[ROM][P900][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 11 | 20150209

Search This thread

chfarges

Jul 23, 2014
I finally managed to install TWRP on my P905 via ODIN using virtualbox on my mac ! I am now making a full backup before trying to install the rom.

Sorry to post here again for P905 but as I don't have the requested 10 posts, I cannot post in the right thread.
I have the same problem as js345 : stuck at the galaxy screen. I use TWRP and was on the official firmware.
I have however an issue. I made a backup using TWRP on my external SD card (which seemed to work great: MD5 sum and so on worked) and wanted to restore it but when I open RESTORE in TWRP, it remains empty (wether I choose internal or external SD). I am now downloading official firmware but I would like to know if there is a workaround to restore the backup that TWRP does not propose.
Thanks!!

Barracuda77777

Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Xiaomi Mi 6
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Sorry to post here again for P905 but as I don't have the requested 10 posts, I cannot post in the right thread.
I have the same problem as js345 : stuck at the galaxy screen. I use TWRP and was on the official firmware.
I have however an issue. I made a backup using TWRP on my external SD card (which seemed to work great: MD5 sum and so on worked) and wanted to restore it but when I open RESTORE in TWRP, it remains empty (wether I choose internal or external SD). I am now downloading official firmware but I would like to know if there is a workaround to restore the backup that TWRP does not propose.
Thanks!!

you must've used twrp 8.xx, it's best to use twrp 7.1.1, it's not without issues but it at least makes a back-up.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

chfarges

Jul 23, 2014
you must've used twrp 8.xx, it's best to use twrp 7.1.1, it's not without issues but it at least makes a back-up.

Thanks. I followed your advice and installed TWRP 2.7.1. It however did not allow me to have access to the backcup I made on TWRP 2.8.0. When I'll have put back the stock rom (still waiting for the download to finish, very slow internet connexion here), I'll try to make a backup with 2.7.1 and see if it appears when I select "restore".

Barracuda77777

Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Xiaomi Mi 6
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Thanks. I followed your advice and installed TWRP 2.7.1. It however did not allow me to have access to the backcup I made on TWRP 2.8.0. When I'll have put back the stock rom (still waiting for the download to finish, very slow internet connexion here), I'll try to make a backup with 2.7.1 and see if it appears when I select "restore".

2.7.1 have issues too, when it restores stock roms it messes up the permissions, works well with asop roms though. so the only way to fix permissions with stock is to reset your rom after the restore, at least you won't have to reflash the rom via Odin and re root :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

chfarges

Jul 23, 2014
2.7.1 have issues too, when it restores stock roms it messes up the permissions, works well with asop roms though. so the only way to fix permissions with stock is to reset your rom after the restore, at least you won't have to reflash the rom via Odin and re root :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice! Sorry for the noob question but how do I "reset the rom after the restore"?

chfarges

Jul 23, 2014

in settings, back up and reset :)

Thanks again. Maybe you can hep me further. I have downloaded several firmwares from sammobile. I unzip the zip file to get a .tar.md5 file and when I click on AP button in odin (3.09 or 3.10) I get a strange error message as below:

Barracuda77777

Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Xiaomi Mi 6
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Thanks again. Maybe you can hep me further. I have downloaded several firmwares from sammobile. I unzip the zip file to get a .tar.md5 file and when I click on AP button in odin (3.09 or 3.10) I get a strange error message as below:

it looks like you don't have the proper USB drivers installed, also make sure you are using a cable that you know is good, I had once lots of problems as well, flashing failing half way through turns out I was using a faulty cable.

Also if you have a another computer I would try on that as well just in case.

good luck

chfarges

Jul 23, 2014
it looks like you don't have the proper USB drivers installed, also make sure you are using a cable that you know is good, I had once lots of problems as well, flashing failing half way through turns out I was using a faulty cable.

Also if you have a another computer I would try on that as well just in case.

good luck

In fact USB was not plugged when I made the screen capture. Odin finds correctly the tablet as I have just installed TWRP successfully with it.
The error message appears when I click on AP and select the .tar.md5 file (which I assume I can do even with the tablet not connected to USB as nothing is transmitted at this step, only trying to load the firmware in odin => I tried with the tablet connected but it does not work too and it is original cable).

Stevethegreat

Nov 28, 2010
Serious Battery Issues!

This is a great rom, very economical in the Ram Department and generally pretty swift. My only issue is the unbelievably high consumption of battery from the screen. I mean my tablet sleeps well, when I use it to listen to music is fine but whenever I do anything with the screen (play a game, watch a movie) it seeps the battery like it's nothing. I used to get 7-8 hours of screen time with the stock rom. Now I'm getting half that (3.5-4 hours) and that's not an understatement, it really cut my battery in half.

I use it for 2 weeks and I have started getting used to it and I reaaaally don't want to revert to stock samsung, so if anyone has any tip to ... stop the bleeding it would be very welcome. Btw I'm running a custom kernel with VT enabled for linux purposes i hope that that was not it...

chfarges

Jul 23, 2014
In fact USB was not plugged when I made the screen capture. Odin finds correctly the tablet as I have just installed TWRP successfully with it.
The error message appears when I click on AP and select the .tar.md5 file (which I assume I can do even with the tablet not connected to USB as nothing is transmitted at this step, only trying to load the firmware in odin => I tried with the tablet connected but it does not work too and it is original cable).

It was md5 sum. After several downloads, one was working (bad internet connection). It is not from my country (France) but from Nordic countries. I hope it is not a problem.
I'm now back to stock. I'll reinstall twrp and make a proper Backup. Then I'll try the new versions of Cyanogen and try to help the community...

tomatende2001

Sep 6, 2007
Aachen
This is a great rom, very economical in the Ram Department and generally pretty swift. My only issue is the unbelievably high consumption of battery from the screen. I mean my tablet sleeps well, when I use it to listen to music is fine but whenever I do anything with the screen (play a game, watch a movie) it seeps the battery like it's nothing. I used to get 7-8 hours of screen time with the stock rom. Now I'm getting half that (3.5-4 hours) and that's not an understatement, it really cut my battery in half.

I use it for 2 weeks and I have started getting used to it and I reaaaally don't want to revert to stock samsung, so if anyone has any tip to ... stop the bleeding it would be very welcome. Btw I'm running a custom kernel with VT enabled for linux purposes i hope that that was not it...

Simple adjust the auto brightness. My Settings:

3%
15%
25%
50%
75%

Diec123

Feb 8, 2015
My feedback...

Hi.

I just wanted to add that this software is working really fine. I have not find any problem yet and all hardware works as expected. Even my Bluetooth keyboard (Logitech PRO) works great. Google apps and SPen are working fine with suggested additional software.

Thanks guys for your time: this software has greatly improved my experience with this tablet.

Two additional feedbacks:
-It could be great if you could reduce the size of the on-screen keyboard. It is really huge by default.
-I have the feeling that the screen empties the battery quite fast (sorry, not factual data...).

Thanks again !

Hi.

I just wanted to add that this software is working really fine. I have not find any problem yet and all hardware works as expected. Even my Bluetooth keyboard (Logitech PRO) works great. Google apps and SPen are working fine with suggested additional software.

Thanks guys for your time: this software has greatly improved my experience with this tablet.

Two additional feedbacks:
-It could be great if you could reduce the size of the on-screen keyboard. It is really huge by default.
-I have the feeling that the screen empties the battery quite fast (sorry, not factual data...).

Thanks again !

I will build (today/tomorrow) another CM11 version with the latest version of code and reduced keyboard.

tomatende2001

Sep 6, 2007
Aachen

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-09-11-49-36.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-09-11-49-36.png
    185.8 KB · Views: 536

Davin093

Feb 17, 2014
How is everything?

Hey guys, my tablet is sm-p901 and it would be amazing if this tablet have a custom ROM with everything work on it including network or camera..... Thank

Top Liked Posts