• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we migrated and software and made it more secure. We recommend trying to reset your password.

[ROM][P990][KK/4.4.4][New/Old BL][July 13/June 13]CyanogenMod 11.0

hingel

Nov 9, 2013
Just noticed a bug. I have some numbers in my blocklist. Every time a get a call from one of these numbers its blocked but i lose signal and have to reenter my pin. I'm on cm-11-20140613-UNOFFICIAL-p990-bcm4329.
As i can't post in the development thread due to less posts i do it here.

Attachments

erik7

Apr 13, 2011
Battery drain - I think I solved it

First of all, thank you so much. I've been exploiting your work for quite some time, so penguins, and all the rest who contributed on o2x scene, thank you thank you thank you. Because of you I have no need to spend 300e on something like g2...

Now, With this ROM bcm4329 i had battery drain problem because the phone wouldn't go to sleep. After like 2 days of meddling with all possible settings i kinda figured out that it was because i turned off location reporting and because of that, google play, google play services and the clock kept waking the phone up, I guess they were constantly asking for location. Now when I turned location on and cleared all data for those services, they just sit quietly in background and don't use any cpu or wake the phone.

Actually I'm not quite there yet, because for some reason I can't begin to understand, battery statistics say that phone is now sleeping with wifi ON. How is this even possible i have no idea. I'm trying to figure this out atm. I turned off wifi optimizations in settings and turned on kowalsky psp like I read in some post by tony or pengus. Don't know if the phone is sleeping now or not because of this. Battery drain tells me that it is sleeping. Hoping that it stays this way. If someone could shed some light on this it would be great.

Hope this helps anyone with battery problem who doesn't like their location reported for no obvious reason. I can't post in development section, hope this is the right place for my comment. And again, thank you guys very much.

- the damn google play service is back again waking the phone and wasting cpu, donno what to do.

Last edited:

tonyp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 3, 2011
First of all, thank you so much. I've been exploiting your work for quite some time, so penguins, and all the rest who contributed on o2x scene, thank you thank you thank you. Because of you I have no need to spend 300e on something like g2...

Now, With this ROM bcm4329 i had battery drain problem because the phone wouldn't go to sleep. After like 2 days of meddling with all possible settings i kinda figured out that it was because i turned off location reporting and because of that, google play, google play services and the clock kept waking the phone up, I guess they were constantly asking for location. Now when I turned location on and cleared all data for those services, they just sit quietly in background and don't use any cpu or wake the phone.

Actually I'm not quite there yet, because for some reason I can't begin to understand, battery statistics say that phone is now sleeping with wifi ON. How is this even possible i have no idea. I'm trying to figure this out atm. I turned off wifi optimizations in settings and turned on kowalsky psp like I read in some post by tony or pengus. Don't know if the phone is sleeping now or not because of this. Battery drain tells me that it is sleeping. Hoping that it stays this way. If someone could shed some light on this it would be great.

Hope this helps anyone with battery problem who doesn't like their location reported for no obvious reason. I can't post in development section, hope this is the right place for my comment. And again, thank you guys very much.

- the damn google play service is back again waking the phone and wasting cpu, donno what to do.

Yes, the location reporting of Google is a big battery drainer. The funny thing is that when you put the location to the battery saving mode it does drain MORE battery than when you use the device only setting, as Google constantly polls and tracks your location, even when you're not using your phone.
You can see that quite good here: https://maps.google.com/locationhistory

I think with Android L the situation improves as Google overhauled the wakelock system, but for now it's best to disable it if you want to save (quite) some battery.
Personally I use a Tasker profile on my N5 which disables location reporting once the display is off and enables it again when I turn it on (in conjunction with this Xposed module).

Regarding wifi: Your phone should sleep when wifi is on, as long as you enabled the powersaving modes and your router supports them.

erik7

Apr 13, 2011
Yes, the location reporting of Google is a big battery drainer. The funny thing is that when you put the location to the battery saving mode it does drain MORE battery than when you use the device only setting, as Google constantly polls and tracks your location, even when you're not using your phone.
You can see that quite good here: https://maps.google.com/locationhistory

I think with Android L the situation improves as Google overhauled the wakelock system, but for now it's best to disable it if you want to save (quite) some battery.
Personally I use a Tasker profile on my N5 which disables location reporting once the display is off and enables it again when I turn it on (in conjunction with this Xposed module).

Regarding wifi: Your phone should sleep when wifi is on, as long as you enabled the powersaving modes and your router supports them.
Thanks Tony, I've installed it but nothing changed for me. After restart, I get like 5 minutes of sleep and then "google play service" starts again and while awake it takes the usual 10ish % battery usage. I'm still trying to figure this out. I feel like I've tried everything: put privacy guard on play service, then on every app, removed every account (donno what's the damn thing reporting now with no google account!!!), disabled android device manager in google settings, been disabling location in every possible way and combination... I believe DJNoXD got this figured in his slim rom. Maybe it's because it's 4.4.4. Didn't have battery drain with it but its just that the rom is much slower for me and camera gets upside down. I'll report if I find solution. Thx anyway.

kennyFF92

Feb 1, 2014
Hi, I want to ask you why we have problems with some of last google apps update, is that a problem about ROM or gapps we installed or anything else, is it solvable?

lukino993

Nov 25, 2012
Syracuse
I don t know if it is solvable ( i also have problems with the latest version of YouTube or for example with google search 3.5 that i wanted to try because in Italy this version activates the OK google command ,or with the last version of play services that cause battery drain because cant get my phone deep sleep)bit i think the problem is the neon libraries missing

Reactions: kennyFF92