[ROM][P7500][4.2.2][11/09] AOKP - SaberMod 4.9 [UNOFFICIAL BUILDS]

Search This thread

fusionjack

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 21, 2008
A1 kernel is overclockable to 1600. My device handles 1500, but freeze at 1600. I could of course flash A1, but I prefer yours. :)
Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
i think it is dangerous to go beyond 1400. as far as i can remember, pershoot doesn't advise us to use OC at all. we have an old tablet and i think it is already at the limit. :p

Reactions: ZaZHa

fusionjack

Sep 21, 2008
goo.im seems back again...faster than before. edited release post with goo.im link.

parag31

Sep 2, 2011
solid build..THANK YOU JACKFUSION

Just flashed your ROM, it looks promising and quite solid...
Now I believe that I don't have to change to another rom for quite enough time..
But noticed one thing that swype on default keyboard not working...have to install third party app like swift key or something else..
Its smooth ROM and beautiful build. Still exploring it..hope it will be my favourite..:cool:

Reactions: fusionjack
Was going to write the same!!
This rom is very nice. Nice bootpicture, very fast and responsive, lots of costumization, APN configured by default, no problem with wifi, no problem with the keyboard here.
But (?)
Don't face this as a criticism, more a constructive for a possible upgrade
it has very very very low sound
Thanks for your hard work

fusionjack

Sep 21, 2008
Was going to write the same!!
This rom is very nice. Nice bootpicture, very fast and responsive, lots of costumization, APN configured by default, no problem with wifi, no problem with the keyboard here.
But (?)
Don't face this as a criticism, more a constructive for a possible upgrade
it has very very very low sound
Thanks for your hard work
no worries. :)
i think 4.2.2 also has the problem that the sound is too low and then as soon as you increase the volume by 1 step, the sound restores by itself.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

parag31

Sep 2, 2011
Does anyone else have problem with gesture typing or swype typing whatever people may call it? For me its showing lines when I do gesture typing but its not typing anything...so is it just me or others have same problem? Please tell me as I am considering full wipe again...
And USB OTG doesn't seem to work...
Any solution JACKFUSION?

parag31

Sep 2, 2011
Thanks man..your suggestion really helped me...
That app USB OTG HELPER worked great...I mounted usb drive in this app and then used root explorer and went to storage/UsbOtgDrive0 and there I found my flash drive...thanks a lot:good:

fusionjack

Sep 21, 2008
Does anyone else have problem with gesture typing or swype typing whatever people may call it? For me its showing lines when I do gesture typing but its not typing anything...so is it just me or others have same problem? Please tell me as I am considering full wipe again...
And USB OTG doesn't seem to work...
Any solution JACKFUSION?
i'm not sure if swipe typing is working at all on 4.2.2.
alternatively you can install swipe or any other keyboards.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Toldo

The Rom is great. I think it is the best amongst other built-from-scratch (source) roms. CM ain't got nothin' on how this rom is rocking. Just two glitches.

Glitch one is the stock android keyboard. It has some kind of a bug - when I tap on a text box, it appears, then I type one letter, and the keyboard disappears, and I need to tap the text box again to type normally further.

Second glitch is the OTG support - WHY it doesn't work out-of-the-box? It may be on the kernel side, but I also tried Infamous AOKP and the OTG doesn't work there either.

Eitherways, for now it is the best rom for daily use, and it sucks battery far less than the stock one. Keep it up.

eushaun99

Feb 8, 2013
Subang Jaya
The Rom is great. I think it is the best amongst other built-from-scratch (source) roms. CM ain't got nothin' on how this rom is rocking. Just two glitches.

Glitch one is the stock android keyboard. It has some kind of a bug - when I tap on a text box, it appears, then I type one letter, and the keyboard disappears, and I need to tap the text box again to type normally further.

Did you use the gapps from goo.im? Try the gapps from the cm10.1 discussion thread.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk HD

amature101

Nov 17, 2013
i am not able to flash this or other ROMS. The installation of ROMS will just freeze during the installation.

Picture as attached, please help. A million thanks

106wn7q.jpg

23u26is.jpg

s64t8j.jpg

f1krki.jpg

Last edited:

John Kester

Dec 26, 2012
Port Harcourt
If your CWM Recovery is not 6.0.3.6, then you need to update it to that version. You will find it in Droidbasement.

Cheers.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using xda app-developers app

fusionjack

Sep 21, 2008
@amature101: do a full wipe, don't just wipe cache if you coming from other rom, especially from ics. make sure the md5sum matches.
read the installation instruction in the first post.

Lucas Kado

Sep 6, 2013
Zaragoza
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
did a full wipe, but what does the md5sum matches refer to?

It's an optional file used to verify that the ZIP archive you're installing is good (not corrupted, truncated or some). The installation process looks for this file at the beginning and warns you if you don't have it, but it goes on anyway. No much worries about it if the ZIP file is OK.

Last edited:

fusionjack

Sep 21, 2008
did a full wipe, but what does the md5sum matches refer to?
for example, this build from dev-host: http://d-h.st/iDC
you'll see md5 sum: aa6e3270415a95967409b758109f1739
now check your downloaded zip file with example es file explorer, long press on the zip file, properties - show checksum - checked the md5sum - calculate. compare the md5sum string with the one from dev-host. if it matched, then you are safe to flash that zip file. otherwise, download it again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AOKP P7500 SaberMod 4.9 Unofficial builds

40+ patches to fix code violation rules
    Compiled using -O3 for the most optimizations
    Included Linaro string handling routines for memory optimization
    Using pershoot kernel for the stability

ROM: SaberMod toolchain 4.9
    pershoot kernel: Linaro toolchain 4.7

Disclaimer
    I'm not responsible for any damages on your device.

Based on my experience building rom with SaberMod toolchain on device i9100 and users feedback, I begin to build AOKP for p4 and decided to share my private builds with you all.
    This build is compiled using SaberMod toolchain and like the official one, it is built from the same source: AOKP github
    I could cherry-pick some commits ahead from AOKP team or patches from other repositories that I find useful.
    The ROM and the kernel are tested by me first before I make it available online. I could have overseen something during testing, please be understand.
    In summary, it is still AOKP that is compiled with SaberMod toolchain.

Latest release
    Rom: 20131109
    Recovery: CWM 6.0.3.6 compiled by pershoot.

Installation instructions
    Coming from another ROM:
    • Flash latest recovery from here.
    • Full wipe: data, cache, dalvik cache and preload if you are coming from Samsung rom.
    • Format system partition manually.
    • Flash the rom.
    • Flash gapps from here or here.
    Coming from previous unofficial build:
    • Wipe cache and dalvik cache.
    • Flash the rom.
    • No need to re-flash gapps. Gapps will be restored back automatically by backup tool during flashing.
    Additional changes
    • Kill all button: Ported recent apps animated view from Slimbean.
    • Added CM 10.1 LockClock and set it as default.
    • Added Nova launcher and set it as default.
    • Added backup tool support, ported from Slimbean.
    • Tuned up auto brightness levels.
    • Removed some unused apks and media files.
    • Other possible changes that are included in each build release. See changelog for more details.
    Full Changelog
    goo.im | d-h.st

Download
    goo.im | d-h.st

Credits
    AOKP - The AOKP team
    SaberMod toolchain - sparksco
    Linaro toolchain - Linaro
    p4 kernel & device tree - pershoot
    p4 device vendor - kasper_h
    backup tool - The Slimbean team
    gapps - dreamcwli
    LockClock - Cyanogenmod

Sources
    https://github.com/AOKPSaber

Screenshots
    Nothing special, just like AOKP one. Nevertheless, I'm sharing my screen:
    Screenshot_2013-07-29-20-18-21.jpgScreenshot_2013-07-29-20-19-31.jpgScreenshot_2013-07-29-20-24-14.jpg
    F.A.Q (Freaking Annoying Questions)

What is the difference between these builds and the official builds?
    Short version: It is unofficial nightly builds whereas official one is stable builds.
    Long version: It is built using the same source (github) like the official one but with these following additional changes:
    • Compiled using SaberMod 4.9 & 4.7 toolchain combo.
    • Contains some cherry-pick commits. See OP and changelog for more details.
    • Faster? Smoother? Find it yourself. ;)
    What is Toolchain?
    In software, a toolchain is the set of programming tools that are used to create a product (typically another computer program or system of programs). The tools may be used in a chain, so that the output of each tool becomes the input for the next, but the term is used widely to refer to any set of linked development tools.
    A simple software development toolchain consists of a compiler and linker to transform the source code into an executable program, libraries to provide interfaces to the operating system, and a debugger. A complex product such as a video game needs tools for preparing sound effects, music, textures, 3-dimensional models, and animations, and further tools for combining these resources into the finished product.
    Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toolchain

What is SaberMod?
    The term "SaberMod" is coming from:
    SaberMod is a AOSP based ROM with some extra features added in and mostly from CyanogenMod. SaberMod started out pure AOSP when android 4.2.1 launched. Originally it was pure AOSP with a few extra features I ported over from CyanogeMod and linaro optimizations. Then I rebased everything off of rasbeanjelly because I liked many features found in rasbean. Since then I've modified a lot of the code so not much of it is rasbeanjelly based anymore. But you will still find some commonly used features found in rasbeanjelly. SaberMod is not a rasbeanjelly or CM clone, or KANG. Custom kernels are included for certain devices when available. These are personal builds we make for ourselves and originally became very popular in the nexus 7 forums. Features are very rarely added, and are built to SaberMod's team members liking. Currently there are two members of SaberMod working on this project. Myself and @jarjar124 . Please understand our time is limited and we are only two people who have lives, and do not have 25-50 members like CyanogenMod to add things. And our goal is not to add a bunch of features that bloat the system of the ROM.
    Source: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2158698

What is Linaro?
    Linaro is the place where engineers from the world's leading technology companies define the future of Linux on ARM. The company is a not-for-profit engineering organization with over 120 engineers working on consolidating and optimizing open source software for the ARM architecture, including the GCC toolchain, the Linux kernel, ARM power management, graphics and multimedia interfaces.
    Source: http://www.linaro.org/linux-on-arm/
    good news...
    i have managed to compile slimsaber 4.3.1 for p4 device. :D
    slimsaber is an unofficial slimbean rom that i compiled with sabermod toolchain for galaxys2 and galaxy note.
    as i tested, it is much faster than this build aokp 4.2.2, especially with 1.4 ghz. the app just opens very fast.
    however slimbean doesn't have ui mode like aokp. so as you can see in the screenshot, there is separate status bar at top of the screen, but you can hide the status bar if there is no notifications. the navbar at the bottom is also center oriented, but it is manageable since you can put 2 another buttons.
    however the wifi indicator doesn't work, but wifi works fine as usual, just cosmetic thing.
    i'll test more...

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk
    AOKP-p4-UNOFFICIAL-SaberMod-4.9-20130804.zip

Changes:
    * Now compile the rom using -O3 GCC optimization flags. Rom feels smoother and respons better.
    * Follow CM to re-enable dalvik performance optimizations.
    * Use the ability to hide GC freed lines in logcat -> less logging.
    * See the rest in changelog.

Note: The rom size is a little bigger than previous build. It is normal and caused by the -O3 compiler flags.
    AOKP-p4-UNOFFICIAL-SaberMod-4.9-20130925.zip

Changes:
    * Compiled kernel using Linaro 4.7.4-201309.
    * Disabled scrolling cache.
    * Thumbnail handling optimizations.
    * Cherry-picked 4.3 changes mainly to improve performance and to fix memory leak and FC.
    * Improvements in MediaProvider.
    * See changelog for the rest.

Overall, I feel more performance improvement. :)