[ROM][P][PORTED] Android P Developer Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
Jul 13, 2014
In TWRP/Wipe I did a Format Data. Got some errors, but rebooted to the TWRP few times until it worked. Before installing the Android P port, I wiped also Dalvik/ART Cache, System, Data and Cache partitions. Finally I installed the ROM using erfanoabdi's instructions from the first post of this topic.
Because my SIM was not working, I returned to Oreo flashing the GRIFFIN_OPL27.76-51_cid50_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip firmware (without re-locking the bootloader). At the moment I will remain on stock ROM with root waiting for an update from @erfanoabdi.

After returning to stock Oreo I had problems installing Magisk, but I fixed it somehow (you can read about it here).

@lesbianu how did you roll back to 8.0? Is there anything I should watch out for?

lesbianu

Jul 16, 2013
Bucharest
Each time I flashed GRIFFIN_OPL27.76-51_cid50_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip. After a while I also updated via OTA to the latest OPLS27.76-51-5 (May security patch). I explained the steps here.

Reactions: cristiano.elias

petrena

Nov 27, 2013
Yes, I'm using Open Camera. I installed Moto Camera too but then I noticed the front camera wasn't showing in settings... Then I tried Open Camera but it didn't work either...:crying:

Clear Data/cache of the App and in settings try "use camera2-api"

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

PHP:
Clear Data/cache of the App and in settings try "use camera2-api"

So sorry, mixed it up with oreo where it works...

Reactions: cristiano.elias
Jul 13, 2014
Oops, what did you do? Maybe I wasnt wrong at all!?

I just enabled Use Camera2 API on settings! I changed the pictures quality too but I don't think it would have any effect on it working or not.

Originally, my problem was to determine if a) it was a flash related problem b) it was an app related problem or c) it was a hardware related problem. I use video calls a lot on WhatsApp, so figuring this out was crucial to determine if I should roll back to O or not.

As your suggestion solved this cunundrum (look, a fancy word!), I decided to do the obvious thing: try another app for the video calls and discovered that it works fine on Duo.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android-P.png

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */
    Android "P" is the upcoming ninth major version of the Android operating system. It was first announced by Google on March 7, 2018, and the first developer preview was released on the same day. The second developer preview is expected to be released at the next Google I/O developer conference.

this ROM is ported from Android P-DP1 of Google Pixel XL (marlin) thanks to project treble
    Check Out : https://www.xda-developers.com/motorola-moto-z-android-p/

Working :
    • RIL
    • Camera both with flash
    • WIFI
    • BT
    • Audio
    • NFC
    • GPS

Not Working :
    • Google Camera
    • Flashlight toggle
    • Encryption

Instructions :
    • Download the latest ROM
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash Rom ZIP
    • Reboot

Downloads :

Notes :
    • Only Battery Mod Support (no Efficiency)
    • Only Clean Installation Please
    • Bug Report Without logs means nothing

Reporting Bugs :
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Sources :

XDA:DevDB Information
    Android P for Griffin, ROM for the Moto Z

Contributors
    erfanoabdi
    ROM OS Version: 2.3.x Gingerbread
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2018-05-06
    Last Updated 2018-05-22
    New Developer Preview 2
    is out https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=818222786056030312

* easy flashing -> just flash this on TWRP
    * fixed both simcards and any RIL bugs
    * updated to P-DP2
    * google camera is broken use opencamera or ...
    * stable enough for me :D
    Hey guys, i decided to skip dp5, it's not really a new thing
    And we're not far from real P
    I'll port the P as soon as gets out

Thanks
    https://mega.nz/#!KdZW2YQT!guaHScFNKIAm6uTyMQfR2Te7eHUUEzvk_ZjCRTX7OHA

Dp4 is out

Same old bugs : flashlight
    VoLTE
    (Need reinstall google play services from app mirror)

Enjoy
    Installation Guide for encrypted devices

Since we don't have complete source code of P it's not supporting encryption yet
    but here is the installation guide :
    1. install rom just like mentioned above Post
    2. reboot to bootloader
    3. make sure you have ADB and Fastboot with drivers
    4. enter "fastboot -w" in cmd/terminal : this will wipe all userdata partition

Fix for google play (updating and ...) thanks to @MrAnDLee : Post #20