[ROM][P901][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 13.0 | Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow | 20161211

Search This thread

gcrutchr

Jun 11, 2009
Bangkok
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.​

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Important information:
This thread is for Unofficial CyanogenMod 13.0 builds for v1a3g (SM-P901). The following will not be supported here:
* Custom kernels
* Mods
* Xposed

I don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes a Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
* Flashed a custom kernel
* Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
* Modified system files

NOTICE:
This ROM may still have some bugs (although minor). Most things work except:
  • mic
  • Ok Google

S-Pen works with S-Pen apps (paint, notes, etc.). No popup will appear on removal.

If you find other issues (CM13 issues) please post them. May take a while to fix but they will be worked on.

ALSO - please DO NOT ask about CM14 - it is being looked into - no other info available.

Installation

First time flashing CyanogenMod 13.0 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
Download the zip(s)
Install a compatible Recovery
Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
Wipe data/factory reset
Flash CyanogenMod
Install the Google Apps addon package (Optional)
Reboot

Other issues?
Before posting in this thread, make sure of a few things:

• You used the search function of the forums.
  • If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
  • Make sure your post is relevant to this thread.
  • Logs! You can use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog&hl=en

Downloads

12/11 build

Google Drive: SM-P901-CM13
Mega Drive: SM-P901-CM13
One Drive: SM-P901-CM13

Old Downloads

Changelog:

12/11
Initial Release

Google Apps:
http://opengapps.org/- thanks to the OpenGapps team!

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Source:
Kernel: https://github.com/exynos5420/android_kernel_samsung_exynos5420
Device Tree: https://github.com/exynos5420/android_device_samsung_ha3g

Credits:
@UpInTheAir for his kernel magic and misc fixes
@crpalmer (for picassowifi device and kernel gits)
@eousphoros (for his work on klimtwifi)
@nvertigo67 (for his work on chagallwifi)
@Nexorrr (for his work on chagalllte)
@tincho5588(For testing my builds on device)
Exynos5420 Dev Team (@deadman96385 @thompatry @ZakooZ @Orion116 @mosimchah @joshndroid @Andmoreagain @thermskin, @javelinanddart)

Last edited:

mohsenfa01

Aug 10, 2016
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Important information:
This thread is for Unofficial CyanogenMod 13.0 builds for v1a3g (SM-P901). The following will not be supported here:
* Custom kernels
* Mods
* Xposed

I don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes a Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
* Modified system files

NOTICE:
mic
Ok Google

S-Pen works with S-Pen apps (paint, notes, etc.). No popup will appear on removal.

If you find other issues (CM13 issues) please post them. May take a while to fix but they will be worked on.

ALSO - please DO NOT ask about CM14 - it is being looked into - no other info available.

Installation

First time flashing CyanogenMod 13.0 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
Download the zip(s)
Wipe data/factory reset
Flash CyanogenMod
Reboot

Other issues?
You used the search function of the forums.
If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
Make sure your post is relevant to this thread.
Logs! You can use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog&hl=en

Downloads

12/11 build

Old Downloads

Changelog:

12/11
Initial Release

Google Apps:

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Source:

Credits:
Exynos5420 Dev Team (@deadman96385 @[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@thermskin, @javelinanddart)

After one day , I found some bugs.
This cm ROM doesn't detect current battery status correctly. I plugged my charger to sm-p901 , unfortunately after 12 hours the battery status represents "50 %".
Second bug is WiFi . I have to select a bandwidth from 1 to 13 manually to connecting into my home wireless router.
Hope you fix this. Thank u so much :)

gcrutchr

Jun 11, 2009
Bangkok
After one day , I found some bugs.
This cm ROM doesn't detect current battery status correctly. I plugged my charger to sm-p901 , unfortunately after 12 hours the battery status represents "50 %".
Second bug is WiFi . I have to select a bandwidth from 1 to 13 manually to connecting into my home wireless router.
Hope you fix this. Thank u so much :)

Battery level has always been a issue with cyanogen mod (your battery is charging, though) - at least on all the ones I have tried. Do a google search for battery calibration.
Wifi - did you do a data wipe (try that) - also make sure your router is set to auto for band; and finally, in wifi settings, select forget network and try to reconnect.

Last edited:

mohsenfa01

Aug 10, 2016
Battery level has always been a issue with cyanogen mod (your battery is charging, though) - at least on all the ones I have tried. Do a google search for battery calibration.
Wifi - did you do a data wipe (try that) - also make sure your router is set to auto for band; and finally, in wifi settings, select forget network and try to reconnect.

There is serious problem with battery, therefore there are so many apps which claim to calibrate battery, which one do you suggest to use?

gcrutchr

Jun 11, 2009
Bangkok
There is serious problem with battery, therefore there are so many apps which claim to calibrate battery, which one do you suggest to use?

Never used a battery calibration app - usually wait for green light to come on so I know battery full.
I suggest do a google search for cynogenmod and battery charging issue.

mohsenfa01

Aug 10, 2016
I found there is serious WiFi channel issue in all marshmallow devices, just google these words:
Marshmallow WiFi channel

It seams this android version has disability to find WiFi units with channel 13 or 1. What's your opinion ?

gcrutchr

Jun 11, 2009
Bangkok
I found there is serious WiFi channel issue in all marshmallow devices, just google these words:
Marshmallow WiFi channel

It seams this android version has disability to find WiFi units with channel 13 or 1. What's your opinion ?

My wifi router (Thailand) has channels 1-13. I have no problem connecting with this rom or any other, including my Galaxy S3 which is on CM, my iPad Pro, my Note 5 and my Note Pro 12.2 (3g).

Did you clear the data before installing rom? Did you clear cache and dalvik cache?
Try downloading WIFI Analyzer on Play Store....maybe it will help.

gcrutchr

Jun 11, 2009
Bangkok
Thank you.
How can i compile from source code?

In the 1st post there are links to the source code. You need to set up your computer 1st to build android.
Then you can get the base android source from github and the v1a3g source code from the link in post #1.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.​

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

Important information:
    * Custom kernels
    * Mods
    * Xposed

* Modified system files

NOTICE:
    • mic
    • Ok Google

Installation

Download the zip(s)
    Wipe data/factory reset
    Flash CyanogenMod
    Reboot

Other issues?

• You used the search function of the forums.
    • If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
    • Make sure your post is relevant to this thread.
    • Logs! You can use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog&hl=en

Downloads

12/11 build

Old Downloads

Changelog:

12/11
    Initial Release

Google Apps:

Source:

Credits:
    Exynos5420 Dev Team (@deadman96385 @thompatry @ZakooZ @Orion116 @mosimchah @joshndroid @Andmoreagain @thermskin, @javelinanddart)
    Excellent

Thanks for this beautiful 6.0.1 ROM....great boost from stock 5.0.2 which was sluggish...very fast and stable...no issues to complain up to now...really appreciate you guys!!!
    :)
    Everything work well, thanks. However, can you build Nougat for P901? I am looking forward, Just see other P900-905 has Nougat and P901 doesn't make me so jealous >.<

Nougat is being "looked" at. There is no ETA for Nougat as of yet. .
    Hmm, I believe I try to touch every place on my screen, press every button and nothing happen, so I give up on that LOS and start with RR. Can you fix that problem? RR is too many things allow to customize and It make me stress :)) :)) too many things to config :)) I prefer Lineage OS than RR

Just talked to the developer and it has been fixed. A new version will be posted some time this week.
    :confused: support for this impoverished device sm-p901
    rom 14.1 Like the rest of the hardware p905 or p900 right Now time ( p901 )
    Please attention

Uh...have you read the previous posts?
    LOS 14.1 is being looked into. Patience is a virtue.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone