[ROM][P31xx][4.4.4] SlimKat

Search This thread

seseeley

Apr 8, 2018
Last night installed espressowifi build 9.18 May 10, 2018, open gapps 4.4 nano March 27, 2018 & SuperSU 1.80.
OS and all apps working great with nothing to report.
Unlike the March update I experience "no" FCs when a few apps started for the first time, I had no screen rotation issues and tethering to my phone worked immediately.

I'm assumming the AnyKernel-2018-05-05-16-04-KitKat-espresso.zip fixes for "rebooting" where incorporated into this new build?

Forgive me for 2 noob questions related to my update procedure with TWRP.
I install each zip (slim, gapps, supersu) separatly and wipe dalvic cache after each.
1.) Is this over kill? Can I wipe once after the last zip is installed?
2.) Can I install all 3 zips together using TWRPs zip staking/queue feature?

Is there any reason to include the EFS partition in a nandroid backup for a wifi only tablet?

This time I let google store reinstall my 17 apps instead of using Titanium Backup to restore apps. What do most people do?

I'm still looking for a way to either stop play.google from updating SuperSU 1.80 or silence SuperSU 2.82 from nagging me to update the su binary.

Thanks,
Steve

Reactions: thefuncooker

Android-Andi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
Yeah, I always include latest AnyKernel source.
All information always here http://andi34.github.io/news.html

Wiping cache and dalvic once all is flashed should be enough, afaik que option in twrp works fine to flash all 3 instead flashing every zip one by one.

I am not a Titanium fan, some use it... I am a fan of clean installs to prevent from issues. But, there's a backup option in TWRP, I'd suggest making a rom backup first if you're going to try it.

EFS backup makes sense on wifi only devices too, e.g. Mac address is stored there (stock ROMs and old kernel read it from there). On destroyed EFS partition you might be unable to use wifi and bt.

thefuncooker

Sep 11, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
Not sure if I missed a post somewhere, but I'm having trouble with Play Store FC.

Wiped everything (system, data, cache, etc) on device and flashed ROM and nano gapps (ARM, 4.4) with latest TWRP. The device boots fine, but then Setup Wizard fails to connect to WiFi, and I have to continue skipping WiFi. I can later connect to WiFi, but Play Store FC immediately after launching everytime.

Wiped and flashed the whole thing 3 times and I get the same issue each time. What am I missing? Switching back to Slim7 in the meantime. That was working perfectly fine, but I read that some people felt SlimKat was faster/smoother for this device. Thanks!

champ1919

Nov 5, 2010
Twin Cities, Minnesota
Not sure if I missed a post somewhere, but I'm having trouble with Play Store FC.

Wiped everything (system, data, cache, etc) on device and flashed ROM and nano gapps (ARM, 4.4) with latest TWRP. The device boots fine, but then Setup Wizard fails to connect to WiFi, and I have to continue skipping WiFi. I can later connect to WiFi, but Play Store FC immediately after launching everytime.

Wiped and flashed the whole thing 3 times and I get the same issue each time. What am I missing? Switching back to Slim7 in the meantime. That was working perfectly fine, but I read that some people felt SlimKat was faster/smoother for this device. Thanks!

Try deltadroid gapps.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/an...imal-gapps-gapps-lp-20150107-1-t2997368/page1

thefuncooker

Sep 11, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
Last night installed espressowifi build 9.18 May 10, 2018, open gapps 4.4 nano March 27, 2018 & SuperSU 1.80.
OS and all apps working great with nothing to report.
Unlike the March update I experience "no" FCs when a few apps started for the first time, I had no screen rotation issues and tethering to my phone worked immediately.

I'm assumming the AnyKernel-2018-05-05-16-04-KitKat-espresso.zip fixes for "rebooting" where incorporated into this new build?

Forgive me for 2 noob questions related to my update procedure with TWRP.
I install each zip (slim, gapps, supersu) separatly and wipe dalvic cache after each.
1.) Is this over kill? Can I wipe once after the last zip is installed?
2.) Can I install all 3 zips together using TWRPs zip staking/queue feature?

Is there any reason to include the EFS partition in a nandroid backup for a wifi only tablet?

This time I let google store reinstall my 17 apps instead of using Titanium Backup to restore apps. What do most people do?

I'm still looking for a way to either stop play.google from updating SuperSU 1.80 or silence SuperSU 2.82 from nagging me to update the su binary.

Thanks,
Steve

Flashed the same three (ROM, Gapps, SuperSU 1.80), but for some reason only the inbuilt Simple Explorer detects root (and can access /data). No other file explorer or root checker I download successfully requests SU.

Not sure if this is a question for the SuperSU forums, or here.

Top Liked Posts