[ROM][P900][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 13.0 | Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow | 20160406

Search This thread
Mar 29, 2015
The latest firmware (lineage-13.0-20170106-UNOFFICIAL-v1awifi) works great! I haven't found any new problems using it, seems really smooth. Thanks again thompatry! I'm looking forward to the MHL and volume fixes, those are things I'm interested in too...

Btw, the date of the latest build in the first post is still the old 2016 one right now.

af818276

Nov 10, 2014
I dont know if that allready was asked, but does this OS supports all the S-Pen functions? Does this functions still running smooth like with the Original Samsung OS?

coco1476

May 25, 2014
Hi thompatry, first thank you for your hard work. I have a question for you or anyone who can answer. Which on of your lineages rom is faster and has less bugs, 13.0 or the 14.1?

tincho5588

Oct 30, 2012
Villa Carlos Paz
Deathly Adiutor is making persistent connections to analytics site 'app-measurement.com'. This is a nasty little surprise. Anyone know exactly what's being uploaded?
We are collecting all your private data to sell it online! muajaja! :D
joking joking! LOL

DA uses firebase analytics, firebase crash reports, and admob services... (Dont know firebase¿ click here!)
Anyway, those services are provided by Google, they are perfectly safe, and they only gather information related to the app and its behavior... It is what we use to know the fatal crashes, ANRs, and all that stuff that help us improve the app code to make it better and more stable...
If you want to know more about firebase, they have a nice web page with lots of information, you can find everything in the link I provided...
Cheers!

Phuyuk

Dec 1, 2014
Vancouver
We are collecting all your private data to sell it online! muajaja! :D
joking joking! LOL

DA uses firebase analytics, firebase crash reports, and admob services... (Dont know firebase¿ click here!)
Anyway, those services are provided by Google, they are perfectly safe, and they only gather information related to the app and its behavior... It is what we use to know the fatal crashes, ANRs, and all that stuff that help us improve the app code to make it better and more stable...
If you want to know more about firebase, they have a nice web page with lots of information, you can find everything in the link I provided...
Cheers!

Yes, I know. 'Nothing to worry about.'... 'Everybody's doing it.' The thing is, there are folks - myself included - who've taken deliberate and meaningful steps to disconnect from Google primarily, and analytics generally. F-Droid, for example, tags analytics as "Anti-features", in bold red letters. If analytics is baked into a ROM (fundamentally rude, in my opinion), as is apparently the case with Adiutor in the most recent P900 CM13 releases, the user should at least be afforded the opportunity to OPT OUT.

Cheers!

tincho5588

Oct 30, 2012
Villa Carlos Paz
Yes, I know. 'Nothing to worry about.'... 'Everybody's doing it.' The thing is, there are folks - myself included - who've taken deliberate and meaningful steps to disconnect from Google primarily, and analytics generally. F-Droid, for example, tags analytics as "Anti-features", in bold red letters. If analytics is baked into a ROM (fundamentally rude, in my opinion), as is apparently the case with Adiutor in the most recent P900 CM13 releases, the user should at least be afforded the opportunity to OPT OUT.

Cheers!
Disabling the app will do it if u r not OK with firebase...
As I said before, it is only a tool aimed for development... No need to be paranoic...
Oh, btw, if u believe what anybody says on the net, u r doomed dude... Idk what f-droid is, IDC either... I know I develop this app, I know what kind of info firebase gives me... U can believe my word, or just not use the app!

Phuyuk

Dec 1, 2014
Vancouver
Disabling the app will do it if u r not OK with firebase...
As I said before, it is only a tool aimed for development... No need to be paranoic...
Oh, btw, if u believe what anybody says on the net, u r doomed dude... Idk what f-droid is, IDC either... I know I develop this app, I know what kind of info firebase gives me... U can believe my word, or just not use the app!

"Dude?" Don't be demeaning, just because you clearly haven't anything thoughtful or insightful to add to the conversation. There should be full disclosure. If you really don't understand that principle, then "u r doomed" (and naive) Learn for yourself what F-Droid is. (Clearly, 'open source' is not in your vernacular.)

tincho5588

Oct 30, 2012
Villa Carlos Paz
"Dude?" Don't be demeaning, just because you clearly haven't anything thoughtful or insightful to add to the conversation. There should be full disclosure. If you really don't understand that principle, then "u r doomed" (and naive) Learn for yourself what F-Droid is. (Clearly, 'open source' is not in your vernacular.)

Didnt mean to offend... sorry...
anyway, I dont know what F-droid is, idc either...
If you really care about the Open Source subject, the source code of the app is available for you to check it out, or build it...
Link to the source code:
https://github.com/exynos5420/deathly_adiutor_free

You can always change whatever you want in the code before building...
This is the way I ship the app... If you think it does not fit your philosophy, you can change it for your own usage... All the needed tools are at your disposal...

Phuyuk

Dec 1, 2014
Vancouver
Didnt mean to offend... sorry...
anyway, I dont know what F-droid is, idc either...
If you really care about the Open Source subject, the source code of the app is available for you to check it out, or build it...
Link to the source code:
https://github.com/exynos5420/deathly_adiutor_free

You can always change whatever you want in the code before building...
This is the way I ship the app... If you think it does not fit your philosophy, you can change it for your own usage... All the needed tools are at your disposal...

Yes, if I don't like the build recipe, I can build it myself. I already know that. That's hard advice for others who aren't equipped to do it. DA shouldn't have been baked in - not witbout clear disclosure (especially for the novice), an 'opt-out', or both. "Don't like ads" is not disclosure of analytics telemetry, btw.

thools60

Aug 14, 2013
Kristinehamn
Yes, if I don't like the build recipe, I can build it myself. I already know that. That's hard advice for others who aren't equipped to do it. DA shouldn't have been baked in - not witbout clear disclosure (especially for the novice), an 'opt-out', or both. "Don't like ads" is not disclosure of analytics telemetry, btw.
Please guys! Take this discussion privately.

Reactions: FlyingHorseGA

Mr Creosote

Nov 25, 2013
is there a way to stop it from constantly displaying the # telling me that greenify has root access?
I've gone into developer options>manage root accesses and disabled notification/toast for greenify, and it's still there all the time, even after rebooting

edit: the new update for greenify has made it go away :)

Last edited:

cHECKjAM

Aug 28, 2015
Please guys! Take this discussion privately.

Actually no. Im happy he brought this up and I totally agree with everything he says.
The only reason I would want to use these unofficial roms is because I want to try to disconnect from google as much as possible.. It is no joke or paranoia and anyone who does not respect where our future is going is indeed either dumb or naive...

If there is anything in these roms that does not need to be there that actually work with google analytics for absolutely NO BENEFIT for the user, I see no reason why it should not be highlighted and informed to us. So again Thank you @Phuyuk for calling this out so I know now that I should at least go in and disable this feauture as fast as I can.. I would not have known or suspected something like this would be active in a custom rom like this unless I had read your posts..
And no I am not a expert on these custom rom things so there is no way I can build my own rom with the open source.. But I dont understand why we should not be warned about this **** before we install or at least a guide to where and how to turn google spyware **** off...

Thanks!

thools60

Aug 14, 2013
Kristinehamn
Actually no. Im happy he brought this up and I totally agree with everything he says.
The only reason I would want to use these unofficial roms is because I want to try to disconnect from google as much as possible.. It is no joke or paranoia and anyone who does not respect where our future is going is indeed either dumb or naive...

If there is anything in these roms that does not need to be there that actually work with google analytics for absolutely NO BENEFIT for the user, I see no reason why it should not be highlighted and informed to us. So again Thank you @Phuyuk for calling this out so I know now that I should at least go in and disable this feauture as fast as I can.. I would not have known or suspected something like this would be active in a custom rom like this unless I had read your posts..
And no I am not a expert on these custom rom things so there is no way I can build my own rom with the open source.. But I dont understand why we should not be warned about this **** before we install or at least a guide to where and how to turn google spyware **** off...

Thanks!
They were discussing each other's behavior

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    By request, I have made my own LineageOS 13.0 thread. I will work on this when I have time during the evenings and after work.

Thanks
    Exynos5420 Dev Team ( @deadman96385 @thompatry @ZakooZ @Orion116 @mosimchah @joshndroid @Andmoreagain @thermskin, @javelinanddart )

@Valera1978 - Setting up the initial build and getting it to device work
    @deadman96385 - For continuous support on helping me make a better ROM
    @ZakooZ and @javelinanddart - For helping me fix the Camera
    @deadman96385 and @javelinanddart - For helping me fix the IR blaster

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

Do not ask for ETAs. If you do, I will ignore you and your post.

SEANDROID ERROR
    • If you see a message at boot about Recovery or Kernel is not SEANDROID Enforcing, you can ignore it. This is just telling you that you are not running Samsung stock software. It has no effect on recovery or the ROM itself nor related to either.

Instructions
    1. Install custom recovery Link
    1.*I have built a new version of TWRP with the MM kernel. MTP, Vibations, ADB now work and there are performance increases. The rom will need to allow v1awifi naming for flashing in recovery. Link
    2. Download the zip(s) - ROM and Google Apps additional package (optional)
    3. Backup all partitions in TWRP - this will be your recovery point if things don't install correctly.
    4. Full wipe all
    5. Flash ROM
    6. Flash GApps

Note: Please make sure you have a Lollipop bootloader. Below are the steps to flash it.

Known Issues
    Lower than stock audio volumes
    MHL out to TV not working

Nightlies
    Latest Nightly Date: 12/23/16
    Device Builds

GApps
    http://opengapps.org/
    Platform: ARM
    Android: 6.0

Bootloader Information
    You need to make sure you have a lollipop bootloader installed or else your device won't boot. Here you can go grab the latest bootloader and odin and flash it in download mode. Read all the steps before you do this.

Make sure you have a full backup because just in case you something fails.

Here are the steps to flash this via ODIN:
    1. Reboot your tablet into download mode. Do this by first switching off the phone, then pressing and holding the volume down + home button together and then pressing the power button. Press volume up button to enter download mode.
    2. Open ODIN on your computer. You’ll see the ID:COM box turning yellow with a COM port number upon successful connection with the tablet.
    3. In ODIN click the BL button, select the bootloader firmware. It's a tar.md5 file.
    4. Make sure Auto Reboot & F. Reset Time options are selected in ODIN
    5. Click on the start button. When the process is completed your phone will reboot.

Sources
    In the readme file (see device tree) all instructions for build.
    LineageOS: https://github.com/LineageOS/
    Device: https://github.com/exynos5420/android_device_samsung_v1awifi
    Kernel: https://github.com/exynos5420/android_kernel_samsung_exynos5420
    Vendor: https://github.com/exynos5420/proprietary_vendor_samsung
    New Build
    As promised here is the new build. The list of the changes are below. It captures 99% of the changes but I might have shorten some of it since there has been a lot that changed.

As always feedback please. I can't make a better ROM without your feedback!

Enjoy! Link

Changelog
    • Changed the lock screen so it no longer says slowly charging
    • Updated the camera to the MM blobs (Camera is a lot faster and the picture quality is better)
    • Cleaned up the camera configs
    • Fix OTG permissions
    • Enabled multi-window by default
    • Enabled Samsung Bluetooth
    • Cleaned up the Bluetooth configs
    • Enabled multi-threaded decode for the boot animation
    • Fixed WiFi Display and allow it to display DRM content
    • Enabled extended file system support at the kernel level (NTFS and EXFAT)
    • Tuned the CPU/GPU for the interactive kernel (A lot of performance gain here)
    • Updated the audio to the i9500 hal
    • Updated the media profiles and codec MM
    • Fixed the IR blaster (Moved the initialization back to the on parameter in the ramdisk)
    • A lot of GPU/CPU performance tweaks from the kernel level
    • Updated various blobs at the vendor level to the MM version (Sound Effect, Sswap, Mobicore, Mfc_bin, libstagefright, scranton_RD)
    • Modified the Wolfson DAC settings (The sound should be a little bit louder. This is still a work in progress.)
    Hey Everyone,

Just a quick update, I have posted a new build today with usual updates. Nothing really changed on the device or kernel side of things. OK Google is still broken and the default audio levels are still not set. We are getting close to having them finalized.

In other exciting news, I have released CM-14.1 for the P900 (v1awifi). Everything is super stable. I hope this is a good Christmas present! Here is the thread. Link

New CM-13.0 nightly posted. Link

As always, keep giving the great feedback.
    Hey Guys,

Long time no talk. Been busy with the holidays and works. I am working Nougat. So far it is looking good. I am working on getting it bug free before I release it. In other news, the next release will have some battery optimization in it. I have been testing it and it looks very promising. I will release that as soon as I can get something out that is ready for the public. Last item of business, the Exynos5420 Team has been working really hard developing a kernel auditor for the Exynos5420 devices. It going to awesome. It practically can control everything kernelwise. We are looking to release it sometime and December.

In other news, thank you all for the logs on the S Pen. I know the issue now. It is now the battle of trying to figure out how to fix it.

Last bit but not least, @DGT79 is helping me out on getting responses back to faster. I have been so busy trying to fix things and work on N I don't have a ton of time to respond on XDA. As always, if you have issue or questions, please feel free to ask but search the thread first to make sure it hasn't been asked. @DGT79 and I enjoy making this device the best it can.

Alright that is all I got for right now. Keep giving the feedback and I will keep fixing items.
    Hey Everyone. Sorry i disappeared for about a month. It has been beyond hectic with moving, finishing school, and getting started at my new job. I did not forget about you or the development of this rom or any others. A little backstory, I got moved to my new place and got all set up. Well I needed to wait for the internet to be set up. Finally that was set up, my build server motherboard died so I have been trying to come up with something new. I finally have another dev helping me out with this (they would like to remain anonymous). So this week I will be getting into the nitty gritty of the work again. I am currently building a version that has all the latest CM update but I have not made any changes on the device since my last build. As soon as that is finished, I will post it. I am going to be working on the camera a lot this week and hopefully I can get that going. Last but not least, thank you for all the feedback. I can't test everything on my own so this feedback is valuable. So with all that, I hope you had a great weekend and a new build will be posted soon. :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone