[ROM][P600][8.0.0] [Early Dev.] Android AOSP 8.0.0 - Oreo - n1awifi

excelmadeeasydotcom

Sep 6, 2019
installation of samsung notes app not working well

Hi
I installed the ROM and it works great. thanks .
But the reason why I wanted to install it was that I needed the APP Samsung Notes that is supposed to work Oreo. The first version of sNotes was replaced with Samsung Notes and it is a good app for note taking.
So it was my hope that I could install and synch my notes between my note 10.1 (2014) with Oreo and my current Note 8.
When I try to install it, I can only install the earlier version V2(they are on V3 now) and I do not get access to the samsung cloud. ( I can't see the menu anywhere). Actually I do not know if the new samsung notes app had cloud access in v2. So I wanted to install the version 3, which I can but it just starts and crashes immediately. I looked at the logcat but it crashed with a fataexception which I can only interpret as it is missing some samsung libraries?
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:767)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "android.os.SemSystemProperties" on path: DexPathList[[zip file "/data/app/com.samsung.android.app.notes-CqAlvVgHq_i-2qSOUvjgFg==/base.apk"],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/data/app/com.samsung.android.app.notes-CqAlvVgHq_i-2qSOUvjgFg==/lib/arm, /data/app/com.samsung.android.app.notes-CqAlvVgHq_i-2qSOUvjgFg==/base.apk!/lib/armeabi-v7a, /system/lib, /system/vendor/lib]]

Would you have any advice?
thanks a lot

Last edited:

Rostbraten

Jan 30, 2017
I have now also installed the Early Dev variant and must say, it works well at first sight.

Even if the camera, the infrared sensor and the hardware video playback are not supported, the rest works very well.

The tablet only serves as a game tablet for my daughter and on it she mostly uses children's games from PlayStore, Prime Video which also works without Magisk and that without jerking.

The battery lasts at least as long as under Android 7 (Lineage OS 14.1).

OpenGApps Pico variant was used. After that only the most necessary apps were installed. Therefore, it exactly fulfills its purpose.

Many thanks for the efforts of this ROM, even if there is no support or energy in the development of the WiFi variant.

Basic data:

SM P600
TWRP 3.3.1-0
AOSP 8.0.0 Early Dev
Pico GApps 8.0 ARM

Before everything was deleted and formatted and flashed over the MicroSD card.

Reactions: tefan7

tejljr

Sep 11, 2016
So what happened?
So, I downloaded the ROM again, installed Gapps. Only problem is that the Setup Wizard fails, and if I remove it in TWRP (system/priv-app/SetupWizard.apk), the physical home button stops working, and Quick Settings. Aside from finally getting Google Play services to work properly, I got some other apps on there and it runs smoothly. Just wish I could get the camera working now.

tejljr

Sep 11, 2016
In the Axon7 forum @Oki published a script to repartition devices in order to add a vendor partition : https://forum.xda-developers.com/axon-7/development/tool-party-v0-1-vendor-partition-t3831517
If I'm not mistaken, it should work on any ARM devices. Maybe porting treble to our tablet would help getting Oreo smooth as butter :). If any developer is interested in porting treble to this tablet, I am ready to try repartition mine and tell you if it works; you just need to PM me.
I hope Treble can give this tablet a second life.
I am not a developer but an avid user of this device, I could try or have a friend of mine see if he can port it