2014
New Delhi
OnePlus 12
I'm running latest OOS3.2.8, I'm not getting the option like mentioned in step 2...

it automatically checks for OTA update and says its upto date. Not having an option to select the downloaded OTA file. Pls help.

Manual option is onky available on recovery 2.0 which is available with community builds.
If you are on the official build you can either sideload via ADB or flash via twrp

Iceax123

Oct 26, 2012
Cheshire, Uk
So after a clean install over the wekened i have just managed 1day 19hours off charge - with 3 hours SOT. Im happy with that for the time being.

A

Giocarro

Dec 11, 2012
@Funk Wizard, do you know whether future official Community Beta OTAs will be downloaded and installed correctly with stock recovery but unlocked bootloader?
I mean: does unlocked bootloader breaks the OTA mechanism?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone,

We appreciate everyone’s feedback from the OxygenOS Open Beta 8. With your help, we have optimized and improved several key areas.

The changes include:
    Added Expanded Screenshots
    Shelf Design Optimizations
    General UI Optimizations
    DPI Optimizations
    Battery Performance Optimizations
    Stability and Performance Optimizations
    General bug fixes

Please visit the download page here:
    http://downloads.oneplus.net/oneplus-3/oneplus_3_oxygenos_openbeta_9/

If you’ve already flashed a previous Open Beta build, you will receive this update via OTA. If you haven’t, you will need to flash this build by ADB sideload. Your data may transfer, but there is always a possibility of losing personal data, so be sure to backup all of your important data before flashing this build. As stated before, once you flash the Open Beta, you’ll continue getting Open Beta OTAs.

Please follow the link below for the UI/UX experience survey. We’d really appreciate a few minutes of your time, as it will help us make OxygenOS even better. One last thing: this is a limited program, so we may disable this download link once we receive enough feedback.

- Feedback on UI/UX: https://goo.gl/forms/hEqMPq9U9QNrxvhc2

Note: If you flash this Open Beta build, you’ll receive Open Beta OTAs (but not official OTAs). You’ll need to manually (clean) flash back to our official builds to continue receiving official OTAs. Rolling back to official OxygenOS versions require wiping data and cache.

Thank you for your patience and as always, we look forward to hearing your continued feedback in the bug reporting forum here: https://forums.oneplus.net/feedback/.

Thank you for helping us build a better OxygenOS.

Never settle.
    Ok guys so to inform and guide once for all ;)

I was one modded Open_Beta 8 then one from this thread:
    http://xdaforums.com/oneplus-3/how-to/guide-how-to-flash-3-5-4-cb-breaking-t3482572

Steps that I've made to install beta 9 without any problems:

1.Boot into TWRP (turn off phone and boot with Power + Volume Up
    2. Full Nandroid Backup
    3. Wipe Cache/dalvik, Cache
    4. Flash Full ZIP from oneplus site: http://downloads.oneplus.net/oneplus-3/oneplus_3_oxygenos_openbeta_9/
    5. Wipe cache/dalvik
    6. Flash TWRP (to avoid TWRP being overwritten by stock recovery)
    7. Reboot into TWRP (from twrp reboot settings)
    8. Flash SuperSU 2.78-SR5
    9. Reboot system

After this reboot is going to perform twice (normal when flashing SuperSU)
    Now I'm on Open beta 9 and everything is working like a charm :)

Good luck!
    And that's the news we all expected but didn't want to hear.

But hey, I'm quite happy with the OB9. 😊
    Honestly testing is still going on and we are 3 builds ahead of beta 9 but there are general bug fixes and no considerate additions to be excited about.

I personally don't care too much about 7.0 builds as I feel better of on MM builds as you have Xposed and I always get better battery life on MM builds in comparison to N builds but even thats not a deal breaker as we have dash charge so always helps.

As of now OP is trying to make a stable unified platform for both 3 and 3T devices and one solid build to support both the devices. Once N for 3T is out, hopefully the builds would be united.

Sent from Funk Tuned 3T
    Installation Methods

Before we start:This method is only for the OnePlus 3

Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. I am not responsible for any damage to your device, please ensure that your device is at least 60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the update process.

Downloads:
    Beta 9 Full Zip Official Download
    Compatible Stock Recovery

********************* For Stock Non Rooted Users with Stock Recovery *****************

1. Download the appropriate OTA/Full Zip from above link and place it in the root folder.

3. Once selected system would prompt upgrade now

4. Select upgrade now and system would reboot in stock recovery and flash the OTA

5. The installer would itself flash the OTA and reboot the device.

The Device will reboot and your OnePlus 3 is now running on the latest OxygenOS firmware & OS.

PS: The first boot may take some time so keep calm and wait for it to boot.
    * After flash is successful go back to recovery and a wipe of cache is recommended.
    * If in any case flash is unsuccessful the system would prompt you to download the full 1.4GB zip. So download that and follow the same process as above.

************************ For Rooted Users with TWRP Recovery ************************

Download Beta 9 Full Zip

1. Download the Beta 9 Full Zip on your phone internal memory.

2. Download the Latest SuperSU SR5

4. Reboot To TWRP (Modified 28) & Take a Nandroid of your existing ROM

5. Go to Wipe > Advance Wipe > Select Dalvik & Cache & Swipe to Wipe

6. Install Menu > Select Beta 9 Rom Zip > Swipe to Flash

7. Wipe Dalvik & Cache

8. Flash SuperSU to maintain root

9. Reboot System and Enjoy the Beta 9 Update

* Do not flash Xposed as not compatible with 7.0 builds yet
    If you come from a custom rom, i recommend a clean flash and make sure you use the modified TWRP 3.0.2-1.28 as the official one is incompatible with the CB firmware yet.

PS: The first boot may take some time so keep calm and wait for it to boot and the system would boot twice due to flash of supersu so keep calm ;)

PS: Rooted users may either flash the full Beta 9 Zip or they need to flash the previous full zip beta 8 first to overwrite system partition followed by the relevant Beta 9 OTA zip for a successful flash else just the OTA flash would fail with error 7 in TWRP