[ROM][P990][KK/4.4.4][New/Old BL][July 13/June 13]CyanogenMod 11.0

Search This thread

hingel

Nov 9, 2013
Just noticed a bug. I have some numbers in my blocklist. Every time a get a call from one of these numbers its blocked but i lose signal and have to reenter my pin. I'm on cm-11-20140613-UNOFFICIAL-p990-bcm4329.
As i can't post in the development thread due to less posts i do it here.

Attachments

• logcat_20140630_103013.txt
    478.7 KB · Views: 5

LM1987

Dec 1, 2013
M1 or 3.1?

Is the M1 branch better than the 3.1 branch?
From the BS86 repro (cannot post links..)

erik7

Apr 13, 2011
Battery drain - I think I solved it

First of all, thank you so much. I've been exploiting your work for quite some time, so penguins, and all the rest who contributed on o2x scene, thank you thank you thank you. Because of you I have no need to spend 300e on something like g2...

Now, With this ROM bcm4329 i had battery drain problem because the phone wouldn't go to sleep. After like 2 days of meddling with all possible settings i kinda figured out that it was because i turned off location reporting and because of that, google play, google play services and the clock kept waking the phone up, I guess they were constantly asking for location. Now when I turned location on and cleared all data for those services, they just sit quietly in background and don't use any cpu or wake the phone.

Actually I'm not quite there yet, because for some reason I can't begin to understand, battery statistics say that phone is now sleeping with wifi ON. How is this even possible i have no idea. I'm trying to figure this out atm. I turned off wifi optimizations in settings and turned on kowalsky psp like I read in some post by tony or pengus. Don't know if the phone is sleeping now or not because of this. Battery drain tells me that it is sleeping. Hoping that it stays this way. If someone could shed some light on this it would be great.

Hope this helps anyone with battery problem who doesn't like their location reported for no obvious reason. I can't post in development section, hope this is the right place for my comment. And again, thank you guys very much.

- the damn google play service is back again waking the phone and wasting cpu, donno what to do.

Last edited:

tonyp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 3, 2011
First of all, thank you so much. I've been exploiting your work for quite some time, so penguins, and all the rest who contributed on o2x scene, thank you thank you thank you. Because of you I have no need to spend 300e on something like g2...

Now, With this ROM bcm4329 i had battery drain problem because the phone wouldn't go to sleep. After like 2 days of meddling with all possible settings i kinda figured out that it was because i turned off location reporting and because of that, google play, google play services and the clock kept waking the phone up, I guess they were constantly asking for location. Now when I turned location on and cleared all data for those services, they just sit quietly in background and don't use any cpu or wake the phone.

Actually I'm not quite there yet, because for some reason I can't begin to understand, battery statistics say that phone is now sleeping with wifi ON. How is this even possible i have no idea. I'm trying to figure this out atm. I turned off wifi optimizations in settings and turned on kowalsky psp like I read in some post by tony or pengus. Don't know if the phone is sleeping now or not because of this. Battery drain tells me that it is sleeping. Hoping that it stays this way. If someone could shed some light on this it would be great.

Hope this helps anyone with battery problem who doesn't like their location reported for no obvious reason. I can't post in development section, hope this is the right place for my comment. And again, thank you guys very much.

- the damn google play service is back again waking the phone and wasting cpu, donno what to do.

Yes, the location reporting of Google is a big battery drainer. The funny thing is that when you put the location to the battery saving mode it does drain MORE battery than when you use the device only setting, as Google constantly polls and tracks your location, even when you're not using your phone.
You can see that quite good here: https://maps.google.com/locationhistory

I think with Android L the situation improves as Google overhauled the wakelock system, but for now it's best to disable it if you want to save (quite) some battery.
Personally I use a Tasker profile on my N5 which disables location reporting once the display is off and enables it again when I turn it on (in conjunction with this Xposed module).

Regarding wifi: Your phone should sleep when wifi is on, as long as you enabled the powersaving modes and your router supports them.

erik7

Apr 13, 2011
Yes, the location reporting of Google is a big battery drainer. The funny thing is that when you put the location to the battery saving mode it does drain MORE battery than when you use the device only setting, as Google constantly polls and tracks your location, even when you're not using your phone.
You can see that quite good here: https://maps.google.com/locationhistory

I think with Android L the situation improves as Google overhauled the wakelock system, but for now it's best to disable it if you want to save (quite) some battery.
Personally I use a Tasker profile on my N5 which disables location reporting once the display is off and enables it again when I turn it on (in conjunction with this Xposed module).

Regarding wifi: Your phone should sleep when wifi is on, as long as you enabled the powersaving modes and your router supports them.

Thanks Tony, I've installed it but nothing changed for me. After restart, I get like 5 minutes of sleep and then "google play service" starts again and while awake it takes the usual 10ish % battery usage. I'm still trying to figure this out. I feel like I've tried everything: put privacy guard on play service, then on every app, removed every account (donno what's the damn thing reporting now with no google account!!!), disabled android device manager in google settings, been disabling location in every possible way and combination... I believe DJNoXD got this figured in his slim rom. Maybe it's because it's 4.4.4. Didn't have battery drain with it but its just that the rom is much slower for me and camera gets upside down. I'll report if I find solution. Thx anyway.

kennyFF92

Feb 1, 2014
OnePlus Nord 2 5G
Hi, I want to ask you why we have problems with some of last google apps update, is that a problem about ROM or gapps we installed or anything else, is it solvable?

lukino993

Nov 25, 2012
Syracuse
I don t know if it is solvable ( i also have problems with the latest version of YouTube or for example with google search 3.5 that i wanted to try because in Italy this version activates the OK google command ,or with the last version of play services that cause battery drain because cant get my phone deep sleep)bit i think the problem is the neon libraries missing

Reactions: kennyFF92

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 11 for P990(Optimus 2x)

cyanogen-inc-void-your-warranty.jpg

Disclaimer:

Code:
    [B]Everything mentioned in this thread belong to their respective developers/owners.

You will be doing everything at your own risk. 

We nor the developers cannot be held responsible if you end up damaging or bricking your device.[/B]

Notes

First and foremost: I am not the person behind CM11 releases,some days ago @tonyp said that he wanted that someone update his thread,so i offer myself. As of right now, there are several devs building CM11 for this phone. This leads to more builds and more builds to test. The best you can do is to test for yourself and see what suits your needs. All is based on tonyp's source because he can't momentarily build himself. The build in this thread can be used with two kernels :
    -3.1 alpha 27 kernel by @pengus77(included in 27 may build),or 3.1 kernel fork by @Firtecy(built in with bcmhd driver)
    -2.6.39.4 kernel by @pengus77 to use with 01/06/2014 build by @BS86 based on @tonyp sources(built in with bcm4329 driver)

Please respect the devs and their effort put into this. If you have questions, ask politely, if you find unknown bugs, please report with logs . Please don't asking for an ETA,when all is ready our devs will share with us :)

Github Links

Tonyp

Firtecy

Hjunii

AIO Toolkit (i.e. repartition your phone for preferred bootloader layout):here

Installation Instructions
    Beware: This is for new bootloader!!!
    Reboot into recovery (preferably TWRP 2.6.0.0 by tonyp or by @hjunii(thanks to @trocopassu for made it flashable)
    Wipe data/factory reset
    Wipe dalvik cache
    Flash ROM
    Reboot

Downloads

Tonyp's Basketbuild:
    Tonyp's Basketbuild CM11 folder

BS86's Basketbuild:
    BS86's Basketbuild CM11 folder

SUDDEN36 11/06/2014 BUILD

OLDBL Version

What Works
    Working:
    Phone
    Messaging
    WiFi
    3G
    Torch
    Sound
    SD cards
    Bluetooth pairing + file transfer
    GPS (got a cold fix after 30 secs with 9 satellites. Warm fix took < 10 seconds)
    USB file transfer to SD card
    USB tethering

Bugs
    -Usual CM10.2 bugs

-Upside down camera (kernel problem so don't ask because isn't rom fault,solved if you use the M1 kernel )

-QuickMemo app isn't compatible

-Bluetooth Calls

-Wifi Tethering

-HDMI not working

Bugs in bcm4329

-Screen off - flash

-No 0-percent battery level shutdown

-no traffic indicators

-wifi tethering only working after full wipe when changing ROM-compatibility

-HDMI not working
    I've updated and pushed my sources to the newest stable snapshot, so you can hopefully expect a new build based on M7 soon.
    M7 changed: http://www.cyanogenmod.org/blog/cyanogenmod-11-0-m7-released
    Note that it's still 4.4.2, CM will merge 4.4.3. in their next release.

I've decided to remove the included Performance Control and just ship the prebuild Performance Control instead, I think that might be the best solution for now as the enforced 1000 Mhz limit while booting is something that should be kept in my opinion to prevent problems for certain people.

Maybe you can find an option in your launcher to activate it or add "ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1" to your build.prop.
    While I think most of your tips are reasonable this particular build.prop edit doesn't work any more since GB ages :laugh:

Are people having lots of problems with launcher redraws? Then I can reinclude my old CM10.2 hack to increase it's running priority.
    Changelogs / Q&A / Credits

185714-wallpapers2560x1600comwallpapersthe-penguins-of-madagascar-cartoon.jpg

Changelog

20140713/20140716 (compiled by @BS86)
    Code:
    BCMDHD & BCM4329:
        resynced to CM11 M8

Android 4.4.4

reverted transparent status bar

added tonyp's memory management-optimizations

set default zRAM-size to 110MB instead of 60MB

removed torch app (buildbreaker)
    Q&A
    Are Gapps included or i should download it?
    Gapps are already included,because tony made a slim gapps package included in his sources.

Can you please add this and that feature?
    The builds you find here are with clean CM11 sources. That is what you can expect. Requests may be welcome, but do not expect it to be bloated with a ton of features.
    How can i install oldbl version?
    You should use cwm6.0.3.1 available directly from clockworkmod to flash it - twrp is apparently not usable!

Credits

- CyanogenMod
    - @pengus77
    - @hjunii
    - @tonyp for his sources and all his work for this phone .
    - @DJNoXD
    - @Firtecy
    - @BS86
    - @natalya for help me to write the OP
    - @sudden36 for 20140611 build
    Oh well, I don't feel like making 10 useless posts, so I'll just upload the zip from syslog here. :) Now to find some threads that I might be able to contrubute to! :D

So the problem is that my SIM card disconnects so that I have to enter my PIN again. I can see some errors in the log file, but I've no idea how to interpret them
    Me neither.
    Actually what's happening to you is the result of a bug fix I committed quite some time ago. Before that fix your signal would have shown as connected even if it wasn't anymore. It happens for a handful of people, but thanks to the "fix" you at least get the pin request and don't think that you still have signal.
    The reason is a sim crash, but I don't know what's causing it or how to fix it.

P.S.: yes, I'm subscribed to this thread (and a trillion others), so don't worry.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 mediante Tapatalk
    CM 11 speed up

So I was facing extreme slowdown on CM11 & Firtecy 3.1.10 Kernel (32 MB RH), everywhere in the ROM, using dialer, apps, lockscreen, camera etc.

To speed up, this is what I did:
    1. (Using Titanium Backup or Rom Toolbox) Froze unused apps like Cell broadcast, Clock (use timely instead), Email, Exchange Services, File Manager (Use Es File Explorer), Voice+, VPN dialogue, Whisper push. This frees up some RAM.
    2. Use Performance Control app 2.1.19 from this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2444376.
    The one included in settings is unusable for now. Its settings get reverted after each reboot.

Make following changes in each tab
    a) Set CPU max frequency to 1200.
    b) Set multicore power saving to 'On'. Also accesible in Kowalski manager.
    c) Fast charge - depends on you. Also accesible in Kowalski manager.
    d) Minfree taskkiller presets - Agressive. You can also check here if Zram is active. Leave it at 18%.
    e) Voltage - leave it unchanged. Undervolting hardly gives you powersaving, but stability might become an issue.
    f) SD read ahead to 1024 kb. Also accesible in Kowalski manager.
    Also here go to VM settings, and set
    dirty_background_ratio=15
    dirty_ratio=30
    swappiness=30
    (I remember these settings from @tonyp post in Cm10.1 thread. He can further advise if we need to fine tune these settings for CM11)

Do enable "Set on boot" for each setting page changed. Restart and you have responsive phone.
    Screenshots attached for reference. Enjoy CM11 :D

P.S. Memory Minfree settings can be further finetuned. Hence waiting for Tony's inputs.