[ROM][P900][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 13.0 | Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow | 20160406

Search This thread

francesco totti

Jul 14, 2013
Actually it is easy to install.
1. You should have TWRP 3.0.2.0 installed (it helps)
2. Copy CM-13 to your SD card
3. Copy GaPPS for CM-13 to your SD card
4. Reboot into recovery
5. MAKE A ROM BACKUP BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING (very important)
6. in TWRP, select Wipe, Advanced
7. Wipe Dalvik, Cache, Data, System
8. Install CM-13 (DO NOT REBOOT after install)
9. Install GaPPs for CM-13
10. Reboot
11. Enjoy MM

I have this working on my P901 (had to change wifi drivers, but wifi now works)
Why different wifi drivers ?! Both P900 and 901 have the same hardware , only P901 has an extra 3g modem , for example I'm now using CM 12.1 on my P901 and I only changed the updater-script and wifi works fine!!

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

gcrutchr

Jun 11, 2009
Bangkok
Why different wifi drivers ?! Both P900 and 901 have the same hardware , only P901 has an extra 3g modem , for example I'm now using CM 12.1 on my P901 and I only changed the updater-script and wifi works fine!!

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

I had some problems with not being able to connect to some wifi devices.
The wifi change I made allows me to connect to all wifi devices - including my home wifi which the default wifi drivers did not see.
Am using cm13.

Reactions: francesco totti

ElsaReyes

Apr 25, 2016
And now my pc won't recognize my tablet anymore and it won't let me access it at all.

I swear technology just likes to spite me. I always try to do something others manage so easily, and yet for me it destroys the world apparently.

Don't even get me started on the two hours I spent trying to get my xbox controller to work on my pc, only for it to never work.

gcrutchr

Jun 11, 2009
Bangkok
And now my pc won't recognize my tablet anymore and it won't let me access it at all.

I swear technology just likes to spite me. I always try to do something others manage so easily, and yet for me it destroys the world apparently.

Don't even get me started on the two hours I spent trying to get my xbox controller to work on my pc, only for it to never work.

You need to go into settings/about phone/tap on build number until msg appears saying developer options unlocked.
In settings/developer options turn on Android debugging.
Should be able to connect to your phone from your PC now.
Also in developer options you can enable root.

CrankyPants

Apr 13, 2014
Anyone managed to get xposed to work? I tried a lot of builds of the app and of the binairy, but every time I open xposed and I click on something, I get a black screen and I need to restart to get my tablet working again.

ElsaReyes

Apr 25, 2016
Ok, just thought I'd fill you in, but everything seems to be working now, though it did crash for no reason a little while ago. I started up a vid in Mx Player, and black screen. Worked fine the next ten vids I started, so I'm guessing it was just a coincidence.

Anyway, I ended the overheating by installing SetCPU, tell me, is 800 max, 650 min good or should I change it to something else?

Lastly, so far today I've had been using my tablet for about an hour fifteen minutes, and it's gone from 100 to 86 percent. Not sure if that's good or not, I can never tell.

Oh, and does anyone have an answer on if Nova Launcher works with this? Because I don't want to reinstall it if it'll just keep crashing.

Reactions: oldseddie

ElsaReyes

Apr 25, 2016
Ok, bit more time with it, tablet has crashed 10 times in the past hour. Can anyone think of anything I can do to stop this? Am I suppose to disable something or install something else?

gcrutchr

Jun 11, 2009
Bangkok
@Valera1978

Am having some errors making CM13 for SM-P900:

Import includes file: /home/gcrutchr/cm13/out/target/product/v1awifi/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libcommonpawrapper_intermediates/import_includes
target thumb C++: libMcClient <= hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos5420/mobicore/daemon/ClientLib/Device.cpp
hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos5420/mobicore/daemon/ClientLib/Device.cpp:42:22: fatal error: mc_linux.h: No such file or directory
#include "mc_linux.h"
^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [/home/gcrutchr/cm13/out/target/product/v1awifi/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libMcClient_intermediates/ClientLib/Device.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make: Leaving directory `/home/gcrutchr/cm13'

#### make failed to build some targets (06:10 (mm:ss)) ####

More errors:
hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos5420/mobicore/daemon/Kernel/Platforms/Generic/CMcKMod.cpp:353:5: warning: missing initializer for member 'mc_ioctl_reg_wsm::table_phys' [-Wmissing-field-initializers]
hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos5420/mobicore/daemon/Kernel/Platforms/Generic/CMcKMod.cpp: In member function 'uint64_t CMcKMod::findWsmL2(uint32_t, int)':
hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos5420/mobicore/daemon/Kernel/Platforms/Generic/CMcKMod.cpp:442:32: error: aggregate 'CMcKMod::findWsmL2(uint32_t, int)::mc_ioctl_resolv_wsm wsm' has incomplete type and cannot be defined
struct mc_ioctl_resolv_wsm wsm;
^
hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos5420/mobicore/daemon/Kernel/Platforms/Generic/CMcKMod.cpp: In member function 'mcResult_t CMcKMod::findContiguousWsm(uint32_t, int, uint64_t*, uint32_t*)':
hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos5420/mobicore/daemon/Kernel/Platforms/Generic/CMcKMod.cpp:474:9: error: 'struct mc_ioctl_resolv_cont_wsm' has no member named 'fd'
wsm.fd = fd;
^
hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos5420/mobicore/daemon/Kernel/Platforms/Generic/CMcKMod.cpp: In member function 'mcResult_t CMcKMod::setupLog()':
hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos5420/mobicore/daemon/Kernel/Platforms/Generic/CMcKMod.cpp:527:25: error: 'MC_IO_LOG_SETUP' was not declared in this scope
ret = ioctl(fdKMod, MC_IO_LOG_SETUP, 0);
^
hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos5420/mobicore/daemon/Kernel/Platforms/Generic/CMcKMod.cpp: In member function 'uint64_t CMcKMod::findWsmL2(uint32_t, int)':
hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos5420/mobicore/daemon/Kernel/Platforms/Generic/CMcKMod.cpp:463:1: error: control reaches end of non-void function [-Werror=return-type]
}
^
cc1plus: some warnings being treated as errors
make: *** [/home/gcrutchr/cm13/out/target/product/v1awifi/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libMcClient_intermediates/Kernel/Platforms/Generic/CMcKMod.o] Error 1

#### make failed to build some targets (01:50 (mm:ss)) ####

Have followed your directions in the readme file.

I have downloaded CM13 for Samsung i9300 and compiled successfully, so I do not believe it is my environment.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

thompatry

Recognized Developer
Aug 28, 2012
Kansas
@Valera1978

Am having some errors making CM13 for SM-P900:

Import includes file: /home/gcrutchr/cm13/out/target/product/v1awifi/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libcommonpawrapper_intermediates/import_includes
target thumb C++: libMcClient <= hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos5420/mobicore/daemon/ClientLib/Device.cpp
hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos5420/mobicore/daemon/ClientLib/Device.cpp:42:22: fatal error: mc_linux.h: No such file or directory
#include "mc_linux.h"
^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [/home/gcrutchr/cm13/out/target/product/v1awifi/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libMcClient_intermediates/ClientLib/Device.o] Error 1

#### make failed to build some targets (06:10 (mm:ss)) ####

More errors:
hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos5420/mobicore/daemon/Kernel/Platforms/Generic/CMcKMod.cpp:353:5: warning: missing initializer for member 'mc_ioctl_reg_wsm::table_phys' [-Wmissing-field-initializers]
hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos5420/mobicore/daemon/Kernel/Platforms/Generic/CMcKMod.cpp:442:32: error: aggregate 'CMcKMod::findWsmL2(uint32_t, int)::mc_ioctl_resolv_wsm wsm' has incomplete type and cannot be defined
struct mc_ioctl_resolv_wsm wsm;
^
hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos5420/mobicore/daemon/Kernel/Platforms/Generic/CMcKMod.cpp: In member function 'mcResult_t CMcKMod::findContiguousWsm(uint32_t, int, uint64_t*, uint32_t*)':
hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos5420/mobicore/daemon/Kernel/Platforms/Generic/CMcKMod.cpp:474:9: error: 'struct mc_ioctl_resolv_cont_wsm' has no member named 'fd'
wsm.fd = fd;
^
hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos5420/mobicore/daemon/Kernel/Platforms/Generic/CMcKMod.cpp: In member function 'mcResult_t CMcKMod::setupLog()':
hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos5420/mobicore/daemon/Kernel/Platforms/Generic/CMcKMod.cpp:527:25: error: 'MC_IO_LOG_SETUP' was not declared in this scope
ret = ioctl(fdKMod, MC_IO_LOG_SETUP, 0);
^
hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos5420/mobicore/daemon/Kernel/Platforms/Generic/CMcKMod.cpp:463:1: error: control reaches end of non-void function [-Werror=return-type]
}
^
cc1plus: some warnings being treated as errors
make: *** [/home/gcrutchr/cm13/out/target/product/v1awifi/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libMcClient_intermediates/Kernel/Platforms/Generic/CMcKMod.o] Error 1

#### make failed to build some targets (01:50 (mm:ss)) ####

Have followed your directions in the readme file.

I have downloaded CM13 for Samsung i9300 and compiled successfully, so I do not believe it is my environment.

Any help would be appreciated.
Couple of things, Valera is no longer supporting this device. I am the new device maintainer. If you look back a couple of posts, you can see that this is no longer an active thread and there is a link to a different one.

Next thing, there is an issue with the headers in one of the CM repos. They were trying to clean up some of the files but it broke some items along the way. There is a huge debate going on of what direction that CM should take to resolve this issue. They can revert back to an older version that fixes this issue and many other issues and allows mobicore to function properly. But the issues is that it is old. Some people don't like old things. The other option is try to correct the mclinux header issue. No one has came up with a proper solution yet so it is still broke. This is what you are seeing. To fix this, replace the exynos 5420 cm repo in your local manifest, with this one. https://github.com/CM-Tab-S/android...adByoApp?rid=75858']XDA-Developers mobile app

Reactions: franzli

gcrutchr

Jun 11, 2009
Bangkok
Couple of things, Valera is no longer supporting this device. I am the new device maintainer. If you look back a couple of posts, you can see that this is no longer an active thread and there is a link to a different one.

Next thing, there is an issue with the headers in one of the CM repos. They were trying to clean up some of the files but it broke some items along the way. There is a huge debate going on of what direction that CM should take to resolve this issue. They can revert back to an older version that fixes this issue and many other issues and allows mobicore to function properly. But the issues is that it is old. Some people don't like old things. The other option is try to correct the mclinux header issue. No one has came up with a proper solution yet so it is still broke. This is what you are seeing. To fix this, replace the exynos 5420 cm repo in your local manifest, with this one. https://github.com/CM-Tab-S/android...adByoApp?rid=75858']XDA-Developers mobile app

Thanks for the reply.
Will try what you said to do.

thompatry

Recognized Developer
Aug 28, 2012
Kansas
please port cm 13 for samsung t900 with working camera and bluetooth
I am going to keep this pretty simple. First, please read previous posts. Second, please read the CM 12.1 thread for your device. I have posted there why I cannot build for that device. Third, I am currently working on the camera for this device so when it comes around it will come around. Last but not least, please, please be patient. I have a life outside of just working on this. I am currently in the process of moving and graduating so right now.

Mod, can you please close or lock this thread.

Sent from my SM-G920V using XDA-Developers mobile app

LightningPup

Jun 3, 2016
Hey everyone again. I have a new nightly with a few changes. Mainly minor things dealing with the graphics and battery. I planning on getting the camera fixed soon. I am currently during some testing with it.

Installed CM-13.0-20-160504 on my SM-P900 32Gig (TWRP 3.0.2).
I flashed CM13, Gapps 6.0, SuperSU 2.67. The build was stable and error-free during 3 days of heavy use. Usage was comprised of installing many apps, games, soft keyboards, & VPN/wifi use. I was unable to get the camera working with any app but that is already a known issue.
The only other issue I encountered that prevents me from continuing to use CM-13 is sluggish graphics performance.
The graphics display stuttered every few seconds with every game and live wallpaper I tested (CoC, Vain Glory, Real Racing 3, Traffic Rider, Leo's Fortune & many more).
To verify that it was a CM-13 issue I flashed CM-12.1, Gapps 5.1-mini, SuperSu 2.67 and saw no issue with the graphics.
I wiped/re-flashed CM-13 and reloaded all software. I performed all the same tests again with identical results, stuttering graphics display. I had no widgets running and eliminated any unnecessary services.
I did not perform exhaustive tests by any means but I wanted to post my experience for others to compare with their own experience.

I re-flashed CM-12.1 and will stay with that for now.
The CM-13 graphics issues are too interruptive for me to consider using it regularly but the build was exceptionally stable and smooth other than that one issue. I didn't experience any software incompatibility and I tested 50+ apps that I use regularly. Nice job on the build guys. I'll test again as new builds become available.

I also have a SM-P905V (Verizon) but have yet to get the boot-loader unlocked.
Towel-Root 3 did not work (even when using the special code) although someone else posted success using it.
I tried various adb fastboot scenarios with no luck. It seems to be locked down tight.

Last edited:

jeff862

Mar 5, 2007
i flashed p900 cm13 on t900 sucessfully it's boot up but the auto rotate is not working .... what is the workaround on this ?plz help for the camera i just wait for the update

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone