[ROM][P900][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 13.0 | Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow | 20160406

Search This thread

shonkin

Oct 15, 2012
THANK YOU. :D Finally have my sdcard back on line w/ Cyanogen 13.0. Camera not a deal breaker for the time being.... Always have my phone, after all. :silly:

Pressin' on!

Reactions: amityg

leomon32

Apr 11, 2011
saint jean de luz
I'm not sure about this, but I think it's the kernel that's messing with Knox. I have Audax rom on my Edge+ and the first couple of builds had stock kernel and no signs at boot of Knox complaining. Now we have @pierdebeer s kernel and Knox is now very upset at boot :D

Edit: Seems like we both have right and wrong. Apparently there are ways to root without tripping Knox even if you have a custom kernel and/or custom recovery. Did a little searching and there are a tons of discussions and solutions out there. I've never cared about warranty. Always rooted all of my past Sammy devices from brand new. 6 years now and about 10 different devices with out any problems. But that's me....:D

I think I won't care myself actually ! most of the time I give my tablets to my parents so they are never sold (they check if it's custom or not here sigh) and the warranty is dead, so...

Reactions: thools60

Yemble

Sep 2, 2013
Bradford
Can anyone compare the multiwindow feature of 6.0 with Samsung's version?

I have tried this experimental multi-window on my Galaxy S3 running CM13. It is not as good as Samsung's multi-window, but it is usable. I'm going to wait until this mod matures before committing it to my NotePro, so I don't know whether the tablet implementation is any different from the phone.

FrankFieb

Aug 29, 2012
Herne, NRW
I am getting reboots after starting something in the xposed installer APP. Xposed work but I can not enable vor disable any modules. If I choose e.g. download in the APP the system gets a black screen and I have to reboot. Someone else with this Problem?

Gesendet von meinem SM-P900 mit Tapatalk

Dreamer7050

May 9, 2012
I am getting reboots after starting something in the xposed installer APP. Xposed work but I can not enable vor disable any modules. If I choose e.g. download in the APP the system gets a black screen and I have to reboot. Someone else with this Problem?

Gesendet von meinem SM-P900 mit Tapatalk

If It's a Xposed issue, you can download the unistall .zip from the xposed downloads and disable from recovery. I'm running xposed perfectly, check if all mods are compatible with android 6. There are lists with the working modules.

Hope that helps!:fingers-crossed:

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

Does anyone have the Spen button working? If you guys can check It and tell me "yes It's working" or "no is not". Cause I want to know if It's just my problem. Thank you anyway.:good:

Reactions: FrankFieb

joejsullivan

Dec 16, 2014
Chicago
Thanks Valera.

After a full wipe I get the welcome screen, click next then get a blank screen.
Has anyone else encountered this?
Thanks,
Joe

Edit: happens even after removing the setup wizard.
Edit: Set up WiFi first allowed me to not get blank screens. GMail will not sync though.
Hardware button does not function, neither does the cascade window option.

I'm going to try installing CM12 then dirty flash 13.
Edit: booted, went thorough CM setup, sandisk setup second screen goes blank.

I've now rolled back to CM12.
Another bug in 13 is the USB mode is set to MTP after each restart, you'll notice this being a bug for you if you plug your charger in and it says something like "charging slowly".

Last edited:

lanimul

Nov 2, 2012
Salt Lake City
Thanks Valera.

Thanks,
Joe

Edit: Set up WiFi first allowed me to not get blank screens. GMail will not sync though.

I've had this issue as well.. Seems fine til I flash gapps, the older build of version in link

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

tomatende2001

Sep 6, 2007
Aachen
I have tried this experimental multi-window on my Galaxy S3 running CM13. It is not as good as Samsung's multi-window, but it is usable. I'm going to wait until this mod matures before committing it to my NotePro, so I don't know whether the tablet implementation is any different from the phone.

Ok, I tried it on the 12.2. You can choose between split screen (left, right) or 4 apps mode. The handling for the user is not so good as on the original ROM, but the apps itself working better than with Samsungs multi window feature. I think they get the correct dimensions from Android 6. With Samsungs multi windows feature the apps have often scaling problems.

Thanks Valera.

Thanks,
Joe

I've now rolled back to CM12.
Another bug in 13 is the USB mode is set to MTP after each restart, you'll notice this being a bug for you if you plug your charger in and it says something like "charging slowly".
Unfortunately, I have given back to the P900, and I can not check the current problems :(
During this limited period of time (2 weeks) I have done as much as possible, the firmware is still far from the ideal state, much has been done, but many remained.

The good news: this weekend I spoke with @thompatry - he has agreed to continue to work with cm13.0 for p900/t900. I hope that soon there will be a stable version.

thools60

Aug 14, 2013
Kristinehamn
That's fantastic news @Valera1978 ! And thank you soo so much for starting this. I have to say, for an early build it works extremely good. I use it as a daily driver. There are no really big issues at all. At least not for my needs

Dreamer7050

May 9, 2012
Thanks @Valera1978 for start the work and @thompatry for continue with this. Using it as my daily driver as well. Only thing I'm looking for solving is the Spen button. Thank you guys!

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

joejsullivan

Dec 16, 2014
Chicago
Unfortunately, I have given back to the P900, and I can not check the current problems :(
During this limited period of time (2 weeks) I have done as much as possible, the firmware is still far from the ideal state, much has been done, but many remained.

The good news: this weekend I spoke with @thompatry - he has agreed to continue to work with cm13.0 for p900/t900. I hope that soon there will be a stable version.

Thanks Valera. Appreciate the hard work on this rom.
Joe

Rolldog

Sep 4, 2013
Baton Rouge
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm kinda a newbie. I've only flashed on other ROM before, and I want to make sure I don't brick my device. It's currently rooted, and I have TWRP 3.0 loaded. Do I just open TWRP, click Install, click add zip, select your ROM zip file, and then select Flash Now? Do I need to select anything like wipe data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik, or create a backup? I've already created a recovery. I'd appreciate some assistance, but I hate to waste people's time with novice questions.

oomho

Feb 19, 2008
Delft
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm kinda a newbie. I've only flashed on other ROM before, and I want to make sure I don't brick my device. It's currently rooted, and I have TWRP 3.0 loaded. Do I just open TWRP, click Install, click add zip, select your ROM zip file, and then select Flash Now? Do I need to select anything like wipe data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik, or create a backup? I've already created a recovery. I'd appreciate some assistance, but I hate to waste people's time with novice questions.

3. Backup all partitions (it least efs) and store somewhere - it need to do - because you can loose imei
4. Full wipe all
5. Reboot recovery
6. Flash firmware
7. Flash gapps

Reactions: Mike10705

Rolldog

Sep 4, 2013
Baton Rouge
I'm using TWRP and every time I try to flash this ROM, I get an error saying, "Could not find 'META-INF/com/google/android/update-binary' in the zip file. Error installing zip file. I'm sure it has something to do with me because it gives me the same error if I try to flash back to the CivZ ROM I was using previously.

I booted into TWRP, I went to Wipe, I also cleared cache and Dalvic files, but now I'm stuck in TWRP because I don't think I'm doing something right.

Can anyone give me a hand here? Just to verify, what do I need to have checked under Settings? If I unchecked Zip signature verification, would that get me past this? I know the downloads are good because I used the other ROM once before. I was also able to flash the Gapps file successfully from page 1.

I would appreciate any assistance. I'm on vacation and would rather not spend my vacating working on my tablet, although it wouldn't be the first time.

thools60

Aug 14, 2013
Kristinehamn
I'm using TWRP and every time I try to flash this ROM, I get an error saying, "Could not find 'META-INF/com/google/android/update-binary' in the zip file. Error installing zip file. I'm sure it has something to do with me because it gives me the same error if I try to flash back to the CivZ ROM I was using previously.

I booted into TWRP, I went to Wipe, I also cleared cache and Dalvic files, but now I'm stuck in TWRP because I don't think I'm doing something right.

Can anyone give me a hand here? Just to verify, what do I need to have checked under Settings? If I unchecked Zip signature verification, would that get me past this? I know the downloads are good because I used the other ROM once before. I was also able to flash the Gapps file successfully from page 1.

I would appreciate any assistance. I'm on vacation and would rather not spend my vacating working on my tablet, although it wouldn't be the first time.

What version of TWRP do you have? From what I can see on the Web it can depend on various reasons. This might help you https://m.reddit.com/r/AndroidQuest...ng_to_install_stock_rom_with_twrp_fails_with/ Maybe updating TWRP to latest might help. https://twrp.me/devices/samsunggalaxynotepro122exynoswifi.html

Last edited:
Reactions: flamadiddle

Top Liked Posts