Tehran
erfanoabdi.github.io
Android-P.png

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */
Android "P" is the upcoming ninth major version of the Android operating system. It was first announced by Google on March 7, 2018, and the first developer preview was released on the same day. The second developer preview is expected to be released at the next Google I/O developer conference.

this ROM is ported from Android P-DP1 of Google Pixel XL (marlin) thanks to project treble
Check Out : https://www.xda-developers.com/motorola-moto-z-android-p/

Working :
  • RIL
  • Camera both with flash
  • WIFI
  • BT
  • Audio
  • NFC
  • GPS

Not Working :
  • Google Camera
  • Flashlight toggle
  • Encryption

Instructions :
  • Download the latest ROM
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash Rom ZIP
  • Reboot

Downloads :

Notes :
  • Only Battery Mod Support (no Efficiency)
  • Only Clean Installation Please
  • Bug Report Without logs means nothing

Reporting Bugs :
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Sources :

XDA:DevDB Information
Android P for Griffin, ROM for the Moto Z

Contributors
erfanoabdi
ROM OS Version: 2.3.x Gingerbread
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2018-05-06
Last Updated 2018-05-22

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180505-220108.png
    Screenshot_20180505-220108.png
    144.7 KB · Views: 17,765
  • Screenshot_20180505-220125.png
    Screenshot_20180505-220125.png
    184.5 KB · Views: 17,635
Last edited:

erfanoabdi

Recognized Developer
Jan 3, 2015
Tehran
erfanoabdi.github.io
Installation Guide for encrypted devices

Since we don't have complete source code of P it's not supporting encryption yet
but here is the installation guide :
  1. install rom just like mentioned above Post
  2. reboot to bootloader
  3. make sure you have ADB and Fastboot with drivers
  4. enter "fastboot -w" in cmd/terminal : this will wipe all userdata partition

Fix for google play (updating and ...) thanks to @MrAnDLee : Post #20

Last edited:

ethanscooter

Jun 21, 2014
Somewhere out there.
This is absolutely incredible. Is it possible for you to port ROMs from other actual OEMs (Samsung, LG, etc) with this semi-working treble thing you have going here? That would be incredible. Only asking because this ROM has the entire Pixel XL experience working along with it.

lesbianu

Jul 16, 2013
Bucharest
Followed the instructions, but it's stuck at the boot logo (one with the G and loading line under). When I entered "fastboot -w" from the bootloader I lost all the data from the phone, had to re-flash it using the firmware file (GRIFFIN_OPL27.76-51_cid50). :eek:
Any alternative to remove encryption? Thanks in advance!

Managed to remove encryption from TWRP, after that the ROM installed successfully. Unfortunately, the SIM it's not working... Hope that it will be fixed on the next updates. @erfanoabdi Thanks for your work! :)

Last edited:

MrBr1ckfy

Apr 26, 2016
São Paulo
Followed the instructions, but it's stuck at the boot logo (one with the G and loading line under). When I entered "fastboot -w" from the bootloader I lost all the data from the phone, had to re-flash it using the firmware file (GRIFFIN_OPL27.76-51_cid50). :eek:

Managed to remove encryption from TWRP, after that the ROM installed successfully. Unfortunately, the SIM it's not working... Hope that it will be fixed on the next updates. @erfanoabdi Thanks for your work! :)

I'm on Official Oreo, how did you do to flash this ROM?

Could you rollback to Official Oreo after this?

lesbianu

Jul 16, 2013
Bucharest
In TWRP/Wipe I did a Format Data. Got some errors, but rebooted to the TWRP few times until it worked. Before installing the Android P port, I wiped also Dalvik/ART Cache, System, Data and Cache partitions. Finally I installed the ROM using erfanoabdi's instructions from the first post of this topic.
Because my SIM was not working, I returned to Oreo flashing the GRIFFIN_OPL27.76-51_cid50_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip firmware (without re-locking the bootloader). At the moment I will remain on stock ROM with root waiting for an update from @erfanoabdi.

After returning to stock Oreo I had problems installing Magisk, but I fixed it somehow (you can read about it here).

Reactions: MrBr1ckfy

MrBr1ckfy

Apr 26, 2016
São Paulo
In TWRP/Wipe I did a Format Data. Got some errors, but rebooted to the TWRP few times until it worked. Before installing the Android P port, I wiped also Dalvik/ART Cache, System, Data and Cache partitions. Finally I installed the ROM using erfanoabdi's instructions from the first post of this topic.
Because my SIM was not working, I returned to Oreo flashing the GRIFFIN_OPL27.76-51_cid50_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip firmware (without re-locking the bootloader). At the moment I will remain on stock ROM with root waiting for an update from @erfanoabdi.

After returning to stock Oreo I had problems installing Magisk, but I fixed it somehow (you can read about it here).

That's ok! Thanks.
I'll try later. I don't use Magisk in official update, so I guess I will have any problem.

Reactions: lesbianu

MrAnDLee

May 14, 2017

I installed, but RIL is not working here.
Alongside with this, I waited about 2 hours the Android System Update finish, but no success.

Disable Google play services,then download and install the lastest services (you can find it on www.apkmirror.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android-P.png

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */
    Android "P" is the upcoming ninth major version of the Android operating system. It was first announced by Google on March 7, 2018, and the first developer preview was released on the same day. The second developer preview is expected to be released at the next Google I/O developer conference.

this ROM is ported from Android P-DP1 of Google Pixel XL (marlin) thanks to project treble
    Check Out : https://www.xda-developers.com/motorola-moto-z-android-p/

Working :
    • RIL
    • Camera both with flash
    • WIFI
    • BT
    • Audio
    • NFC
    • GPS

Not Working :
    • Google Camera
    • Flashlight toggle
    • Encryption

Instructions :
    • Download the latest ROM
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash Rom ZIP
    • Reboot

Downloads :

Notes :
    • Only Battery Mod Support (no Efficiency)
    • Only Clean Installation Please
    • Bug Report Without logs means nothing

Reporting Bugs :
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Sources :

XDA:DevDB Information
    Android P for Griffin, ROM for the Moto Z

Contributors
    erfanoabdi
    ROM OS Version: 2.3.x Gingerbread
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2018-05-06
    Last Updated 2018-05-22
    New Developer Preview 2
    is out https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=818222786056030312

* easy flashing -> just flash this on TWRP
    * fixed both simcards and any RIL bugs
    * updated to P-DP2
    * google camera is broken use opencamera or ...
    * stable enough for me :D
    Hey guys, i decided to skip dp5, it's not really a new thing
    And we're not far from real P
    I'll port the P as soon as gets out

Thanks
    https://mega.nz/#!KdZW2YQT!guaHScFNKIAm6uTyMQfR2Te7eHUUEzvk_ZjCRTX7OHA

Dp4 is out

Same old bugs : flashlight
    VoLTE
    (Need reinstall google play services from app mirror)

Enjoy
    Installation Guide for encrypted devices

Since we don't have complete source code of P it's not supporting encryption yet
    but here is the installation guide :
    1. install rom just like mentioned above Post
    2. reboot to bootloader
    3. make sure you have ADB and Fastboot with drivers
    4. enter "fastboot -w" in cmd/terminal : this will wipe all userdata partition

Fix for google play (updating and ...) thanks to @MrAnDLee : Post #20