StevieXoom

Oct 31, 2011
Valera! You're a hero! :)
Installed the last version from today!
GSM: OK
Double points: Gone
Handwriting: OK :)
YEAH!!!

....but, as far as I can see...there arrows on the keyboard are gone (again) ;)

Last edited:
there is a problem with the front camera ( selphie ) keeps telling me ( mediasaver failed, camera need to restart )
tried third-party apps with no luck. even instagram, messenger ....etc no app is able to open the front camera. the rear one is ok
any fix for the problem plz. the ROM is perfect but this problem is a deal breaker since i use the tab for video chats

Sorry, yesterday all day worked with multi boot for our tablets.
Only at night I returned to the port. Now libs for front camera updated. I'm Checking microphone during calls right now and then will put new version. Will be today a bit later.

Reactions: FruBa and Boris.2

caesar68

Feb 24, 2011
Hi,
Thank you for providing this ROM.
I flashed yesterday and have the issue, that the screens remain black, after not using the tablet for a while (more than ~ an hour). The only think that wakes up the tablet is long pressing on/off button.
I use a smart cover, but the problem seems independant from it. Any idea/suggenstions?
Device P905 in flight mode with only WLAN enabled.

Edit: after 2 days of usage, I am quite sure now, that the problem seems to be the smart cover. Looks like that the s-view functionality from note 7 will be activated. But I have no idea what this functionality is... I just want to do display on/off with my smart cover.
@Valera1978: Do you have an idea? Is it possible to deactivate s-view (and only have the "old" display on/off? Everytime booting is ...

Last edited:
Hi,
Thank you for providing this ROM.
I flashed yesterday and have the issue, that the screens remain black, after not using the tablet for a while (more than ~ an hour). The only think that wakes up the tablet is long pressing on/off button.
I use a smart cover, but the problem seems independant from it. Any idea/suggenstions?
Device P905 in flight mode with only WLAN enabled.

Edit: after 2 days of usage, I am quite sure now, that the problem seems to be the smart cover. Looks like that the s-view functionality from note 7 will be activated. But I have no idea what this functionality is... I just want to do display on/off with my smart cover.

@Valera1978: Do you have an idea? Is it possible to deactivate s-view (and only have the "old" display on/off? Everytime booting is ...

I have the smart cover somewhere, I'll check today or tomorrow.

Reactions: caesar68

Alejuan2005

Dec 25, 2013
España
Many thanks Valera, I just installed the latest rom and it happens again that the letters and icons appear very large. I misconfigure Nova, putting the dock on the right side of the screen. Also I can not see other applications well, very large letters.

StevieXoom

Oct 31, 2011
While using this ROM, sometimes I noticed a little slow down of the keyboard. E.g. when deleting some letters with the "delete backwards" key. I release the key and the cursor runs further backwards and deletes more letters. Can anybody confirm this?
In general: This ROM rocks and pushes this fine tablet from the stoneage to the present! :)

Last edited:

loripi94

Dec 31, 2013
feedbacks

hi everyone. i'm a galaxy note pro P905 user, i'm lovin this tablet but i would love to get this new fresh look since i'm loving also my s7edge touchwiz. i need this rom to be stable and to have a decent battey life, since i'm using this tablet for my university; i'm actually doing with stock 5.0.2 about 8h of SOT using office via wifi-4g in just about 16h of total time. i would like to have some feedbacks about this rome, i'm very intresed in it, mainly stabilty and battery life, also any known issue in BT (i use a keyboard and level over most of the time), thanks in advance, keep on this great job (sorry for "not so good english", i'm Italian)

ps can anyone upload via cloud a few screenshot so i can see the UI deeply? thanks in advance

StevieXoom

Oct 31, 2011
This ROM runs pretty stable! Just install TWRP make a backup of your current Stock-ROM and give it a try. If not familiar with TWRP, root and Custom-ROM don't expirement with a device you vitally need for dialy use.

@VALERA
Do you have any news regarding tablet keyboard with working handwriting support?

Last edited:

loripi94

Dec 31, 2013
i owned a galaxy s3 few years ago and use to continuely mod it, then a nexus 5 and with my galaxy note 4 and s7edge i feel no more need for modding so it's been a long time since i actually used twrp or roms, but i'm sure with a little patience and help from youtube i can make it :D thanks in advance, when i'll have a little time with uni i surely will give this rom a try

alp66

Dec 11, 2016
Gsm problems

Thank you Valera for your work.
I've just tried the last release.
The table failed to register on the mobile network, here in Italy operator Tim.
I could not do phone calls neither mobile data over gsm network.
Maybe is required another fix for the gsm section.
I confirm instability of the keybord, too. The size is still too big, as in stock rom. Better the Hacker's one.
The rest seemed to run smootly.
But, because of the gsm not working, I've come back to stock rom.
Thanks and regards.

LegendSmoker

Apr 9, 2012
Thank you Valera for your work.
I've just tried the last release.
The table failed to register on the mobile network, here in Italy operator Tim.
I could not do phone calls neither mobile data over gsm network.
Maybe is required another fix for the gsm section.
I confirm instability of the keybord, too. The size is still too big, as in stock rom. Better the Hacker's one.
The rest seemed to run smootly.
But, because of the gsm not working, I've come back to stock rom.
Thanks and regards.
Set up the rom without connecting to wifi in Setup Wizard.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk

Loakidog

Oct 30, 2016
IR blaster

@Valera1978 The ir blaster does not seem to work and I have tried several different apps to give you a heads up. I am loving the mic in phone calls though! Great work as always! I can send a bug report if that would be helpful. Thanks again! Also thanks for ironing out some of the bugs in the ui it has shown a significant jump in performance for me.

StevieXoom

Oct 31, 2011
New version runs pretty stable :D
@VALERA
Could you please check why GSM isn't stable working when W-LAN is enabled during setup procedure? :)
TIA

Uuuupsss ....too late ...LegendSmoker addresses that before.

Last edited:

alp66

Dec 11, 2016
I tried with no success to configure gsm while wlan is off.
Any other suggestion?
Should I follow the complex procedure involving CSC by StevieXoom?

LegendSmoker

Apr 9, 2012
I tried with no success to configure gsm while wlan is off.
Any other suggestion?
Should I follow the complex procedure involving CSC by StevieXoom?
I had the same issue and my workaround is

Wipe Cache,Dalvik Cache,Data,System/Factory Reset/ Flash Rom again/Factory Reset/Boot 10min/Set Language/Skip Wifi/ Set up your device/Set Up Apn in Settings/Connect to Network/Set up WiFi.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N930F mit Tapatalk

StevieXoom

Oct 31, 2011
As far as I could track down this GSM issue, the successor is the extra factory reset! At least without this the whole "WiFi skipping procedure" during setting up the device is without any effect and GSM would not work.
1) This is an (unnecessary) :cool: proof of @LegendSmokers advice!
2) Is This helpfull for Valera to solve this problem in his Next Releases?

Greetz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not responsible for any damage to your device of any sort.
    By flashing this you take responsibility of anything that happens.
    Process at your own risk!

This firmware was developed for the p905. It doesn't apply to the p905v at this time because it's bootloader locked and a custom recovery isn't possible.

If you want to check firmware - please make backup. Better to store all partitions, at least efs and may be modem.

This port based on the "QS_N7_Port_v2.2" port for samsung note 3, big thanks for @qaraqumus
    This is first preview version, a lot of problem here, it need to clean-up. Some applications has only vertical, because this is port from phone.

The point of this thread and the test port to see if we need any port, or enough lineage? On the one hand lineage easier to control, it's building from source. On the other hand - the stock and all its features

Instructions
    1. Install custom recovery
    2. Download the zip - firmware
    3. Backup all partitions (it least efs) and store somewhere - it need to do - because you can loose imei
    4. Full wipe all
    5. Flash firmware

First boot will be very long (about 10 minutes). Be patient. :)

Work
    Almost all work: calls, mobile data, wifi, bluetooth, sound, vibra, sdcard, mtp, s-pen, gps

Known Issues
    - microphone in skype
    - phone app vertical only (need replace phone\contacts to tablet version)
    - crash in the contacts
    - problems with the keyboard in the floating\split views

Need check
    - wi-fi calling - is it possible?

Tips
    If you get crash on swith language - just reset keyboard's settings.

SM-P905F0 Only!!!
    In small update - ril and some files from the latest SM-P905F0 firmware.
    Install main firmware and then fix from the link below. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-6nm7Jks0W5Z1EtSFZzWHdJczA/view?usp=sharing

Important
    Tip from LegendSmoker:
    After booting up in settings wizard, Be sure uncheck diagnostic data
    If you already checked it, Settings - General management - Report diagnostic info - off then reboot
    It can help, if you have gsm issues.

Links
    11: 20171231: small update - ir fix: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Sg7intSrxEKxlZWRMjdnwVxfJbnbiXsW/view?usp=sharing
    10: 20170422: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-6nm7Jks0W5Q0pINnZTb2R4bEk/view?usp=sharing
    - small update - keyboard only. now we have full size keyboard, keyboard's settings will be reset
    what we have now:
    - full keyboard with arrows
    - you can change keyboard size (samsung keyboard - Customization - Keyboard size) - you can change width and height
    what is missing:
    - handwrite
    9. 20170401: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-6nm7Jks0W5VnhFbmFlTU1BZ2c/view?usp=sharing
    - mic in calls
    - small system clean-up: removed nfc
    8. 20170319: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-6nm7Jks0W5QzRuSHZoWHlELWs/view?usp=sharing
    - front camera
    7. 20170318: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-6nm7Jks0W5bVduWHBMTlBiRjA/view?usp=sharing
    - updated ril again
    - updated keyboard (Keyboard as was before, but made a fix in the keyboard code, so that the keyboard does not take the entire screen. There is a handwriting input. Keyboard's settings will be reset in script to avoid crashes. (/data/data/com.sec.android.inputmethod))
    - updated themes (add rotate by sensor, not landscape only)
    6. 20170314: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-6nm7Jks0W5b2gydzJ2THF6N0k/view?usp=sharing
    - updated ril (now the same, as in latest Lineage OS)
    - updated install script (automatical clean system partition before install new firmware)
    5. 20170312: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-6nm7Jks0W5VThUdTluS0NrQUU/view?usp=sharing
    - updated ril
    - updated sensors (auto-rotate!!!)
    - updated characteristics to tablet (know issue: icons is missing in settings)
    - updated keyboard (know issue: press . but appear ..)
    4. 20170310: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-6nm7Jks0W5RHZCSkxfTmJVMGM/view?usp=sharing
    - shealth, svoice, svideo, soundrecords in landscape
    - native camera's app now work (get app from t805 tablet)
    - rollback weather widget and phone app from version 2
    - phone and mobile data work again
    3. 20170305: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-6nm7Jks0W5V1pJY2J1RUFYVGM/view?usp=sharing
    - update browser, my files, phone (from t805 6.0.1 with native landscape)
    - return video driver to cm14 driver - it's much more stable
    - add lockscreen, theme store and games launcher in landscape - thanks @LegendSmoker
    2: 20170218: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-6nm7Jks0W5b0h5Q24tR2xtZ1U/view?usp=sharing
    - camera - stock camera still dnw (but cameras like "open camera" work fine), flip, huge kernel update (from stock S5 kernel sources), switching languages in the samsung keyboard
    1. 20170215: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-6nm7Jks0W5NXhWZi1aOVhveWc/view?usp=sharing

Sources:
    Kernel: https://github.com/Valera1978/android_kernel_samsung_viennalte

Thanks @qaraqumus
    Thanks to Samsung
    OK I wanted to add this to hopefully help someone out. Most of my problems were from losing imei and after hours of going through several types of recoveries for hours I finally found the right mix of TWRP and the Partitions back up and restore app on Google play I finally got it back. I then tried an experiment and downloaded GAPPS and installed it. Then I installed the Google phone app made it my default and the Google Contacts app. I also use Evolve SMS but Messenger for Android is probably good too. My only major problems right now are the Camera Valera is working on auto rotation Valera is working on but I use ultimate rotation control and just tap the rotation I want in notifications with the persistent notification and speakerphone does not work if you press it so don't and open camera isn't a good solution for me BC I keep pressing front facing camera and it gets stuck so I use a better camera pro from amazon actually free apps it doesn't work there either but at least it doesn't get permanently stuck and I can just press the button and switch back.. Great work Valera so far and I look forward to the kinks getting ironed out. I really love the access to the Samsung universe I had built up on and theme store still won't let me sign in. I read on the note 3 thread where this ROM originated most stock apps can be fixed if you switch them to system apps I only tried this on gallery in version 2 so I don't know how well this works.

Losing imei? I only had once this - on the galaxy alpha.
    All my experiments with all firmwares on p905 (I can flash firmware for check 10-20 times in a day in last 1.5 years) - I never losing imei on p905 (of course I have twrp backup just in case).

Last version 3 - 20170305 has problems with mobile, if you need mobile - better use version 2: 20170218 in this case. @LegendSmoker report me this problem yesterday, unfortunately it was later to fix, hope today will update.

Right now we have several problems:
    1. phone in latest version. check - today-tomorrow
    2. build.prop: ro.build.characteristics=phone vs tablet
    This is port from phone, i.e. framework work fine only for phone mode and in verical. In our case should be ro.build.characteristics=tablet, keyboard looks great, it take all width, it has arrows, but it's crashing in settings, some applications crashing too. Now I'm working on replace keyboard, my files and etc apps from tab s2 with native landscape. check - this weekend
    3. rotation - I think need repack apps. check - this weekend, may be next week
    4. camera - right now we have workaround like "open camera", but of course later I'll back to camera, I think I'll move camera from another tablet with 6.0.1 - like tab s2. check - this weekend, may be next week

Later I'll try make fully port from the tablet (tab a with s-pen SM-P555 should be ideal firmware for our device). I want get clean firmware without any tweeks and additional, like we get a official firmware.

P.s. I'm using cm\lineage last few years, official 5.0.2 was not good (cm 12.1-13.0 was much more smooth and faster - this is my point of view). And I never thought about port 6.0.1. But at the end of December I started think about make MIUI. :) I was back to this idea several times, try to build it, but no luck. I was not gave up, later I'll back to this. ;)
    But after it I started work on this port - I was sure - it will be just for fun for few days. But it's was look great and worked smooth, so now I spending all my time to clean-up and fixes (I did not even start playing in the horizon zero dawn ;) ). And now my top priority is the fix all problems and get fully working port.
    Here is my flashable zip wich contains some mods for this Rom:

Lockscreen fixed in landscape
    Theme Store fixed in landscape
    Games Launcher fixed in landscape
    And Rom Control.
    ....but, as far as I can see...there arrows on the keyboard are gone (again) ;)

This is because now we back to phone keyboard. I'll try to update layout on next week.
    there is a problem with the front camera ( selphie ) keeps telling me ( mediasaver failed, camera need to restart )
    tried third-party apps with no luck. even instagram, messenger ....etc no app is able to open the front camera. the rear one is ok
    any fix for the problem plz. the ROM is perfect but this problem is a deal breaker since i use the tab for video chats

Sorry, yesterday all day worked with multi boot for our tablets.
    Only at night I returned to the port. Now libs for front camera updated. I'm Checking microphone during calls right now and then will put new version. Will be today a bit later.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone