• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][P31xx][4.4.4] SlimKat

Search This thread

Android-Andi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io

Tab_Triggerhappy

Jun 13, 2020
@Tab_Triggerhappy what language you're looking for? There's no official way on 4.4 ROMs to translate them, but I can manage to include it on upcoming builds if you make a Pullrequest.

English files:
https://github.com/SlimRomsSecurity/packages_apps_Settings/blob/kk4.4/res/values/slim_strings.xml

https://github.com/SlimRomsSecurity/frameworks_base/blob/kk4.4/core/res/res/values/slim_strings.xml

Cool!
It's to swedish. In SlimKat there are so much missing that a lot of pages/screens mix swedish and english and some are only in english.
I have moved on to your LineageOS 11, but I will check those links. Thanks!
The LineageOS 11 is very well translated and complete if that helps :)

In GitHub I need to join I guess.
Do I make changes directly in the xml and then I get the option to make a pull request?

Last edited:

Android-Andi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
SlimRoms Community was never big as CyanogenMod/LineageOS and translations always have been a community thing, that's why there's some holes for a lot of languages.

You'd have to create a GitHub account and make a fork of the repo you like to translate.

Take the slim_strings.xml as base for your language, therefore add a copy inside the values-sv folder and translate it there.
Once done commit the change and create a Pullrequest or send me a link ;)

Reactions: Tab_Triggerhappy

Tab_Triggerhappy

Jun 13, 2020
Ok, first translated in my forked version and pull request made.
I saw too late that I missed the last empty line in my xml, otherwise I hope it's useable.
I renamed them just to be able to tell them apart on my computer, since I work with the code there.
Also hope that is Ok.

Here is my current setup with SlimKat.

SlimKat+ Open Gapps Pico + Nova Launcher + Lines Icon Pack + LMT Pie Menu

Immersive Mode
View attachment 5056337

Regular
View attachment 5056339

Access to App Drawer in a couple of different ways, like Swipe Up or tapping UNKNOWN PLEASURES
Tapping JOY DIVISION opens my Mp3 Player
View attachment 5056341

Hidden apps are accessible by longpressing the Home Button
View attachment 5056343

Moved as much as possible to a 64 Gb SD-card and removed as much as possible also.
No SlimCenter, Development, Email/Exchange, Daydreams, VPN, CellBroadcast, Wapp, Phasebeam, that sound thingy, OneTimeInit's, Dialer since SIM is only surfing and some other stuff.
4.05 Gb free internal space :)
does it lag for you?
and did the battery life get worse?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts