• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][PAC-man][4.2.2][UNOFFICIAL]Galaxy Exhibit 4g

Search This thread

theAPANT

Feb 26, 2012
PAC-man ROM is a mash up of AOKP, Paranoid and Cyanogenmod. Their official motto is pretty fitting too, “Why choose when you can have it all?”

***Disclaimer*** I have barely tested this (too busy) so I can not attest to it's smoothness, stability, battery life, etc... so think of this as an all invited test session.

Pac_collection.png

Working:

Wifi
Camera
Data
mms
calling

Not Working:
nothing, but let me know

Download ROM 6/13: HERE
Download ROM 6/13: MIRROR
Download gapps HERE
Inverted gapps HERE thanks ReckYoChips

Installation Instructions:
1.) download ROM and gapps and put them on your SD (internal or external)
2.) boot into recovery (TWRP it's better)
3.) wipe data, cache and dalvik
4.) flash ROM and gapps
5.) reboot and let it sit for 5-10 min
6.) enjoy!
7.)I would also recommend disabling, or changing the gravity of pie control, so the very bottom of the screen works correctly. (We don't have onscreen keys) settings>system>pie settings>trigger area>none

Credit:

Team-Insomnia
Camcory
Smartguy044
Tim1928

Arco

Last edited:

Neoxal

Aug 27, 2012
Thanks for continuing on this project! You're on your way to being up there with cam, tim, and smartguy lol.

det0xx

Jul 14, 2012
Riverside
My gawd! ive been craving this sooooo long. Finally i was about to cry ahha. Thanks man!

Also you may want to throw in the "Unofficial" in the title so people dont go asking the wrong people for help and you dont get in trouble

EDIT: Inverted Gapps for This Rom by the creator of PACMAN rom http://d-h.st/lgX

Last edited:
Reactions: theAPANT

Tim1928

Mar 21, 2012
Paducah
Re: [ROM][PAC-man][4.2.2]Galaxy Exhibit 4g Unofficial

Good stuff man I can help you fix Bluetooth when I get home

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: theAPANT

tazmaniondvl

Sep 11, 2012
Phoenix

Praise the Devs!!!! I might not leave afterall

Sent from my SGH-T679 using xda app-developers app

torch2424

Jun 3, 2012
Oh snap! I remember this rom! I hope it's just as awesome! I'll have to try this out once Bluetooth is confirmed working!

tazmaniondvl

Sep 11, 2012
Phoenix

So far pretty smooth, but there are some problems with the touch screen. Maybe not calibrated? mainly at the bottom Any suggestions

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

Nevermind it was pie controls :)

Last edited:

KindleUser

Dec 7, 2012
I MAY test this out later in the week, IF bluetooth gets fixed. I'll be looking at KF topic all month. So I won't be here as much.

tazmaniondvl

Sep 11, 2012
Phoenix

I love it :) except i ran into a small problem, i cannot for the life of me find where to get rid of the nav bar that randomly showed up when i was in pa changing transparency of the status bar

theAPANT

Feb 26, 2012

I love it :) except i ran into a small problem, i cannot for the life of me find where to get rid of the nav bar that randomly showed up when i was in pa changing transparency of the status bar

Try going to settings>hybrid properties>swipe left>interface>Nav bar and slide that to zero

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: tazmaniondvl

tazmaniondvl

Sep 11, 2012
Phoenix

That was it thanks!!!

---------- Post added at 06:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 AM ----------

Will Tims oc kernel break anything? Being thatch it's not updated

paratroopa89

Feb 12, 2013
Unfortunately I'm having issues connecting to WEP; just like Slimbean, it says it is a Saved network, but it won't connect at all.

tazmaniondvl

Sep 11, 2012
Phoenix

Gotten this a few times, minor annoyance, but it appears to eat up a but of ram, did so research and i guess is a memory peak?

Well i would love to add a screenshot buy it won't let me.

tazmaniondvl

Sep 11, 2012
Phoenix

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364999138725.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364999138725.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 406
  • uploadfromtaptalk1364999148330.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364999148330.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 377

theAPANT

Feb 26, 2012

Unfortunately I'm having issues connecting to WEP; just like Slimbean, it says it is a Saved network, but it won't connect at all.

Yup I'm not surprised since that was broken before. Cam has it working so hopefully it will be fixed soon

theAPANT

Feb 26, 2012

That was it thanks!!!

---------- Post added at 06:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 AM ----------

Will Tims oc kernel break anything? Being thatch it's not updated

Idk if it will break anything but I would wait until an update since stuff has recently been fixed and improved. He's good about updates, so give him some time

As for system ui taking allot of memory that's probably not surprising since there is allot of color changing in status bar and visual tweaks in pac. Im not seeing this on my end though and 9.8 is not that much at all. Games can easily go 100 and lock up the phone

Last edited:

ArtfulDodger

Apr 2, 2012
Louisville
www.youtube.com
Idk if it will break anything but I would wait until an update since stuff has recently been fixed and improved. He's good about updates, so give him some time

As for system ui taking allot of memory that's probably not surprising since there is allot of color changing in status bar and visual tweaks in pac. Im not seeing this on my end though and 9.8 is not that much at all. Games can easily go 100 and lock up the phone

This is always something everybody needs to remember. The phone does NOT have enough memory to run many games that people want to play (didn't Alan Parsons say that?). It's the phone's worst weakness and it's a big one. Not only that system UI is many cases runs at 20mb or more so 9 is actually very good.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PAC-man ROM is a mash up of AOKP, Paranoid and Cyanogenmod. Their official motto is pretty fitting too, “Why choose when you can have it all?”

***Disclaimer*** I have barely tested this (too busy) so I can not attest to it's smoothness, stability, battery life, etc... so think of this as an all invited test session.

Pac_collection.png

Working:

Wifi
    Camera
    Data
    mms
    calling

Not Working:
    nothing, but let me know

Download ROM 6/13: HERE
    Download ROM 6/13: MIRROR
    Download gapps HERE
    Inverted gapps HERE thanks ReckYoChips

Installation Instructions:
    1.) download ROM and gapps and put them on your SD (internal or external)
    2.) boot into recovery (TWRP it's better)
    3.) wipe data, cache and dalvik
    4.) flash ROM and gapps
    5.) reboot and let it sit for 5-10 min
    6.) enjoy!
    7.)I would also recommend disabling, or changing the gravity of pie control, so the very bottom of the screen works correctly. (We don't have onscreen keys) settings>system>pie settings>trigger area>none

Credit:

Team-Insomnia
    Camcory
    Smartguy044
    Tim1928

Arco
    I got a spare few hours, so here you guys go:

Download ROM latest May 8th: http://d-h.st/UV9

Updated to v22.1.1, with no personal changes from me, but I will look into improvements later when I have time. I have not tested this much.

**I never recommend dirty flashing, but if you choose to make a backup just in case. TWRP does it in a few minutes.**
    Also don't forget to change PIE settings, so the bottom of the screen works correctly. Check the OP for more info

If you want to compile this ROM yourself to make your own nightlies or whatever, I pushed all my changes, but this is assuming you are running linux and have all your packages installed. Google it!

https://github.com/theapant/android-pac

checkout the README.md for info

All the best!
    NEW build is up, updated to version v23.0.0. with HALO

building instructions have also changed slightly to a more easily maintainable method. Go here for sources https://github.com/Teamlce/ancora_local_manifest
    I got touchwiz as a zip and it worke.
    fine but I think I got the wrong wifi calling zip coz it messed my phone. Good thing I had a Nandroid. Do you have a link for the wifi calling zip? And btw I'm on aoip if it makes a difference

I don't have it on my phone but try this http://d-h.st/8vu
    Keep in mid last time I tried this was when i was ruuning rootbox

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

Its been a while since I last had it running I think I download stock ROM and extract the ROM and grabbed the launcher and I can't remember where I got the WiFi zip but its on my computer.

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Don't know if this is against the rules but I got it from here

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/9c5f1fe9ba/

Was that it?
    You know the end is near when those types of posts are the only thing happening around here. :banghead:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Exhibit running AOIP.

poor guy. He asked the same question on four separate occasions.

My suggestion: sell that phone and get the Galaxy Exhibit 4G