[ROM][P900][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 11 | 20150209

Search This thread

MC1987

Nov 15, 2014
There's unfortunately no development for the Qualcomm version.

But I thought there were problems with developing custom ROMs for Exynos processors because they don't release the source code or whatever? This is a bummer, though technically the internals are exactly the same as a Note 3 (Snapdragon 800 with same GPU and 3GB RAM) with the only difference being the larger and higher res screen so would it not be easy to produce one for the 905?

bonuzzz

Apr 1, 2005
But I thought there were problems with developing custom ROMs for Exynos processors because they don't release the source code or whatever? This is a bummer, though technically the internals are exactly the same as a Note 3 (Snapdragon 800 with same GPU and 3GB RAM) with the only difference being the larger and higher res screen so would it not be easy to produce one for the 905?
maybe it's easy to develop for p905, but unfortunately by this time nobody hasn't done anything.
i have p900 version. so i do only for this version because of testing.

Reactions: amityg

Riffer

Oct 6, 2010
I may have found a bug:

Switching from Hardware keys to softkeys and back stopped the longpress "menu" option from working. In addition it results in firefox was missing the 3 dots (for the settings menu).

Switching again to softkeys the missing 3 dots of firefox came back but I am used to the hardware keys.

To fix this problem installation of Xposed "3dot Mod" helped. Only install and use this specific mod when in "hardware keys mode" otherwise you will get in trouble because the soft keys are gone (not even configurable in the preferences)!

Now the function of "menu" for longpressing the "back" key works again for me and in Firefoxs the "3 dots" are back in hardware keys mode again.

I just faced a new problem. In Google play the hardware back button does not work. Instead I see an arrow on the top left corner.

Last edited:

canezila

Nov 13, 2010
Orlando
Google Pixel 3a XL
OnePlus 7T
What do you expect the cm12 timetable for p900 if at all? Cm11 is awesome (OP). Just wanted to know your thoughts on when /if it would be ported?

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

QUOTE=DexterFichuk;56693278]Hey, just wanted to let everyone know I am currently working on trying to build CM12 for the P900, if anyone has any experience I would love all the help! As soon as I get something built together and slightly functioning, I will post![/QUOTE]

Found my answer

Duly.noted

Dec 5, 2013
Having an issue when trying to share photos to facebook from the gallery. Facebook opens but the screen is totally black

Sent from my SM-P900 using XDA Premium HD app

VeEuzUKY

Oct 10, 2008
Hey, just wanted to let everyone know I am currently working on trying to build CM12 for the P900, if anyone has any experience I would love all the help! As soon as I get something built together and slightly functioning, I will post!

This is great news! Let me know if I can help! Can't wait for CM12 on this Tab!

Last edited:
@Valera1978
Is it possible to create a build for P905? Which would be the main difference? Only the kernel? Thanks in advance

Problem is not in kernel. Problem in hardware - this is fully differ - exynos vs qualcom.
Technically it is possible to build - it will need take http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2786899 as base - they are very similar. It can take several days, may be week. Main problem is - it will need to test, but we don't have P905, only P900.
And right now we are very busy with P900 - we just run first CM 12 LOLLIPOP - it's need clean up.

Let's try do it, but a bit later (1-2 weeks).

Reactions: gl000008

andrew.mackew

Mar 25, 2011
Problem is not in kernel. Problem in hardware - this is fully differ - exynos vs qualcom.
Technically it is possible to build - it will need take http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2786899 as base - they are very similar. It can take several days, may be week. Main problem is - it will need to test, but we don't have P905, only P900.
And right now we are very busy with P900 - we just run first CM 12 LOLLIPOP - it's need clean up.

Let's try do it, but a bit later (1-2 weeks).

Fantastic! Looking forward to test CM for p905! :) Thank you very much! :good:

Reactions: rgolnazarian

chfarges

Jul 23, 2014

Wow! Thanks for the quick reply. I would like to test it but by now I do not have a custom recovery installed on my P905. I found it here
http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/237
but as I am still on stock recovery (also stock rom but rooted), it seems that I need to use odin to flash it. Problem is that I'm ob hollidays and I don't have a PC with me but just a mac. I will look tomorrow if I can do it from virtualbox unless you have another idea. If it's not possible, I'll be able to do it only in 10 days or so.

Anyways thanks for this first build!

chfarges

Jul 23, 2014
Wow! Thanks for the quick reply. I would like to test it but by now I do not have a custom recovery installed on my P905. I found it but as I am still on stock recovery (also stock rom but rooted), it seems that I need to use odin to flash it. Problem is that I'm ob hollidays and I don't have a PC with me but just a mac. I will look tomorrow if I can do it from virtualbox unless you have another idea. If it's not possible, I'll be able to do it only in 10 days or so.

Anyways thanks for this first build!

I finally managed to install TWRP on my P905 via ODIN using virtualbox on my mac ! I am now making a full backup before trying to install the rom.

Top Liked Posts