[ROM][P31xx][KitKat][4.4.2] CM 11.0 w/Espresso10++ 3.0.101

Search This thread

daavvis

Feb 19, 2012
i tryed before compileing cm11 from source for p51xx user but failed... i used shakatus´s repo https://github.com/shakatu?tab=repositories :p

try this in your roomservice.xml for the p5*** and let me know hor it works

Code:
<project name="daavvis/android_device_samsung_p5110" path="device/samsung/p5110" remote="github" revision="cm-11" />
  <project name="daavvis/android_device_samsung_p5100" path="device/samsung/p5100" remote="github" revision="cm-11" />
<project name="codyf86/android_kernel_samsung_espresso10" path="kernel/samsung/espresso10" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
  <project name="codyf86/android_device_samsung_omap4-common" path="device/samsung/omap4-common" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
<project name="codyf86/proprietary_vendor_samsung" path="vendor/samsung" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_SamsungServiceMode" path="packages/apps/SamsungServiceMode" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_smdk4412-qcom-common" path="device/samsung/smdk4412-qcom-common" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />

ALSO :

change /device/samsung/p5100/mokee.mk, and /device/samsung/p5110/mokee.mk to (both of them) cm.mk, and open them and change lines 18,28,and 35 from

Code:
#
# Copyright (C) 2012 The CyanogenMod Project
#
# Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
# you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
# You may obtain a copy of the License at
#
#      http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
#
# Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
# distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
# WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
# See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
# limitations under the License.
#

## Specify phone tech before including full_phone
$(call inherit-product, vendor/mk/config/gsm.mk)

# Release name
PRODUCT_RELEASE_NAME := p5100

# Boot animation
TARGET_SCREEN_HEIGHT := 800
TARGET_SCREEN_WIDTH := 1280

# Inherit some common CM stuff.
$(call inherit-product, vendor/mk/config/common_full_phone.mk)

# Inherit device configuration
$(call inherit-product, device/samsung/p5100/full_p5100.mk)

## Device identifier. This must come after all inclusions
PRODUCT_DEVICE := p5100
PRODUCT_NAME := mk_p5100
PRODUCT_BRAND := samsung
PRODUCT_MODEL := GT-P5100
PRODUCT_MANUFACTURER := samsung

#Set build fingerprint / ID / Prduct Name ect.
PRODUCT_BUILD_PROP_OVERRIDES += PRODUCT_NAME=espresso10rfxx TARGET_DEVICE=espresso10rf BUILD_FINGERPRINT=samsung/espresso10rfxx/espresso10rf:4.0.3/IML74K/P5100XWALE2:user/release-keys PRIVATE_BUILD_DESC="espresso10rfxx-user 4.0.3 IML74K P5100XWALE2 release-keys"

TO:

Code:
#
# Copyright (C) 2012 The CyanogenMod Project
#
# Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
# you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
# You may obtain a copy of the License at
#
#      http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
#
# Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
# distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
# WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
# See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
# limitations under the License.
#

## Specify phone tech before including full_phone
$(call inherit-product, vendor/cm/config/gsm.mk)

# Release name
PRODUCT_RELEASE_NAME := p5100

# Boot animation
TARGET_SCREEN_HEIGHT := 800
TARGET_SCREEN_WIDTH := 1280

# Inherit some common CM stuff.
$(call inherit-product, vendor/cm/config/common_full_phone.mk)

# Inherit device configuration
$(call inherit-product, device/samsung/p5100/full_p5100.mk)

## Device identifier. This must come after all inclusions
PRODUCT_DEVICE := p5100
PRODUCT_NAME := cm_p5100
PRODUCT_BRAND := samsung
PRODUCT_MODEL := GT-P5100
PRODUCT_MANUFACTURER := samsung

#Set build fingerprint / ID / Prduct Name ect.
PRODUCT_BUILD_PROP_OVERRIDES += PRODUCT_NAME=espresso10rfxx TARGET_DEVICE=espresso10rf BUILD_FINGERPRINT=samsung/espresso10rfxx/espresso10rf:4.0.3/IML74K/P5100XWALE2:user/release-keys PRIVATE_BUILD_DESC="espresso10rfxx-user 4.0.3 IML74K P5100XWALE2 release-keys"

let me know if it works... im testing now...

Android-Andi

Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
sure i know that ;) both of you are doing a great job...
i don´t have a p51xx :D i only try it to save time for both of you ... p51xx user will stalk to both of you if they have to wait until 2014 ;) :p :D
- my next 50cent for the community ;)

don´t forget, there are not much dev´s left for tab 2 :p cordell closed SlimBean Thread today... :( and i am still thinking about burning my device now :p

daavvis

Feb 19, 2012
sure i know that ;) both of you are doing a great job...
i don´t have a p51xx :D i only try it to save time for both of you ... p51xx user will stalk to both of you if they have to wait until 2014 ;) :p :D
- my next 50cent for the community ;)

don´t forget, there are not much dev´s left for tab 2 :p cordell closed SlimBean Thread today... :( and i am still thinking about burning my device now :p

Ya, but this tab still got some life left, its an amazing challenge which helps us learn ... I'm not giving up till it won't turn on anymore... Even when I get something better ;)...

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Android-Andi

Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
sure you are right, i learned a lot in last weeks :) it is my first android device and my first custom rom installed in april or may i think :p

sorry for OT, but btw how can i setup to build cm 10.2.0 instead of using latest source? cm 10.2 synced to my pc already because of compileing the recoverys ;)

daavvis

Feb 19, 2012
sure you are right, i learned a lot in last weeks :) it is my first android device and my first custom rom installed in april or may i think :p

sorry for OT, but btw how can i setup to build cm 10.2.0 instead of using latest source? cm 10.2 synced to my pc already because of compileing the recoverys ;)

Pm me and I'll hook you up with my Google + I don't wanna keep clogging up Cody's thread...

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Edit: @CodyF86 the p5100 built :)

Last edited:
Reactions: shinobisoft

sim_tcr

May 2, 2013
Bangalore
raspisimon.no-ip.org
Cleared cache, dalvik. Flashed 12/10 build and 11-15_GApps_4.4_Odex_Art.zip

Booted fine. Used 1 hour and no reboots or FCs. All previously installed apps and games worked fine too.
Dialler issues seems to be fixed

Camera still has no option to set pictures to external SDCARD. (I dont think Google will ever bring this feature as Nexus devices dont have external SD CARD Slot)
Camera panorama mode still has issue.
ES Explorer still not detecting external SDCARD (sdcard1) directly. You need to go to /device/extSDCARD.
WhisperPush is giving Connectivity error "Text secure was unable connect push service"
Koush mirror apk not getting installed
Real Racing 3 has sound issues.

Last edited:

ScratMan38

Feb 4, 2011
Grenoble
OPPO Find X2 Pro
@CodyF86 : what are the features of Espresso kernel ? and how to set them ?
I was previously using SlimBean 4.3 with BlackHawk NEXT kernel on which I could adjust CPU and GPU clocks and zRam management, in order to improve the reactivity and efficiency of my P3110 ; but I can't do the same with Espresso.

My tab is slow to on your ROM, touch screen is slow to react, Angry Birds shows some lag ; I would like to be able to do the same than with NEXT kernel.

If not possible, I will have to revert to 4.3 :(

5h1v4u

Dec 19, 2012
Hyderabad
You are the only one so far that said that this rom is slow.. If ur device is slow, then it could be a physical issue or you need to try clean flash..

Sent from my GT-P3100 using xda app-developers app

nice.guy

Jul 31, 2012
love ur rom, but i have this issue, i cant make outgoing call every time i try i get call ended. the weird thing is that i can receive call from that same number im calling without any problem is this a bug or i'm having a crappy service? pls help me

zeetherocker

Jan 24, 2012
Bangalore
I think your service is crappy... Voice calls work perfectly for me...!!! Test your sim in a different phone... Or wipe cache in recovery.... :thumbup:

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

If not possible, I will have to revert to 4.3 :(

Do a clean flash.... Wipe data, and dalvik cache then install this rom... It runs so smooth that you wouldn't even be thinking of CPU OC.... And I'm getting battery backup... So doing a clean flash again might solve the problems for you...!! :thumbup:

freebird6

Sep 30, 2007
Hamburg
swap external and internal SD

Is there a way to swap internal and external SD on 4.4.1 ?
Except IR everything else is working fine on my 3113, fit for daily use.
Fantastic, thanks to all, who made this possible.

CodyF86

Jul 4, 2013
Grand Junction, CO
Pretty sure 4.4.2 got pushed yesterday lol, I'll do a build later if it did.

If you look on the external card there is an android folder now with app data like
before, but in 4.4 it's like that without me doing anything. Pretty sure app data
will store to the external card now in 4.4, but whatever app would have to
be written to ask where to store to.

If not I might be able to add it back in.

edit: yup, 4.4.2 definitely happened. lol

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone