[ROM][P900][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) | LOLLIPOP | 20151104

Search This thread

thompatry

Recognized Developer
Aug 28, 2012
Kansas
When I click on it, I access to a Google Drive with multiple folders, all are empty but the one called SM-P900, there's 1 zip on it from the 13th of June...

I have tried this from 3 different browsers and don't have this issue. I think you have a cache problem.

Last edited:

leomon32

Apr 11, 2011
saint jean de luz
Ok, just tried the July update and got exactly the same issue as the June one, I'm stuck at the "Patching system image unconditionally"... So far I can update till May, after that June and July doesn't work, does someone have the same issue ? (tried full wipe and all, same result exactly like June, SM-P900 French version TWRP 3.0.2-0).

Last edited:

thompatry

Recognized Developer
Aug 28, 2012
Kansas
Ok, just tried the July update and got exactly the same issue as the June one, I'm stuck at the "Patching system image unconditionally"... So far I can update till May, after that June and July doesn't work, does someone have the same issue ? (tried full wipe and all, same result exactly like June, SM-P900 French version TWRP 3.0.2-0).

I just tried the latest nightly that I built for CM-12.1 and did not have any issue. How are you doing a full wipe? Are you going into advanced wipe and wiping the system partition? Here is an picture of what my terminal looks like after it have been installed. Picture

Here are the steps I follow to install from fresh/clean/full wipe:
  1. Enter Recovery
  2. Touch "Wipe"
  3. Touch "Advanced Wipe"
  4. Select: "Dalvik/ART Cache", "Cache", "Data", "System"
  5. Slide the "Swipe to Wipe" and wait for it to finish
  6. Touch/Press the software or hardware Home button at the bottom of the screen
  7. Touch "Install"
  8. Select the Rom
  9. Slide "Swipe to Confirm" and wait for it to install
  10. Touch "Wipe cache/dalvik"
  11. Touch "Reboot System"

With those steps, it will ensure you have a clean fresh install.

leomon32

Apr 11, 2011
saint jean de luz
I just tried the latest nightly that I built for CM-12.1 and did not have any issue. How are you doing a full wipe? Are you going into advanced wipe and wiping the system partition? Here is an picture of what my terminal looks like after it have been installed. Picture

Here are the steps I follow to install from fresh/clean/full wipe:
  1. Enter Recovery
  2. Touch "Wipe"
  3. Touch "Advanced Wipe"
  4. Select: "Dalvik/ART Cache", "Cache", "Data", "System"
  5. Slide the "Swipe to Wipe" and wait for it to finish
  6. Touch/Press the software or hardware Home button at the bottom of the screen
  7. Touch "Install"
  8. Select the Rom
  9. Slide "Swipe to Confirm" and wait for it to install
  10. Touch "Wipe cache/dalvik"
  11. Touch "Reboot System"

With those steps, it will ensure you have a clean fresh install.

Doesn't work at all, like the June version, even with everything formatted and just having the rom on the SD card, same result... May update and all the previous ones worked perfectly, as soon as it's after that one, nope, stuck at the same message again and again. I saw on multiple forums that lots of people are having the same issues but on different devices without any particular reason :(

- Tried formatting everything and install like a new rom : fail
- Tried formatting everything and install as an update : fail
- Tried doing the same with another version of TWRP : fail

I don't know what I can do from that point...

Last edited:

DaveUK

Feb 19, 2005
Have you tried flashing the full stock rom back to the device with odin? I had some problems with CM13 so went back to 12.1 and it did the same. Reflashed stock booted to system then flashed twrp. Booted again then put 12.1 on and all was ok......literally had me on the verge of buying a new P900 thinking I'd toasted something!

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

leomon32

Apr 11, 2011
saint jean de luz
Have you tried flashing the full stock rom back to the device with odin? I had some problems with CM13 so went back to 12.1 and it did the same. Reflashed stock booted to system then flashed twrp. Booted again then put 12.1 on and all was ok......literally had me on the verge of buying a new P900 thinking I'd toasted something!

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

I just tried that, format everything, reinstall stock with ODIN then install TWRP with ODIN then tried to install the July version, nope still the same, stuck at the same screen (did also the zip verification and the MD5, everything is correct with the file...). I really don't know what to do again from that point, I mean why the May file work but not the June or July ones...

thompatry

Recognized Developer
Aug 28, 2012
Kansas
Doesn't work at all, like the June version, even with everything formatted and just having the rom on the SD card, same result... May update and all the previous ones worked perfectly, as soon as it's after that one, nope, stuck at the same message again and again. I saw on multiple forums that lots of people are having the same issues but on different devices without any particular reason :(

- Tried formatting everything and install like a new rom : fail
- Tried formatting everything and install as an update : fail
- Tried doing the same with another version of TWRP : fail

I don't know what I can do from that point...

I would tried what @DaveUK said above. Sounds like something go corrupted. Let me know your results.

leomon32

Apr 11, 2011
saint jean de luz
I would tried what @DaveUK said above. Sounds like something go corrupted. Let me know your results.

I just tried what he told me, nothing is corrupted, I did a zip check on my computer and on TWRP, everything is fine... Redownloaded the files multiple times, all the cm12.1 version prior to June work but after June (June included) not. Tried multiple TWRP, multiple way to install TWRP format everything and all, still the same.

thompatry

Recognized Developer
Aug 28, 2012
Kansas
I've got the same issue like him ^^
You've fixed the issue some times ago, only the 2 latest build got that problem. It might be the updater script

Thanks! It made me think back and I know the issue now! It has to deal with the System Image size being different between varients of the SM-P900.

I am currently building a new version that should work now. Sorry about all that. I will let you know when it is built and uploaded. Thanks for not giving up on me!

thompatry

Recognized Developer
Aug 28, 2012
Kansas
I just tried that, format everything, reinstall stock with ODIN then install TWRP with ODIN then tried to install the July version, nope still the same, stuck at the same screen (did also the zip verification and the MD5, everything is correct with the file...). I really don't know what to do again from that point, I mean why the May file work but not the June or July ones...

I've got the same issue like him ^^
You've fixed the issue some times ago, only the 2 latest build got that problem. It might be the updater script

It should be fixed now. I have removed the old broken builds from the directory. Let me know what happens. :) Link

Last edited:

leomon32

Apr 11, 2011
saint jean de luz
It should be fixed now. I have removed the old broken builds from the directory. Let me know what happens. :) Link

Awesome ! It works now ! I really thought something was wrong with my tablet xD Thanks a lot !!!

PS : For me the camera doesn't work properly, I managed to take only one photo and since then you got the flash, then it register nothing and freeze...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts