[ROM][P900][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 13.0 | Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow | 20160406

Search This thread

krombopulos

May 8, 2016
I dont think we need to totally derail the thread about flickering displays, I was just celebrating the kernel adiutor recommended by the developer.

JeremySS

Dec 14, 2010
Indianapolis
Hangouts is crashing every time I begin to type. Not sure if you still want logs or not with focus shifting to 14.1. I am on a clean install. Thank you for the hard work.

Don B

Mar 31, 2016
If someone wants a complete procedure in PDF with photos, I've written one for the other technicians where I work, I can provide the file on request.
I can't include as attachment. 563.5 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 488.3 KB..... well...

I'd like the pdf please, I did MP you with an email address.

Thank.you for offering up the procedure and pdf

Don.

DGT79

Aug 29, 2016
Brisbane
Hi thompatry
Thank you so much for your wonderful and hard work on this ROM.....! it's great to have the camera back.

I'm not able to get my mic working on any apps at all.

Would it be posible to have a look at pen detection at some point? I'm using 2 app that need to detect when the pen is removed and replaced, Artflow and S pen keeper, on the last ROM I was using ( cm-13.0-20160504-UNOFFICIAL-v1awifi.zip ) I was able to use a fuction in CM S Pen Add-on(Root) to detect the pen but that functionality in that app does not work on the new cm-13.0-20161130-UNOFFICIAL-v1awifi.zip build.

Thank you :eek:
Hi @Don B,
@thompatry is aware of the audio issue and is working on it for the next build.

However It should be reminded again to everyone I guess, that @thompatry is getting overwhelmed at the moment with work (His daytime job), he is working stupid long hours and has not been able to spend as much as he hoped on finalising some stuff.

Please be patient as I know he is working on some other big surprises as well, but the audio issue is being looked at, is on the agenda for resolution and will make it on the next build as a fix if I am not mistaken.

Also fellow NP12 peeps, please make sure that before registering your issue on here that you at the very minimum do the following:

1. Wipe the Cache in TWRP, this is best located in the advanced wipe menu if you are running the latest TWRP

2. For WiFi please make sure that you have gone into WiFi option and then gone to advanced and then chosen your respective country/region (This is the common problem)

3. If option 1 does not work, then backup your files using TWRP, store them on an external card, then do a full wipe (I even highly recommending doing a full wipe, then reflash and then full wipe again), then set the tablet up as per normal, then go back into TWRP and restore your backup... This has proven to be very helpful in many cases, it should only take about an hour tops to do it.

4. I know it is not scientific, but try and go through some of the pages and see if your problem already has some suggestions, it can take a few minutes but that few minutes can avoid frustrating some of us who have already done the hard work responding to the same question previously... Whilst we are not precious people and we really truly want to help everyone out, I do in real-life hate repeating myself to people over and over again, it does get a little tiresome, so all I am asking is be respectful to your fellow NP12 peeps who have assisted answering the same question, as there are a few of us on here who do actively respond and help people with their issues.

As for the screen flickering issue, it has been documented to death in this thread (And others and on Google), but it is a well known fact that the issue is the connector soldered onto the motherboard, not the actual connector that goes into the PCB from the battery. Soldering it does help and in some cases may resolve it, but as I have discovered the hard way with my one, even soldering it can do a temp fix, and have now discovered you actually need to de-solder the old crap and resolder with new stuff, because if you don't fully resolve the previous crack (You are not assured 100% your new solder will fill the crack) it will cause a dry spot on the other side... So yeah I have to do it all over again and properly de-solder it this time :(

Cheers,

David.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

-- Just a quick note on restoring data to your tablet - I've had the best luck restoring everything except system apps. I would get random things happening on the tablet (reboots, apps hanging, etc.) no matter how many times I wiped, flashed and restored all of my data. I stopped restoring system apps from TB and this ROM has been great ever since, no problems for me at all.

DGT79

Aug 29, 2016
Brisbane
-- Just a quick note on restoring data to your tablet - I've had the best luck restoring everything except system apps. I would get random things happening on the tablet (reboots, apps hanging, etc.) no matter how many times I wiped, flashed and restored all of my data. I stopped restoring system apps from TB and this ROM has been great ever since, no problems for me at all.
Now that is a handy bit of advice, I will have to try that myself now as I have been getting some random lockups and I cannot really see why in the log files, but I never considered to think it might have been the restored system apps.

Nice one @rhricik447 :)

Cheers,

David.

predator74

Nov 26, 2008
Little problem - no root access

First of all thanks for that nearley perfect ROM! I want to have root access because of the s pen app "CM SPen add-on"
I have activated the developer root access settings (Apps and ADB). But the CM SPen add-on says that there is no root access. The root checker app says that the device is rooted but
in red letters SELinux Status: Enforcing. How can i deactivate this setting to get real root access?

Thanks for your replies!

cavalier90

Jul 6, 2015
installed this on my P900 this week. so far, it has been working well. tablet is much more responsive. I can also confirm that the microphone for the "OK Google" is not working. I understand folks are working on it and I am very appreciative of the efforts!

Don B

Mar 31, 2016
Little problem - no root access

First of all thanks for that nearley perfect ROM! I want to have root access because of the s pen app "CM SPen add-on"
I have activated the developer root access settings (Apps and ADB). But the CM SPen add-on says that there is no root access. The root checker app says that the device is rooted but
in red letters SELinux Status: Enforcing. How can i deactivate this setting to get real root access?

Thanks for your replies!

I was having the same problem, the only way I was able to install it was from Titanium Backup, but even if you're able to install it there's no pen detection on removal/insertion, it had been a long time since I had updated a nightly but it was working perfectly on ( cm-13.0-20160504-UNOFFICIAL-v1awifi.zip ) I've tried Nov 30th, Nov 4th, Oct 20th builds but no luck, I can't say if this functionality was lost along the way or if its one of my settings but if it is setting I've yet to figure it out.
If you figure it out please post the info on how you did it, I'd really like to get it working again:)

Reactions: predator74

predator74

Nov 26, 2008
I was having the same problem, the only way I was able to install it was from Titanium Backup, but even if you're able to install it there's no pen detection on removal/insertion, it had been a long time since I had updated a nightly but it was working perfectly on ( cm-13.0-20160504-UNOFFICIAL-v1awifi.zip ) I've tried Nov 30th, Nov 4th, Oct 20th builds but no luck, I can't say if this functionality was lost along the way or if its one of my settings but if it is setting I've yet to figure it out.
If you figure it out please post the info on how you did it, I'd really like to get it working again:)

Thanks for your response. OK then there is actually no chance to get the s pen work like in the offical ROM. No big problem. Besides this I´m very happy with this ROM!!

Don B

Mar 31, 2016
Thanks for your response. OK then there is actually no chance to get the s pen work like in the offical ROM. No big problem. Besides this I´m very happy with this ROM!!

I wouldn't say no chance, my problems may be due to my inability to get the settings right, if you can do without the camera and casting try cm-13.0-20160504-UNOFFICIAL-v1awifi.zip, it was working great for me since early may, much faster than the stock ROM, I've only recently updated but might be going back to the earlier release, the camera and casting is nice but for me not worth losing the mic and pen detection.
Good luck:)

predator74

Nov 26, 2008
As I said I´m pretty happy with the latest ROM. So i will stay with this. The s pen feature isn´t so important to me. I was just wondering about the root problem with the s pen app. But Titanium Backup installed just fine. So i think that s pen app is the reason or is just not compatible. Perhaps thompatry is able to fix the mic and s pen problem and makes us a nice christmas present ;) That would be great!:D

Bystorm

Sep 19, 2012
I'm using this, and it's pretty nice and much faster than the stock Lollipop. However I did have random reboot problems, which I'm chalking up to me using the Linux-On-Android, and trying to get it up and running. Sometimes I had my screen go blank as to I needed to restart.

Just a few minutes ago while using Sketchbook, the screen went blank and restarted. It would sometimes forecfully reboot while sketching.

EDIT: 1:08 AM -Screen frozen again while using Sketchbook.

I'm wondering if I should backup and factory reset, or if there are issues.

Last edited:

DGT79

Aug 29, 2016
Brisbane
I'm using this, and it's pretty nice and much faster than the stock Lollipop. However I did have random reboot problems, which I'm chalking up to me using the Linux-On-Android, and trying to get it up and running. Sometimes I had my screen go blank as to I needed to restart.

Just a few minutes ago while using Sketchbook, the screen went blank and restarted. It would sometimes forecfully reboot while sketching.

EDIT: 1:08 AM -Screen frozen again while using Sketchbook.

I'm wondering if I should backup and factory reset, or if there are issues.
It is a known issue :)

Cheers,

David.

Bystorm

Sep 19, 2012
It is a known issue :)

Cheers,

David.

Cool. I really love this ROM so far. It even blows the CM12 Lollipop out of the water in terms of speed and that I can use the IR blaster to change channels. I don't have complaints about the S-Pen though. Though I wonder if it means people want to use the functions like in Stock. That would be kind of convenient to have the selection capabilities through the S-Pen.

It'd be nice to have some more stability with that speed.

SSam96

Sep 17, 2016
Wow this ROM is great, It runs so smoothly. I used to have a problem with using multiple apps like listing to music and doing other tasks, but now everything is optimized perfectly. Thanks a lot! :)

thompatry

Recognized Developer
Aug 28, 2012
Kansas
Hey Guys,

Sorry I haven't been around much. I have been working my tail off. 60 hours, 6 days a week. I have not forgotten about you guys. I have been diligently working on the "OK Google" and the hardware keys not working for volume unless you have some kind of media playing. Hopefully I can have a fix soon. Both those items are kind of difficult to wrap your head around why they are acting the way they are.

Last but not least, I have a little Christmas present for all of you so stay tuned. As always keep giving great feedback. I may not always reply, but I do read every single one of your posts.

DGT79

Aug 29, 2016
Brisbane
Hey Guys,

Sorry I haven't been around much. I have been working my tail off. 60 hours, 6 days a week. I have not forgotten about you guys. I have been diligently working on the "OK Google" and the hardware keys not working for volume unless you have some kind of media playing. Hopefully I can have a fix soon. Both those items are kind of difficult to wrap your head around why they are acting the way they are.

Last but not least, I have a little Christmas present for all of you so stay tuned. As always keep giving great feedback. I may not always reply, but I do read every single one of your posts.
Hi @thompatry,

Personally I am not overly worried about the "OK GOOGLE" issue as I simply dont use it on my tablet, but I do use it frequently on my phone.

Is it a signature thing due to it being a custom ROM?

I do get the ocassional rebooting issue but all in all it is a very stable ROM and there are little to 0 issues remaining, the rest are functionalty to do with likeness of stock ROM, which I am not fussed about.

Cheers,

David.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    By request, I have made my own LineageOS 13.0 thread. I will work on this when I have time during the evenings and after work.

Thanks
    Exynos5420 Dev Team ( @deadman96385 @thompatry @ZakooZ @Orion116 @mosimchah @joshndroid @Andmoreagain @thermskin, @javelinanddart )

@Valera1978 - Setting up the initial build and getting it to device work
    @deadman96385 - For continuous support on helping me make a better ROM
    @ZakooZ and @javelinanddart - For helping me fix the Camera
    @deadman96385 and @javelinanddart - For helping me fix the IR blaster

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

Do not ask for ETAs. If you do, I will ignore you and your post.

SEANDROID ERROR
    • If you see a message at boot about Recovery or Kernel is not SEANDROID Enforcing, you can ignore it. This is just telling you that you are not running Samsung stock software. It has no effect on recovery or the ROM itself nor related to either.

Instructions
    1. Install custom recovery Link
    1.*I have built a new version of TWRP with the MM kernel. MTP, Vibations, ADB now work and there are performance increases. The rom will need to allow v1awifi naming for flashing in recovery. Link
    2. Download the zip(s) - ROM and Google Apps additional package (optional)
    3. Backup all partitions in TWRP - this will be your recovery point if things don't install correctly.
    4. Full wipe all
    5. Flash ROM
    6. Flash GApps

Note: Please make sure you have a Lollipop bootloader. Below are the steps to flash it.

Known Issues
    Lower than stock audio volumes
    MHL out to TV not working

Nightlies
    Latest Nightly Date: 12/23/16
    Device Builds

GApps
    http://opengapps.org/
    Platform: ARM
    Android: 6.0

Bootloader Information
    You need to make sure you have a lollipop bootloader installed or else your device won't boot. Here you can go grab the latest bootloader and odin and flash it in download mode. Read all the steps before you do this.

Make sure you have a full backup because just in case you something fails.

Here are the steps to flash this via ODIN:
    1. Reboot your tablet into download mode. Do this by first switching off the phone, then pressing and holding the volume down + home button together and then pressing the power button. Press volume up button to enter download mode.
    2. Open ODIN on your computer. You’ll see the ID:COM box turning yellow with a COM port number upon successful connection with the tablet.
    3. In ODIN click the BL button, select the bootloader firmware. It's a tar.md5 file.
    4. Make sure Auto Reboot & F. Reset Time options are selected in ODIN
    5. Click on the start button. When the process is completed your phone will reboot.

Sources
    In the readme file (see device tree) all instructions for build.
    LineageOS: https://github.com/LineageOS/
    Device: https://github.com/exynos5420/android_device_samsung_v1awifi
    Kernel: https://github.com/exynos5420/android_kernel_samsung_exynos5420
    Vendor: https://github.com/exynos5420/proprietary_vendor_samsung
    New Build
    As promised here is the new build. The list of the changes are below. It captures 99% of the changes but I might have shorten some of it since there has been a lot that changed.

As always feedback please. I can't make a better ROM without your feedback!

Enjoy! Link

Changelog
    • Changed the lock screen so it no longer says slowly charging
    • Updated the camera to the MM blobs (Camera is a lot faster and the picture quality is better)
    • Cleaned up the camera configs
    • Fix OTG permissions
    • Enabled multi-window by default
    • Enabled Samsung Bluetooth
    • Cleaned up the Bluetooth configs
    • Enabled multi-threaded decode for the boot animation
    • Fixed WiFi Display and allow it to display DRM content
    • Enabled extended file system support at the kernel level (NTFS and EXFAT)
    • Tuned the CPU/GPU for the interactive kernel (A lot of performance gain here)
    • Updated the audio to the i9500 hal
    • Updated the media profiles and codec MM
    • Fixed the IR blaster (Moved the initialization back to the on parameter in the ramdisk)
    • A lot of GPU/CPU performance tweaks from the kernel level
    • Updated various blobs at the vendor level to the MM version (Sound Effect, Sswap, Mobicore, Mfc_bin, libstagefright, scranton_RD)
    • Modified the Wolfson DAC settings (The sound should be a little bit louder. This is still a work in progress.)
    Hey Everyone,

Just a quick update, I have posted a new build today with usual updates. Nothing really changed on the device or kernel side of things. OK Google is still broken and the default audio levels are still not set. We are getting close to having them finalized.

In other exciting news, I have released CM-14.1 for the P900 (v1awifi). Everything is super stable. I hope this is a good Christmas present! Here is the thread. Link

New CM-13.0 nightly posted. Link

As always, keep giving the great feedback.
    Hey Guys,

Long time no talk. Been busy with the holidays and works. I am working Nougat. So far it is looking good. I am working on getting it bug free before I release it. In other news, the next release will have some battery optimization in it. I have been testing it and it looks very promising. I will release that as soon as I can get something out that is ready for the public. Last item of business, the Exynos5420 Team has been working really hard developing a kernel auditor for the Exynos5420 devices. It going to awesome. It practically can control everything kernelwise. We are looking to release it sometime and December.

In other news, thank you all for the logs on the S Pen. I know the issue now. It is now the battle of trying to figure out how to fix it.

Last bit but not least, @DGT79 is helping me out on getting responses back to faster. I have been so busy trying to fix things and work on N I don't have a ton of time to respond on XDA. As always, if you have issue or questions, please feel free to ask but search the thread first to make sure it hasn't been asked. @DGT79 and I enjoy making this device the best it can.

Alright that is all I got for right now. Keep giving the feedback and I will keep fixing items.
    Hey Everyone. Sorry i disappeared for about a month. It has been beyond hectic with moving, finishing school, and getting started at my new job. I did not forget about you or the development of this rom or any others. A little backstory, I got moved to my new place and got all set up. Well I needed to wait for the internet to be set up. Finally that was set up, my build server motherboard died so I have been trying to come up with something new. I finally have another dev helping me out with this (they would like to remain anonymous). So this week I will be getting into the nitty gritty of the work again. I am currently building a version that has all the latest CM update but I have not made any changes on the device since my last build. As soon as that is finished, I will post it. I am going to be working on the camera a lot this week and hopefully I can get that going. Last but not least, thank you for all the feedback. I can't test everything on my own so this feedback is valuable. So with all that, I hope you had a great weekend and a new build will be posted soon. :)