[ROM][P311X][JB][10-28-12] ButterNutz

Search This thread

imnuts

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2007
West Chester
www.imnuts.org
Everyone is in love with AOKP and some of the other ROMs and kernels around here, but I didn't want or need everything that was added in to them. So, being that Android is open source, I decided to make my own. If you love a lot of customization, pull down toggles, and having everything (kitchen sink included), then this probably isn't going to be the combination for you, so you can save yourself some time and just look elsewhere. My ROM is close to stock AOSP, with a few extras added in that I wanted to help with usability without being over the top. If you like the stock JB experience, but feel that it's missing just a little bit, then this combination may be for you.

To go with the ROM, I put together a mostly stock kernel as well. The kernel is based on the same source as the CM10 kernel, but I've added in a few items and removed stuff that isn't really needed for most users. The GApps are also packaged in, so only one package to flash to get everything you want.

ROM Features
Built from 4.1.2 source
Linaro Toolchain, -O3, & strict-aliasing
Reboot Options
su and Superuser
"Accurate" Battery mod and Smooth Charging
See Github for the other changes made

Downloads
P3100 - MD5 - Alpha
P3110 - MD5
P3113 - MD5

Thanks
codeworkx & Team Hacksung because AOSP wouldn't really be functional without him
Rootzwiki for the new computer. There is no way I would have attempted this with my old computer
AOKP/RootzBoat/CM10 as this is where the few changes I did make primarily came from
TSM just cause they're that awesome

If you like the work, I'd appreciate anything to help support hosting and Github costs if you could :)

Last edited:

imnuts

Jul 27, 2007
West Chester
www.imnuts.org
Changelog
9/24
Initial Release

10/1
Pull-down toggles
Launcher2 now obeys the system auto-rotate preference
Set the external SD Card to be external storage and internal SD Card to be secondary storage.

10/19
Updated Google Apps
Updated to 4.1.2
Switched from Launcher2 to Trebuchet
Increased time required to disable touch on screen due to the "water detection" feature change didn't work
Few framework changes from CM10

10/23
Revert back to Launcher2
Change in how the kernel boots, see Github for details

10/24
Initial release for P511X
Fix layout in Settings.apk

10/28
Fixed a couple device asserts to prevent problems with flashing

To Do:
Implement pull-down toggles
Upload device tree to Github
Build for remaining P31xx and P51xx devices

Known Issues:
IR Blaster doesn't work, just like every other AOSP build
gpsd sometimes has some problems, but still works fine for getting location. UPDATE: Still trying to fix this as of 10/19. I've tried many things to get it working, but nothing seems to want to work. If I find a fix, I'll be sure to inform everyone.
Mobile network doesn't work for P3100, waiting for logcat/dmesg info before I can even attempt to fix it

Last edited:

imnuts

Jul 27, 2007
West Chester
www.imnuts.org
can i flash dis on my iphone 3gs?

Yes, but you'll loose the functionality of Google Now. Same with the iPhone 4. Google Now works on the 4S and 5, but Google Maps will fail to load on all iPhone models.

In other news, I've been using this for a day, so I've tested most of the major items, but there is surely stuff I haven't done or tried yet, so please report any bugs or issues and I'll attempt to fix them.

Reactions: meteorain08

nutpn

Dec 30, 2010
ALABAMA
Very Thankful

I am very thankful for this,I have 2 kids and each has a tab2 p3113 and they love this with no hangups,Thanks again,,anything that keeps them happy keeps me happy,LOL,anyway it is very smooth in what time I have had it loaded on both.....thanks imnuts

imnuts

Jul 27, 2007
West Chester
www.imnuts.org
Mic worked fine for me when I recorded a quick video to make sure it worked. And I'm glad at least one person has tested it out, as I was beginning to wonder if people were viewing the thread and downloading just for fun.

imnuts

Jul 27, 2007
West Chester
www.imnuts.org
Seems that while GPS still works for me, it is having issues and causing battery drain by randomly coming on trying to find my position. Not sure if this is from an app I have installed or not. Has anyone that has flashed it had an issue?

Also, I believe I almost have the pull-down toggles merged in. The next update will have them, and possibly fix the GPS issue if I can find where it is. Once that is settled, I'll build for P3110 and P3100 to try and get them working, and finally, build for the P51xx models.

matthewgwilt

Mar 13, 2011
Looking forward to P3110 build!! :good:

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

To be honest could I just use build prop editor to change model number etc to P3110??

Would there be that much difference in your P3110 build?

It seems to run absolutely fine on my P3110 so far

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

This is a simpler and, in my opinion, much better alternative to CM10

imnuts

Jul 27, 2007
West Chester
www.imnuts.org
Looking forward to P3110 build!! :good:

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

To be honest could I just use build prop editor to change model number etc to P3110??

Would there be that much difference in your P3110 build?

It seems to run absolutely fine on my P3110 so far

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

This is a simpler and, in my opinion, much better alternative to CM10

I think the only difference between P3110 and P3113 is the IR Blaster, which doesn't work anyway, so I'm thinking that it should work fine, as you found, without any real quirks. I will hopefully be finished with another project I'm working on soon, so I'll be able to put all of my P3113 changes into P3110 and P3100 and build for them then too.

Also, glad to see some more feedback and other people using the ROM. Glad people like it thus far.

matthewgwilt

Mar 13, 2011
I think the only difference between P3110 and P3113 is the IR Blaster, which doesn't work anyway, so I'm thinking that it should work fine, as you found, without any real quirks. I will hopefully be finished with another project I'm working on soon, so I'll be able to put all of my P3113 changes into P3110 and P3100 and build for them then too.

Also, glad to see some more feedback and other people using the ROM. Glad people like it thus far.

It really is awesome... my only moan is the GPS issue.. any progress on that?

I've tried a few things to try and improve the GPS but haven't succeeded

Network location as a whole seems to be dead

Thanks again!

Last edited:

LeftyGR

Oct 18, 2011
Bloomington, IL
Nice work, sir! Have tried all other ROMs, and came back th this one as a dd. I do not use, nor would I like to feel the need to use, a 3rd party launcher app. Will watch for any other issues I have not listed and report back.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Everyone is in love with AOKP and some of the other ROMs and kernels around here, but I didn't want or need everything that was added in to them. So, being that Android is open source, I decided to make my own. If you love a lot of customization, pull down toggles, and having everything (kitchen sink included), then this probably isn't going to be the combination for you, so you can save yourself some time and just look elsewhere. My ROM is close to stock AOSP, with a few extras added in that I wanted to help with usability without being over the top. If you like the stock JB experience, but feel that it's missing just a little bit, then this combination may be for you.

To go with the ROM, I put together a mostly stock kernel as well. The kernel is based on the same source as the CM10 kernel, but I've added in a few items and removed stuff that isn't really needed for most users. The GApps are also packaged in, so only one package to flash to get everything you want.

ROM Features
    Built from 4.1.2 source
    Linaro Toolchain, -O3, & strict-aliasing
    Reboot Options
    su and Superuser
    "Accurate" Battery mod and Smooth Charging
    See Github for the other changes made

Downloads
    P3100 - MD5 - Alpha
    P3110 - MD5
    P3113 - MD5

Thanks
    codeworkx & Team Hacksung because AOSP wouldn't really be functional without him
    Rootzwiki for the new computer. There is no way I would have attempted this with my old computer
    AOKP/RootzBoat/CM10 as this is where the few changes I did make primarily came from
    TSM just cause they're that awesome

If you like the work, I'd appreciate anything to help support hosting and Github costs if you could :)
    Changelog
    9/24
    Initial Release

10/1
    Pull-down toggles
    Launcher2 now obeys the system auto-rotate preference
    Set the external SD Card to be external storage and internal SD Card to be secondary storage.

10/19
    Updated Google Apps
    Updated to 4.1.2
    Switched from Launcher2 to Trebuchet
    Increased time required to disable touch on screen due to the "water detection" feature change didn't work
    Few framework changes from CM10

10/23
    Revert back to Launcher2
    Change in how the kernel boots, see Github for details

10/24
    Initial release for P511X
    Fix layout in Settings.apk

10/28
    Fixed a couple device asserts to prevent problems with flashing

To Do:
    Implement pull-down toggles
    Upload device tree to Github
    Build for remaining P31xx and P51xx devices

Known Issues:
    IR Blaster doesn't work, just like every other AOSP build
    gpsd sometimes has some problems, but still works fine for getting location. UPDATE: Still trying to fix this as of 10/19. I've tried many things to get it working, but nothing seems to want to work. If I find a fix, I'll be sure to inform everyone.
    Mobile network doesn't work for P3100, waiting for logcat/dmesg info before I can even attempt to fix it
    Uploaded and linked to builds for the P3110 and P3100 in the OP. Just be aware that I don't have either of these devices, so I have no idea what is working or not. All should be fine (minus the stuff not working properly in P3113), but I have no way to verify this. I'd appreciate if people could test it out for me and provide feedback.
    New build coming soon, hopefully for P3100 and P3110 to be tested by users. Also updated the included Google Apps and other files to latest versions available from the Play Store and the JRO54K release (4.1.2). Just need to make sure a layout bug is fixed first. I've also started pushing stuff to Github for the device trees. I haven't fixed the GPS issue yet, but that will be the next thing I look at. I'll try to fix it for the next release, but it isn't planned yet.