[ROM][P905][N7 Port] 6.0.1 TouchWiz Marshmallow 20171231

Search This thread

LegendSmoker

Apr 9, 2012
Thank You this is great but i would really like for auto rotation to work can you add it to your app?
Sorry i cant and it wont be easy since Note7 is a Phone and NotePro a Tablet...
Bluetooth does not work. Tried to enable it today, but no luck.
Bluetooth is working fine here
HELLO, I CAN NOT OPERATE THE APPLICATION. Do not center the clock
I know it was just to test what works and what not....

Gesendet von meinem SM-N930F mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Alejuan2005

Loakidog

Oct 30, 2016
Can someone tell me how to fix processing failed when I sign in to my Samsung account? It worked before with this rom but now it doesnt. I have gone back to previous versions etc. It works fine on my note 5 and on the factory rom for the pro still. I don't know what happened? Thank you for any help. I am seriously still new to most of this.

diaaart

Feb 25, 2017
Please support

Please support this device ( sm-901 )

---------- Post added at 01:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 AM ----------

Please support this device ( sm-p901 )

Loakidog

Oct 30, 2016
@Valera1978 I feel like you are probably well aware but I thought it would be worth mentioning anyway that there seems to be a bug in this rom that causes it to progressively deteriorate over time. At my first installment everything worked great except for auto rotation camera and sim card recognition and browser. Even at your latest update s browser went back to crashing almost immediately. Now Samsung account will only create new accounts and it still does not sign in on other apps
and the device keeps randomly rebooting. I hope that you can get this all worked out bc I really appreciated being able to gain access to the Galaxy app store and Samsung backup again. I am humbly grateful for your work.

LegendSmoker

Apr 9, 2012
Hi can you tell me if battery life is good...i am considering a P905 but would like to know if there are good roms update available
I have better Battery life with this Rom then with Stock 5.0.2 .

And i don't have any Bugs with samsung Account or anything.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk

Reactions: joexda75

Loakidog

Oct 30, 2016
OK I wanted to add this to hopefully help someone out. Most of my problems were from losing imei and after hours of going through several types of recoveries for hours I finally found the right mix of TWRP and the Partitions back up and restore app on Google play I finally got it back. I then tried an experiment and downloaded GAPPS and installed it. Then I installed the Google phone app made it my default and the Google Contacts app. I also use Evolve SMS but Messenger for Android is probably good too. My only major problems right now are the Camera Valera is working on auto rotation Valera is working on but I use ultimate rotation control and just tap the rotation I want in notifications with the persistent notification and speakerphone does not work if you press it so don't and open camera isn't a good solution for me BC I keep pressing front facing camera and it gets stuck so I use a better camera pro from amazon actually free apps it doesn't work there either but at least it doesn't get permanently stuck and I can just press the button and switch back.. Great work Valera so far and I look forward to the kinks getting ironed out. I really love the access to the Samsung universe I had built up on and theme store still won't let me sign in. I read on the note 3 thread where this ROM originated most stock apps can be fixed if you switch them to system apps I only tried this on gallery in version 2 so I don't know how well this works.

Reactions: Alejuan2005

Valera1978

Sep 25, 2009
Minsk
OK I wanted to add this to hopefully help someone out. Most of my problems were from losing imei and after hours of going through several types of recoveries for hours I finally found the right mix of TWRP and the Partitions back up and restore app on Google play I finally got it back. I then tried an experiment and downloaded GAPPS and installed it. Then I installed the Google phone app made it my default and the Google Contacts app. I also use Evolve SMS but Messenger for Android is probably good too. My only major problems right now are the Camera Valera is working on auto rotation Valera is working on but I use ultimate rotation control and just tap the rotation I want in notifications with the persistent notification and speakerphone does not work if you press it so don't and open camera isn't a good solution for me BC I keep pressing front facing camera and it gets stuck so I use a better camera pro from amazon actually free apps it doesn't work there either but at least it doesn't get permanently stuck and I can just press the button and switch back.. Great work Valera so far and I look forward to the kinks getting ironed out. I really love the access to the Samsung universe I had built up on and theme store still won't let me sign in. I read on the note 3 thread where this ROM originated most stock apps can be fixed if you switch them to system apps I only tried this on gallery in version 2 so I don't know how well this works.

Losing imei? I only had once this - on the galaxy alpha.
All my experiments with all firmwares on p905 (I can flash firmware for check 10-20 times in a day in last 1.5 years) - I never losing imei on p905 (of course I have twrp backup just in case).

Last version 3 - 20170305 has problems with mobile, if you need mobile - better use version 2: 20170218 in this case. @LegendSmoker report me this problem yesterday, unfortunately it was later to fix, hope today will update.

Right now we have several problems:
1. phone in latest version. check - today-tomorrow
2. build.prop: ro.build.characteristics=phone vs tablet
This is port from phone, i.e. framework work fine only for phone mode and in verical. In our case should be ro.build.characteristics=tablet, keyboard looks great, it take all width, it has arrows, but it's crashing in settings, some applications crashing too. Now I'm working on replace keyboard, my files and etc apps from tab s2 with native landscape. check - this weekend
3. rotation - I think need repack apps. check - this weekend, may be next week
4. camera - right now we have workaround like "open camera", but of course later I'll back to camera, I think I'll move camera from another tablet with 6.0.1 - like tab s2. check - this weekend, may be next week

Later I'll try make fully port from the tablet (tab a with s-pen SM-P555 should be ideal firmware for our device). I want get clean firmware without any tweeks and additional, like we get a official firmware.

P.s. I'm using cm\lineage last few years, official 5.0.2 was not good (cm 12.1-13.0 was much more smooth and faster - this is my point of view). And I never thought about port 6.0.1. But at the end of December I started think about make MIUI. :) I was back to this idea several times, try to build it, but no luck. I was not gave up, later I'll back to this. ;)
But after it I started work on this port - I was sure - it will be just for fun for few days. But it's was look great and worked smooth, so now I spending all my time to clean-up and fixes (I did not even start playing in the horizon zero dawn ;) ). And now my top priority is the fix all problems and get fully working port.

alex22280

Oct 6, 2010
All my experiments with all firmwares on p905 (I can flash firmware for check 10-20 times in a day in last 1.5 years) - I never losing imei on p905 (of course I have twrp backup just in case).

Last version 3 - 20170305 has problems with mobile, if you need mobile - better use version 2: 20170218 in this case. @LegendSmoker report me this problem yesterday, unfortunately it was later to fix, hope today will update.

This is port from phone, i.e. framework work fine only for phone mode and in verical. In our case should be ro.build.characteristics=tablet, keyboard looks great, it take all width, it has arrows, but it's crashing in settings, some applications crashing too. Now I'm working on replace keyboard, my files and etc apps from tab s2 with native landscape. check - this weekend
4. camera - right now we have workaround like "open camera", but of course later I'll back to camera, I think I'll move camera from another tablet with 6.0.1 - like tab s2. check - this weekend, may be next week

Later I'll try make fully port from the tablet (tab a with s-pen SM-P555 should be ideal firmware for our device). I want get clean firmware without any tweeks and additional, like we get a official firmware.

P.s. I'm using cm\lineage last few years, official 5.0.2 was not good (cm 12.1-13.0 was much more smooth and faster - this is my point of view). And I never thought about port 6.0.1. But at the end of December I started think about make MIUI. :) I was back to this idea several times, try to build it, but no luck. I was not gave up, later I'll back to this. ;)
But after it I started work on this port - I was sure - it will be just for fun for few days. But it's was look great and worked smooth, so now I spending all my time to clean-up and fixes (I did not even start playing in the horizon zero dawn ;) ). And now my top priority is the fix all problems and get fully working port.
SM-P555 has 64 bit cpu ....you will have difficulties with drivers....

Valera1978

Sep 25, 2009
Minsk
SM-P555 has 64 bit cpu ....you will have difficulties with drivers....

cpu - yes, but firmware 32bit.

ro.build.version.incremental=P555XXS1BQA1
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
ro.product.cpu.abilist=armeabi-v7a,armeabi
ro.product.cpu.abilist32=armeabi-v7a,armeabi
ro.product.cpu.abilist64=

alex22280

Oct 6, 2010
cpu - yes, but firmware 32bit.

ro.build.version.incremental=P555XXS1BQA1
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
ro.product.cpu.abilist=armeabi-v7a,armeabi
ro.product.cpu.abilist32=armeabi-v7a,armeabi
ro.product.cpu.abilist64=
that is good news...

Boris.2

Oct 30, 2016

It's really good news! :)

Reactions: DionWhite33

Loakidog

Oct 30, 2016

Yeah, I know it threw me for a loop too when I lost imei. I don't know what I did wrong. Glad i made back ups though! I'm excited about the tablet port that sounds awesome! Thank you so much for all your work on this. I appreciated and enjoyed Lineage OS but I am really excited for being able to use galaxy apps and my galaxy accessories with my tablet again! Again thank you so much and I can't wait to try the new update!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not responsible for any damage to your device of any sort.
    By flashing this you take responsibility of anything that happens.
    Process at your own risk!

This firmware was developed for the p905. It doesn't apply to the p905v at this time because it's bootloader locked and a custom recovery isn't possible.

If you want to check firmware - please make backup. Better to store all partitions, at least efs and may be modem.

This port based on the "QS_N7_Port_v2.2" port for samsung note 3, big thanks for @qaraqumus
    This is first preview version, a lot of problem here, it need to clean-up. Some applications has only vertical, because this is port from phone.

The point of this thread and the test port to see if we need any port, or enough lineage? On the one hand lineage easier to control, it's building from source. On the other hand - the stock and all its features

Instructions
    1. Install custom recovery
    2. Download the zip - firmware
    3. Backup all partitions (it least efs) and store somewhere - it need to do - because you can loose imei
    4. Full wipe all
    5. Flash firmware

First boot will be very long (about 10 minutes). Be patient. :)

Work
    Almost all work: calls, mobile data, wifi, bluetooth, sound, vibra, sdcard, mtp, s-pen, gps

Known Issues
    - microphone in skype
    - phone app vertical only (need replace phone\contacts to tablet version)
    - crash in the contacts
    - problems with the keyboard in the floating\split views

Need check
    - wi-fi calling - is it possible?

Tips
    If you get crash on swith language - just reset keyboard's settings.

SM-P905F0 Only!!!
    In small update - ril and some files from the latest SM-P905F0 firmware.
    Install main firmware and then fix from the link below. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-6nm7Jks0W5Z1EtSFZzWHdJczA/view?usp=sharing

Important
    Tip from LegendSmoker:
    After booting up in settings wizard, Be sure uncheck diagnostic data
    If you already checked it, Settings - General management - Report diagnostic info - off then reboot
    It can help, if you have gsm issues.

Links
    11: 20171231: small update - ir fix: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Sg7intSrxEKxlZWRMjdnwVxfJbnbiXsW/view?usp=sharing
    10: 20170422: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-6nm7Jks0W5Q0pINnZTb2R4bEk/view?usp=sharing
    - small update - keyboard only. now we have full size keyboard, keyboard's settings will be reset
    what we have now:
    - full keyboard with arrows
    - you can change keyboard size (samsung keyboard - Customization - Keyboard size) - you can change width and height
    what is missing:
    - handwrite
    9. 20170401: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-6nm7Jks0W5VnhFbmFlTU1BZ2c/view?usp=sharing
    - mic in calls
    - small system clean-up: removed nfc
    8. 20170319: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-6nm7Jks0W5QzRuSHZoWHlELWs/view?usp=sharing
    - front camera
    7. 20170318: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-6nm7Jks0W5bVduWHBMTlBiRjA/view?usp=sharing
    - updated ril again
    - updated keyboard (Keyboard as was before, but made a fix in the keyboard code, so that the keyboard does not take the entire screen. There is a handwriting input. Keyboard's settings will be reset in script to avoid crashes. (/data/data/com.sec.android.inputmethod))
    - updated themes (add rotate by sensor, not landscape only)
    6. 20170314: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-6nm7Jks0W5b2gydzJ2THF6N0k/view?usp=sharing
    - updated ril (now the same, as in latest Lineage OS)
    - updated install script (automatical clean system partition before install new firmware)
    5. 20170312: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-6nm7Jks0W5VThUdTluS0NrQUU/view?usp=sharing
    - updated ril
    - updated sensors (auto-rotate!!!)
    - updated characteristics to tablet (know issue: icons is missing in settings)
    - updated keyboard (know issue: press . but appear ..)
    4. 20170310: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-6nm7Jks0W5RHZCSkxfTmJVMGM/view?usp=sharing
    - shealth, svoice, svideo, soundrecords in landscape
    - native camera's app now work (get app from t805 tablet)
    - rollback weather widget and phone app from version 2
    - phone and mobile data work again
    3. 20170305: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-6nm7Jks0W5V1pJY2J1RUFYVGM/view?usp=sharing
    - update browser, my files, phone (from t805 6.0.1 with native landscape)
    - return video driver to cm14 driver - it's much more stable
    - add lockscreen, theme store and games launcher in landscape - thanks @LegendSmoker
    2: 20170218: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-6nm7Jks0W5b0h5Q24tR2xtZ1U/view?usp=sharing
    - camera - stock camera still dnw (but cameras like "open camera" work fine), flip, huge kernel update (from stock S5 kernel sources), switching languages in the samsung keyboard
    1. 20170215: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-6nm7Jks0W5NXhWZi1aOVhveWc/view?usp=sharing

Sources:
    Kernel: https://github.com/Valera1978/android_kernel_samsung_viennalte

Thanks @qaraqumus
    Thanks to Samsung

Here is my flashable zip wich contains some mods for this Rom:

Lockscreen fixed in landscape
    Theme Store fixed in landscape
    Games Launcher fixed in landscape
    And Rom Control.
    ....but, as far as I can see...there arrows on the keyboard are gone (again) ;)

This is because now we back to phone keyboard. I'll try to update layout on next week.
    there is a problem with the front camera ( selphie ) keeps telling me ( mediasaver failed, camera need to restart )
    tried third-party apps with no luck. even instagram, messenger ....etc no app is able to open the front camera. the rear one is ok
    any fix for the problem plz. the ROM is perfect but this problem is a deal breaker since i use the tab for video chats

Sorry, yesterday all day worked with multi boot for our tablets.
    Only at night I returned to the port. Now libs for front camera updated. I'm Checking microphone during calls right now and then will put new version. Will be today a bit later.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone