[ROM][P900][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 13.0 | Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow | 20160406

Search This thread

antieau

Jul 31, 2016
I just installed the latest build with the latest gapps, and everything works great with the exception of hangouts dialer. The moment I type a character in a reply, hangouts aborts. Is there anything I can capture when it happens to help find the problem?

risant

Aug 6, 2016
i have resolved the random freeze issue on samsung t900 using cm13 rom for p900....i have installed the cm 13 p900 on t900 first then reboot completed the installation process then reboot again to recovery and installed gapps... if u install the cm13 and gapps simultaneously there will be random freeze on T900..... lastly how do u implement the auto rotate driver of cm13 p900 to work on T900? t900 and p900 have different rotation sensor ... the rest are the same please help

thompatry

Recognized Developer
Aug 28, 2012
Kansas
i have resolved the random freeze issue on samsung t900 using cm13 rom for p900....i have installed the cm 13 p900 on t900 first then reboot completed the installation process then reboot again to recovery and installed gapps... if u install the cm13 and gapps simultaneously there will be random freeze on T900..... lastly how do u implement the auto rotate driver of cm13 p900 to work on T900? t900 and p900 have different rotation sensor ... the rest are the same please help

@risant You are on your own for fixing this. This thread is not for T-900. So in short, right now I am only developing for the P900 and will not be just adding random things into the P900 rom to make the T900 work. Sorry to be rude but seriously. I promise I will work on the T900 when I get the camera up or if someone donates me a device.

I just installed the latest build with the latest gapps, and everything works great with the exception of hangouts dialer. The moment I type a character in a reply, hangouts aborts. Is there anything I can capture when it happens to help find the problem?

I don't have that issue. Which gapps package are you installing? I typically pick micro or nano and install everything else from the Play Store.

Sue Payne Key

May 24, 2016
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Nova Launcher Issues

The screen flicker can be resolved by physically unplugging the battery and replugging it in. Do this in conjunction with battery conditioning and the flicker will be gone.

1) Drain the battery completely
2) Remove back from tablet (ref. uTube videos)
3) Unplug battery
4) Apply contact cleaner if you have a can to hand
5) Re-seat the plug
6) Stick a small foam pad on top of the plug to apply mild pressure to the plug
7) Replace the tablet back
8) Charge the battery up to 100% without turning the tablet on
9) Flicker should now be gone!

Note that I run Nova without any issues.
I read somewhere that the battery should be conditioned each time a new ROM is applied.

Thanks, but I had previously already tried the steps you recommended without success, and have a replacement battery on the way which I hope will resolve these issues. Besides, I didn't write to complain about my battery issues, I wrote to confirm that ElsaReyes (the prior poster) is not the only user noticing issues with Nova Launcher on this particular ROM.

When Nova Launcher is installed with this ROM, my tablet becomes unusable due to constant crashes and screen flickering. When Nova is uninstalled, the tablet returns to normal. When installing Nova on previous CM ROMs on this tablet, I've also had no issues.

Yemble

Sep 2, 2013
Bradford
I will look into after I get the camera fixed.

Just a heads up like I said before, CM is loading the camera module but it cannot connect to it. So stayed tuned. New nightly is up so enjoy! Link

My SMP900 has battery-related issues (screen flicker, random restarts, etc...) that appear when my battery level approaches 50%. I just installed a clean CM13 nightly build a few days ago. Subsequently, I installed Nova Launcher as I always do. Almost immediately, even though my battery level was close to 90%, my battery issues were kicked into high gear... screen flicker, restarts, app crashes... Strangely, plugging in the tablet did not help like it usually does. The only solution was uninstalling Nova. Immediately, the issues disappeared, and have not reappeared, even though I've let my battery level dip below 60%.

Sadly, Nova Launcher is definitely a problem for me.

Thanks, but I had previously already tried the steps you recommended without success, and have a replacement battery on the way which I hope will resolve these issues. Besides, I didn't write to complain about my battery issues, I wrote to confirm that ElsaReyes (the prior poster) is not the only user noticing issues with Nova Launcher on this particular ROM.

When Nova Launcher is installed with this ROM, my tablet becomes unusable due to constant crashes and screen flickering. When Nova is uninstalled, the tablet returns to normal. When installing Nova on previous CM ROMs on this tablet, I've also had no issues.

I missed one step when the battery has been fully charged, which was to run the BatteryCalibration app. This deletes a system file storing battery stats.

I too replaced my battery, but this did not fix the flickering. Sometime later I ran through all of the steps above and the screen has been flicker free for weeks now.

I run Nova v4.3.1.

Lonelobo

Jun 3, 2009
@ thompatry tnx for this great rom, are u gone update to android 7.0/cm14 if it becomes available? The native multiwindow function seems like it was made for this tablet.

buffalo_guy

Jun 29, 2012
Buffalo
Nova works fine

I have been using ths rom for a whike with the Nova launcher without any problem. The rom is excellent however I would ike to use Chromecast which is still not playing video.

:

mohsenfa01

Aug 10, 2016
Hi I installed your latest cm 13 on my sm-p901 and it's very smooth and fast ! Thanks so much ! But I have problem with sound ! When I change the volume with up/down key , tablet freezes for a sec or when I go to settings-sound , tablet freezes, keyboard kepress sound has latency for example , what's wrong with sound ?! Thanks so much again for bringing MM to exynos variant! ?
Edit : I can't play audio files too !! What could it be related to ?? Gapps maybe?! Does anybody else have audio problem?!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
How about mobile data does it work?

Sent from my SM-P901 using Tapatalk

mohsenfa01

Aug 10, 2016
OK, so what is the solution ? I wanna android 6.

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

How these guys build the custom cyanogenmod Rom for their devices, can we get into a try to build ?

mohsenfa01

Aug 10, 2016
Is it possible to customizing this Rom for 3g data mobile functionality?

DaveUK

Feb 19, 2005
I believe that the P905 is developed by another user on the forum. Have a look through the forum posts

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

francesco totti

Jul 14, 2013
Yes I know but I am looking for a way to customize this ROM for my tablet. I wanna cyanogenmod on sm-p901 with data connection capability.

I don't have much info about ROM development , but network modules and drivers should be loaded in the kernel from source I think.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

mohsenfa01

Aug 10, 2016
If you know, why do you ask if mobile data works???
I saw "francesco totti" is using & posting by sm-p901, so I asked the question. [emoji41]

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

The stock Rom is so laggy, I hated. I wanna to test cyanogenmod on p901.

thools60

Aug 14, 2013
Kristinehamn
I saw "francesco totti" is using & posting by sm-p901, so I asked the question. [emoji41]

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

The stock Rom is so laggy, I hated. I wanna to test cyanogenmod on p901.
Go for it then. Just backup your current ROM and give it a try.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    By request, I have made my own LineageOS 13.0 thread. I will work on this when I have time during the evenings and after work.

Thanks
    Exynos5420 Dev Team ( @deadman96385 @thompatry @ZakooZ @Orion116 @mosimchah @joshndroid @Andmoreagain @thermskin, @javelinanddart )

@Valera1978 - Setting up the initial build and getting it to device work
    @deadman96385 - For continuous support on helping me make a better ROM
    @ZakooZ and @javelinanddart - For helping me fix the Camera
    @deadman96385 and @javelinanddart - For helping me fix the IR blaster

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

Do not ask for ETAs. If you do, I will ignore you and your post.

SEANDROID ERROR
    • If you see a message at boot about Recovery or Kernel is not SEANDROID Enforcing, you can ignore it. This is just telling you that you are not running Samsung stock software. It has no effect on recovery or the ROM itself nor related to either.

Instructions
    1. Install custom recovery Link
    1.*I have built a new version of TWRP with the MM kernel. MTP, Vibations, ADB now work and there are performance increases. The rom will need to allow v1awifi naming for flashing in recovery. Link
    2. Download the zip(s) - ROM and Google Apps additional package (optional)
    3. Backup all partitions in TWRP - this will be your recovery point if things don't install correctly.
    4. Full wipe all
    5. Flash ROM
    6. Flash GApps

Note: Please make sure you have a Lollipop bootloader. Below are the steps to flash it.

Known Issues
    Lower than stock audio volumes
    MHL out to TV not working

Nightlies
    Latest Nightly Date: 12/23/16
    Device Builds

GApps
    http://opengapps.org/
    Platform: ARM
    Android: 6.0

Bootloader Information
    You need to make sure you have a lollipop bootloader installed or else your device won't boot. Here you can go grab the latest bootloader and odin and flash it in download mode. Read all the steps before you do this.

Make sure you have a full backup because just in case you something fails.

Here are the steps to flash this via ODIN:
    1. Reboot your tablet into download mode. Do this by first switching off the phone, then pressing and holding the volume down + home button together and then pressing the power button. Press volume up button to enter download mode.
    2. Open ODIN on your computer. You’ll see the ID:COM box turning yellow with a COM port number upon successful connection with the tablet.
    3. In ODIN click the BL button, select the bootloader firmware. It's a tar.md5 file.
    4. Make sure Auto Reboot & F. Reset Time options are selected in ODIN
    5. Click on the start button. When the process is completed your phone will reboot.

Sources
    In the readme file (see device tree) all instructions for build.
    LineageOS: https://github.com/LineageOS/
    Device: https://github.com/exynos5420/android_device_samsung_v1awifi
    Kernel: https://github.com/exynos5420/android_kernel_samsung_exynos5420
    Vendor: https://github.com/exynos5420/proprietary_vendor_samsung
    New Build
    As promised here is the new build. The list of the changes are below. It captures 99% of the changes but I might have shorten some of it since there has been a lot that changed.

As always feedback please. I can't make a better ROM without your feedback!

Enjoy! Link

Changelog
    • Changed the lock screen so it no longer says slowly charging
    • Updated the camera to the MM blobs (Camera is a lot faster and the picture quality is better)
    • Cleaned up the camera configs
    • Fix OTG permissions
    • Enabled multi-window by default
    • Enabled Samsung Bluetooth
    • Cleaned up the Bluetooth configs
    • Enabled multi-threaded decode for the boot animation
    • Fixed WiFi Display and allow it to display DRM content
    • Enabled extended file system support at the kernel level (NTFS and EXFAT)
    • Tuned the CPU/GPU for the interactive kernel (A lot of performance gain here)
    • Updated the audio to the i9500 hal
    • Updated the media profiles and codec MM
    • Fixed the IR blaster (Moved the initialization back to the on parameter in the ramdisk)
    • A lot of GPU/CPU performance tweaks from the kernel level
    • Updated various blobs at the vendor level to the MM version (Sound Effect, Sswap, Mobicore, Mfc_bin, libstagefright, scranton_RD)
    • Modified the Wolfson DAC settings (The sound should be a little bit louder. This is still a work in progress.)
    Hey Everyone,

Just a quick update, I have posted a new build today with usual updates. Nothing really changed on the device or kernel side of things. OK Google is still broken and the default audio levels are still not set. We are getting close to having them finalized.

In other exciting news, I have released CM-14.1 for the P900 (v1awifi). Everything is super stable. I hope this is a good Christmas present! Here is the thread. Link

New CM-13.0 nightly posted. Link

As always, keep giving the great feedback.
    Hey Guys,

Long time no talk. Been busy with the holidays and works. I am working Nougat. So far it is looking good. I am working on getting it bug free before I release it. In other news, the next release will have some battery optimization in it. I have been testing it and it looks very promising. I will release that as soon as I can get something out that is ready for the public. Last item of business, the Exynos5420 Team has been working really hard developing a kernel auditor for the Exynos5420 devices. It going to awesome. It practically can control everything kernelwise. We are looking to release it sometime and December.

In other news, thank you all for the logs on the S Pen. I know the issue now. It is now the battle of trying to figure out how to fix it.

Last bit but not least, @DGT79 is helping me out on getting responses back to faster. I have been so busy trying to fix things and work on N I don't have a ton of time to respond on XDA. As always, if you have issue or questions, please feel free to ask but search the thread first to make sure it hasn't been asked. @DGT79 and I enjoy making this device the best it can.

Alright that is all I got for right now. Keep giving the feedback and I will keep fixing items.
    Hey Everyone. Sorry i disappeared for about a month. It has been beyond hectic with moving, finishing school, and getting started at my new job. I did not forget about you or the development of this rom or any others. A little backstory, I got moved to my new place and got all set up. Well I needed to wait for the internet to be set up. Finally that was set up, my build server motherboard died so I have been trying to come up with something new. I finally have another dev helping me out with this (they would like to remain anonymous). So this week I will be getting into the nitty gritty of the work again. I am currently building a version that has all the latest CM update but I have not made any changes on the device since my last build. As soon as that is finished, I will post it. I am going to be working on the camera a lot this week and hopefully I can get that going. Last but not least, thank you for all the feedback. I can't test everything on my own so this feedback is valuable. So with all that, I hope you had a great weekend and a new build will be posted soon. :)