ZakooZ

Aug 24, 2012
Porto

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
 */

Introduction
This thread is for early development of Android Oreo on the n1awifi (SM-P600).
It is not yet ready for daily usage (far from it), but in this thread people can discuss it.
I will use this thread to update you on progress, and occasionally post builds that the brave can test.

What works
Boot/Display ✓
Touchscreen/Buttons/S-Pen ✓
Audio ✓
Wi-Fi ✓
Bluetooth ✓

Hardware video playback ✕
Camera/Flashlight ✕
IR Blaster ✕

Installation
Flash like any other ROM. Wipe data. If you need to know more, this ROM isn't for you.

Downloads
ROM: aosp_n1awifi-ota-eng.zakooz.zip [2017-09-10]
Gapps for 8.0: open_gapps-arm-8.0-micro-20170824-UNOFFICIAL.zip

Sources
Current AOSP tag: android-8.0.0_r3
https://github.com/zakooz/android_kernel_samsung_exynos5420/tree/ao_a3

Thanks
Exynos5420 dev team ( @deadman96385 @thompatry @ZakooZ @Orion116 @joshndroid @Andmoreagain @thermskin
@tincho5588 )
@AdrianDC, @forkbomb444 - For their work on early 8.0 bringup, including work on linux 3.4
@ShevT - For his work on the P601 (huge contributor to our current device tree)
@Raymanfx - First to bring CM to this device

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][P600][8.0.0] [Early Development] Android AOSP 8.0.0 - n1awifi , ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition)

Contributors
ZakooZ, Exynos 5420 team
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: LL Bootloader
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2017-09-06
Last Updated 2017-09-10

DroidBlaze

Oct 3, 2010
Los Angeles
Thank you for your hard work. I don't care about the camera or IR blaster so I'll try using this as my daily. Again thank you!

papatasos91

Jan 27, 2015
Athens
Hello and congrats for bringing us the latest Android version. No hardware video playback means no video cant be played right now?

abine45

Oct 16, 2016
Am hoping to see an update soon but I am checking it out, awesome, just a few bugs that need to be cleaned up. I understand that though

ZakooZ

Aug 24, 2012
Porto
Progress for 07-09-2017

Graphics allocator fixups:
* Fixed issue where the recents menu wouldn't show previews for the apps
* Fixed issue where the system wouldn't allow taking screenshots

Surfaceflinger "GPU-to-CPU" fixups:
* Fixed screen artifacts when taking screenshots
* Fixed screen artifacts when rotating screen

Not uploading build for today...

ZakooZ

Aug 24, 2012
Porto
Progress for 09-09-2017

* Fixed issue which caused boot to hang for 30 seconds without doing anything (fixed all boot crashes)
* Fixed GPS
* Fixed screen artifacts in recent app switcher (fixed all screen artifacts)
* Allow the system to fall back to software video decoding (good for watching 720p, not 1080p, video)

abine45

Oct 16, 2016
* Fixed issue which caused boot to hang for 30 seconds without doing anything (fixed all boot crashes)
* Fixed GPS
* Allow the system to fall back to software video decoding (good for watching 720p, not 1080p, video)

Awesome! So glad to hear this! was wondering if I could message you personally? is that okay?

DeanoD

Oct 12, 2013
Windsor, Ontario. Canada
I gave this one a try on my spare tab. Which was running full AICwith no probs. I flashed the new ROM with a full wipe and format. It loaded and sorta ran...aside from the fact that the native keyboard kept crashing and would not allow any numerical input before doing so. Made it hard to see much more of the system. I'm guessing that it is supposed to play nice with Magisk.
Will keep trying the installs as they come... ;-DeanoD

ZakooZ

Aug 24, 2012
Porto
New build with the latest fixes uploaded...

I gave this one a try on my spare tab. Which was running full AICwith no probs. I flashed the new ROM with a full wipe and format. It loaded and sorta ran...aside from the fact that the native keyboard kept crashing and would not allow any numerical input before doing so. Made it hard to see much more of the system. I'm guessing that it is supposed to play nice with Magisk.
Will keep trying the installs as they come... ;-DeanoD
I've noticed the keyboard crashes when clicking the "abc/123" button, as far as I know that is a google problem they'll fix soon... You can long press qwertyuiop to get numbers to finish the setup wizard and then install another keyboard on the store...

DeanoD

Oct 12, 2013
Windsor, Ontario. Canada
New build with the latest fixes uploaded...

I've noticed the keyboard crashes when clicking the "abc/123" button, as far as I know that is a google problem they'll fix soon... You can long press qwertyuiop to get numbers to finish the setup wizard and then install another keyboard on the store...

I have a great keyboard app that I keep in .apk just in case. Sorry, but you lost me on the "qwertyuiop" reference.... will try again later... ;-DeanoD

DeanoD

Oct 12, 2013
Windsor, Ontario. Canada
Keyboard fix...

I got this up and running and installed Hacker's Keyboard (my go to kb) and it works fine. A few settings are still "touchy" and there is a screen lag with input.
But, it is a GREAT start. Keep up the great work. ;-DeanoD

DeanoD

Oct 12, 2013
Windsor, Ontario. Canada
Testing...testing 1 2 3....

I usually like to test a new ROM and beat the crap out of it by just digging around to see what happens. I've found one of the best ways to determine how responsive the system is by running a standard solitaire app. With this build being so new and raw at this point, I'm being a bit more gentle with it.
Had my first freeze and lock-up already. Just wondering if it would be of any help if I were to post the saved post crash log files, and would I be sble to upload them here? But the pen input has something to do with the crashes just like it still does with the AICP Nougat ROM. Hope I can be of some small help. ;-DeanoD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
     */

Introduction
    This thread is for early development of Android Oreo on the n1awifi (SM-P600).
    It is not yet ready for daily usage (far from it), but in this thread people can discuss it.
    I will use this thread to update you on progress, and occasionally post builds that the brave can test.

What works
    Boot/Display ✓
    Touchscreen/Buttons/S-Pen ✓
    Audio ✓
    Wi-Fi ✓
    Bluetooth ✓

Hardware video playback ✕
    Camera/Flashlight ✕
    IR Blaster ✕

Installation
    Flash like any other ROM. Wipe data. If you need to know more, this ROM isn't for you.

Downloads
    ROM: aosp_n1awifi-ota-eng.zakooz.zip [2017-09-10]
    Gapps for 8.0: open_gapps-arm-8.0-micro-20170824-UNOFFICIAL.zip

Sources
    Current AOSP tag: android-8.0.0_r3
    https://github.com/zakooz/android_kernel_samsung_exynos5420/tree/ao_a3

Thanks
    Exynos5420 dev team ( @deadman96385 @thompatry @ZakooZ @Orion116 @joshndroid @Andmoreagain @thermskin
    @tincho5588 )
    @AdrianDC, @forkbomb444 - For their work on early 8.0 bringup, including work on linux 3.4
    @ShevT - For his work on the P601 (huge contributor to our current device tree)
    @Raymanfx - First to bring CM to this device

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][P600][8.0.0] [Early Development] Android AOSP 8.0.0 - n1awifi , ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition)

Contributors
    ZakooZ, Exynos 5420 team
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: LL Bootloader
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2017-09-06
    Last Updated 2017-09-10
    Progress for 09-09-2017

* Fixed GPS
    Progress for 07-09-2017

Graphics allocator fixups:
    * Fixed issue where the recents menu wouldn't show previews for the apps
    * Fixed issue where the system wouldn't allow taking screenshots

Surfaceflinger "GPU-to-CPU" fixups:
    * Fixed screen artifacts when taking screenshots
    * Fixed screen artifacts when rotating screen

Not uploading build for today...
    Any devs: please pick-up this rom for further development. Many users are waiting to use their Galaxy Note Tab 10.1 (2014) with this new Android OS. Thnx in advance!!
    You may post, I don't mind